Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Mushika posted:

"Nice meltdown" is the new "I am too lazy to respond and I'm going to laugh at you for actually giving a poo poo about this"

hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Mushika posted:

"Nice meltdown" is the new "I am too lazy to respond and I'm going to laugh at you for actually giving a poo poo about this"

Nice meltdown.

Robo Reagan posted:

the lack of international curb stomping on assad is basically going to inspire other assholes to use chemical weapons so lol buckle in and get your gas masks ready

Chemical weapons always seemed like garbage weapons for retards that weren't really any more effective than more conventional weapons. With the added benefit of being great at friendly fire any time the wind would shift. As well as having pathetic shelf lives, and just generally being a pain in the rear end to handle. Is there some giant stock pile of chemical weapons that assholes are sitting around on waiting for a green light to use? Seems like a bogey man to get everyone riled up, but what do I know.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol Jimmy Dore. I remember when Todd Glass came out as gay on Marc Maron's podcast and the only thing Jimmy Dore could do was be furious Todd didn't do it on his own podcast so he could get more downloads lmao what a petty motherfucker.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Harrower posted:

Nice meltdown.

Chemical weapons always seemed like garbage weapons for retards that weren't really any more effective than more conventional weapons. With the added benefit of being great at friendly fire any time the wind would shift. As well as having pathetic shelf lives, and just generally being a pain in the rear end to handle. Is there some giant stock pile of chemical weapons that assholes are sitting around on waiting for a green light to use? Seems like a bogey man to get everyone riled up, but what do I know.

assad's got factories where he makes this poo poo and brutal dictators don't really give a gently caress about friendly fire as long as they win

plus i said it's going to open the door for complete assholes not cool and good countries that never commit warcrimes like america or israel

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Robo Reagan posted:

assad's got factories where he makes this poo poo and brutal dictators don't really give a gently caress about friendly fire as long as they win

plus i said it's going to open the door for complete assholes not cool and good countries that never commit warcrimes like america or israel

I'm not really sure if it will give him an advantage in winning. It's my understanding that chemical weapons are just not very good in general. But you're probably right that it will give other countries an excuse to one up them and be total poo poo heads about it.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Harrower posted:

I'm not really sure if it will give him an advantage in winning. It's my understanding that chemical weapons are just not very good in general. But you're probably right that it will give other countries an excuse to one up them and be total poo poo heads about it.

my nigga let me tell u about psychological warfare and what having to take care of a chlorine gas'd kid will do to you

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

my nigga let me tell u about psychological warfare and what having to take care of a chlorine gas'd kid will do to you

it was actually sarin nerve gas that was used in the attack :eng101:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Is Trump just fine yet?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Fog Tripper posted:

Is Trump just fine yet?
He's in the green as far as legal investigations go (appreciate that I skipped the yellow/pee joke), but his first 100 days have been marred by multiple failures, resignations, and historically low approval ratings. If it goes on like this he'll be remembered as the dupe who said ridiculous things but his administration was handicapped by its own infighting and incompetence.

But remember, a fall can be forgiven so long as you stick the landing.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Knight posted:

He's in the green as far as legal investigations go (appreciate that I skipped the yellow/pee joke), but his first 100 days have been marred by multiple failures, resignations, and historically low approval ratings. If it goes on like this he'll be remembered as the dupe who said ridiculous things but his administration was handicapped by its own infighting and incompetence.

But remember, a fall can be forgiven so long as you stick the landing.

also he's going to have to deal with the shitstorm when he gets his tax returns and doesn't release them

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Robo Reagan posted:

also he's going to have to deal with the shitstorm when he gets his tax returns and doesn't release them

lol trump is finally hosed fine!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
like, the excuse has been that he's being audited but when he gets his new tax returns it doesn't get audited until he submits it so my guess is he'll camp out in a tent in front of the IRS hq so he can get rid of it asap

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Knight posted:

historically low approval ratings

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Nice argument

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
That's a prediction from Huffington Post, not a national poll. I know you know the difference because you keep bringing it up hoping that somehow you can cast off reality by believing hard enough, and each time the difference is explained and slides over your smoothbrain so you change the subject (usually something about the EC) and repeat the process.

National polls had Hillary beating Trump by +3. She received 3M more votes than Trump. The polls were accurate. Predictions from Huffingtong Post, NYT, or whoever were hilariously wrong.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
There were fake polls all through the election my friends, do you think they all of a sudden are totally accurate and unbiased? Lmao, it's a non-stop propaganda barrage and has been

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Except she really did get millions more votes than Trump. This isn't up for debate.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

There were fake polls all through the election my friends, do you think they all of a sudden are totally accurate and unbiased? Lmao, it's a non-stop propaganda barrage and has been
I think they're accurate because the national polls accurately predicted the popular vote, in which Hillary Clinton had 3M more votes than Trump.

Every 4 years a bunch of idiots claim polling is fake (UNSKEW) and look like morons as the polling turns out to be accurate and their candidate fails. This year national polling was still accurate but the candidate won because of the election process, and fools are taking the wrong message from that. The message they should be taking is "We can be behind in the polls but still win the election based on state strategy" but they pathologically cannot accept that they are not the silent majority.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
those 3 million illegal votes don't count, holmes!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Leon Einstein posted:

Except she really did get millions more votes than Trump. This isn't up for debate.

Where does that poll say "More votes" they know how the electoral college works. If their sampling was hosed up and biased, that's their own fault.

My prediction for Trump is either 1) the first 1-2 years he's in there trying to play their game. And he's gonna keep getting burned. And finally he says gently caress it and does it his way. or 2) he was all talk and just becomes generic president with same old poo poo anyone would've done

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The only propaganda is you and Trumpo telling everyone how there's a big conspiracy and "they" are behind everything.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

If Trump so popular why so few people at the inaugural speech?

Answer that one spunk man.

Because Obama locked Trumps fan in a basement?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Where does that poll say "More votes" they know how the electoral college works. If their sampling was hosed up and biased, that's their own fault.
Do you really not understand how polling works? A typical polling question looks like this:

quote:

If the general election were held today, and the candidates were [Hillary Clinton for the Democrats] and [Donald Trump for the Republicans], for whom would you vote?
It is not an attempt to predict the electoral college results because that's much more complicated. This is where all those media outlets stuck their dick in a socket with state predictions.

And gently caress off with your "if their sampling was hosed up and biased" because it wasn't, they had Clinton +3 and the result was Clinton ahead by 3M votes.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Probably you don't research anything and are ignorant?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/01/crowd-size-matters-trump-is-right-it-was-huge/

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

My prediction for Trump is either 1) the first 1-2 years he's in there trying to play their game. And he's gonna keep getting burned. And finally he says gently caress it and does it his way. or 2) he was all talk and just becomes generic president with same old poo poo anyone would've done

What's "does it his way"? Cry more how there's a separation of power and realise not everyone is kissing his rear end?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Knight posted:

Do you really not understand how polling works? A typical polling question looks like this:
It is not an attempt to predict the electoral college results because that's much more complicated. This is where all those media outlets stuck their dick in a socket with state predictions.

And gently caress off with your "if their sampling was hosed up and biased" because it wasn't, they had Clinton +3 and the result was Clinton ahead by 3M votes.

Lol, they all tried to predict the electoral college results. You guys are laughable. They were predicting the winner of the presidency, not homecoming queen

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

lieberal camera angles

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
They published some picture of the crowd in the morning before people were even there.

CNN.

"Reading wikileaks is illegal." "Ignore Susan Rice, it's meaningless" "Lets interview our own cameraman and pretend he's a protester"

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

That link is showing pictures with a sparse crowd and a bunch of hollow words to confuse the feeble minds like you.

All the aerial pics are clear. I challenge you to find a single aerial pic of Trump speech with a dense crowd.

You won't find any

Because Trump isn't popular.

People did not vote for Trump, they voted against Hillary.

Sorry you're too dim to realize this harsh truth

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

holy gently caress do you actually believe this

someone dig out the gigapixel vs aerial comparisons to demonstrate how they're pictures of the exact same crowd and the concept of "perspective"

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Even on those "real" photos there's a relatively small crowd. Sure there were more than your average birthday party, but nothing special.
But that's not enough for Trump he has to be the best and biggest, so he had thw biggwst inaugaration crowd, he won by the greatest margin in history and if everyone says otherwise they must be lying.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lol, they all tried to predict the electoral college results. You guys are laughable. They were predicting the winner of the presidency, not homecoming queen
<leans into mic>

Wrong.

They would have screened their results by state and weighted the results accordingly to reflect the electoral college results. Instead they screen by age and race to reflect the general population of likely voters. There's no question what the purpose of public polling is and it's hilarious that you're that ignorant of its purpose.

Fortunately, we don't have to worry about screening results to show that the majority of Americans disapprove of Trump and his administration. His job approval ratings are historically low.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Because Trump isn't popular.

People did not vote for Trump, they voted against Hillary.

Sorry you're too dim to realize this harsh truth

Trump was packing stadiums for rallies with lines of cars for miles every day during the election

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
WOW! still crying about trump, lol, what.... get over it... poo poo.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

They published some picture of the crowd in the morning before people were even there.

CNN.

"Reading wikileaks is illegal." "Ignore Susan Rice, it's meaningless" "Lets interview our own cameraman and pretend he's a protester"

If only that was just CNN.

Trump is the subject of international ridicule. Everybody worldwide is making fun of him and his tweets.

He's only popular as a clown.

His support demographic is internet trolls, religious nuts and hate groups.

Trump is not widely popular. He never was

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Trump is not widely popular. He never was

Lmao, what world do you people live in. You don't live in reality.

Like you literally live on the internet. You don't know whats going on around you.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Trump was packing stadiums for rallies with lines of cars for miles every day during the election

That still doesn't make him widely popular if a bunch of inbreds bought his hats, sorry

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
You're like babies that need someone to shovel pre-digested pap in your mouths to digest reality. You're soft, and misguided.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Like you literally live on the internet. You don't know whats going on around you.

This explains a lot.

Because I'm sure you are the one living on /the_donald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
During the election on the expressway out of the Chicago, there were people that would hang flags and Trump banners over the expressway every weekend and all the truckers going by "HONK HONK"

• Locked thread