Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Going through Fina' s psyche egg drops seem pretty generous, if a bit random. Between 500-2k seems to be the range.

I exhausted my stamina and got 2 rainbow eggs out of around 75 gacha pulls, but looking at the recipes is giving me flashbacks to shining splendor - the better pieces of equipment require copies of the weaker ones, which all require multiple rainbow eggs. Feels like this is gonna be a slog -_-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Threw 10 tickets down. Got Xon, but no Aiden.

Should have known the half price shadow was a strange omen. As my first ticket was Bedile.
Xon seems pretty good though. 6.5k eggs from the Magic Library exploration. Didn't kill everything but stole in every battle.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Is this banner worth dropping tickets on for the TMs?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So the eggs are Explorations only?

Second unrelated question about emulation and macros: This has to be on a Droid device or is it more of a PC thing?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hagie posted:

So the eggs are Explorations only?

Second unrelated question about emulation and macros: This has to be on a Droid device or is it more of a PC thing?

Eggs can be obtained from any story mission or exploration.

PC thing, I think there is a way to setup a macro on your phone but most of us use a PC to emulate android.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 6, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I'm Apple only except for a Gen1 Amazon Fire.

So far I've done some BS Earth Shrine runs as quasi-TMR runs and have seen 0 in 10 or so runs. Betting the higher tier the exploration the higher drop rate.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Is this dumb egg stuff random? I've run a bunch of earth shrine runs and battles and have seen nothing. I'm locke'd up and everything.

I skipped all the cutscenes in the egg quest retardation, so maybe I missed something?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
The more difficult the exploration, the more eggs you get. Running the Magic Library with Xon will get you 7000-10000 eggs in a single run, assuming you're using Waylay every turn.

By the way, I've set my friend unit to a 6* Xon, for the unlucky/cheap. He's geared toward dual wield and MP and should be able to steal all the things. I'll switch the MP to attack with Osmose Blade later, once it's done cooking.

Varance fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 6, 2017

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
The wiki says higher story dungeons drop more eggs.

Fina's Pysche Frontlines - Power on Power (the last story stage so far) seems to net anywhere from 2.5k to 4k eggs.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

I'm Apple only except for a Gen1 Amazon Fire.

So far I've done some BS Earth Shrine runs as quasi-TMR runs and have seen 0 in 10 or so runs. Betting the higher tier the exploration the higher drop rate.

"Apple only" is only a problem if you let it be one.

You can install Windows through Parallels or VMWare Fusion, if you have those programs, or make a Windows partition in Boot Camp. You can also get an open source program called Wine that emulates Windows and makes Mac wrappers for Windows programs (some tweaking may be required.)

Now, using an emulator to run an emulator might seem kind of silly, but how bad you want them TMs?

Depending on your hardware there may be unacceptable slowdown, more from emulatong the whole Windows platform than from Wine, but I really can't say without knowing more.

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Is this dumb egg stuff random? I've run a bunch of earth shrine runs and battles and have seen nothing. I'm locke'd up and everything.

I skipped all the cutscenes in the egg quest retardation, so maybe I missed something?

If you want more and better eggs, don't do the Earth Shrine, do later story content.

I did a story mission from Mysidia with a Xon buddy, got about 4400 eggs.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 6, 2017

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

I got a King Cactuar from a 1000 egg gatcha pull.

Feels good that this gatcha may give me poo poo to finish leveling TGCid #2 and the Xon I got on my Daily pull

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

How much exp does a King Cactuar give?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

"Apple only" is only a problem if you let it be one.

You can install Windows through Parallels or VMWare Fusion, if you have those programs, or make a Windows partition in Boot Camp. You can also get an open source program called Wine that emulates Windows and makes Mac wrappers for Windows programs (some tweaking may be required.)

Now, using an emulator to run an emulator might seem kind of silly, but how bad you want them TMs?

Depending on your hardware there may be unacceptable slowdown, more from emulatong the whole Windows platform than from Wine, but I really can't say without knowing more.

If you want more and better eggs, don't do the Earth Shrine, do later story content.

I did a story mission from Mysidia with a Xon buddy, got about 4400 eggs.

Emulation inception is literally breaking my mind.

That sounds like way more work that I am interested.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

How much exp does a King Cactuar give?

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Even better

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Looks like I'll be using Xon conpanions since my pulls were crap. At least I finally got another Fran. Sure have been needing more of her. And why do I keep pulling that lovely Soleil. I have so many of her.

Aiden
Soleil
Panelo
Anselm
Aiden
Fran
Garnet
Alma
Jack

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Langolas posted:

Even better

:stare:
Gonna try to get me some of that King Cactuar action then!

too bad most of the units I want to level are gated by sacred crystals :negative:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Scrublord Prime posted:

:stare:
Gonna try to get me some of that King Cactuar action then!

too bad most of the units I want to level are gated by sacred crystals :negative:

Eventually you will break down and use the Awakening Dungeon.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Run the Fire Shrine macro. You get lots of eggs, all types of megacrysts, and you don't have to do poo poo. If you can afford to sacrifice some DPS, put a few Lockes in for bonus LB stealing.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Xon is awesome for this event because of Waylay, mugging from all enemies at once is way better than doing it one at a time with Locke. Hope lots of goon-friends switch over to him as their companion.

And gently caress Gumi for the return of event-character specific moogles.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Is the Xon guy something that should really be pursued or is it fine to pass? I threw eight tickets and got two of the 3* dude and not at all interested in the 5* unit.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Voodoo posted:

Fina's Pysche Frontlines - Power on Power (the last story stage so far) seems to net anywhere from 2.5k to 4k eggs.

I just had a run that netted 4500 eggs, plus another 600~ from stealing.

Explorations do run better but require a ton more effort.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Servaetes posted:

Is the Xon guy something that should really be pursued or is it fine to pass? I threw eight tickets and got two of the 3* dude and not at all interested in the 5* unit.

He's the hotness of the day, but I wonder about how useful he will be outside this event. Fryevia owns...but most of us just whaled for Orlandu so Gumi wins again!

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Running Fire Shrine a bunch of times with my Xon I've been able to get around 8000 eggs for my effort. It's a pain, but at least I'm making some progress.

I also appreciate that the eggs are under the equipment heading so I can hopefully finish up my trophy for that.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Servaetes posted:

Xon has Locke's drop bonus, plus his Waylay is basically Bladeblitz + Mug, on a 6* character. It's really good, but dual wield will not trigger it twice. Niche character for when you want to steal everything.

He has a 100% chance poison and a 100% chance paralyze. Situational, but extremely powerful.

Twist of Fate has the ability to steal positive status effects from a target, give them to the entire party, then dispel them from the target. Again, situational but extremely powerful against anything that has stat buffs.

Varance fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 6, 2017

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
The equipment loop for this event is annoyingly roundabout.

World Map locations for metal eggs. Metals summon red/blue/rainbow eggs. Trade Rainbow eggs for recipes. Red/blue craft Chocolate/Great eggs. Chocolate/Great+Rainbow craft Magical/Radiant eggs. Then recipes are a combination of the crafted items and various eggs.

So the Second Knife ultimately costs something like 60 rainbow eggs and ~600 red/blue eggs.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Voodoo posted:

The equipment loop for this event is annoyingly roundabout.

World Map locations for metal eggs. Metals summon red/blue/rainbow eggs. Trade Rainbow eggs for recipes. Red/blue craft Chocolate/Great eggs. Chocolate/Great+Rainbow craft Magical/Radiant eggs. Then recipes are a combination of the crafted items and various eggs.

So the Second Knife ultimately costs something like 60 rainbow eggs and ~600 red/blue eggs.

Which lets be honest, that isn't really that much. So far this morning alone I've gotten over a dozen rainbow eggs.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

we'd all appreciate it if somebody were to get all the recipes and give us a crafting tree for this poo poo.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

NinjaDebugger posted:

we'd all appreciate it if somebody were to get all the recipes and give us a crafting tree for this poo poo.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Ran through magic library explo with Xon and got almost 15k eggs. I dunno how that breaks down efficiency-wise but that seems pretty good.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Burnt 25 tickets trying to pull a Xon and all I got were this lousy Noctis and Dark Fina :smith:

Is there only one each of the crystal eggs?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hey girl you up posted:

Burnt 25 tickets trying to pull a Xon and all I got were this lousy Noctis and Dark Fina :smith:

Is there only one each of the crystal eggs?

Yep, they gate the two really good items. The rest of the stuff can be multi-crafted, and if you're f2p, they're pretty loving good.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Had no tickets and very little lapis going into this. Did my half price summon and then just ground away at story missions. Up to 2500 lapis, half way to a 11 summon to try and get something useful, whee.

I'm sure I will end with 11 Bediles.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I blew ten tickets trying to get a Xon and I just got a pile of Sheras, Chizurus, that white mage dude, and a Nine. :sigh:

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

I blew ten tickets trying to get a Xon and I just got a pile of Sheras, Chizurus, that white mage dude, and a Nine. :sigh:

Substitue a Hope for those Sheras and I had the same result wasting 10 tickets chasing Xon.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Man I must be lucking out lately, it's been ages since I've blown tickets or pulls without getting what I was after.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Note to self, take the drat charm bangle and Diablos off before starting the exploration.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Holy Christ the gil needed to craft this poo poo

I only have 600k...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

Holy Christ the gil needed to craft this poo poo

I only have 600k...

Yeah, I am honestly not sure what to do about that. I should have continued to run ifrit as much as possible to sell coins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Made a staff, gave it to Aiden in the vortex, got 5000 metal eggs for my trouble -_-. Hopefully there's more to the quest. Anyone know what Xon wants? Second knife?

• Locked thread