Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

GreenMarine posted:

You should be able to use the symbols straight up. The EC were the only legion given the right to bear the imperial aquila, which is also a symbol of the custodes.

Yeah, I just wondered if there might have been something inlaid a bit or a LEGIO CUSTODES 4EVA licence plate on the back. I might remove the lightning bolts (that's pretty Custodes) but outside of that it looks like it will be smooth as silk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GreenMarine posted:

You should be able to use the symbols straight up. The EC were the only legion given the right to bear the imperial aquila, which is also a symbol of the custodes.

JBP posted:

Yeah, I just wondered if there might have been something inlaid a bit or a LEGIO CUSTODES 4EVA licence plate on the back. I might remove the lightning bolts (that's pretty Custodes) but outside of that it looks like it will be smooth as silk.

Yeah I was gonna say, looks like its just covered from head to toe in Aquilas, which actually works okay for ECs.

There's some other symbols but they all look like decals so I think you're good.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

panascope posted:

How could you write this after reading Fulgrim's Hole?

Yeah also that's the last time I listen to he badcast in the truck with non 40k players present.

Excellent story though.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

OhDearGodNo posted:

Yeah also that's the last time I listen to he badcast in the truck with non 40k players present.

Excellent story though.

:eyepop:

The bravest ham

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

JBP posted:

I have the sword one disassembled on my desk, I can post some pictures when I get home later today if you want a reference.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Immanentized posted:

I have the sword one disassembled on my desk, I can post some pictures when I get home later today if you want a reference.

That would be awesome, but I'd just take your opinion as far as anything being unworkable. From the FW pics it looks like a straight up purple paint job and shaving off a few lightning bolts which is easy.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Fulgrim is an effete idiot and deserves being possessed by a daemon. He might deserve panascope's remedy for him, but that's a little more unclear.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm a slightly disappointed SW player. The kits we've had released and previewed so far look amazing but I thought given the heavy need for Grey Slayers in our lists it would have been a priority release alongside Inferno.

I've now made a plan and will be making 2 units of Veterans using MkII and MkIII kits and our torsos. I'm also making some MkIII and MKIV Assault Marines and will be making very light use of pelts and upgrade pieces, in my head they're our newer recruits so haven't decorated their armour as much as Veterans or Grey Slayers.
It's not the way I wanted to build my Legion but it'll do until FW release the rest of our kits and I'll pick them up as they drop.

I do want to say that I'm very shocked and concerned at the inflamitory language of some posters and a Mod no less.

I'm tired of seeing posts that say all SW players do this or act like this or are whiney %*#^. It's not true and it's just not acceptable. If individual SW players are causing problems deal with them as individuals, making general statements slamming all SW players is a terrible approach and will cause more issues than it fixes.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm a slightly disappointed SW player. The kits we've had released and previewed so far look amazing but I thought given the heavy need for Grey Slayers in our lists it would have been a priority release alongside Inferno.

I've now made a plan and will be making 2 units of Veterans using MkII and MkIII kits and our torsos. I'm also making some MkIII and MKIV Assault Marines and will be making very light use of pelts and upgrade pieces, in my head they're our newer recruits so haven't decorated their armour as much as Veterans or Grey Slayers.
It's not the way I wanted to build my Legion but it'll do until FW release the rest of our kits and I'll pick them up as they drop.

I do want to say that I'm very shocked and concerned at the inflamitory language of some posters and a Mod no less.

I'm tired of seeing posts that say all SW players do this or act like this or are whiney %*#^. It's not true and it's just not acceptable. If individual SW players are causing problems deal with them as individuals, making general statements slamming all SW players is a terrible approach and will cause more issues than it fixes.

:yikes:

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

JBP posted:

That would be awesome, but I'd just take your opinion as far as anything being unworkable. From the FW pics it looks like a straight up purple paint job and shaving off a few lightning bolts which is easy.

I went through each piece and the only thing that would be weird is the templar crosses, which there are like 2 of. Everything else is a generic eagle, and the shield even has room for a Legion icon

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Oh comeon, like he's the first person to talk that way. Welcome to sports / wargaming :v:

(Although this is pretty funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU )

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

b&c.txt

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

ijyt posted:

b&c.txt

How have you been evading your ban

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Maybe they made his tracer furry avatar permanent?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

Maybe they made his tracer furry avatar permanent?

:shittydog:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Went to WHW yesterday with my gaming group - I'm going to do a full writeup on my blog but for now, some pictures - Salamanders v Emperor's Children, Raven Guard v Death Guard, Ultramarines v Orks, Raven Guard v Orks & Night Lords v Emperor's Children!

I won vs EC and Death Guard, lost to Orks. I have the RG and Salamanders.

:siren: LOTS OF PICS :siren:

#hardforheresy

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
^^ those games all look rad as poo poo ^^

Land-speeder users, what are y'all running on them? I'm looking into sourcing some second-hand to add a bit more firepower to my Legio XX without having to put too much more work into assembly.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Autocannon and Heavy Bolter.

I do not have a good justification for it.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BirdieBedtime posted:

Land-speeder users, what are y'all running on them? I'm looking into sourcing some second-hand to add a bit more firepower to my Legio XX without having to put too much more work into assembly.

For javelins I almost always go with missile launchers, multi melta and 2 HKs, with regular speeders I've gone with volkite culverins and graviton but I haven't really had a chance to see them in action yet, they died fast the only time I've taken them.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BirdieBedtime posted:

I don't have any javelins, but I've got three normal speeders armed with multi meltas and graviton guns. Volkite and graviton are a good all-comers combo, but I decided to make these things dedicated anti-tank.

I have yet to use them in a game so I can't comment on their effectiveness.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lord Twisted posted:

So much of this owns so hard I don't even know where to begin.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Twisted posted:

These pics own own own. I especially love the Night Lords Terminator dude and the Ultras in black, and those ZM boards are so choice.

I finished up a converted Praetor I've had in mind for a while, but reading the Roboute Guilliman novella really got me wanting to make a cool character:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

SRM posted:

These pics own own own. I especially love the Night Lords Terminator dude and the Ultras in black, and those ZM boards are so choice.

I finished up a converted Praetor I've had in mind for a while, but reading the Roboute Guilliman novella really got me wanting to make a cool character:

That is badass.

He reminds me of the one main Captain during the initial Calth strike, V-something.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

SRM posted:

stop biting your nails

your dollie looks nice btw

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
He looks like he's saying "I'm so tired of all these Horus Heresies..."

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

MasterSlowPoke posted:

He looks like he's saying "I'm so tired of all these Horus Heresies..."

Roboute Jr sighed as he drew his power axe

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sex Cannon posted:

stop biting your nails
Only after I stop cracking all my joints

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Thanks for the compliments on the pics! We had a rad day. Gonna work on the relevant blog posts with more pictures this week.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
:siren: Who is running the LOW toxx challenge? :siren:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Panascope, but he's on a 30 day posting vacation. I can pretend to be him though

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

TTerrible posted:

:siren: Who is running the LOW toxx challenge? :siren:

kneel before me, warmaster panascope, you bad posting worm

are you mad yet? because i am. Mad as hell about accepting your LOW toxx

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

kneel before me, warmaster panascope, you bad posting worm

are you mad yet? because i am. Mad as hell about accepting your LOW toxx

Hail and well met, Pup.

I have compiled a list.

code:
tallkidwithglasses
TTerrible
Sulecrist
TKIY
Stanyer89
ijyt
Mango Polo
Lord_Hambrose
Killer_Bees!
OMG sriracha pudding!
Hencoe
Hixson
Safety Factor
Greenmarine
Rulebook Heavily
SRM
Ghazk
PantsOptional
Sivores
Endman
TheNextGreenLantern
DrPop
Hamshot
Felime
The Sisko
OhDearGodNo
Does this look right to you?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
you missed me from the list, shameful

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

I seem to remember toxxing some custodes is that recorded?

E: Also - https://goodbadgreenskin.tumblr.com/ - WHW blog post

Plus albums:

http://imgur.com/a/6ug9n

http://imgur.com/a/QxeH7

http://imgur.com/a/TFG9I

http://imgur.com/a/z5yGk

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 10, 2017

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

Our young men will have to shoot down their young men at the rate of four to one, if we're to keep pace at all.
EDIT: SORRY I meant this to go in the 40K thread.

I've started working on the canoness veridyan model, I've been trying to stay true to the Blanchesque colours and style which is quite new to me.

What do you think?

big_g fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 10, 2017

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

big_g posted:

As punishment you are required to enter the LoW toxx.

Sorry.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

TTerrible posted:

Hail and well met, Pup.

I have compiled a list.

code:
tallkidwithglasses
TTerrible
Sulecrist
TKIY
Stanyer89
ijyt
Mango Polo
Lord_Hambrose
Killer_Bees!
OMG sriracha pudding!
Hencoe
Hixson
Safety Factor
Greenmarine
Rulebook Heavily
SRM
Ghazk
PantsOptional
Sivores
Endman
TheNextGreenLantern
DrPop
Hamshot
Felime
The Sisko
OhDearGodNo
Does this look right to you?

Pretty sure I toxxed too. If not, I am now!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
You idiots i own the list, it's the bottom of page 160. Lemme know if you want to be added.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I toxxed too. For what has become known as "the vagina monster" by my wife.

Take the knot! Take it!

Also Lord T fantastic pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

big_g posted:

I've started working on the canoness veridyan model, I've been trying to stay true to the Blanchesque colours and style which is quite new to me.

What do you think?

I think it looks great, but the bad news is that you're not on the hook for a LoW by the end of the year. Good luck!