Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've basically not gone into Mementos since I was introduced to it because damnit I gotta go eat a billion giant burgers so gun-senpai will notice me. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I haven't beat the first Palace yet because I am shackled by my real life

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alright yeah, Mercer's Goemon voice is pretty drat amazing.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
My favorite voice-acting boy just showed up and I am very pleased

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What's a good place to get Kindness?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Heath posted:

What's a good place to get Kindness?

The Flower Shop Part-Time Job in the Underground Mall, go to the Underground Walkway to find the job posting for it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Captain Baal posted:

The Flower Shop Part-Time Job in the Underground Mall, go to the Underground Walkway to find the job posting for it
You can buy bio-nutrients from there that you can give to your plant every few weeks for a free few points

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also yeah, it's every 16 days get the bio nutrients and feed your fuckin plant for free kindness

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

On this theme, what avenues are there for improving your proficiency?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

shrike82 posted:

Beef Bowl job, just generally crafting a ton of crap, the usual stuff (movies and books and poo poo)

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
Just got splatted twice by a non-boss in the first castle. (He did glow red, but so had the 20 or so other shadows I'd beaten stupid...) (Normal Difficulty level)

1st fight went like this

Ambush
Try dark, he looks Angelic... (normal damage)
Try Garu, because options are limited at level 8. (normal damage)
Try Spiked bat to the head (normal damage)
Try Agi (normal damage)

(Level 16) MOB responds with makouha... (MC had Succubus equipped, dead, rest of party was in single digit health)

2nd attempt

Equip Pixie for Light Strong; Defend first round...

MOB casts Makouha, 40 ish damage across board. MC resists for 25...
MOB gets second attack whose name eludes me. Party wipe.

Did I make a wrong turn?

This thing isn't a boss, it's just a fixed fight... but there's no way to sneak around it, since it's like a closet sized room.

Anyone else encounter this?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

shrike82 posted:

Beef Bowl Job, Creating Thief Tools at your Desk, Other general stuff like books, movies, and I think the Batting Cages

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God the Ippon Datara mini boss sucks even if it only took a second try this time unlike back when I first played the game and had to try like six times.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"Sign this confession, rear end in a top hat"

"Hah, sure! There, my name's Butt Muncher, got it in your head?"

and then the character's name was butt muncher

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I was an inch away from putting Hugh Jass or something bc I thought the character would do it as a gag, then realized it'd mean reading the same joke for 100 hours

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

wizard on a water slide posted:

I was an inch away from putting Hugh Jass or something bc I thought the character would do it as a gag, then realized it'd mean reading the same joke for 100 hours

hugh mungus. why didnt i think of it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk about you but Spuds McKenzie is still working wonders

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thanks to those who answered questions about Japanese politics earlier.

So what does it mean to be "on duty" in high school

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

cleaning duty. A lot of JP schools (not all, but a lot) don't have any janitors and the kids take turns cleaning.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If I'm thinking of the right thing it's basically a student chosen to be the class representative on a rotating basis. They call out when to stand and greet the teacher and that sort of thing.

e: ^^^ or that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh, i got owned by not thinking very hard.

could be either depending on context i guess. Usually the stuff Oxxidation mentioned is handled by a class president though.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Also holy cannoli these kids have some serious potty mouths. Even Ann spits out language that would turn anyone in the last two games' hair white.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

first dungeon and the main character already got one shot this is definitely a persona game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/RayChase/status/849400477750001668

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well inaba is a small town let's be fair

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Where does Ann usually hangout when she isn't in the classroom? I see she's a hangout option for the day I'm on but can't seem to find her.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

Also holy cannoli these kids have some serious potty mouths. Even Ann spits out language that would turn anyone in the last two games' hair white.

These are some bitter kids.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Where does Ann usually hangout when she isn't in the classroom? I see she's a hangout option for the day I'm on but can't seem to find her.

Shibuya Underground Mall.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Man, do not rent a movie before you start exams. I do not want to imagine what my late fees are going to be.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Regarding endings )not any content aboiut what the endings actually are since I don't know)

I know there are 3 bad endings

Can you NG+ off em or no? Just curious if I have a reason to see em

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can, iirc

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Man, do not rent a movie before you start exams. I do not want to imagine what my late fees are going to be.

yea I also made that mistake. Strongly considering just never going back to that store Blockbuster style

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Doing Kamoshida's palace early and in one shot kinda bit me in the rear end since after (I assume) Ann just went and spent two weeks visiting her friend in the hospital and I couldn't hang with her.

I got like the rest of links at like 3-4, the unlocks for social link ranks are such a great addition, I'm gonna completely fail mid-terms cause I've just been hanging out with people for new skills

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 6, 2017

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Captain Baal posted:

You can, iirc

Do they happen like earlier in the Calendar at points or is it like a choice at the end or something? If so that'll at least encourage me to do a second playthrough

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MotU posted:

Do they happen like earlier in the Calendar at points or is it like a choice at the end or something? If so that'll at least encourage me to do a second playthrough

Both happen near the deadass end of the game

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

NutShellBill posted:

Just got splatted twice by a non-boss in the first castle. (He did glow red, but so had the 20 or so other shadows I'd beaten stupid...) (Normal Difficulty level)

a pretty consistent rule in SMT/persona games is that if it's not a boss and it doesn't have any real weaknesses then it's secretly really weak to one or more ailments

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Captain Baal posted:

Both happen near the deadass end of the game

really wish they'd put in incentives for a NG+ outside of carry-overs like an ending append or w/e because it makes me wanna follow a guide to do everything in 1 run if there's nothing added to a second

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You get a new secret boss and that's it

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

I think they just expect mos people to want to play the game twice, looking back through old events with later context in mind, and NG+ features just make that easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

NutShellBill posted:

1st fight went like this

Ambush
Try dark, he looks Angelic... (normal damage)
Try Garu, because options are limited at level 8. (normal damage)
Try Spiked bat to the head (normal damage)
Try Agi (normal damage)

(Level 16) MOB responds with makouha... (MC had Succubus equipped, dead, rest of party was in single digit health)

2nd attempt

Equip Pixie for Light Strong; Defend first round...

MOB casts Makouha, 40 ish damage across board. MC resists for 25...
MOB gets second attack whose name eludes me. Party wipe.

Did I make a wrong turn?

This thing isn't a boss, it's just a fixed fight... but there's no way to sneak around it, since it's like a closet sized room.

Anyone else encounter this?
I'm not sure what fixed fight this is, but if it's an Archangel, they're weak to Zio