Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

wizard on a water slide posted:

Is Sojiro's S Link just slow as gently caress or did I mess something up bad

The former

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

wizard on a water slide posted:

Is Sojiro's S Link just slow as gently caress or did I mess something up bad
Gotta get affection points before doing a S Link. For him, make coffee at night.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Oh my god the music in the 3rd palace is the best thing since the heist theme.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

I've been really enjoying using the network to see what other people are spending their time on everyday. I imagine over time, every day the ~optimal 100% run~ will take over but so far it's clear people are figuring the game out as they go and that's fun.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Eh screw hard difficulty in this game. You do indeed get like maybe 1/3 the exp, combined with doing less damage and taking more, it just feels like too much. I can't even imagine that next higher difficulty being possible without an immense amount of grinding from the very start.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Charlie Bobson posted:

Controversial opinion but I like mementos

Mementos itself is fine and pretty cool.

Now, if you'd said you liked the Mementos THEME, then you'd get lynched.

Anyways even though I'm just playing on Normal now, I'm still kinda proud that I managed to do the third Palace in one go despite a bunch of missteps. Was really close though, I had to avoid a bunch of enemies right near the end when everyone ran out of SP.

It didn't help that I accidentally fused out my only Nuclear skill...

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Partner came in watching me play Persona 5. Ryuji was on screen in his summer uniform.

"Why does his shirt say HoMo Rules?"

Game could use more homo tbh. The gay caricatures/jokes are practically insulting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

who is this VA for Kaneshiro, he's freaking me out

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

He's a newer guy the only thing he's been in of note is SMTIVA and Krishna, he sounds fuckin hilarious.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Arist posted:

No way man he's great.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

enojy posted:

Eh screw hard difficulty in this game. You do indeed get like maybe 1/3 the exp

The only difficulties that affect EXP (and yen) are Safety which gives you a massive boost and Merciless which gives you a little under half of the normal values. Hard gives you the same as Normal gives you the same as Easy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Man this game is so much better than Tokyo mirage sessions it's not even close

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Man this game is so much better than Tokyo mirage sessions it's not even close

TMS was pitched as a budget Persona from the beginning, with extra musical numbers, so that's no surprise.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Anyone know when the soonest you can get an sp regen accessory? Sorry if it's been asked already.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

BrightWing posted:

Anyone know when the soonest you can get an sp regen accessory? Sorry if it's been asked already.

Rank 5 of the death confidant, gonna run you 100k

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Captain Baal posted:

You can technically buy crappier versions for 40k and 70k I believe, but that's probably a huge waste.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Captain Baal posted:

Guess I know which confidant to rush then! Related question, how can I get my guts up? I haven't found a way to do that yet...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

BrightWing posted:

Guess I know which confidant to rush then! Related question, how can I get my guts up? I haven't found a way to do that yet...

There's a DVD you can rent to raise your guts I think

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

trial by burger

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

There's a DVD you can rent to raise your guts I think

Yeah, it's the X-Files one.

What's a good way to raise kindness early on? I wanna get up to rank 2 so I can start hanging out with Ann. I wish it would let me just feed my plant every day.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

BrightWing posted:

Arist posted:

trial by burger

TRIAL BY BURGER

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

TRIAL BY BURGER

???????

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Central street

Big Bang burger

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I did the burger challenge like you guys suggested but it only gave me one note of guts xp :(

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Lakbay posted:

I did the burger challenge like you guys suggested but it only gave me one note of guts xp :(

When you manage to beat the Comet Burger (by have 2 in Knowledge, Proficiency, and Guts) you get a nice chunk of stat ups in everything except Kindness. Then you get a Gravity Burger to fight which requires 3 in said stats. Then you get to the last burger and you gain like 3 Guts points just for failing an attempt.

Other ways to get Guts is to go study at the diner in Central Street while only ordering coffee, study in the Library at school, and minor stuff like books and DVDs. Overall though it's a bit slow since most of 'em similarly only end up giving 1 guts point at a time.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Captain Baal posted:

Central street

Big Bang burger

Is this the new portal to the meat dimension?! I know what in spending my next in game day on.

While I'm asking junk, I've last one, does weather affect dungeons at all?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BrightWing posted:

Is this the new portal to the meat dimension?! I know what in spending my next in game day on.

While I'm asking junk, I've last one, does weather affect dungeons at all?

Trial by burger costs less at night for the record.

Also it affects Mementos, but I don't think it affects the Palaces.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

When you manage to beat the Comet Burger (by have 2 in Knowledge, Proficiency, and Guts) you get a nice chunk of stat ups in everything except Kindness. Then you get a Gravity Burger to fight which requires 3 in said stats. Then you get to the last burger and you gain like 3 Guts points just for failing an attempt.

Other ways to get Guts is to go study at the diner in Central Street while only ordering coffee, study in the Library at school, and minor stuff like books and DVDs. Overall though it's a bit slow since most of 'em similarly only end up giving 1 guts point at a time.

Thanks, that's like this persona 3 comic I read where the protagonist starts by everyone hating him and then after 6 months of doing nothing but eating beef bowls he becomes a god of charm that oozes sex appeal

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Is this like the Big Meat Bowl in P4 where every time you attempt it and fail, you make small gains into each of the traits needed to succeed?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Cactrot posted:

Is this like the Big Meat Bowl in P4 where every time you attempt it and fail, you make small gains into each of the traits needed to succeed?

Sadly no, failure only gets you the Guts gain. But when you do succeed you get like 3 points in Guts/Knowledge/Proficiency/Charm.

There is no kindness in the Trials of the Burgers.

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
I got this in the mail today, I'm in a FOMO lock between going to this or attending a seminar I had planned tonight: Success Morel Mushroom Hunting with Tersher Kepler.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Sadly no, failure only gets you the Guts gain. But when you do succeed you get like 3 points in Guts/Knowledge/Proficiency/Charm.

There is no kindness in the Trials of the Burgers.

The Trial of burgers does not teach you to be kind

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ross Perowned posted:

I got this in the mail today, I'm in a FOMO lock between going to this or attending a seminar I had planned tonight: Success Morel Mushroom Hunting with Tersher Kepler.

What the gently caress is... mushroom... Tersher? Just play this pretty great game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I mean the game will exist for always, but how often do Success Morel Mushroom Hunting Tersher Kepler Seminars come along?

No seriously I'm asking how often do they come along, because I have no idea what the heck that is.

Ineffable
Jul 4, 2012

enojy posted:

How much more is a used PS4? Seems kinda strange to buy a PS3 in 2017, unless you play very few games. On the other hand, I think online was free for PS3 games. P5 has some minor online mechanic that may or may not require PS+ on PS4.

It's an extra £100 or so (for reference, a used PS3 is about £50). Maybe it seems strange, but I do most of my gaming on PC these days and there aren't enough PS4 exclusives I care about to justify the price for me.

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
I need SUCCESSFUL morel hunting tips! It's prime mushroom season here in Nebraska! How will I ever up my morel mushroom hunting S.Link?! I was honestly going to go to this mushroom class thing until I remembered this game came out this week. Nebraska: The Good Life Until Anime

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Instead of going out and socializing stay at home and play this video game about how you should be going out and socializing.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Instead of going out and socializing stay at home and play this video game about how you should be going out and socializing.

What about sitting at work reading a thread about people playing that game

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

slev posted:

What about sitting at work reading a thread about people playing that game

Good, increase your Diligence Proficiency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

For you disappointed streamers out there, apparently it's Sega losing their mind and not Atlas. Because they are effectively banning Puyo Puyo Tetris too.

Tetris.

http://segabits.com/blog/2017/04/06/psa-beware-of-puyo-puyo-tetris-recording-and-streaming/