Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

Archer's pretty continuity heavy.

It doesn't contradict itself, but Archer has dropped more plot threads then I've had hot dinners, and has retooled itself four times over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It doesn't contradict itself, but Archer has dropped more plot threads then I've had hot dinners, and has retooled itself four times over.

I don't think "continuity" means "everything that gets mentioned is dwelled on for at least a whole episode".

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Holy poo poo who cares

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

underage at the vape shop posted:

Holy poo poo who cares

The goofballs who post in here, I guess? :shrug:

:D

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

prefect posted:

The goofballs who post in here, I guess? :shrug:

:D

Oh boy here I go, shitposting again!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

K-Michael's voice was so open and honest and cheerful. Wish he hadn't gotten killed. :(

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ooh wee!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
On Monday, Spicer promised to hold a press conference every day this week. In the end, he held two press conferences, two off-camera gaggles, and skipped a day.

Edit: Woops

Piell fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 6, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Piell posted:

On Monday, Spicer promised to hold a press conference every day this week. In the end, he held two press conferences, two off-camera gaggles, and skipped a day.

You must be as drunk as Rick to post this here! Oooooh weeee!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Piell posted:

Well there goes the continuity of uspol, way to go Spicer.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Bust Rodd posted:

Bojack Horseman would like a drunken, sarcastic word with you.

Can't believe I forgot this!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

prefect posted:

K-Michael's voice was so open and honest and cheerful. Wish he hadn't gotten killed. :(

There are other K-Michaels in other dimensions who haven't been killed. I can only hope we see one sometime.

Here I go killing again! :)

What a great character. God damnit Morty.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Piell posted:

Edit: Woops

Spoiler tags, please

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

underage at the vape shop posted:

Holy poo poo who cares
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuiX9mlDY9E

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Zaphod42 posted:

There are other K-Michaels in other dimensions who haven't been killed. I can only hope we see one sometime.

Here I go killing again! :)

What a great character. God damnit Morty.

Technically it was a different Morty from the main one who was responible for that whole chain of events? The main Rick & Morty were just hanging out at Blips and Chits. So K-Michael is alive and well!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

Technically it was a different Morty from the main one who was responible for that whole chain of events? The main Rick & Morty were just hanging out at Blips and Chits. So K-Michael is alive and well!

What're you talking about, that was definitely the show's main Morty?

Or is :thejoke:?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so what do you think happened to Jerryboree now that the Rick who created it is probably dead along with most of its clients?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

TFRazorsaw posted:

so what do you think happened to Jerryboree now that the Rick who created it is probably dead along with most of its clients?

well they can leave at any time

so of course they're trying to adjust the TV settings still

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My wife is pretty proud of herself because she's been mixing McDonald's BBQ and sweet-and-sour sauces for years so she's been eating the szechuan sauce long before it was suddenly cool :smug:

Also, I'm hoping the sauce does get revived so Rick can travel to our universe and take some back with him, and it turns out that was his plan all along - become an entertainment phenomenon in at least one universe where millions of people would be nostalgic for the sauce and demand it be recreated.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

TFRazorsaw posted:

Were most Ricks actually on the council, or just the least rebellious ones?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

21 Muns posted:

they weren't just showing council Ricks dying.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

21 Muns posted:

I get the feeling that some like the artist formerly known as Rick are more interested in their own stuff than the council, but I also get the feeling that C-137 is the only Rick openly hostile towards the council.

I mean the dumb rick probably isn't on the council but they know of him and he doesn't fight against them. Does that count?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

The artist formerly known as rick is dead though

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Boiled Water posted:

The artist formerly known as rick is dead though

Yeah no poo poo but I'm using him as an example, before he died :v: It sets a precedent. If he's off doing music there's probably other Ricks who are similarly engaged in other pursuits.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I also doubt all the Ricks were at the citadel at the time, only the ones that run it and the council along with those that might have been passing through at the time.

So, he basically decapitated the council and probably pushed thousands if not millions of Ricks to act independently for the first time in awhile.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cyclops Rick definitely didn't die at least, he was kicking rear end and taking names last time we saw him.

Maybe cylops Rick is the new Rick leader by virtue of being the toughest survivor.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
By virtue of the infinite worlds theory, Rick can never, no matter how much he tries, kill every Rick.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Covok posted:

By virtue of the infinite worlds theory, Rick can never, no matter how much he tries, kill every Rick.

"of all the ricks in the central finite curve"

A plot contrivance that Harmon came up with years ago that solved all this before it began. Sorry bud. There may be infinite worlds, but most of them don't even have a Rick, or he's already dead. Remember Summer trying to view her alternate selves?

E: Taking this further leads to a "cardinality of Ricks" debate, which is kinda cute, but "central finite curve" is pretty definitive.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

"of all the ricks in the central finite curve"

A plot contrivance that Harmon came up with years ago that solved all this before it began. Sorry bud. There may be infinite worlds, but most of them don't even have a Rick, or he's already dead. Remember Summer trying to view her alternate selves?

E: Taking this further leads to a "cardinality of Ricks" debate, which is kinda cute, but "central finite curve" is pretty definitive.

The central finite curve is just the scale Evil Rick/Morty used to grade the majority of Ricks. It doesn't restrict the number of overall Ricks to be less than infinite.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Zinjnok posted:

The central finite curve is just the scale Evil Rick/Morty used to grade the majority of Ricks. It doesn't restrict the number of overall Ricks to be less than infinite.

Without the latter, the former is meaningless. There would be infinite ricks in the scale. Between any given ricks, there would be infinite ricks, unless "central finite curve" means something.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Now let's debate how he eats and breathes, and other science facts.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

I will do this and refuse to relax.

Zinjnok posted:

I thought it did, in that it loosely defined the potential for some variation of the universe to have a Rick in it. As in, if you could numerically describe different realities and plot them, there'd be clear liminal points at the beginning and end of some curve where the likelihood of a Rick approaches 0. And I guess that could either be because of something mundane like Rick's parents never met, or because of massive phenomena like Earth-life evolving radically differently or the planet or solar system not forming the same way.

The esoteric science thing I wonder about is Time. All these Ricks exist more or less contemporary to each other in spacetime, as far as I'm aware. Contextual to each universe, Rick was more or less born at a set point. But what if there is a whole range of universes where, due to random variation, Earth-life evolved humanity millions of years earlier or later? Maybe some ancient version of Rick traveled to C-137 and found the Cretaceous, and a far future one will find Dolphin-world.

I guess "A Rickle in Time" is the only episode that directly addresses time travel.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's not a perfect analog but:

Parallel universes - Uncountable Infinite Set
Ricks - Countable Infinite Set
Finite Central Curve - Ricks the council has made contact with

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I hate you guys

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
"It's not like he's dying; he's getting married."

:smith:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I hope they go just a bit too far with Rick being a psychopath this season, then when it all comes to a head and they teeter on the edge of revealing the truth behind Rick's grimdark past, they kill him and Morty and hop us over to another Rick and Morty, almost the same, but with that entire past surgically removed.

Then Rick gives Morty another garage speech about how they're going to go on a bunch of adventures with no cares in the world or reason to worry about or dwell on the past, and the season is over.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Xealot posted:

I guess "A Rickle in Time" is the only episode that directly addresses time travel.

Yeah, they tend to intentionally avoid it to avoid coming too close to BTTF.

Also infinite universes is already pretty wild, you throw in time travel and the plot is basically meaningless at that point. Like Dr. Who :cheeky:

prefect posted:

"It's not like he's dying; he's getting married."

:smith:

:ohdear:

He didn't die though! They rebuilt him. They have the technology.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Neutrinos are practically nothing; how much damage could a neutrino bomb do, anyway?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, they tend to intentionally avoid it to avoid coming too close to BTTF.

I can see this, but also it'd be hilarious to see Rick not give a gently caress about temporal prime directive bullshit and just gently caress up the past because he doesn't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Are we really not getting another episode until summer? :(