Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I think I lurked for a while but I finally joined specifically for the Zidane headbutt thread. Photoshop threads were always awesome of course but to me nothing surpasses the great GIF threads. They even made it into museums!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Harrow posted:

I'm surprised so many people read that character in Zelda as trans and not as a "haha cross dressing to get into Gerudo Town, isn't it funny when men wear women's clothes" joke. Did I miss something there?

It was fan service.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yes, and Japanese/lots of western media still does lazy cross dressing jokes. Hell, that's exactly what Link does. In-context that's how I read the character, especially the "wind blows and reveals a beard" part.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Harrow posted:

Yes, and Japanese/lots of western media still does lazy cross dressing jokes. Hell, that's exactly what Link does. In-context that's how I read the character, especially the "wind blows and reveals a beard" part.

Fair enough!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sorry for bringing it back up, I didn't realize how many pages back it was. I was just wondering if I'd missed something and read the scene totally wrong.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Guys I got all the Shrines in Zelda and now I don't know what to play anymore.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Phantasium posted:

huniepop, easy

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Phantasium posted:

*waves hand in general direction of the past few months*

take your pick, friend

the correct answer is persona 5 tho

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Phantasium posted:

I played doom because it was nice to shoot something after like 80 hours of exploration

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So does the Xbox matter again?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

All boxes matter.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

They've spent a year to announce a new system still with no games, and have even gone to the trouble of cancelling more games so that the new system will have even less to play.

I guess it's great if you have a slot in the entertainment center not being used up but I think a VCR would be more useful.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

it's a pretty ok weapon on disc 1

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lobok posted:

I think I lurked for a while but I finally joined specifically for the Zidane headbutt thread. Photoshop threads were always awesome of course but to me nothing surpasses the great GIF threads. They even made it into museums!

Greg....

Serf
May 5, 2011

I bought an Xbox One when there was a good deal a while back and have regretted it since. I played Titanfall 2, but since then, there's been nothing. It gets even less use than my PS4.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's kind of difficult to overstate just how much Microsoft botched everything surrounding the XBOX One. I own a PS4 but I would have preferred the XB to have been more successful because competition is good for the industry.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRamB30E9mU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Serf posted:

I bought an Xbox One when there was a good deal a while back and have regretted it since. I played Titanfall 2, but since then, there's been nothing. It gets even less use than my PS4.

You could have played Titanfall 2 on your PS4.

I just got a PS4 and I am getting a Switch at the end of the summer and I love and use all of my consoles regularly, including my 360, Ps2, Dreamcast, Genesis and NES. Gaming ... is good.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Awesome.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I bought the original Xbox One and then sold it for the Xbox One S. All I play on it is Killer Instinct and Forza 6. The Forza Motorsport series is the only reason I care about Xbox.

Serf
May 5, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

You could have played Titanfall 2 on your PS4.

True, but all my friends were playing it on Xbox, and I figured if I'm gonna play it, I'll play with friends. I loved the game, but they just didn't stick with it, and random matchmaking just ain't the same. Maybe I'll use it to play Halo 5 or something at some point.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If Tomb Raider remained an XB exclusive I don't know what I would have done. To see Lara Croft's flowing tresses rendered with substandard hardware... unacceptable.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

boy are my arms tired posted:

*waves hand in general direction of the past few months*

take your pick, friend

the correct answer is persona 5 tho

I need something tiny to play, I've already played a bunch of giant games this year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Serf posted:

True, but all my friends were playing it on Xbox, and I figured if I'm gonna play it, I'll play with friends. I loved the game, but they just didn't stick with it, and random matchmaking just ain't the same. Maybe I'll use it to play Halo 5 or something at some point.

I have been thinking about picking Halo 5 back up again. The multiplayer is actually fun because it's not a twitch shooter where one shot is all that is needed to kill someone.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I have been thinking about picking Halo 5 back up again. The multiplayer is actually fun because it's not a twitch shooter where one shot is all that is needed to kill someone.

I'm not much for PvP, but I probably dumped a hundred hours or more into Firefight back in ODST and Reach. My biggest disappointment with 4 was that they axed it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I joined for the BTB and I stayed to effort post in the old school GBS and now I avoid it like the plague.

I got into the Quake Champions beta, but I guess I can't talk about it because it's got one of those "click here to agree" ironclad NDAs, alas!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I joined Something Awful for the Dangan Ronpa LP but thankfully I avoided the trap of being a lovely poster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mutata posted:

I joined for the BTB and I stayed to effort post in the old school GBS and now I avoid it like the plague.

I got into the Quake Champions beta, but I guess I can't talk about it because it's got one of those "click here to agree" ironclad NDAs, alas!

Put your reactions in spoiler tags, the cops can't do poo poo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

is it may already haha

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

is it may already haha

I am sure some people have made it to May in Persona already.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The White Dragon posted:

only people who played 4p four swords adventures and had the one friend who never played link to the past before will get this
Fights were had over Four Swords Adventures. Friendships shattered. Dreams destroyed.

I was with three other friends playing it, and one of them did basically nothing but throw people into pits. Punches were thrown.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The in-game calendar start is real close to the US release

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I never played Four Swords Adventures :smith:

I did, however, manage to get three other people in my college dorm to play through Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles with me, and that was a loving blast. I haven't played any of the other Crystal Chronicles games, but the first one was really fun with four people, especially when people started just accidentally doing spell combos and blowing everything up and not even knowing how.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

mutata posted:

Blink once if it's bad, twice if it's really bad.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stare unblinking into space if it's either good or so bad that it destroyed your central nervous system

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Just start making unrelated posts about what other arena shooters you want to play.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I used to post on the totally-not-a-fyad-knock-off on FacePunch forums. Even there people kept talking about SA with this dread like if you die on the forums you die irl, you know what I'm saying. So I went to check it out and the paywall was up that nobody explained to me so I thought "what the gently caress is this poo poo" and left.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I got into SA from the front page. Like, I had gaming friends in first college who would share front page articles and stuff. After awhile of following that, I mentioned a front page article to one of them, and they were like "oh, I don't even look at the front page anymore, I just hang out on the forums". So of course I looked into that. Now I haven't looked at the front page in years.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think the RE4 LP by the dark id brought me over and I've been making unfunny posts since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

ASK ME ABOUT MY OPINIONS ON CANCEL CULTURE
Hey what's the going price for a regular PS4 these days?

I gave mine to a friend a while back and he is saying at this point he'd just like to buy it from me because he plays it all the time and I forgot I even gave it to him.

It's the original style and has one normal controller.
As far as games it has bloodborne and until dawn and maybe a few smaller titles.

Craigslist and amazon are giving me wildly different numbers so I have no idea what to charge him.

• Locked thread