Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Im sure someone said this but if they really are trained assassins from birth then skin tight is definitely the best option, since it cuts down on drag in miod-air, nothing someone can yank or tug in combat, and it's harder to see blood/damage accrue as the fight goes on. Even tight robes like the other priestesses wouldn't make any sense for the ones with long range chain whips and stuff, too many tassels and folds to get caught in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

EagerSleeper posted:

I'm actually a fan of this theory. Thank you for the interesting write up!

I just caught up to the end of this thread and wanted to chime in. In regards to past discussion about Samurai Jack and putting ladies in skin-tight battle suits, I'm fairly sure being sexist or using the septuplets as eye candy wasn't the goal of the show, so I'm going to have good faith in this show until I see something more egregious or if they use the 'bitch' word. So far the Daughters of Aku are being set up as intense, fearsome, but also tragically sheltered individuals by the show itself, and it seems like the show is devoted to making them (or at least just Ashi who may be just the sole remaining assassin) interesting character(s). And that's a pretty feminist/progressive goal right there, so I'm happy so far. Feel free to quote me though if it turns out that Ashi turns into pure fanservice later on.

I'm looking forward to the next episode of Samurai Jack, because it reminds me of the time that Jack went inside a farting dragon whose farts where so bad that it was killing a town. God, I loved that episode. :allears:

No one's talked about the episode teaser much, I guess because it's so non-indicative this time. The blacklight effect on those weird swimming animals did seem familiar to various previous episodes, though they're probably just returning to it because it looks cool. (It's almost not worth noting when this show looks cool because of course it does).

mycot fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 4, 2017

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I haven't seen anyone complain that Aku has been naked the entire series

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

brocked posted:

I haven't seen anyone complain that Aku has been naked the entire series

It's not. Second episode established that his eyebrows are items of clothing. Checkmate.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Also everyone is actually speaking sort-of-old Japanese.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Chairman Capone posted:

It's not. Second episode established that his eyebrows are items of clothing. Checkmate.

That's his version of a toupee, he's getting up there in age

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

fadam posted:

The worst part of this last minute, unannounced switch is that I'm pretty sure its going to gently caress up my whole Sonarr set-up.

Nah, Sonarr pulls by S/E names, it should be fine.

In hilarious news I spent a few days F5'ing until I checked the schedule and saw it was this weekend. I didn't even know about the joke, I just assumed they were skipping the week.

It doesn't seem funny to me but we

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Wild Horses posted:

That show is the epitome of "trying too hard"
Its apparently what we deserve

Desumaytah posted:

In this, the Samurai Jack thread, I will say that I wanted to watch the show, Samurai Jack, instead of the show, Rick and Morty.

I mean, I've waited almost thirteen years for new Jack, so I can wait a little more, but it's still a dick move. I am sad, and have been made sad by jokesters.

:qq::hf::qq:

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

oh no someone has a dissenting opinion on the internet

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

For centuries, the Goons of TVIV lived in harmony. Then everything changed when Rick & Morty attacked.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS9A0Lc4rGg

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

i'm gonna keep posting dank memes till y'all shut the gently caress up about rick and morty

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL3zEPoCALA

pro loving click

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

All of the lovely dumbasses in the comments (and the guy's responses) are loving gold.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

All of the lovely dumbasses in the comments (and the guy's responses) are loving gold.

That one guy is right, they should have replaced Ashi's audio with donald duck.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly just the Goofy noises made me loving lose my poo poo

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

I just finished watching all the old goofy cartoons.
Good poo poo

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I don't know about everyone else, but every night at 10 this week, my cable lists the new Jack episode. But of course, that's when AS is replaying Rick and Morty. I admire Adult Swim for their commitment to trolling.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Guys, you're all thinking Rick and Morty and Samurai Jack are mortal enemies, but it's just the opposite: it's when they come together that we reach perfection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43PhlIsEFNU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm gonna keep posting dank memes till y'all shut the gently caress up about rick and morty

Bless you.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Regalingualius posted:

Guys, you're all thinking Rick and Morty and Samurai Jack are mortal enemies, but it's just the opposite: it's when they come together that we reach perfection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43PhlIsEFNU

:five:

Adding to the train:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji2HKfy9vQk

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Here's my meme contribution:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arFEKKb8FAk

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiLk619tHgE

edit:

youtube comment posted:

One whole week has passed but I did not air

Patience has lost its effect on me but the suffering continues

Adult Swim's jokes choke the past, present, and future

Gotta get back, back on the air

Samurai Jack

editedit: Theory time. It's been so long since Jack has been away from his home, that I wonder if he had begun to lose not only his purpose to defeat Aku, but also his own identity. It must be pretty bad being in a world where there's no family or friend (besides the Scotsman) who really even knows who he is. He probably hasn't heard his real name spoken aloud in decades. I wonder if Ashi will ask him if Samurai Jack is really his real name, because she's been fed a lot of misinformation about Jack. Jack would have to think about it for a while, but he answers back with his real name. I think it'd be a neat humanizing touch if they did reveal his real name, but I understand if they don't.

EagerSleeper fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 7, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

My theory is that by the end she will go from Ashi to Classi

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Jack's real name is Bob. Bob Burgers.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

raditts posted:

My theory is that by the end she will go from Ashi to Classi

:golfclap:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Megaspel posted:

Jack's real name is Bob. Bob Burgers.

This isn't a Phoenix Wright game

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

RandomFerret posted:

This isn't a Phoenix Wright game

I think it's a reference to the cartoon Bob's Burgers.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

VolticSurge posted:

I think it's a reference to the cartoon Bob's Burgers.

No, you're both wrong, it's a reference to this online webcomic on the internet.

(Actually I couldn't think of any other name besides bob burgers because I was thinking of Teddy thinking Bob's surname was burgers)

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 7, 2017

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Why is this only 17 seconds :(

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rappaport posted:

Why is this only 17 seconds :(

'cause there's a longer one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4GojJyRxE&t=1s

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I like that some people objected more to Daughters' outfits than to their brutal deaths.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I like that some people objected more to Daughters' outfits than to their brutal deaths.

One of these was a central element to the narrative conflict, the other was a design choice.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Yesssssssss

:tipshat:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ikanreed posted:

One of these was a central element to the narrative conflict, the other was a spear through the liver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

ikanreed posted:

One of these was a central element to the narrative conflict, the other was a design choice.

• Locked thread