Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Barudak posted:

Vegeta the 3rd?

Potato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Wouldn't it stand to reason she'd be Broccolini instead of Broccoli

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Black August posted:

Rapini(or a modification of it) would be a good name

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Black August posted:

Is broccoli too masculine

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Is broccoli too masculine

That's a weird thing to say

But no broccolini is basically broccoli stretched the hell out and fused with asparagus

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
There, that's it. That's what Vegeta wanted to name Bra.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Lupus Rufus posted:

Let's take a moment to really appreciate how adorable this last frame of the new ending is:

Just noticed Roshi pervin' on Bulma in the right image. Nice.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I just realized that girl Broly is definitely going to have the name Vegeta wanted to give Bra.

That would be :perfect:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Vegeta wanted to call her Eschalote, or "Shallot"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I just realized that girl Broly is definitely going to have the name Vegeta wanted to give Bra.

Girl Broly is Bra, Vegita is going to steal Whis staff and take it into the room of spirit and time. This way he can create double time compression and train Bra 20 years in one hour.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rutibex posted:

Girl Broly is Bra, Vegita is going to steal Whis staff and take it into the room of spirit and time. This way he can create double time compression and train Bra 20 years in one hour.

This is my new favorite theory. Do the thing that would piss Bulma off the most, Vegeta :v:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

That's horrific.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Broly is canon now and my girlfriend

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

deadly_pudding posted:

This is my new favorite theory. Do the thing that would piss Bulma off the most, Vegeta :v:
I don't think DBS Vegeta would do this. He'd come up with a half-dozen high sounding reasons ("MY child does not need TIME CHEATS, KAKKAROT") but the real root would be that he wouldn't want to take her through that kind of thing.

I could see a one year stint though :v:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nessus posted:

I don't think DBS Vegeta would do this. He'd come up with a half-dozen high sounding reasons ("MY child does not need TIME CHEATS, KAKKAROT") but the real root would be that he wouldn't want to take her through that kind of thing.

I could see a one year stint though :v:

Dadgeta is going to be having a tea party in a dress with bulla and bulma when future trunks comes by and laughs at him before a smash cut to him now also in a dress at the tea party.

Or DBS is a waste.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Aurora posted:

Vegeta wanted to call her Eschalote, or "Shallot"

Technically, he was just thinking about it. No idea if that's what he would've gone with.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Barudak posted:

Dadgeta is going to be having a tea party in a dress with bulla and bulma when future trunks comes by and laughs at him before a smash cut to him now also in a dress at the tea party.

Or DBS is a waste.

Bulla will be the ultimate spoiled princess.

Bulla in 16 years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA0CuHkRGfw

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Nessus posted:

("MY child does not need TIME CHEATS, KAKKAROT")

How can I so clearly hear that in his goddamn voice

BOTH of them

But no the onion child will hopefully end up in blood fierce competition with the newest Son family daughter since at this point they are the blood of divinity and royalty and got poo poo to live up to with all these other universes ready to send 90,000,000 timelines worth of making GBS threads death on Goku and anything he ever loved, if this whole universe tournament goes badly as a compromise to its face value could go

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Mogomra posted:

There, that's it. That's what Vegeta wanted to name Bra.

And Paragus was Broly's father. It all comes together...

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

is... is this the dragonball ending? Because it has a totally different instrumentation than i'm used to, but the melody and cadence are pretty identical. Is this also like... a more accurate translation of that song or something?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Lupus Rufus posted:

is... is this the dragonball ending? Because it has a totally different instrumentation than i'm used to, but the melody and cadence are pretty identical. Is this also like... a more accurate translation of that song or something?

I'm guessing the Filipino dub just remade the song wholesale. And in any case, the Funimation version is the more accurate translation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkdO0pIHGFM

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'm guessing the Filipino dub just remade the song wholesale. And in any case, the Funimation version is the more accurate translation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkdO0pIHGFM

thanks, this helps. I think i preferred the thing i'm used to anyway. not that the other one was bad.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So, every episode of DBZ Abridged has been taken down from Youtube at Toei's request. Seems like a strange move considering Team Fourstar has collaborated with them before on several projects such as Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

So, every episode of DBZ Abridged has been taken down from Youtube at Toei's request. Seems like a strange move considering Team Fourstar has collaborated with them before on several projects such as Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

I imagine the people that decided to collaborate with team 4Star are not the same people that collect the corporate profits and royalties.

Really dumb move too, as if that will keep it off Youtube. People will just re-uplaod that poo poo forever. They can't even stop straight rips of their DB Super episodes from going up 2 seconds after broadcast, why specifically target a fan project? It accomplishes nothing, and makes Toei look like assholes.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 6, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Larryb posted:

They've only collaborated with the people doing the localisation, in uncredited roles afaik. Nothing with Toei directly.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Momomo posted:

And Paragus was Broly's father. It all comes together...

Oh man, yeah. I totally forgot about that, haha

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

sassassin posted:

They've only collaborated with the people doing the localisation, in uncredited roles afaik. Nothing with Toei directly.

Fair enough I suppose, it's still kind of a stupid move to kill a source of free advertising though (it was that series that actually got me interested enough to finally start checking out the franchise myself after all). Plus, as has been mentioned, this isn't going to stop anything as other people are just going to keep reuploading the episodes anyway.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

I imagine the people that decided to collaborate with team 4Star are not the same people that collect the corporate profits and royalties.

Really dumb move too, as if that will keep it off Youtube. People will just re-uplaod that poo poo forever. They can't even stop straight rips of their DB Super episodes from going up 2 seconds after broadcast, why specifically target a fan project? It accomplishes nothing, and makes Toei look like assholes.

It's a japanese company, they aren't very good at this internet thing

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Larryb posted:

They do this like once every 9 months.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
IP law is a minefield and if you don't aggressively defend your poo poo every now and again it causes even more trouble further down the line.

A little harmless flexing of corporate muscles is perfectly reasonable.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Plus as seen with stuff like Persona 5, where Atlus has the game entirely on the 'blocked scene' feature so you can't stream the game or even take screenshots from it, and also they said the will remove any videos people upload of the game on Youtube...that Japanese companies still just don't quite understand the internet at all.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Well, that is just going to cost them a customer, namely me.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I like the Persona thing because it means I can stay spoiler-free

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aurora posted:

In response to it people have started explicitly going out of their way to spoil the game in unrelated areas in order to spite Atlus so it's actually having the exact opposite effect of that.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

In response to it people have started explicitly going out of their way to spoil the game in unrelated areas in order to spite Atlus so it's actually having the exact opposite effect of that.

The Streisand Effect never fails.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Entitled gamers will be piss babies as usual

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

Well, companies shouldn't be telling people what they can and can't talk about with their entertainment. That's dumb. The word of mouth can't spread that way. I'm not buying Persona 5 because I don't know why I should.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Aurora posted:

I fail to see how people streaming or let's playing P5 would make it harder for you to stay spoiler free. It's not like you are forced to watch them.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Aurora posted:

It's not an entertainment company's job to mandate whether or not people spoil their content. If I wanted to stream a game to show a friend how that game played or whatever and I couldn't because the company had a "no spoilers pls!" policy I would be annoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Andrast posted:

I fail to see how people streaming or let's playing P5 would make it harder for you to stay spoiler free. It's not like you are forced to watch them.

More people talking about something makes it harder to avoid

• Locked thread