Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
peacecraft is mediocre, bring back ms beakman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

bowmore posted:

peacecraft is mediocre, bring back ms beakman

You gotta face facts, man. Nothing can bring back ms. beakman. She's gone. :(

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Ariong posted:

the ending of the series begs to differ

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ariong posted:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Nuzlock thing was just watching someone play pokemon in a very frustrating way, and Peacecraft is boring.

You know what was good? Those Hearthstone videos Griffin would do with that other guy. He should go back to doing those instead of these solo adventures.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

As much as they seem to be avoiding it I really just want a Justin/Griffin/Nick general video games podcast

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

PostNouveau posted:

The Nuzlock thing was just watching someone play pokemon in a very frustrating way, and Peacecraft is boring.

You know what was good? Those Hearthstone videos Griffin would do with that other guy. He should go back to doing those instead of these solo adventures.

i miss those cucky #stonerz

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Fellatio del Toro posted:

As much as they seem to be avoiding it I really just want a Justin/Griffin/Nick general video games podcast

Their old games podcast was kind of a bummer and not just because of Russ

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It's probably pretty exhausting to play games just to talk about them, especially when you have other poo poo going on. Griffin's got, what, 7 regular series now? Maybe more? I can't imagine trying to fit in playing enough games to talk about them weekly, or heck, even monthly, would be a real drain on what little free time he already has.

lets hang out posted:

Their old games podcast was kind of a bummer and not just because of Russ

I don't remember The Besties being that bad, but I feel like I remember its last few episodes being "Here's my pick for game, because it's all I've had time to play."

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Besties is back on a monthly schedule, it's still around.

I'm looking forward to them releasing an episode talking about Breath of the Wild any day now.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

PostNouveau posted:

I miss the sometimes serious / sometimes comedy game reviews and commentary Griffin and Justin used to do. I actually bought a couple of games I would have otherwise never given a second look on the back of those.

Serf
May 5, 2011

TACD posted:

I miss the sometimes serious / sometimes comedy game reviews and commentary Griffin and Justin used to do. I actually bought a couple of games I would have otherwise never given a second look on the back of those.

Their Catlateral Damage video belongs in a museum.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Bring Back Dracoola

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

TACD posted:

I basically never play video games, but I watched Griffin's (not ironic) Best Games of 2016 video and bought Stardew Valley because he recommended it so highly, and it RUINED MY LIFE

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get replaced right away (or at least, gets replaced by something much less time-consuming), because geez his baby sounds exhausting even compared to babies in general.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Honestly I would just watch Griff play games that he likes, for fun, without a gimmick or a plan

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
For the next series, griffin should just play breath of the wild

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Today is Tragic Thursday because no TAZ.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Thanks to the McElroys, whenever I run into the Vanguard's room in Destiny I sing "are you I-kora Rey" to myself. Really confused my fireteam when I did it without thinking last night.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

showbiz_liz posted:

I basically never play video games, but I watched Griffin's (not ironic) Best Games of 2016 video and bought Stardew Valley because he recommended it so highly, and it RUINED MY LIFE

It's coming out for the Switch and will probably murder me.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

showbiz_liz posted:

You should watch the video where he tries to teach Justin how to have fun in the game, if you haven't already. It's pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVClkRanZnI

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Serf posted:

Thanks to the McElroys, whenever I run into the Vanguard's room in Destiny I sing "are you I-kora Rey" to myself. Really confused my fireteam when I did it without thinking last night.

That's the best.

I'm just glad that the McElroys confirmed for me that trying to make Jimmy Ray a "thing" actually happened and it wasn't just a fevered delusion from my teenage years.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

SpacePig posted:

You should watch the video where he tries to teach Justin how to have fun in the game, if you haven't already. It's pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVClkRanZnI

Oh my god it's been like three ingame days and Griffin hasn't told Justin to water his plants, I am so stressed out by this

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Heh. I was literally shouting "No!" at the screen when Griffin got to the store and told Justin not to bother with plants. PLANT BEANS NOW.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Yeah I remember being confused by Griffin's obsession with the mine. Gotta plant first, you can mine at night and when it rains.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

He's never checking the TV set for luck, either.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
It's not "a guide to optimization" it's "how do I get someone interested in playing this game"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Piell posted:

It's not "a guide to optimization" it's "how do I get someone interested in playing this game"

Hence the name "How I Found the Fun", not "How I built a successful farm".

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Well sure, but Justin kept complaining about how little money he had...

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Ran across this cover of Griffin's voidfish duet on Youtube. I really like it, it takes Griffin's themes and the tone he was going for and really runs with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeFGfulFWPY

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

NICK!!!!

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/850122154481823745

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

"CHEETO CHAMP"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I came here to post that!
We learned that
1) Nicolas has always been an enormous dorklinger
2) He's Nick Jr.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Inzombiac posted:

2) He's Nick Jr.

gently caress

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That hair.

Also that reporter sounded exactly like Perd Hapley.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I love that as Nick describes his final cheesy act, the bottom of the screen informs us about a murder-suicide.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

"I saw it on a message board[...]"

... was it HERE?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That news bit made me think a lot of things, but the thought that kept coming to mind was "The guy who co-produced Shelter has a brother who used to collect the most enormous Cheetos he could find." What a small world we live in.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Two videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVhJWqLNUgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INt0PKe3QBE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

gently caress I want a full-blown version of this