Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Gamera is a friend to children everywhere!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cardboard Box posted:

is there anywhere online to watch every episode? really disappointed with the small netflix selection on offer right now

Here's a list I made of where you can legally watch each episode. Most of them, at least.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
Pluto TV has an all-MST3K channel with maybe 20 or so episodes in good quality, and is totally free. They seem to loop 4 or 5 episodes a day. I know there's apps for iPhone and Amazon.

The downside is it's literally a channel. If you miss something you have to wait until it rolls around again. Plus they keep the original ad breaks for maybe 2 minutes of new ads or Pluto id's.

Almost all the other channels are junk but it's worth a download. They have a couple of obscure movies channels that aren't bad at all.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

HannibalBarca posted:

It's a real shame that the rights to the Japanese monster movies are such a headache; I'm a fan of those films on their own terms and so the MST3K episodes featuring them are among my favorites. I have the MST3K vs. Gamera box set, luckily.

Sandy Frank never did forgive them for that song they did to make fun of him, did he?

"Time of the Apes," in case you were wondering which one it's from.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Gamera is a friend to children everywhere!

Great, now I'm going to have the song stuck in my head all day!!

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Live Q&A with the bots right now on Facebook, these guys have been pretty funny.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh looks like they had a new bot at the beginning of it. "Waverly"

https://www.facebook.com/mysterysciencetheater3000/videos/1271219182925473/

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Pleasing Shape posted:

Pluto TV has an all-MST3K channel with maybe 20 or so episodes in good quality, and is totally free. They seem to loop 4 or 5 episodes a day. I know there's apps for iPhone and Amazon.

The downside is it's literally a channel. If you miss something you have to wait until it rolls around again. Plus they keep the original ad breaks for maybe 2 minutes of new ads or Pluto id's.

Almost all the other channels are junk but it's worth a download. They have a couple of obscure movies channels that aren't bad at all.

I think the episodes on Pluto are the ones on the official MST3k YouTube channel, because Pluto pulls most of its content from YT.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

I like him already. That voice is familiar.

EDIT: Tom and Crow do sound pretty good.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 5, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my God Waverly is what would happen if KTMA Tom and Crow had a baby

I loving love him so much

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah it's cute. Kinda reminds me of like Kermit's assistant on The Muppet Show.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Tom Servo's hands now move and it's equally weird and delightful.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

PostNouveau posted:

Crow sounds a little like the way he did when Bill first operated him. Tom sounds Muppety.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Space Travelers might be one of the most boring movies MST3K ever tackled

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Burkion posted:

Space Travelers might be one of the most boring movies MST3K ever tackled

I watched it the other day purely for Gregory Peck. He wasn't worth it.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It's not good enough to be enjoyable and it's not bad enough to be laughable. It's a total nothing movie.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That's the worst kind of movie I think, for MST3K.

It's just not a lot to work with.

I tried watching it in bed the last three days and kept falling asleep during it.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I watched Racket Girls last night and while objectively it is one of those movies where almost nothing happens, I somehow stayed engaged the whole way through.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

PostNouveau posted:

That was pretty funny. And I don't hate the voices! The new guys play off of each other pretty nicely.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I think one of the smart things Joel did was to have Jonah help pick the new bots. They have a built in, natural rapport, and it helps to rekindle the vibe of the old show, which to me alway seemed like a bunch of friends having a good time.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Bruteman posted:

That was pretty funny. And I don't hate the voices! The new guys play off of each other pretty nicely.

yeah i think the new voices are pretty good! i'm more looking forward to the episodes now

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Mods, please change my name to A Joe Don Baker's Dozen.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I could watch a season of just Ultraman

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bruteman posted:

Yeah. The voices work for me. And they'll feel better with a proper recording. That Facebook video had pretty crappy sound.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Junkie Disease posted:

Throw in some Kamen Rider and I'm down.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Junkie Disease posted:

I can make some recommendations

The Ultraman Cosmos movies are *DIRE*

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Oh I love Ultraman, I'm just saying they could do seasons of Ultraman stuff and I'd be glued.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The Facebook Live thing was amazing. Anyone bitching about the new voices is just being a dullard. :colbert:

Breadallelogram posted:

I watched Racket Girls last night and while objectively it is one of those movies where almost nothing happens, I somehow stayed engaged the whole way through.

Racket Girls is one of my favorite episodes because the movie is so goofy and pretty much every riff is hilarious. Then you have the added treat of a great short and the rare time the host segments are about the short instead of the movie.

"When Ed Wood saw this movie, it was like when Truffaut saw Citizen Kane"

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

The wrestlers delivering their lines terribly and Mike just chuckling is really funny to me.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Breadallelogram posted:

The wrestlers delivering their lines terribly and Mike just chuckling is really funny to me.

Some of my biggest laughs are when Mike is visibly corpsing, like when he busts up at the surly shopkeep ("Creeper, creeper!") in The Beast Man.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TL posted:

I think one of the smart things Joel did was to have Jonah help pick the new bots. They have a built in, natural rapport, and it helps to rekindle the vibe of the old show, which to me alway seemed like a bunch of friends having a good time.

Yeah, those guys seem to work really well together! I'm super stoked for this new season.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Wow, Servo is way closer to Kevin than I thought he would be. Crow sounds kind of in between Trace and Bill. They both sound good!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

caligulamprey posted:

Tom Servo's hands now move and it's equally weird and delightful.

Yeah no, Tom's arms moving is just weird.

Somebody get me a dot matrix printer so I can make a I HATE TOM SERVO'S NEW ARMS banner.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TL posted:

Yeah, one thing I keep getting from all the interviews is that all three of them are

A) really excited to work on the show, like it's a dream come true
and
B) think of themselves as a team and really like the way the dynamic works between them.

I'm at work and can't watch the video and now I have to wait like eight hours :mad:

e: The guy who voices and operates Waverly posted on some old MST3K Proboards. I'm glad they're trying to stay engaged:

http://forrestcrow.proboards.com/thread/23527/crow-press-conference-netflix-video

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 6, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

robot roll call posted:

Wow, Servo is way closer to Kevin than I thought he would be. Crow sounds kind of in between Trace and Bill. They both sound good!

It's probably just practice now. The Kickstarter and FoD videos were their first tries at the roles, but they've shot the whole season now so they're probably settled into the voices.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016
Any one know what Waverly's mouth is made of?

I have think I have figured out everything but the mouth and hands (but I have a doll expert looking for the hands).

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

fastbilly1 posted:

Any one know what Waverly's mouth is made of?

I have think I have figured out everything but the mouth and hands (but I have a doll expert looking for the hands).

There is a backers only Kickstarter post that walked through the design process for Mr. Waverly. Unfortunately it doesn't say what the original parts were but it does say that the final model is a ~1.5x 3d-printed blow-up of the original prototype (which was cobbled together from bits of common household items like the classic bots) so you may have to look at smaller items than you are currently looking at.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016

Mr.Radar posted:

There is a backers only Kickstarter post that walked through the design process for Mr. Waverly. Unfortunately it doesn't say what the original parts were but it does say that the final model is a ~1.5x 3d-printed blow-up of the original prototype (which was cobbled together from bits of common household items like the classic bots) so you may have to look at smaller items than you are currently looking at.
I cant access the kickstarter page from work, but a friend of mine sent me a picture of one of the prototypes (with action figure arms and legs). Looks like it is a kids castle pail. That will probably be the hardest part to get, sans 3d printing, since I have not seen one of those in Waverlys size.

Hitting up Homedepot, Walmart, Goodwill, and the Dollar Store on the way home to see if I can get the rest of his parts.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
It's some manner of sand castle mold. Looks like it's probably from Small World Toys. Same for the shoulders I believe, although those particular molds are a bit different and might not be sold anymore/be part of a different kit.

The yellow one in the back is the mouth, and the shoulders are some alternate version of the red crossed with the blue.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I really like the new voices, but I'm very distracted by the reflective surface they used as the background for the FB video.