Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Item Getter posted:

Knowing Atlus they're likely to make some other Persona or SMT games on PS4 that make use of the Persona 5 engine and assets..... my money is on PS4 getting at least Persona 6 or the inevitable Persona 5 FES or whatever. so you will be missing out on the possibility of future games like that if you get a PS3 instead of 4

If the engine means they can churn em out faster that's all good to me.

Kinda done with P4 now though. Could probably do one more P3 game as long as the female MC is in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think maxing Ryuji's confidant before the third dungeon is some hilarious sort of nonsense.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I beat the reaper using one weird trick at level 30. safety mode and an hour of my life.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Captain Baal posted:

I think maxing Ryuji's confidant before the third dungeon is some hilarious sort of nonsense.

I had to stop doing his because it was the only one I could do for a while and I got it to Rank 7 already

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

I had to stop doing his because it was the only one I could do for a while and I got it to Rank 7 already

I didn't focus it and used days where I was other group members throwing compliments his way to get his end rank stuff up more and I have a healthy assortment of Confidant ranks right now. Feels good gaming the system even though I still focus certain characters.

cheesetriangles posted:

I beat the reaper using one weird trick at level 30. safety mode and an hour of my life.

You could also just go into Mementos when the Pollen Count is up.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

cheesetriangles posted:

I assume there's a trophy, and if its a Blue Oyster Cult reference I'm snapping my game disc in half the minute I get home.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Vitamin P posted:

Rent that poo poo, watch it ASAP, return. The most stressful thing in this game is those loving DVDs.

Joker could totally kick Narukami's rear end. :colbert:

Also, awww that hot-pot heart to heart. And Ann and Yusuke's scenes with Sojiro :3:

The Phantom Thieves are pretty cool dudes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Captain Baal posted:

he's already rank 5 for me and I haven't even got into the second plot arc so I'm gonna do this

have an awakened persona that early seems buckwild

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Not Operator posted:

I assume there's a trophy, and if its a Blue Oyster Cult reference I'm snapping my game disc in half the minute I get home.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm loving dying at the third target's voice, his voice is so loving stupid that I actually think I have a higher opinion of the character now.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Goddamnit, I'm just on the youtube home page minding my own business when I see a recommended video of "Persona 5 Boss Fight #7" and the thumbnail is a giant goddamn spoiler. :argh:

Thanks Atlus you can't even spoiler police right.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Presumably the phantom network thing in a year or so will basically be a 100% guide right? That's pretty cool if so.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vitamin P posted:

Presumably the phantom network thing in a year or so will basically be a 100% guide right? That's pretty cool if so.

It already is

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Okay as awesome as the fusion accident animation is in this, I'm still mad I forgot about their existence and thus didn't save before a fusion session. I lost so much money to resummon the failures... Thankfully Nekomatas are apparently composed entirely out of yen so it wasn't a huge problem in the end. Just annoying.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

My level 19 protagonist got his poo poo wrecked by two level 13 Ippon-Dataras. :eng99: They were still doing 100+ damage with Sledgehammer despite their level deficit, and since they decided to focus their efforts on murdering the main character (and got a critical in the process because of course they did) I couldn't do much to stop it. Switching to a phys-resistant persona would've helped a bit, but I didn't really get the chance. (edit: remembering they are weak to Bufu would also have been useful, as that was the only element I didn't try in that clusterfuck of a fight)

At least I had just saved, so it wasn't that bad.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Hey, shady but nice doctor started selling SP restore accessories somewhere along the way for the low low price of all yo yens, is target 3 as easy to one round as 2 or should I bite the bullet?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Caidin posted:

Hey, shady but nice doctor started selling SP restore accessories somewhere along the way for the low low price of all yo yens, is target 3 as easy to one round as 2 or should I bite the bullet?

He's super easy, but you should get them regardless to solidify it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Those accessories are hella good and well worth the investment in both saved time and saved SP item costs, so yeah.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm currently in the Mementos tutorial, but does the quality of coffee you make at night improve by practice or Sojiro's s.link?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sojiro's link is gonna make your coffee better, yeah.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Fuckin' Phantom Hipsters with your homemade artisanal espresso lattes. Just buy your coffee from a vending machine like normal people.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I got loving beaned on hard yesterday. I got to the part of the first dungeon where you learn about seeing enemy levels, and then immediately bumped into the enemy that's supposed to be your way of learning "this is what a stronger enemy will look like" and he one shot my entire party with 4 back to back crits

Serves me right for playing on hard

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean that happens if you're playing on normal too

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Dragonatrix posted:

I'm still glad the surviving Sudama from IMAGINE got a promotion for their hard work in the field of aggravating as many people as possible by exploding from off-camera.

s a m e

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

Fuckin' Phantom Hipsters with your homemade artisanal espresso lattes. Just buy your coffee from a vending machine like normal people.

They tried but accidentally bought a can of underpants.

Then they tried again but accidentally bought a can of smooth and refreshing placenta.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

FractalSandwich posted:

please do not throw shade at boss coffee, that shits actually really good for vending machine coffee

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Wondering if I should sell this DLC Soma for 50,000 yen or hoard it until the last boss and then never use it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sell it

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sell it, buy the better weapons and armor for the first dungeon and you still have like 20k to spare.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I want to trash it, it feels like I'm cheating!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Harlock posted:

Sell it, buy the better weapons and armor for the first dungeon and you still have like 20k to spare.
I'm about to start the third dungeon (only now got around to downloading the free DLCs), but yeah, an extra 50,000 to spend on stuff will still help.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CuddlyZombie posted:

I want to trash it, it feels like I'm cheating!

The DLC Izanagi was grossly overpowered for the first dungeon

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
how do I get home runs at the batting cages

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
I was thinking about getting a refurbished PS3 just for this game (and a used copy of Persona Arena Ultimax). I got a Vita just for Persona 4: the Golden after my PS2 crapped out, and I mostly play PC games, now. If I do this, is the 80 gig a dumb move?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

I was thinking about getting a refurbished PS3 just for this game (and a used copy of Persona Arena Ultimax). I got a Vita just for Persona 4: the Golden after my PS2 crapped out, and I mostly play PC games, now. On a scale from one to shithead, how dumb is this?

i dont think its dumb to buy things to play games you want to play so uh

like a 1?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Doc Morbid posted:

Wondering if I should sell this DLC Soma for 50,000 yen or hoard it until the last boss and then never use it

Yeah, i sold it without a care because that's a lot of goddamned money so early in the game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I bought a PS4 just for Bloodborne (at the time)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

I was thinking about getting a refurbished PS3 just for this game (and a used copy of Persona Arena Ultimax). I got a Vita just for Persona 4: the Golden after my PS2 crapped out, and I mostly play PC games, now. If I do this, is the 80 gig a dumb move?

A used/refurb PS3 aint that expensive right now, and even if it's just for those two games that's like 200+ hours of entertainment alone so uh

yeah.

If you can find one of the first-run backwards-compatible PS3s grab those, otherwise whatever has the biggest HDD.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
Controversial opinion but I like mementos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Is Sojiro's S Link just slow as gently caress or did I mess something up bad