Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Apparently according to socal uncensored this is the seating chart to the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Yeah definitely couldn't get any tickets. I let my pals down. If anyone gets some extra let me know and I'll buy you a beer and a soda and give you a high five

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I couldn't find anyone willing to fly to CA with me for a wrestling show despite having a place to stay and a car secured for free. This is the life of a wrestling fan.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Shows sold out. Good on them.

E: Both the app and website. Looks like a little north of two hours to get there.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 1, 2017

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They are setting it up for 3,000 so don't buy secondary market tickets as there are plenty of seats to open.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Cody reveled today that he is in the G1.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

rovert posted:

Cody reveled today that he is in the G1.

Wonder if this was always the plan or if a spot opened up when Honma got hurt. Either way, its a great challenge for him and hope he has a good tourney.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I'd love it if Makabe had another match with Okada at some point, if only because their match from Dominion 2013 is one of my favourite matches of all time. Otherwise, poo poo, idk. I don't think he should have another HC run. Maybe an IC run at some point.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

I want Makabe to team with Davey Boy Smith Jr. Big blond hoss team just tossing fools around.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sigmachiev posted:

Wonder if this was always the plan or if a spot opened up when Honma got hurt. Either way, its a great challenge for him and hope he has a good tourney.

I would guess that was always in the cards and not contingent on Honma breaking.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

row 7 section P day 1, row 13 section Q day 2

What sucks is that I missed out on a meet and greet ticket as I thought that was for those not going to the actual wrestling. Hopefully I can grab one later somehow.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Thauros posted:

row 7 section P day 1, row 13 section Q day 2

What sucks is that I missed out on a meet and greet ticket as I thought that was for those not going to the actual wrestling. Hopefully I can grab one later somehow.

I'm not sure if I'm correct but I think you'll be able to pay the ten bucks day of the show as long as you have a ticket already and you can still do the meet and greet.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Wasn't satisfied with my Saturday tickets so I kept trying and succeeded in getting some better ones during the mad dash. So I have an extra two tickets in Section P Row 15 for Saturday that I am willing to part with at cost. If anyone is interested mail me at sorcerer bell grande on that Google mail site.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

just rust posted:

Wasn't satisfied with my Saturday tickets so I kept trying and succeeded in getting some better ones during the mad dash. So I have an extra two tickets in Section P Row 15 for Saturday that I am willing to part with at cost. If anyone is interested mail me at sorcerer bell grande on that Google mail site.

Sent you an email, hopefully in time.

Edit: just rust is a saint! Thanks again.

ChikoDemono fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 4, 2017

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

If you're somehow not sick of pro wrstling you can watch a Korakuen headlined by a trios match tomorrow morning.

Road to Sakura Genesis
April 4th 2017 at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Liger, and Hirai Kawato vs. Suzuki-gun (Takashi Iizuka, TAKA Michinoku, and El Desperado)
Yuji Nagata and Tomoyuki Oka vs. Bullet Club ( Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens)
Ten-Cozy and Tiger Mask IV vs. War Machine and David Finlay
CHAOS (Goto, YTR, Jado, and Gedo) vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, ZSJ, Taichi, and Kanemaru)
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Beretta) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega and Bad Luck Fale)
Juice Robinson and KUSHIDA vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu Takahashi)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Katsuyori Shibata and Togi Makabe
NEVER Trios Championship:L.I.J(c) [SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI] vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi, and Ricochet

Also:

https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/848894453138042880

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/status/849120694537510916

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Nice if it shakes out that way. 10K+ would be G1 finals level and beat Invasion Attack from last year (Naito vs. Okada).

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Shibata is taking that belt in front of a huge crowd.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Shibata is taking that belt in front of a huge crowd.

I really hope so.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Shibata is a draw, brother

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
ladies love chappin' chappin'

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

ladies love chappin' chappin'

Who doesn't?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
I feel I should know this, but when Kojima does his rush into the corner and follows up with his call-and-response with the crowd, was it is the crowd saying?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Based on this the crowd is yelling "I'M COMING FOR YOU, BASTARD!"

So like most things Satoshi Kojima related, it loving owns.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Jerusalem posted:

Perfect, thanks. Need to know what to scream for the Long Beach shows.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sigmachiev posted:

I feel I should know this, but when Kojima does his rush into the corner and follows up with his call-and-response with the crowd, was it is the crowd saying?

行っちゃうぞ、バカヤロウ!
Icchauzo, bakayarou!

"I'm coming, ya bastard!" is good, another way I'd think of it as is "HERE IT COMES, MOTHERFUCKER!" Generally in that ballpark. Japanese doesn't have too much in the way of direct swearing analogues, but how he says it and the "bakayarou" at the end make it fairly crass. FWIW, the dictionary I have note "bakayarou" as colloquial and derogatory for "idiot."

This talk of tickets and coming G1 season reminds me I owe the thread the Wrestling in Japan guide. I'll finish that this week. Jerusalem, is it cool to link/quote your WK ticketing guide from before?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Absolutely, and looking forward to reading your guide when its done :)

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
Can't wait for the guide, hopefully I'll be able to get a New Years Dash ticket first hand this time. I just booked my flight to Japan recently, staying for a few more days this time, can't wait to be back there!

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

harperdc posted:

行っちゃうぞ、バカヤロウ!
Icchauzo, bakayarou!

"I'm coming, ya bastard!" is good, another way I'd think of it as is "HERE IT COMES, MOTHERFUCKER!" Generally in that ballpark. Japanese doesn't have too much in the way of direct swearing analogues, but how he says it and the "bakayarou" at the end make it fairly crass. FWIW, the dictionary I have note "bakayarou" as colloquial and derogatory for "idiot."

This talk of tickets and coming G1 season reminds me I owe the thread the Wrestling in Japan guide. I'll finish that this week. Jerusalem, is it cool to link/quote your WK ticketing guide from before?

yes please, my dumb hillbilly rear end is trying to plan a vacation entirely around the Dome show and I have no idea what I'm doing

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Also worth noting that Rocky Romero says 'Nakasuzo konoyaro' all the time and that apparently translates to 'gonna make those punks cry'.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

This made me sad because Colt Cabana and the Yakuza killed yottsume.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Goodbye yoshi tatsu

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

harperdc posted:

行っちゃうぞ、バカヤロウ!
Icchauzo, bakayarou!

Very cool. I took six years of it in school and did a proficiency test in college (at my peak I had about 500 kanji under my belt), but I've slipped over the years. NJ has been a great way to keep some basic language skills sharp. And yes please do finish the guide, trying hard to hit WK next year.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I also realized that wrestling fans loving Kojima's twitter feed get the same joy that I got from reading my Japanese junior high school students' writing.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Really loving psyched for Sakura Genesis

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Are any of you guys going to Sakura Genesis in the flesh?

I know the Tokyo Dome and Korakuen Hall let you bring in outside food and drink but BuySumoTickets says that ain't the case for Sumo Hall. Anyone know if that's true? Please tell me it isn't. I wanna chug cheap Strong Zeroes.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SLUM KING posted:

Are any of you guys going to Sakura Genesis in the flesh?

I know the Tokyo Dome and Korakuen Hall let you bring in outside food and drink but BuySumoTickets says that ain't the case for Sumo Hall. Anyone know if that's true? Please tell me it isn't. I wanna chug cheap Strong Zeroes.

Same rule as everything in Japan: don't be a dick about it. Get a big backpack and fill it up, and if you get caught, own up to it.

It might be the case, but going the last couple years to WWE at Sumo Hall I've only been drinking beforehand and not able to bring opened drinks. Haven't tried to bring closed cans in.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Really loving psyched for Sakura Genesis

Eh, I'm waiting for Sakura Dreamcast.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

harperdc posted:

Same rule as everything in Japan: don't be a dick about it. Get a big backpack and fill it up, and if you get caught, own up to it.

It might be the case, but going the last couple years to WWE at Sumo Hall I've only been drinking beforehand and not able to bring opened drinks. Haven't tried to bring closed cans in.

Thanks!

If any of you go and you see a bearded white dude wearing a pink & black muscle man shirt and a lump coat that's filled with smuggled bottles of booze...that's definitely me, please say hello cuz the only person I've spoken to all week was a dude dressed like a Tenga at the Tokyo Joshi show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Glad to see Hiromu has been studying Goldberg matches.

• Locked thread