Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

e.pilot posted:

A good hour and a half round of Frontlines makes 15 in a round fairly easy.

I have only been playing conquest, so I'll give that a try.

Go into a match, instantly its over, get a battlepack from the random drop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

e.pilot posted:

A good hour and a half round of Frontlines makes 15 in a round fairly easy.

some of those frontline matches are so drat long you can do a couple of the "get <x number> of kills with <specific weapon> in a round" assignments before they end

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

winter.mute posted:

some of those frontline matches are so drat long you can do a couple of the "get <x number> of kills with <specific weapon> in a round" assignments before they end

I've yet to have a frontline match that wasn't one extreme or the other, either single digit minutes or pushing nearly two hours. The hour+ back and forth pushes are some of the most enjoyable BF moments I've ever had.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

winter.mute posted:

A couple nights ago I had a Frontlines match that ran something like 80 minutes where I knocked out four different weapon unlock tasks. After about 50 minutes and wanting to go do bed, myself and another goon were actively trying to lose (our team basically never got past the midpoint the whole time) and so I just ran around with a shovel and would run very far away from the telegraphs. And the game still went on another half hour.

Millertime
Jul 5, 2007
Just started a battlegoons group on the PS4 community, looking to have some laughs tonight! Psn MillertimeLTP . Or just join the Goooooons party via the community page.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yup, I was just in a 60 min frontline that finished off what i needed for the scoped Chauchat, and I was even able to knock off 5 headshots in a round with the russian sniper. The periscope spots seems really hard. The last 20 minutes of the battle I just did that that only got 4, even though I marked so many people.

Also had some nazi gently caress running around with an icon that showed a Klan member gunning down black people. I could only report him twice.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Whole lot of swastikas on Xbox too.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Millertime posted:

Just started a battlegoons group on the PS4 community, looking to have some laughs tonight! Psn MillertimeLTP . Or just join the Goooooons party via the community page.

This owns we're gonna get along swimmingly when I actually have a chance to play.

Good poo poo today snacks. Thanks for keeping me company.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Finger Prince posted:

The Frommer Stop is such a good scout pistol there's no reason to use the Experimental imo. I started being a terrible person and using the Russian Sniper (if you can't beat 'em, join 'em) as a secondary gun for counter-sniping, and running around with the Frommer as main. Can't say I've been that successful, but still, that pistol is awesome.

The trench fighter is the best counter sniper weapon. Some turds figured out how to glitch to the top of the anthill at B on Sinai, and then never stopped spawning on each other. 3-4 kills every pass, until they all switched to K-bullets :getin:

Or the mortar. I am starting to think the HE is more effective than the airburst.

E: tankbuster rules but it's impossible with every sperglord 100/50 pilot in the trenchfighter.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 6, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
When I realized that if you aim for the top of the French kelpi you can get a head shot every time I cleared thst challenge pretty quickly.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Should I just buy premium? Is it actually worth it this time? I held off before because I wasn't dumb enough to preorder and spend an extra 60 bucks or w/e on a DICE game, but it seems like everyone really likes the DLC and I should just get it. I miss shooting mans for sure.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Lawnie posted:

Should I just buy premium? Is it actually worth it this time? I held off before because I wasn't dumb enough to preorder and spend an extra 60 bucks or w/e on a DICE game, but it seems like everyone really likes the DLC and I should just get it. I miss shooting mans for sure.

I was on the fence, but they definitely knocked it out of the park, the DLC does kind of own. And we miss your face in the hole. The hole of poop.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
The maps are all decent and the new weapons are something new to unlock and play with, but it's still very much infuriatingly :dice:

Whenever you hit start, the game freezes up for 30 seconds, the round score isn't shown on the scoreboard and every update their sanity is out even further into question.

However, shooting people is still just as fun on the new maps as the base ones.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Lawnie posted:

You should be able to come along for the ride if you're in a party with someone that has premium.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Auxiliary Treats posted:

You should be able to come along for the ride if you're in a party with someone that has premium.

Are there plans to have official integrated server rotations eventually? So like, all the old maps plus all the DLC maps in one place for the ballers who pony up for the content? Because it gets pretty tedious pretty fast playing the four Shall Not Pass maps over and over.

e: not specifically asking you, Snacks, just musing and your post was last so I GUESS YOU GET QUOTED

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
double postin to lol about a well-documented rocket gun obsession

http://bf1stats.com/leaderboards/ps4_weapon_wSPBG?start=200

There's three dudes in the top 250 who have more kills/time played than I do with said gun

rocket4lyfe

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The new guns are good, the new maps are very good, the new tank is amazing

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Are there plans to have official integrated server rotations eventually? So like, all the old maps plus all the DLC maps in one place for the ballers who pony up for the content? Because it gets pretty tedious pretty fast playing the four Shall Not Pass maps over and over.

during the premium two week early access I played on a few official :dice: servers that had all new and old maps in the rotation, they seem to have disappeared since then

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If i had 70bux I'd get premium but for now I'm just going to buy each DLC as they come out. Speaking of DLC, one is going to be Russia and have snow right? Also hoping for Canadians to be released.

"Hey, ammo eh?"

Seriously, Canada was an important part of the war, and many of the great victories by the British forces were actually Canadian. Though I don't think we had too many unique weapons.

Oh and I want to make sure I have periscope spotting correct, you just see and mark them and you get points when the marked target goes down right?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/the-road-ahead-for-battlefield-1-march-2017

They're finally adding platoons in the next big update. Also they want to start releasing game updates on a monthly basis instead of seasonal patches like before.

[BUTT] Clan will return

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Monthly updates? The game will break :dice:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

twistedmentat posted:

Oh and I want to make sure I have periscope spotting correct, you just see and mark them and you get points when the marked target goes down right?
Yep, same as normal spotting but you can be behind cover.

Since they nerfed the incendiary trip mines I've been using the periscope a lot more lately.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
the periscope is incredible, you can use it to line up and hit 300m shots with the 1895 trench if you dont move your aim when you switch to your gun

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Robot Randy posted:

the periscope is incredible, you can use it to line up and hit 300m shots with the 1895 trench if you dont move your aim when you switch to your gun
Does the 1895 trench have really low bullet drop or something?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

If i had 70bux I'd get premium but for now I'm just going to buy each DLC as they come out. Speaking of DLC, one is going to be Russia and have snow right? Also hoping for Canadians to be released.

"Hey, ammo eh?"

Seriously, Canada was an important part of the war, and many of the great victories by the British forces were actually Canadian. Though I don't think we had too many unique weapons.

A Ross rifle and a pole with a spike through the end for melee.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Does the 1895 trench have really low bullet drop or something?

you line up the shot and adjust for distance with the periscope and then all you do is hit y/triangle, ads and fire. you can do it with any sniper rifle, you just own wooks extra hard if you dome them with iron sights from downtown

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Periscope doesn't glint either.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Finger Prince posted:

A Ross rifle and a pole with a spike through the end for melee.

Yea the ross is the only thing I could think of, and wasn't it terrible? Maybe some British weapons that aren't in the game yet.

The SMLE is just an enfield isn't it?

Anyways, I could have sworn I got the 5 headshot with the russian sniper in one match lat night, but apparently not. I did manage to get after an hour the challenges to get the new optical autorifle, but that was painful. The gun you have to use it such crap.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The Hout LMG is Canadian. The Short Magazine Lee Enfield is indeed an Enfield.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Yea the ross is the only thing I could think of, and wasn't it terrible? Maybe some British weapons that aren't in the game yet.

The SMLE is just an enfield isn't it?

Anyways, I could have sworn I got the 5 headshot with the russian sniper in one match lat night, but apparently not. I did manage to get after an hour the challenges to get the new optical autorifle, but that was painful. The gun you have to use it such crap.

Now that it happened to me, I think I remember someone posting earlier in the thread that for 'get X kills in a round' requirements, you need to have the other one finished for it to count. I got 15 kills with the telescopic Benet-Mercie but since my mortar kills weren't done it reset for the next round.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Now that it happened to me, I think I remember someone posting earlier in the thread that for 'get X kills in a round' requirements, you need to have the other one finished for it to count. I got 15 kills with the telescopic Benet-Mercie but since my mortar kills weren't done it reset for the next round.

What a bunch of rear end. At least the Headshots with Russian Sniper isn't that bad. Just have to wait to nail other snipers or support trying to be sneaky once i get my periscope spots.

sunday at work posted:

The Hout LMG is Canadian. The Short Magazine Lee Enfield is indeed an Enfield.

Well, that should have been obvious.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Auxiliary Treats posted:

That happened to me with the shotgun, was v upset

Was thinking hey let's get the shittiest one out of the way before grinding my way through 50 kills.

Nah. - :dice:

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
I got drunk and bought premium so I'll be back to shoot guys soon I guess. This better be worth it, the last time snacks recommended me something, it was battleborn.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
anyone else playing on a ps4pro with an LG OLED tv?

go to the LG website and download the newest firmware update, it just came out on the 31st and for some reason doesn't auto update.
it fixes the HDCP 2.2 issue between the pro and LG

now if :dice: would patch in that HDR support they wouldn't shut up about before release

winter.mute fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 7, 2017

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone have any problems with the new DLC weapon unlock assignments? I had to do the one for kills in a round with the M1909 Benét-Mercié Telescopic twice for it to count, and now I've done the one for five headshots with the Russian 1895 Sniper three times. I get the notification icon that tracks the assignment and I get the necessary kills, but then the assignment is incomplete in the next match.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

venutolo posted:

Anyone have any problems with the new DLC weapon unlock assignments? I had to do the one for kills in a round with the M1909 Benét-Mercié Telescopic twice for it to count, and now I've done the one for five headshots with the Russian 1895 Sniper three times. I get the notification icon that tracks the assignment and I get the necessary kills, but then the assignment is incomplete in the next match.

Are you doing it before the preceding requirement? It will reset if you don't have he first req done because :dice:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i freaking LOVE THIS GAME

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/850194890252181504

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

sniping is fun :synpa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AreJf3C2l0

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I would love a game mode that lasts even longer than frontline where you hide in dugouts in trenches while you're just loving bombarded by hundreds of artillery shells and then you die of a random piece of shrapnel that hits you in the head. You never see the other team and if you make a break for no man's land you get stuck in barbed wire and get shot. I've just finished reading a memoir from a French soldier and one from a German officer and it seems about accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Loving the concept art for the Russian DLC. A snowy coastline, a train with a snowplough, lancers and a new armoured car/van. Gimme that cold weather combat.

https://twitter.com/battlefield/status/850015265077288960