Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Xaris posted:

I mean it is a pretty weak and boring power with mostly limited to crossing mud at the most. It's also even annoying then because if you swim/jump and miss the climb you end up just barely diving 1mm under it and then it shatters and you have to go walk back to land to cast it again :( It would have been helpful for the Zora Divine Beast map to know Cryonis breaks those ice cubes the beast and waterblight throw at you instead of using arrows :smith:

Would be kind of nice if it also had some combat-upgrade like Stasis+

I used Cryonis on the elephant and Waterblight. :shrug: It seemed obvious to me. I do often forget about it but for things like Eventide it just seems like the correct choice. People forget those balls can float. Though for the spiral in Akkala I admit I went the long way and then I watched someone use Cryonis and I was like, "Duh." I agree it should have an upgrade like the others, though. At least let it make more than three pillars or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

The Lobster posted:

Though for the spiral in Akkala I admit I went the long way and then I watched someone use Cryonis and I was like, "Duh."

Goddammit!!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Bolson is a better character than Sidon.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Speaking of which, try speaking to Kapson in Tarrey Town while standing on the chair behind him.

Nintendo really thought of everything. :allears:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Spacebump posted:

Bolson is a better character than Sidon.

Bolson is a better character than everyone else in the game too so that's not really fair.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was putzing around in an area near the gerudo desert when I suddenly found this gigantic horse amidst a herd of smaller ones, a black one with a bright orange mane twice the size of any other horse. I managed to somewhat tame it and got it back to a stable(after reloading a save because it managed to get itself stuck standing on a spiked barricade until it died and there was nothing I could do to save it) and it seems pretty strong but not altogether great statwise. Is it just a rare type of horse? Doesn't seem too special.

Also I'm at 96 shrines and nearly 300 korok seeds. I have no clue where the other 600 could be because jesus, I am the type to check every crevice for secrets, and have this game fairly down pat when it comes to where it likes to hide Koroks, but even then I'm still only a third of the way to finding all of them(I am not going to find all of them).

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Captain Invictus posted:

I was putzing around in an area near the gerudo desert when I suddenly found this gigantic horse amidst a herd of smaller ones, a black one with a bright orange mane twice the size of any other horse. I managed to somewhat tame it and got it back to a stable(after reloading a save because it managed to get itself stuck standing on a spiked barricade until it died and there was nothing I could do to save it) and it seems pretty strong but not altogether great statwise. Is it just a rare type of horse? Doesn't seem too special.

There's a quest for getting it and showing it off. I want to say north/east on the general path you get it? I think the location is called something like Horse Archery Range. Going by memory here so could be wrong.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i liked the korok trials. the stealth one was cute and i wasnt in a rush so it was easy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The stealth one loving sucks because I got to the part where the wolf attacks him and I'm like "OH poo poo I'LL SAVE YOU LITTLE DUDE" and jumped out to kill the wolf yanno like a hero would and then he's like "OH YOU'RE THERE LOL RESET"

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I sniped that wolf in the head, the little dude had no idea what happened.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Cryonis is amazing and you're a sucker if you swim anywhere in this game. It completely removes the need for stamina when crossing any body of water. Hell, I've even used it in combat twice now, not counting enemies who create ice you can shatter with it; once, when fighting the Guardians at North Akkala Beach, I ran into the shallows and created ice blocks for cover. Then I lured the Guardian over, climbed on the blocks, jumped off and used the mid-air slowmo to Ancient Arrow their eyeballs. I used a similar trick when fighting the Stone Talus in shallow water at Hateno Beach. I didn't have a spear, so I couldn't reach his weak point easily, and basically everything he did one-shot me at that point. So my solution was to blow up his arm, create an ice block under me, then jump off and slow-mo about five or six arrows into his back.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

120 Shrines. :kingsley:

Didn't find all of them legitimately, unfortunately; I couldn't find that stupid purple-eyed statue for that one shrine quest near Hateno, and some of the shrines in Hebra gave me trouble (that Shieka Sensor REALLY needs a height indicator). Otherwise, pretty fun stuff. Those puzzles are some of the very best the series has to offer. I'm a bit bummed out about those silly placeholder shrines that just have treasure and nothing else, and I would've liked more variation for the Test of Strength shrines - there's SO MUCH they could've done with challenge encounters! Like, disable eating entirely once the arena has been entered, impose special conditions or weather on the arena, put common enemies in there... This game really deserves a 100 Pit of Trials style cavern.

At this point, I'm pretty much convinced that Nintendo has stumbled upon a near-perfect template for Zelda. I seriously hope they pull a Super Mario Galaxy, and make the sequel with all-new material but almost identical mechanics (plus some QoL improvements, like better menu navigation and map handling, streamlined cooking + recipe book...). There's still SO MUCH they can do with this style of game! The whole concept of the Divine Beast itself is rad as hell, I'd love more of those configurable puzzle rooms (except, maybe, with more actual enemies + fights). Just gimme more Divine Beasts, pull several puzzle shrines together into actual dungeons with distinct themes, then have the rest with 50 or so shrines. Great stuff. Some more variety for miniboss enemies would be great too; I'm kinda tired of running into nothing but Hinox, Talus and Lynel, as fun as they are...

I really hope they make a sequel like that. Can take 4-5 years again, for all I care. Maybe DLC would even deliver on that, but I'd like more runes as well for additional physics fuckery!

Also, seriously Nintendo, why are the photos in the album only labelled once you highlight them, I can't tell from my poo poo photos what's actually supposed to be on there, this is annoying as hell

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
One plot point that irked me:

Why wasn't the Master Sword rusted/broken when you found it? All the trailers, even the drat boxart has a broken Master Sword and when you find it, its in pristine condition. I'm not saying they had to go to the lengths they did in the LttP/WW/SS to "restore" the Master Sword but it would have been cool have that progression. It also begs the question: who fixed it? Zelda didn't because at the end of her cutscene, it was still broken.

Also, it wasn't glowing in the scene where Link dies (facing possessed Guardians no less) so I wonder if Link was actually using it correctly. Perhaps that's why it was damaged?

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

FooF posted:

Why wasn't the Master Sword rusted/broken when you found it? All the trailers, even the drat boxart has a broken Master Sword and when you find it, its in pristine condition. I'm not saying they had to go to the lengths they did in the LttP/WW/SS to "restore" the Master Sword but it would have been cool have that progression. It also begs the question: who fixed it? Zelda didn't because at the end of her cutscene, it was still broken.

Also, it wasn't glowing in the scene where Link dies (facing possessed Guardians no less) so I wonder if Link was actually using it correctly. Perhaps that's why it was damaged?

I just assumed that it wasn't rusted/broken anymore because it repaired itself over the 100 years

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FooF posted:

I'm pretty sure someone outright says that the Master Sword repaired itself while it was in its pedestal for 100 years. I don't remember who, though.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Harrow posted:

I'm pretty sure someone outright says that the Master Sword repaired itself while it was in its pedestal for 100 years. I don't remember who, though.

I think it was the tree.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Finally found that coliseum. I totally get why I missed it til now.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I just discovered it last night myself. Is there anything special about it besides a few enemies with semi-rare gear, and a Lynel?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Second playthrough is fun. I've got an inventory full of Ancient Soldier gear and I've yet to even set foot in a Divine Beast. :v:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

yamdankee posted:

I just discovered it last night myself. Is there anything special about it besides a few enemies with semi-rare gear, and a Lynel?

It is a location on your map for % and it is a good place to restock your weapon supply if you happen to run low.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Also I'm at 96 shrines and nearly 300 korok seeds. I have no clue where the other 600 could be because jesus, I am the type to check every crevice for secrets, and have this game fairly down pat when it comes to where it likes to hide Koroks, but even then I'm still only a third of the way to finding all of them(I am not going to find all of them).

That's Ganon's Horse. I only have a Japanese WiiU to play on, so I named it Kokuouh-go (http://hokuto.wikia.com/wiki/Kokuo)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mezzanine posted:

That's Ganon's Horse. I only have a Japanese WiiU to play on, so I named it Kokuouh-go (http://hokuto.wikia.com/wiki/Kokuo)

I named mine Tiny, because I am creatively bankrupt.

It's still a neat horse.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Mine was Betsy the first go-round. :3:

This time I think I'll go for THUNDERHOOF. In all caps, because shouting is a necessary part of the pronunciation.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
When I find ganonhorse I will name him Crenando because I'm not above stupid obscure reference "comedy" and Vinny's Breath of the Wild streams have been good.

Fortis fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 6, 2017

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Mine is Stalliondorf, but in katakana because it won't fit in English.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Actually, Groose

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Maple Leaf posted:

I pulled all the sounds from here. e: not to imply that I ripped them from the game myself, I just downloaded them.

And when I say "all the sounds," I mean all of them.

I am totally setting YAHAHA as my text alert

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I called mine Dorfhorse.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mine is named PonyDanza, I know this because:

1) I named him
2) I see his name constantly as the game reminds me he can't hear me while I whistle glitch through all the things a normal person would just use a horse for.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I named mine Mackensie because I let my three year old name it and that is the girl he won't stop talking about and he named the horse after her.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Gorgolflox posted:

I just assumed that it wasn't rusted/broken anymore because it repaired itself over the 100 years

Hell, it only takes 10 minutes to repair itself if you bust it these days.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I am totally setting YAHAHA as my text alert

I'm thinking of setting the wizzrobe or guardian alert noises and see who twitches when it goes off.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Based on the pre release stuff. And a drat statue. I thought the corrosion of the master sword would be a bigger plot point. Or A plot point at all. It was barely some environmental story telling in the game. I wonder if that changed in development.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Section Z posted:

Like my initial trips going out to the middle of nowhere in the frozen mountains with a fire sword on my back and a 1 defense warm doublet. Yeah the champ tunic would have been nice and all, but so was not freezing to death.

hot peppers and sunshrooms are plentiful as hell, abuse them if you want to not have to wear insulated clothing

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fortis posted:

When I find ganonhorse I will name him Crenando because I'm not above stupid obscure reference "comedy" and Vinny's Breath of the Wild streams have been good.

Do you have a link to the reference? Vinny rules.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So if I want to fight the toughest, most gut-droppin'-est Hinox there is, where should I go?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So if I want to fight the toughest, most gut-droppin'-est Hinox there is, where should I go?

There is no tough Hinox. SPIN TO WIN.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Well then a lot of Hinox are about to die.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
As it should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Maybe if there were silver hinoxes they would be hard. Probably not though