Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Reminder that Horizon Zero Dawn and Battlefield 1 never stutter on a PS4 Pro but that NiOh game slows down to 1 frame per century if there's 2 enemies on screen.

Some game companies are just bad at making games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Also Zelda a framerate seems a ton better after that patch. I was in a bunch of trees and grass in all directions and it stayed smooth today

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

Also Zelda a framerate seems a ton better after that patch. I was in a bunch of trees and grass in all directions and it stayed smooth today

It's much better now. There's still some stutter sometimes but it's handled in a better way. The screen doesn't jerk as much.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

yeah it's much improved. i'm a little bummed that it took so long as i'm already long finished with the game, but it's nice that it'll be a more consistent experience for people playing now.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

eonwe posted:

ya!

give up max health for some really good items that can potentially snowball into an insanely bullshit character

if you've got more than one red heart you're doing devil deals wrong

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

There's still the bug that makes the game freeze for a few frames when you kill a moblin. :(

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I don't have a single amiibo. Am I pariah in the Nintendo community? :kiddo:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

InFlames235 posted:

What do you put in your mouth?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

InFlames235 posted:

It makes you sensible.

Spoof amiibos all day erryday.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Kazy posted:

There's still the bug that makes the game freeze for a few frames when you kill a moblin. :(

Is this a common thing? It's happened exactly once for me in dozens of hours of play.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I barely ever fought moblins because at first I was scared of them because I was so weak, and later I was so strong they weren't worth my effort and I didn't want to kill the dumb anteater heads. There was no middle ground.

Lizalfos I killed all game because I don't like how they jump around and I loving looove their boomerangs.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

The ergonomics of this thing are interesting. My wrists get uncomfortable after an hour or so in handheld mode. Using the joycons separately feels nice, but the Switch screen is too small to play Zelda propped up in front of me.

I could go for an XL revision that's more oriented toward tabletop usage

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

chaleski posted:

Is this a common thing? It's happened exactly once for me in dozens of hours of play.

It's not super common but happens once in awhile for me in the more intensive looking areas.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

I don't know if this even exists, but is there such a thing as a case that is thin/open enough to also fit into the dock? When I'm sharing the TV and using the tablet I am super scared of dropping it because of my lovely greasy goon hands. But I also don't want to be transferring in and out of a case because I'll definitely drop it while I'm doing it. Sorry if this has been asked before.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

JoeGlassJAw posted:

I don't know if this even exists, but is there such a thing as a case that is thin/open enough to also fit into the dock? When I'm sharing the TV and using the tablet I am super scared of dropping it because of my lovely greasy goon hands. But I also don't want to be transferring in and out of a case because I'll definitely drop it while I'm doing it. Sorry if this has been asked before.

There's silicone grip things that slide onto the Joycons but actual skins damage the console itself, something with the adhesive on the skins and the coating of the Switch and the controllers being dissolved. Really weird.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

JoeGlassJAw posted:

The only thing that covers the switch and also lets you use the dock is one of those tablet flap things that attaches to the top of the Switch. That obviously doesn't cover the whole thing. It's a tight fit in the dock so there's no room for a case.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

secret volcano lair posted:

The ergonomics of this thing are interesting. My wrists get uncomfortable after an hour or so in handheld mode. Using the joycons separately feels nice, but the Switch screen is too small to play Zelda propped up in front of me.

i think the deal with your wrists in handheld mode is that they're stuck in place and also supporting the weight of the tablet

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I have played twenty minutes of BotW and I'm having a grand old time. It's the only game I genuinely enjoy using the bow in, so that's nice. I am sufficiently sold on the system that I purchased a 128GB SD card, case, spare charging cable, and binding of Isaac. I am very pleased so far.

Thank you for listening to my story mi amiibos

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

secret volcano lair posted:

You say that, but think about the design of the joycons that would have to attach to such a device.

Imagine how much empty space will be on either side of the stick and buttons, because they still have to be reachable with just a thumb.

They could reduce the bezel thickness, but the battery is pretty small as it is.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

You think the switch is cool now? Just wait until you have to go to the bathroom.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

If 80% of my amiibo are Animal Crossing characters can I still post?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

If 80% of my amiibo are Animal Crossing characters can I still post?
yeah

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I love tablet mode and can play it for hours, but playing with the Joycon controller thing or with them in each hand feels super awkward

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I had a bunch of random things to do today include sit around waiting rooms and man I love having this thing. Zelda makes sitting around sweet.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

chaleski posted:

I love tablet mode and can play it for hours, but playing with the Joycon controller thing or with them in each hand feels super awkward

One in each hand requires some brain rewiring, but I got used to it. I do have some wrist pain sometimes and being able to move my hands freely makes this one of the more comfortable controller setups I've ever used. It seems to confuse the motion controlled stuff in Zelda pretty badly though.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

parallelodad posted:

It's reviewing fine. It has an average score of about 70 right now, which is a perfectly fine game. And that's probably skewed down a little by a certain reviewer giving it a 20.

68 is basically barely above failing since games nowadays are more or less scored like school grades. I'll be hard passing on it since banjo Kazooie isn't something I really want more of. I'd like some Mario already though.

On top of that you get triple a score inflation that anything below high 80s/low 90s is most likely garbage, but niche indies tend to be solid down to 75 or so if you like the genre. The current 68 score more or less seems like "only worth getting if you really like banjo kaxooie"

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 6, 2017

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
Mr. Shifty looks like an interesting take on the Hotline Miami concept.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

C-SPAN Caller posted:

The current 68 score more or less seems like "only worth getting if you really like banjo kaxooie"

This is literally the reason it was Kickstarted.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Takoluka posted:

This is literally the reason it was Kickstarted.

True but I was hoping for more since I would like to play a platformer not named Mario that was really really good. This seems to fall below some indie platformers despite its pedigree.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
April 28

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/pfYYkyi

KingEup fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 6, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Want a 3D printed battery pack? Course ya do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQULgVJocMo
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/switchcharge-a-battery-case-for-nintendo-switch#/

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

A bomb

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

InFlames235 posted:

Mods!!!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I don't care for Amiibos but I bought the Duck Hunt Amiibo because it looked cool :3:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Official trailer for NBA Playgrounds by EA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3a_s0EIYsc

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

E
A
Sports

It's in the game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I did request a new NBA jam game. I wonder how this playground will play out.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Does it come with more fans to cool it? because that just seems like more stuff that will retain heat, melt consoles, and cause more whiny reddit posts.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I own maybe 8 amiibo. Half are Animal Crossing. Two of them are Isabelle. My roommate thinks I want to gently caress her. It's like Isabelle is sweet & kind shih tsu. I do not want to have sex with the cartoon anthropomorphic dog. if we're laying it all out on the table in this here nintendo thread, I'd most def go on friendly platonic dates with her though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

enojy posted:

I own maybe 8 amiibo. Half are Animal Crossing. Two of them are Isabelle. My roommate thinks I want to gently caress her. It's like Isabelle is sweet & kind shih tsu. I do not want to have sex with the cartoon anthropomorphic dog. if we're laying it all out on the table in this here nintendo thread, I'd most def go on friendly platonic dates with her though.

:yikes:

• Locked thread