Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I have to say, this take on Ward is interesting. Not that he's inherently evil but that he just is so devoted and intensely loyal to one person (Garrett, Daisy, 33/Kara, and now Skye/Daisy again) he's willing to upend his own life and world order for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So all Daisy would need is virtual terrigen to Quake the gently caress out of the Triskelion.

Also, fingers crossed that Cal is part of the resistance...

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The last bit about Bill Paxton was nice :unsmith:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Darth Brooks posted:

I like how that article starts out "The world's greatest mind..."

and includes the line "without any interference from still obstructionist and dastardly government interference."

I feel that 'dastardly' isn't a word I see in newspaper enough.

HD TV and screen capturing must have put so much additional work on propmakers. Back when everything was broadcast on 480p and VHS, you just didn't need to have that text be anything but 'Lorem Ipsum'.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

bring back old gbs posted:

I heard Cambridge Incident and for a second thought "Holy gently caress did they just do a Logan reference??" before logic kicked in

This makes me think, wasn't Cambridge attacked by the Dark Elves in Thor 2? Did Hydra just blame Inhumans instead to get the hate train rolling?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Burning_Monk posted:

This makes me think, wasn't Cambridge attacked by the Dark Elves in Thor 2? Did Hydra just blame Inhumans instead to get the hate train rolling?

Possibly, but I think in the show we are supposed to assume May saved the kid in Baharain> kid went on to live a kid's life> freaked out one day and hundreds died> HYDRA world order.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Burning_Monk posted:

They mention that it's Cambridge, MA. So this is a different event.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I love this show. :swoon: I don't understand how it keeps being so good, but I am not complaining.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I wish the general public would turn a corner on this show. Seems like everybody still thinks of it as bad. or at best "I heard it got better but meh I aint got time for that poo poo *watchesironfist.*"

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I really can't believe how bad Iron Fist is. Like why didn't they have the guy who does fights for AOS work on Iron Fist?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Burning_Monk posted:

I'm pretty sure it was Greenwich England that Malekith attacked.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 4, Episode 16: What If...

http://i.imgur.com/9Uql45P.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/5OlBttP.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/t22XZ46.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/8KoYtmw.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/2XQvzzJ.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/4p4lAsO.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/aM2mdZc.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/Rj8ksRG.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/FfjsvO5.gifv

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Nice touch that the icers are now probably totally lethal shockers.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Jetfire posted:

Nice touch that the icers are now probably totally lethal shockers.

I'd assume they're still nonlethal, just far less polite about it.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
This has been one amazing season. Anyway, did anyone else notice Ward was pretty eager to set their car on fire? I love little touches like that. I feel bad for the car owner though, he seemed pretty cool.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

notthegoatseguy posted:

I really can't believe how bad Iron Fist is. Like why didn't they have the guy who does fights for AOS work on Iron Fist?

They did. Remember the drunken master fight? That was directed by Kevin Tancharoen, same dude who did the May vs May fight and Skye's gun-fu in season two of AoS.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm wondering what the status of other MCU stuff is in the Framework. May's business in Bahrain happened before Iron Man, right? So something here happened to make Tony never become him, I imagine. HYDRA would likely keep Cap on ice or just never dig him up. A focus on Inhuman prejudice would likely keep them from experimenting on the Maximovs. Bruce would probably still be a fugitive because Incredible Hulk implied he'd been that way for a while.

Have no idea where the Asgardians fit in.

That said this app relies on Aida not just making it so the Avengers don't exist in the Framework.

The Framework isn't an alternate timeline- it is an alternate reality. Whatever happened in the real world doesn't matter other than to serve as a baseline for The Framework to build on. Save for Jemma and Daisy (and now Coulson), all others have let go of what they understood to be their reality and accepted The Framework's reality.

Also Mallory Jansen looks really skinny all the time, even more so in that Madame Hydra outfit.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Red Oktober posted:

HD TV and screen capturing must have put so much additional work on propmakers. Back when everything was broadcast on 480p and VHS, you just didn't need to have that text be anything but 'Lorem Ipsum'.

That's when they actually bothered to make a fake newspaper instead of using the same old fake newspaper that everyone read for 50 years.

Poor old Ed O'Neill has been trying to finish reading that paper for decades

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope they put a copy of that in his coffin.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
That was such a good episode. The suspense was intense the whole way through.

Ian De Caestecker has grown into an incredible actor over his times with the show while Simmons has become a fun character through and through. I would like to see more of her being a badass as I'd expect her to have picked up some decent skills over her years with the A-team.

Clark Gregg delivered a few great lines as well. And I love that Ward is a good guy now. I mean, it makes so much sense.

I'm wondering if terrigen is even in the Framework. Like if Daisy gets her hands on some, would she transform and become the post terrigenisis badass or would the server just throw an uncaught error?

Anyway, this show is still criminally underrated and I hope it's renewed, even if it's just sharing short seasons with the inhumans drama.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They loving better bring good guy Ward out of the Framework because he's so much fun.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Simmons reactions to Ward saying he's working for the resistance were loving amazing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
At this point I'm guessing the framework is irreparably hosed and that's a deliberate choice by Aida and the only way to undo the damage and get everyone out will be to confront her.

As to her motives? She wants to feel emotion. Love, hate, anything.

So she chose the one person most likely to help her achieve that - Fitz.

She killed fake Emma and turned the world to poo poo so he would have nowhere else to go than into her arms.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Simminz was relatively chill with being a corpse.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
I want a comic miniseries detailing the lives the Avengers and Defenders are living in the Framework.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cran posted:

I want a comic miniseries detailing the lives the Avengers and Defenders are living in the Framework.

There's probably a lot more mass graves in the Framework.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
I wonder about that.

Cap's def still on ice, and yeah, Fury, Romanoff, Barton, and Strange are probably all crossed off (for whatever reason they wanted to cross off Strange; does his movie predate Winter Soldier?). I wonder if the condition of the world just made the streets too hot for street heroes like Murdock or Parker to function. Jones and Cage probably don't give a poo poo. I've been actively putting off watching Iron Fist.

Stark and Banner are questionable since Banner's MO is basically becoming an unstoppable monster in the comfort of his own lab and not making a lot of public appearances, and if Stark had any reason not to do a Jericho presentation, he might still be making indecent amounts of money selling weapons to Hydra. Or Stane is after killing him better.

In a Hydra world, is it possible Thor was denied the character development necessary to acquire Mjolnir again? Without Thor, no Loki plot. No Loki, no scepter. No scepter, no Twins, Ultron, or Vision. And Hydra would still have a Winter Soldier.

It's all a moot point for the show's purposes, especially if the Framework is limited to broad strokes based on the Shield agents Radcliff put in it, but thinking about it is almost as much fun as watching Daisy and Jemma react to it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

That episode was intense. I cant wait to see Jeffrey "Captain America" Mace on screen.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's when they actually bothered to make a fake newspaper instead of using the same old fake newspaper that everyone read for 50 years.

Poor old Ed O'Neill has been trying to finish reading that paper for decades

This is brilliant.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Red Oktober posted:

Every single "flash" on Chuck featured tons and tons of prop documents. You could freeze frame and read them if you wanted to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7mbM8yJHlo

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 6, 2017

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

Every single "flash" on Chuck featured tons and tons of prop documents. You could freeze frame and read them if you wanted to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7mbM8yJHlo

God that show was awesome

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Cran posted:

Cap's def still on ice, and yeah, Fury, Romanoff, Barton, and Strange are probably all crossed off (for whatever reason they wanted to cross off Strange; does his movie predate Winter Soldier?). I wonder if the condition of the world just made the streets too hot for street heroes like Murdock or Parker to function. Jones and Cage probably don't give a poo poo. I've been actively putting off watching Iron Fist.

Remember that the Insight Protocol was able to suss out potential problems, not just active threats. That's what I never get about people confused that Stephen Strange would be killed off: He was basically always a Potential Superhero. He just wasn't trained until his movie. Although Insight was more about potential as in 'these are good-hearted people who would likely reject and oppose HYDRA's new world order' than simply powers.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Also, I can't loving wait to see more of this storyline. God drat is AoS on fire (lol) ever since Ghost Rider's arc. I just hope we get a season 5 out of it.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

Remember that the Insight Protocol was able to suss out potential problems, not just active threats. That's what I never get about people confused that Stephen Strange would be killed off: He was basically always a Potential Superhero. He just wasn't trained until his movie. Although Insight was more about potential as in 'these are good-hearted people who would likely reject and oppose HYDRA's new world order' than simply powers.

I looked up an excerpt of that scene, and you're right, Insight was targeting literally anyone with reasonable pull who might go against Hydra's ideology.

So uh. Mass graves, indeed.

On another note, I can't get over how scarily relevant the episode was. The rhetoric Coulson spouted to his students reeked of nazi propaganda until he literally called accusations of that propaganda. His poignant monologue on the importance of the state over the individual as triumphant music swelled, well

reminded me a little too much of some locals I know today.

Knowing they've been filming this as recently as the past few months made it feel like a heavy-handed demonstration of real world dangers.

Cran fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Apr 6, 2017

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Dr. Strange started out as a huge rear end in a top hat so he probably never got enlightened and just went along with the Hydra thing.

nelson posted:

This has been one amazing season. Anyway, did anyone else notice Ward was pretty eager to set their car on fire? I love little touches like that. I feel bad for the car owner though, he seemed pretty cool.

I kinda wish Jemma didn't take the car because I bet that student would've done something badass with that gasoline.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Apr 6, 2017

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
loved the episode and while a long shot, hope this is a way to bring back armin zola (the most successful villain in the mcu).

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Fitz makes such a good evil nazi doctor.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Dr. Strange started out as a huge rear end in a top hat so he probably never got enlightened and just went along with the Hydra thing.

Alternately, Strange went all-in for HYDRA and is now Dr. Thule. Is there a Nazi mystic villain in the Strange comics? Because that sounds loving excellent. (Though, yeah, Project Insight was targeting him. He'd be dead.)

I feel like the Defenders wouldn't really be a thing in this setting. There probably wouldn't be much street crime, given the colossal overreach and martial law tactics of a literally arch-fascist government. Though amoral testing on prisoners to create super soldiers seems in their wheelhouse, so Luke Cage might exist.

These episodes are basically if Man in the High Castle had mutants (ahem, "InHumans") and that is a great premise for a series.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I wonder if Ward will go bad if he finds out that he is just a simulation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

They should include a scene with Ward playing with the dog.

• Locked thread