Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

"Now there's only one more thing we need to know... How long an object would you need to reach the prostate from the backdoor for every race?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The Chairman posted:

For anyone considering getting into the game now in preparation for Stormblood, Humble Bundle has FFXIV + Heavensward for PC for $19.79.

Also can just get either one for $9.99.

I picked up just ARR because I don't think I'll make it to the HW content before Stormblood, and Stormblood comes with HW anyway.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I google most ff14 quest names since they're usually slightly modified references unique to the game, anyways today I googled "the greatest story never told"

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The best gpose instruction manual I can find is this:

/gpose will continually repeat your last emote. You have to exit and open /gpose each time you want to change
/sit will reset it back to idle
num* will open a special effects tab that's pretty self explanatory
1 will pause all actors
2 will pause the selected actor
space will have actors face you

And I have to represent the good hair havers' club:

now post the ones with the good hair

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

If I really enjoy the GW2 and Rift style of open world events and social activities like that, is there anything in FFXIV endgame like that? All I see in streams is people doing dungeons or raids, and while that is cool, I also enjoy just loving around doing whatever dailies and events are going on.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

FATEs are something similar to GW2 events but I think that's a thing GW2 does better. Have you looked at ESO? Great for just walking around and looking for things to do, I can't imagine myself doing this in XIV.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Hunts will scratch that itch, too. The lower rank hunting bills have you just go take out some general world monsters, where the higher rank Hunts will have you take on named mobs. A and S rank hunts are like big world bosses, and you don't need to pick up a hunting bill ahead of time, so you can jump in when you see them.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah I wouldn't play this game for engaging open world content, all the endgame stuff of note is instanced. As far as open world stuff goes, You have FATEs which work pretty similarly to Rift, but outside of the handful of big boss battle ones the rewards for doing them are pretty slight after you hit level cap. There are open world hunts which you can totally gear yourself up via, but its not so much an activity as hearing a monster has spawned, teleporting to a place, and killing it. And then there's Diadem which is instanced but is one big zone full of players that it groups you up to do FATEs with.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
who says this game has no open world content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRrbDJoKO_A

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Xun posted:

wait how? Does gpose have an instruction manual

number pad w/ the num lock toggled on and off does different things
if you havn't rebound wasdqe they move the camera in certain ways as well.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

jalapeno_dude posted:

Caster LB on the last big pull before Mr. Sloppy in Baelsar's Wall definitely speeds things up. I also tend to do it in Sohm Al Hard on one of the pulls with two Lava Oozes (or whatever they're called) and no one's complained.

For Sohm Al hard I caster LB the second set of adds on the last boss just because it makes everything vastly easier to deal with.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, same. It's not really a hard fight but using a caster LB there just trivializes it entirely.

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

Heck yeah

eggxilhlarating

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Leonheart posted:

Heck yeah

eggxilhlarating

*whispers from the background* ~eguu

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Countblanc posted:

who says this game has no open world content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRrbDJoKO_A

Loving the recommendations on that vid.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I don't understand how male catgirls are riding that thing.

There are some serious mysteries of anatomy going on.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I don't understand how male catgirls are riding that thing.

There are some serious mysteries of anatomy going on.

barbed dick

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Give everyone an individual bar that can do a level 1 LB. Maybe LB2 on certain bosses.

I want them to go further and let everyone have a super unique LB3 that isn't as powerful individually as the current LB, but is tailored for them, so like Monk can unlock access to GL4 for 30 seconds, and attacks in GL4, on top of being faster and hitting harder, give you back TP. Ninja could just have their mudra cooldowns unlocked so you can throw out ninjutsu as fast as you can mash em out. Summoner can summon a bunch of egis and swarm someone under, or they summon all of their egis including a bahamut egi and fuse them together into an egi voltron. Black mage gains access to a new spell that just fuses all of their current black mage spells into a shitfucker actual spell for 30 seconds, or just let them cast flare without cost for a little while, and let them change flare to single target if they're in umbral and it's just a giant ice spike.

Paladin can have the current LB3 because who loving cares about paladins.

Just, something that's really cool and involves you actually doing something instead of essentially watching a cutscene with a lovely camera.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Agreed, implement 2h abilities in ffxiv

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Black mage gains access to a new spell that just fuses all of their current black mage spells into a shitfucker actual spell for 30 seconds

So basically this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHtxFmzEt1o

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Agreed, implement 2h abilities in ffxiv

Do this and add "Make sure to hold with both hands" is added to the auto translator.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

I mean, it's Shantotto. Yes, exactly that.

Atarch
Feb 11, 2017

Spoopy Ghost

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Buffed to the point that WHM now exist in a state of "a welcome contribution but people shade towards AST for the increased raid utility".

That's sort of a bummer, I loved seeing how WHM played. I may have to jump back into the game to give AST a try however.

EDIT: On a side note, I've recently moved to Hawaii, would I be fine playing on one of the NA servers or do I need to play on a JP one?

Atarch fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 6, 2017

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Mr. Leonheart posted:

Heck yeah

eggxilhlarating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b894Y0pSZDI

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Just, something that's really cool and involves you actually doing something instead of essentially watching a cutscene with a lovely camera.
something something Final Fantasy

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Are we still posting cool gpose shots?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Niton posted:

Are we still posting cool gpose shots?

Yes.

Also Set's work

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

What's a list of the good suits in the game? Is it just the Best man's set?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

There's the butler costume too, but that was a limited time thing last year. Depending on your class some of the shire sets have an over-fancy vaguely victorian sort of formal look to them too. I mean the caster one has a top hat and monocle. :wotwot:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

We have a lovely community

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Stormgale posted:

What's a list of the good suits in the game? Is it just the Best man's set?

You can also get married to someone and get a cool suit. :eng101:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

This reminds me of the exdr with a mnk and brd yesterday. The MNK only ever hit from the back, and I wasn't paying too much attention, but he only appeared to be going through 1 combo and every time any boss so much as moved, he'd run to the other edge of the arena and back. The bard never used any song, much less foes. Neither used any cooldowns. I was consistently 2nd in threat even on bosses, despite using next to zero healing skills because rouse could handle most everything. At least the drk was competent.

Did you know 3rd hiss only spawns the non-glowy adds? :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Leofish posted:

You can also get married to someone and get a cool suit. :eng101:

The hat ruins this. :(

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Truga posted:

This reminds me of the exdr with a mnk and brd yesterday. The MNK only ever hit from the back, and I wasn't paying too much attention, but he only appeared to be going through 1 combo and every time any boss so much as moved, he'd run to the other edge of the arena and back. The bard never used any song, much less foes. Neither used any cooldowns. I was consistently 2nd in threat even on bosses, despite using next to zero healing skills because rouse could handle most everything. At least the drk was competent.

Did you know 3rd hiss only spawns the non-glowy adds? :v:

You probably played with bots. We had a monk do the same poo poo in a DS. 450 dps the first boss and 165 dps the second one with 3-4 deaths. He did speak up when I said to say something. However I still vote kicked him after the 2nd boss. He also wouldnt turn on the fire stance when I nicely suggested he should.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Not gonna lie, would love to use a bot for mining/botany as that is some super mindless boring stuff, but using one for dungeons sounds pointless and a billion times slower than just playing.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Brainamp posted:

Not gonna lie, would love to use a bot for mining/botany as that is some super mindless boring stuff, but using one for dungeons sounds pointless and a billion times slower than just playing.

I did during AAR. It was great. Did 1-50 bot/min for me. Would never trust it for a dungeon though or even know how they work these days. Plus the fun part of the game is murdering dungeons/raid content. I don't understand why people bot that.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Lemon-Lime posted:

The hat ruins this. :(

I disagree, but I know some people don't like hats. I think the cloche with the tailcoat makes for a Victorian kind of look. Maybe a bit old-fashioned, but to each their own (glamour).

I've changed up my MCH glam anyway.

:v:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I have to say that I really don't like the LB system much. I know why it is the way it is but it feels kind of awkward and unnatural and too prone to miscommunication, plus it has a big cool awesome effect that like 1 person/fight gets to use and that person is probably a specific DPS or tank. I donno how you'd fix it but it'd be more fun if it felt like I ever had any reason to use a limit break ever as a healer except in the like 1-in-300 times that I'm the last one standing while the LB bar is still full.

You don't have to be the last one standing to use healer LB3, in fact I'm like 90% sure using it when there are 2 dps dead is a dps increase over using melee limit break.

I do think they should buff healer LB1 and 2, though. Maybe make LB1 cure all debuffs and restore party to full health, LB2 do those things plus restore all TP/MP, and LB3 do those things plus what it currently does.
Healer LB should be a way to remove at least some normally uncurable debuffs, like vulnerability stacks, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

• Locked thread