Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Prorat posted:

Hmmm who should I believe, the guy whose tweets all eventually become true, or you guys that have been wrong about everything for the last year... hmm this is a tough one

How about the daily caller you probably consider them legitimate

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/15/chinas-alibaba-probably-cant-create-one-million-us-jobs/

Tweets become true loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Hmmm who should I believe, the guy whose tweets all eventually become true, or you guys that have been wrong about everything for the last year... hmm this is a tough one

lol

you're a loving idiot if you think alibaba is going to grow their labor force in the USA by 2800% when in the preceding 4 years they've only gone from 20k to 35k

like that doesn't even make sense what would all those people even be doing even Amazon only employs like 350k

Alibaba is gonna have 3x the employees Amazon does? yea fuckin right lmao

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

lol

you're a loving idiot if you think alibaba is going to grow their labor force in the USA by 2800% when in the preceding 4 years they've only gone from 20k to 35k

like that doesn't even make sense what would all those people even be doing even Amazon only employs like 350k

Alibaba is gonna have 3x the employees Amazon does? yea fuckin right lmao

It’s like saying Amazon.com Inc. AMZN, +0.27%   , Etsy Inc. ETSY, -1.03% and eBay Inc.EBAY, -0.97% have all created millions, if not billions, of jobs through their respective marketplaces that connect third-party sellers to buyers. Sure, they’re all platforms connecting sellers and buyers, which are necessary tools in a modern economy in which even tiny merchants wish to reach potential customers across the globe. But their actual full-time, with-benefits workforces are much tinier. Alibaba has fewer than 36,500 global employees despite notching in as one of the most valuable Chinese companies, with a market capitalization of $230 billion, according to FactSet. Amazon has 230,800 employees, while eBay has 11,600 and Etsy has fewer than 1,000.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
plus those amazon jobs are predominantly warehouse jobs that are about the get automated the gently caress away in the next decade or so anyway so even IF they managed to somehow do that it's not any kind of longterm solution for poo poo all

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Trump is like negotiating face to face with CEOs for 1000 or 2000 jobs here and there and that is supposed to impress me? the dude is the president of a nation of hundreds of millions wtf does he think he is loving doing lmao

i'd say drops in the bucket but it's not even that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
like look at how little they give a gently caress about you dude look at how LITTLE they give a gently caress about you

infrastructure is what will generate the most jobs and economic side benefits and it is a major pillar of Trump's campaign. it has BIPARTISAN support allegedly, at least there are a good number of Dems that would vote for it.

LAST ON THE loving AGENDA after giving insurance companies tax breaks and that wasn't regressive enough so now they are moving on to tax "reform" which is just tax breaks for rich people lol and maybe a VAT because gently caress you. All of the EOs issued so far benefit corporations, and large ones at that. No help for the small business owner.

the thing that benefits you the most is LAST on the agenda if it ever even happens

look at how little they give a gently caress about you why do you love them so much

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Is this the new mentally ill poster chat thread or something?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry I got a week all pent up in here

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
but seriously the GOP controls the white house and the house and the senate and they haven't even proposed 1 bill that would directly benefit anyone that isn't wealthy. not one.

wtf how much more blatant can it be

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

but seriously the GOP controls the white house and the house and the senate and they haven't even proposed 1 bill that would directly benefit anyone that isn't wealthy. not one.

wtf how much more blatant can it be

Uhh they voted on the drug bill which would have lowered costs of prescriptions but your fake liberals like Corey Booker voted no.

I'm pretty sure Bernie and Cruz voted yes.

You guys need to watch more Jimmy Dore

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
more like jimmy bore if you ask me

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Uhh they voted on the drug bill which would have lowered costs of prescriptions but your fake liberals like Corey Booker voted no.

bro they don't need a single dem vote to pass poo poo that's my loving point lol they have a majority in the house the senate and they have the WH

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

bro they don't need a single dem vote to pass poo poo that's my loving point lol they have a majority in the house the senate and they have the WH

They don't all agree on everything... they aren't cattle

Edit; the fact that both D and R joined together on that bill shows they are willing to work together.

gently caress Corey Booker and the corporate dems.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

satanic splash-back posted:

Is this the new mentally ill poster chat thread or something?

Yes, welcome. Feel free to share your delusions about how Trump is either an agent of Putin who will get us all nuked by next weekend or how Trump is the champion of the average Joe/Joan who will save us from the evil globalist billionaires who coincidentally make up a majority of his cabinet.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Prorat posted:

25% of republicans voted for that bill. 25% of democrats voting against it. The dems should have voted for it and they should be thrown the gently caress out for not voting for it, but the republicans can literally pass the bill at any moment they want.

Krustic posted:

Yes, welcome. Feel free to share your delusions about how Trump is either an agent of Putin who will get us all nuked by next weekend or how Trump is the champion of the average Joe/Joan who will save us from the evil globalist billionaires who coincidentally make up a majority of his cabinet.

I'm the 3rd group, the one that's watching the monkeys throwing feces and lol'n

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

COMRADES posted:

$40k isn't enough to live on for a year in many parts of the country, coincidentally the parts where the cost of living is much higher (cities) have some of the shittiest schools. The median household income in the USA is $56k and yet over half of Americans don't even half $400 saved so that should tell you something.

Are we looking at the same numbers? Either way this proves nothing other than the most lucrative fields are still overwhelmingly male dominated.

And it's not sexist to state "smart and talented people are attracted to fields and careers that pay more." That's just how it is in our capitalist society. The fact that those fields are also male dominated is also an issue but let's not pretend like all careers are equally available for all sexes and women just so happen to be going into education more than men do.

You're a clown. The "smart" "talented" people going to make the big bucks in Biotech or whatever wouldn't make better teachers than the people who go into teaching.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

really queer Christmas posted:

25% of republicans voted for that bill. 25% of democrats voting against it. The dems should have voted for it and they should be thrown the gently caress out for not voting for it, but the republicans can literally pass the bill at any moment they want.

If it passed it would also be a huge symbol/message that the Ds and Rs can work together under Trump (assuming he would have signed it)

Everyone lost that day.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Moridin920 posted:

like look at how little they give a gently caress about you dude look at how LITTLE they give a gently caress about you

infrastructure is what will generate the most jobs and economic side benefits and it is a major pillar of Trump's campaign. it has BIPARTISAN support allegedly, at least there are a good number of Dems that would vote for it.

LAST ON THE loving AGENDA after giving insurance companies tax breaks and that wasn't regressive enough so now they are moving on to tax "reform" which is just tax breaks for rich people lol and maybe a VAT because gently caress you. All of the EOs issued so far benefit corporations, and large ones at that. No help for the small business owner.

the thing that benefits you the most is LAST on the agenda if it ever even happens

look at how little they give a gently caress about you why do you love them so much

NOT TRUE DAWG NOT TRUE ITS NOT IN A TWEET

seriously though lmao im having a loving blast at people blaming liberals and dems for them not getting anything accomplished yet because even republicans are smarter than these loving apes.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

canpakes posted:

You're a clown. The "smart" "talented" people going to make the big bucks in Biotech or whatever wouldn't make better teachers than the people who go into teaching.

he is a clown but thinking that making the job itself more economically rewarding won't attract more qualified people is ridiculous

how is that even contentious you idiots

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I'm the Sprint jobs going to call centers in cities and not at all helping Rust Belt factory workers

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Hmmm who should I believe, the guy whose tweets all eventually become true

I could post a zillion batshit crazy tweets from Trump proving how dumb that is, but I prefer to just let that hang there and not distract from just how loving stupid your post is.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Prorat posted:

If it passed it would also be a huge symbol/message that the Ds and Rs can work together under Trump (assuming he would have signed it)

Everyone lost that day.

I know you are either a bad troll acting like a reatrd for "liberal tears" or you're some 12 year old who has no idea what he is talking about, most probably both...

But logic doesn't loving work that way.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

I know you are either a bad troll acting like a reatrd for "liberal tears" or you're some 12 year old who has no idea what he is talking about, most probably both...

But logic doesn't loving work that way.

You are in a constant state of childish meltdown, seek help.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
remember when our president was supposed to be upstanding and respectable

lol

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Piss de Bundy posted:

lol

Yeah, it's never really been the same since Kennedy had affairs with German spies :(

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

lol

Nothing more upstanding and respectable than defending Saudi Arabia to the point where your own party votes against your veto.

gently caress the 9/11 victims family am I right?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Nothing more upstanding and respectable than defending Saudi Arabia to the point where your own party votes against your veto.

gently caress the 9/11 victims family am I right?

i dont..what

what are you talking about

i dont even mean in a political manner, just in a wow that man is presentable and he can act like a big boy grownup

ps saudi arabia is very bad nuke them

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

i dont..what

what are you talking about

i dont even mean in a political manner, just in a wow that man is presentable and he can act like a big boy grownup

ps saudi arabia is very bad nuke them

What do you mean? You didn't hear about this? Maybe because the media did everything they could to protect Obama and still are with the Susan Rice thing.

And you seem like the kinda guy who only gets their info from fake news.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

What do you mean? You didn't hear about this? Maybe because the media did everything they could to protect Obama and still are with the Susan Rice thing.

And you seem like the kinda guy who only gets their info from fake news.

i dont know what the gently caress you are talking about, i get all my news from infowars.com, same as trump

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
i thought saudi arabia is where all the terrorists came from but then i remember we hung saddam hussein for the ratings

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Nvm

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
You stupid idiots you all want the same thing but youre getting torn apart by the media and identity politics so you can never unify and actually get it

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Your notion of 'actually get it' involves subservience to the billionaire donald trump lol.

BTW your main man donald supports the war in Yemen which is being orchestrated by Saudi Arabia.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
War in Yemen sounds bad. Maybe we could just drone strike weddings until they give up?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Harrower posted:

War in Yemen sounds bad. Maybe we could just drone strike weddings until they give up?

i hear gassing some kids is the wedding drone strike

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

SBJ posted:

You stupid idiots you all want the same thing but youre getting torn apart by the media and identity politics so you can never unify and actually get it

Yep, I cannot identify with a 70 year old billionaire manchild who just shits about everything then whines why people are mean to him.
I'm such a racist and this is all the media's fault...

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

i hear gassing some kids is the wedding drone strike

Chemical attacks are so hot right now.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Prorat posted:

they aren't cattle

Let's not get too hasty. I seem to recall 8 years of braying because a black guy was in office and wanted to give people medicine

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Harrower posted:

Chemical attacks are so hot right now.

the lack of international curb stomping on assad is basically going to inspire other assholes to use chemical weapons so lol buckle in and get your gas masks ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

"Nice meltdown" is the new "I am too lazy to respond and I'm going to laugh at you for actually giving a poo poo about this"

Mushika fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Apr 6, 2017

• Locked thread