Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Linnaeus posted:

Like Gabriel/Sun Quan/Kundali/someone? That sounds fun but I'm not sure who would be best in the last slot

Sharon or Idunn & Idunna. Sharon has the better active but I&I have better overall stats (and sometimes that 2x and haste can be pretty useful).

Ever Disappointing fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Is there ever a time when you don't want to reincarnate an awoken monster, besides dealing with the need for more exp? Looking at Susano specifically.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Is there ever a time when you don't want to reincarnate an awoken monster, besides dealing with the need for more exp? Looking at Susano specifically.

If you were relying on them for specific color coverage. Otherwise Revos are a no-brainer.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

MP Cards You Should Purchase, In Order:
At least one, possibly two Yomidra
Both Blue and Green Puppeteers
Nepdra

:lol::lol::lol: You're doing this on purpose, right?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Revos typically have different types and sub-attributes from their base forms so if your team comp depends on those things you might wanna be mindful of that

Other than that naw go nuts

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

trucutru posted:

:lol::lol::lol: You're doing this on purpose, right?

it's honestly reaching parody at this point

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna put it this way: don't ever listen to Lick The Whisk.

If you want to learn how to set up farm teams the resources are out there in the detail you need.

If you want to do anything else he won't know.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Zoness posted:

I'm gonna put it this way: don't ever listen to Lick The Whisk.

If you want to learn how to set up farm teams the resources are out there in the detail you need.

If you want to do anything else he won't know.

This should be in the OP

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I don't even mean it as a personal attack or anything, it's just incredibly bad advice for the target audience.

Nobody needs to be told to set up a farm team, once you're ready to consign yourself to the eternal damnation that is farming, you'll be asking how to set up a farm team.

Or just in the abstract the answer to the question "how do I have more fun in this video game" should never be "WELL FIRST, do X, Y, and Z that are very tedious, then you can have some fun".

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 5, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if the serious JP farmers have already topped their 10 million raison d'être. It has been a couple of weeks since the change, right?

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
His advice there isn't that bad for someone who already has RaDra and whose concern is maxed MP with 3-5 dupes of multiple GFEs.

YomiDra is a really fast and fun/easy lead for everything up through A1. Two of them is helpful for some dungeons. After that, having the puppeteers for cheese teams is moderately worthwhile, while NepDra is an incredibly niche sub for specfic team comps to farm harder dungeons.

We are talking about a guy with a massive, undeveloped box, so "farm some stuff" isn't an unreasonable suggestion.

I agree that LTW's advice is often unnecessarily min-max-y and he occasionally goes out of his depth on teams he doesn't know that much about but I don't see anybody as helpful as him in this entire thread, and you can ask any of the relatively newer people in Discord to verify. Maybe just give advice when it's asked for if you have some radically different gaming philosophy instead of making GBS threads on the person who puts the most effort into helping others around here. Or you could just continue sitting up on a high horse bragging about crowns and JP superiority.

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 5, 2017

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Cards You Can Get Rid of For MP If You Need:

Half of these things have niche uses or future considerations that say you shouldn't sell. Like, dupe Denebolas are going to be good to have when she gets split ults like Algedi. Dupe Meimeis could become as good as dupe Hakus given the right leader. Weapons have niche use as skill inheritance bases in co-op with high ATK and multi boost. Prong Liu Bei could find use, GL Liu Bei has dragon killer IIRC. These are just examples, there's more stuff in the list that I would keep in general.

There is a bunch of farmable stuff that can be tossed out (so many piis, dioses, and beorcs), but the old rule-of-thumb, "never sell REM cards, everything has a niche" still holds true. It's wiser to just not sell REM cards unless you really know what you're doing. (And even then you can get burned. Ask me about regretting selling Kushinadahime a year and a half ago!)

I don't dislike LtW, but the advice given tends to be very dogmatic. You could do with being less cavalier in advice giving. There's more to the game than Myr and farming!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This game is piss easy so the only correct advice is play the game however you want.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

maou shoujo posted:

Half of these things have niche uses or future considerations that say you shouldn't sell. Like, dupe Denebolas are going to be good to have when she gets split ults like Algedi. Dupe Meimeis could become as good as dupe Hakus given the right leader. Weapons have niche use as skill inheritance bases in co-op with high ATK and multi boost. Prong Liu Bei could find use, GL Liu Bei has dragon killer IIRC. These are just examples, there's more stuff in the list that I would keep in general.

There is a bunch of farmable stuff that can be tossed out (so many piis, dioses, and beorcs), but the old rule-of-thumb, "never sell REM cards, everything has a niche" still holds true. It's wiser to just not sell REM cards unless you really know what you're doing. (And even then you can get burned. Ask me about regretting selling Kushinadahime a year and a half ago!)

I mean, sure, as I noted in the first paragraph he shouldn't sell REM cards unless he 1) has an MP card in mind he's gonna buy with the mp and 2) is aware of the risks of selling any REM card, but when we're talking box impact and value he will get way more out of Yomidra than a fourth Grodin. And as I noted he should still definitely keep some dupes around, but imo he can safely sell like, at least one dupe Meimei or dupe Blonia and probably be okay. And, more importantly, he asked to clean up his box, and considering the sheer number of cards he has selling excess REM cards just to clear out his box has inherent value, we're talking about a pretty overstuffed padherder.

Again this is definitely down to his decision and selling REM cards is irreversible, and he deffo shouldn't take just my advice as gospel, but he asked for boxclearing advice and I provided it.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
The real advice is: buy more box space.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sells everything a make a system XM team

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sells everything a make a system XM team

This is terrible advice.

Should be a unique flower and make a Xin Hua system.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

trucutru posted:

I wonder if the serious JP farmers have already topped their 10 million raison d'être. It has been a couple of weeks since the change, right?

Farmers?

There are likely whales who bought their way to 10mil MP just to try and be first.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Wow. Thanks, everybody; I wasn't expecting nearly that much help. I mostly wanted to make the @dril reference, so I really appreciate everything.

maou shoujo posted:

(so many piis, dioses, and beorcs)

The Dioses and Beorcs are for skilling up Zeus-Dios to finally start running ALB.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the reset happens sometime tonight, right?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
"2 player coop for serious tryhard, 3 player coop for fun!"

*releases the rear end kickingest bosses for 3p where you can't charge up long utility cds or plan or anything*

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

A play style that supports not charging skills or planning, the puzzle and dragon equivalent of a magic the gathering aggro deck or a zerg rush would be excellent.

Give me reduced move time with high bonuses for multiple combos and start the move timer immediately after the previous cascade finishes animating.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Vincent Valentine posted:

A play style that supports not charging skills or planning, the puzzle and dragon equivalent of a magic the gathering aggro deck or a zerg rush would be excellent.

Give me reduced move time with high bonuses for multiple combos and start the move timer immediately after the previous cascade finishes animating.

so like the khepri dungeon 4 second limit except as part of a leader skill?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Vincent Valentine posted:

Isn't that basically how the .5 HP lead works? You can't stall on literally anything because in coop you have like 10k hp.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Zo posted:

*releases the rear end kickingest bosses for 3p where you can't charge up long utility cds or plan or anything*

the best

also fully implemented 3p is out on jp now i think there's a lot of real dungeons now

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Zo posted:

Nyarlathotep doesn't seem that hard to me aside from the huge HP. We almost killed it deathless, but I overestimated my damage and left it with a sliver of HP. I dropped out but I'm pretty sure the other two would be able to finish it off.

I haven't fought Cthulhu or Azathoth yet, Nyar spawned 4 times in a row so far.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

maou shoujo posted:

Nyarlathotep doesn't seem that hard to me aside from the huge HP. We almost killed it deathless, but I overestimated my damage and left it with a sliver of HP. I dropped out but I'm pretty sure the other two would be able to finish it off.

I haven't fought Cthulhu or Azathoth yet, Nyar spawned 4 times in a row so far.

I've only gotten cthulu so far and he's a huge bitch, makes a 30 turn row of clouds at the bottom so those orbs can't be matched, then sets up a 6 combo absorb. you have like two turns before he sets all that up so i think the way you do it is to burst him down insanely fast. he doesn't hit too hard (30-45k) but has lots of anti stall fuckery.

anyway with even a tiny bit of cooperation he wouldn't be hard but once he gets set up it's stupidly hard to punch through his like 200m hp it whatever.

glad to hear at least one of them is pretty easy.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If you guys want to check it out, this dude is streaming the dungeon right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfTAAPloTMI

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Where's the best place to get Aurora Dragon and Volcano Dragon?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

reset hit and I got the 2 memorial rolls on my alt but not the bff or present? weird; they're there on my main

got pretty nice rolls tho. meimei and durga on my main and my alt rolled u&y and ilm (!). ilm is amusing to me since it's another in my growing pile of devil light makers that don't qualify for the new lmeta. meimei's interesting since I could go for her devil ult to use with astaroth (or I could just inherit her revo onto something instead), and durga's another nice dathena sub to throw on the pile. don't have much use for u&y atm but w/e; the active could be good to have around later

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Looking for an UEvo RaDra BFF for my alt. Someone who leaves one up/uses it all the time. Who is the US Zo?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Where's the best place to get Aurora Dragon and Volcano Dragon?

Sonia Gran (not Reverse) is the best one for RGB rippers as I recall, 1/3 spawn rate for the one you want but it's guaranteed drop and the highest evo available in drop form.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Got Parvati and Spica(????) on my free rolls. Both are new, but I'm not even going to pretend to want to put the effort in to making a team with Parvati when I'm only just getting to the "must grind skillup bullshit" phase of my Myr team.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Got Karin #6, go to hell.

Also got saria! Guess she'll be an inherit for my Myr or Minerva team. How often does the contract series come around?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Michael and Urd. Eh.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hermes #4 and... Krishna? Huh. That's a new one. Kinda late to be getting it now but that's still cool to not get two poo poo rolls.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Andromeda #1 and Sumire #2. Nothing game changing but I'm happy with it.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Hermes #2 and my first Hathor, heck yeah

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

that academy orochi fuckin rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

cryptoclastic posted:

Looking for an UEvo RaDra BFF for my alt. Someone who leaves one up/uses it all the time. Who is the US Zo?
357,549,260 - UU RaDra is in Slot 1 forever and ever. Right now, ReMinerva is in 2, and I vary for my active slot.