Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Charles Get-Out posted:

I like to think a lot of Angara believe your name is Pathfinder.

Maybe if I'd told the sages I was the pathfinder? I dunno. Like Elotana says the entirety of Havarl is really lovely writing with loads of stuff that doesn't make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hallowed
May 28, 2007

It's a pipe bomb!
Finished the first main quest on Eos, played a little more and got all six squad mates.

When should I play multiplayer? Does it effect single player like ME3?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Patch is up for PC, ~1.1gb

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Woah it's like reincarnation man!

Nah dude, the glove's obviously remnant tech with an ai that can communicate with sensors all over this ruin and pumps information into you using your inherent bioelectricity, showing a vision of the past. I've done it like 5 times already.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Woah it's like reincarnation man!

Nah dude, the glove's obviously remnant tech with an ai that can communicate with sensors all over this ruin and pumps information into you using your inherent bioelectricity, showing a vision of the past. I've done it like 5 times already.

They were pretty explicit about describing it as an interface device. Dude basically got a brain download from Remnant iTunes and goes from being an enemy expecting death to a friendly ally immediately.

Of course despite this being a significant thing to note it is never mentioned again nor is the fancy device actually modelled in game :v:

*tosses potentially important plot point into the shredder*

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Taear posted:

Maybe if I'd told the sages I was the pathfinder? I dunno. Like Elotana says the entirety of Havarl is really lovely writing with loads of stuff that doesn't make sense.

Oh I'm not trying to refute anything, I thought the Sages were kind of goofy and belonged in a property with more mysticism like Star Wars.

I just mean more generally it's a fun thought that maybe Angarans think your name is "pathfinder"

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Someone got some new eyes, I think

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Hallowed posted:

Finished the first main quest on Eos, played a little more and got all six squad mates.

The APEX missions give you loot crates in singleplayer but 99% of them are utter garbage not worth opening (Thanks for the 300 iron, apex box)

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Daztek posted:

Patch notes said they made human and asari eyes look all good and poo poo.

Probably downloaded a Skyrim mod and used the textures :v:

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I'm looking forward to seeing all the before and afters.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Daztek posted:

that's a small change but it looks a lot better

still not great but better

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

So are there detailed patch notes or do we have to settle for 'We fixed stuff, also things'?

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

She finally got some sleep!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Are there no detailed patch notes anywhere?

I hate vague poo poo like "we fixed some bugs and changed some balance", it's worse than not saying anything at all.

Hallowed posted:

Whenever you feel like it?

If you do APEX missions you get some loot boxes for single player. It's generally worthless stuff though, it doesn't really affect it at all.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Daztek posted:

Noooooo!
Rest in peace you magnificent clown.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Magmarashi posted:

So are there detailed patch notes or do we have to settle for 'We fixed stuff, also things'?

It's electronic arts, not Paradox. Unfortunately.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
Maxed out inventory is 200 units, up from 80. Nice change, if seemingly a bit excessive.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Does my eyes and the tiny phone picture deceive me, or did they tone down her outlandish makeup a bit too?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Galaxy Map travel is partially skippable. You can skip the sequence between planets in a system but not the one between systems

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

DrNutt posted:

Does my eyes and the tiny phone picture deceive me, or did they tone down her outlandish makeup a bit too?

I think they did!

I wonder what went so wrong in development that they decided to go with the original instead of revising her to look more like she does now

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Pattonesque posted:

I think they did!

I wonder what went so wrong in development that they decided to go with the original instead of revising her to look more like she does now

They must have forgotten to have some guys tighten up the graphics on level 3.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Daztek posted:

Patch is up for PC, ~1.1gb

The Xbox patch is 2.26gb :tif:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Just a reminder.

Looks like they changed the lighting on the nexus too from that. Could be wrong though.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Daztek posted:

Galaxy Map travel is partially skippable. You can skip the sequence between planets in a system but not the one between systems

Maybe between systems legitimately is a loading screen?

I'm still going to just alt-tab between them, they never really bothered me.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DrNutt posted:

Someone check Suvi.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Cora looks less crazy eyed too, I think

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Daztek posted:

Cora looks less crazy eyed too, I think

have an original picture for that?

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I'm p excited that this game is getting patches. It won't fix some of the dumb aspects, but it might get the gameplay to "fun and smooth" over "fun and janky"

edit:

Magmarashi posted:

I think this is all we get

quote:

Patch 1.05 Notes

Improved tutorial placement

Increased inventory limits

Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression

Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (see below for detailed notes on balance changes)

Improved matchmaking and latency in multiplayer

Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map

Decreased the cost of remnant decryption keys and made them more accessible at merchants

Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs

Improved lip-sync and facial acting during some conversations, including localized VO

Fixed an issue with Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern

Improved the appearance of eyes for human and asari characters

Fixed various collision issues

Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct

Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs

Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times

Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save

Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose

Fixes issues related to some saves

Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer

Streaming and stability improvements

Nancy fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 6, 2017

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Daztek posted:

She's not the only one

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Ages posted:

Maxed out inventory is 200 units, up from 80. Nice change, if seemingly a bit excessive.

You're the second person to make this comment. How is it excessive?? "We wanted more inventory space, but not OVER TWICE AS MUCH WOW HOLY loving poo poo I NEVER IMAGINED"

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
If you're going to make it 100 and 200 you might as well get rid of it, because inventory space is a useless and bad mechanic and I only even hit 50 twice.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

If you're going to make it 100 and 200 you might as well get rid of it, because inventory space is a useless and bad mechanic and I only even hit 50 twice.

I think that's effectively what they did. It might be an easier fix to bump up the limit than remove the code for it entirely.

edit: I mean inventory limits are kinda dumb in RPGs like this anyways so I'm cool with this.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So how is the game overall? I kept expecting to get this, but just haven't had the time yet. As long as it's fun to play like even 3 was, just without the dumpster fire ending.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So how is the game overall? I kept expecting to get this, but just haven't had the time yet. As long as it's fun to play like even 3 was, just without the dumpster fire ending.

Multi's pretty fun but as limited as ME3 was at launch. Singleplayer's just okay.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Also a bunch more patches coming up in the next 2 months to fix more stuff/give more character customization so its worth it to wait a bit and get even more of a discount when you do buy it.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

MazelTovCocktail posted:

The ME3 ending is a good comparison for the average quality of the writing throughout.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It's good and I'm having a lot of fun.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess it makes sense to give it a wait as I'm only really interested in SP. I only did MP in 3 for the war score. Though I do recall it being kind of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Elotana posted:

The ME3 ending is a good comparison for the average quality of the writing throughout.

:chloe: It's weird that you found the ending of ME3 that strong.