Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
welp

quote:

In the Long Roads ahead; with Winding with the Steel of our Fortitude we are one. With each other and held steadfast; against the forces that seek to Oppress and Disunite us. The Fight was not started by us; without us there would be no War for the Reality is the War; our side is Destined to choose correctly. Talk is cheap; lay down your lies and come with us; into the Light the Right the Fight. You will into being this project is a Farce but the Farce is your Dishonesty with Reality; how long can you stand under the Pressure Of Your Own Guilt as the Light is on you? Justify yourself and your Actions to Noone is Not Wisdom but Folly the Folly that comes with Pride; Hubris will bring you down to Ground. Chris Roberts Liar shrieked to the Skies still does Not Make It So. The Game is a Scam shrieked does Not Make It So. Derek Smart is Right shrieked does Not Make It So. The Developers Making the Game Make It So.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TheAgent posted:

ummmmmmmmmmmmm hello I guess

Star Citizen has lots of betas. Too bad none of them are software.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Nice try goon. Your IP is 127.0.0.1

Mods?!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I thought Francis E. Dec was dead and all.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

are you guys writing to me now

" You keep your agenda and we will keep speaking the TRUTH, ie.. the TRUTH about YOU the TRUTH about YOUR SCAM the TRUTH about YOUR WIFE the TRUTH about YOUR FAILED LIFE the TRUTH about YOU DEREK SMART FAILURE!"

This in no way comes from CIG or anyone working there. This is the very same writing style as the shitgarglers over on R/DS. I call severe bullshit on thier ability to trace the IP because with just a mild guess, Derek uses a VPN as he was just posting about using one a few days ago when Trump signed off on NN.

"THATS what we do. Every live from you we back up with the TRUTH. REMEMBER THIS"

If this WERE CIG then what are the real chances they would have to be all shouty-like with the allcaps? The "WE" here is r/DS as they are still under the belief that The Agent is a group account from the stunt we pulled on Discord and Hater trolled them with. They still haven't gotten it for the most part. The whole "we back up with the TRUTH" is their "archive".

I am just sitting here counting the days until their dream is taken from them. Like waiting for the warm days of summer to arrive to bring that slight smile to my face as Derek wipes his rear end with each and every one of them. You have to admit though, Derek has worked hard for a very, very long time and suffered much ridicule for him not to have his day in the sun.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Okay, now they are just trying to outdo the last person who you posted here.

First the "ahead of schedule" email, then the "don't you see the truth" email, then the "crazy rant" email. Next someone will e-mail you and say the game is coming out.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bullshit. Picard pointing his finger makes it so.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
127.0.0.1 is actually my IP in case anyone needed to know

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I actually no poo poo live in the same part of florida too lol

Me too.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

These are like art. Terrible, childish art. First an acrostic, now a weirdly poetic mis-capitalized rant. Check your mailbox, maybe they sent you a macaroni picture of derek smart.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

DapperDon posted:

" You keep your agenda and we will keep speaking the TRUTH, ie.. the TRUTH about YOU the TRUTH about YOUR SCAM the TRUTH about YOUR WIFE the TRUTH about YOUR FAILED LIFE the TRUTH about YOU DEREK SMART FAILURE!"

This in no way comes from CIG or anyone working there. This is the very same writing style as the shitgarglers over on R/DS. I call severe bullshit on thier ability to trace the IP because with just a mild guess, Derek uses a VPN as he was just posting about using one a few days ago when Trump signed off on NN.

"THATS what we do. Every live from you we back up with the TRUTH. REMEMBER THIS"

If this WERE CIG then what are the real chances they would have to be all shouty-like with the allcaps? The "WE" here is r/DS as they are still under the belief that The Agent is a group account from the stunt we pulled on Discord and Hater trolled them with. They still haven't gotten it for the most part. The whole "we back up with the TRUTH" is their "archive".

I am just sitting here counting the days until their dream is taken from them. Like waiting for the warm days of summer to arrive to bring that slight smile to my face as Derek wipes his rear end with each and every one of them. You have to admit though, Derek has worked hard for a very, very long time and suffered much ridicule for him not to have his day in the sun.
awhile back the leak email got leaked to the world wholesale, so anything I get can basically be from the internet at large

anyone I knew working there is long gone, I don't even have friends of friends of friends of friends there anymore

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Natron posted:

Check your mailbox, maybe they sent you a macaroni picture of derek smart.

:vince:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i wonder if it is very comfortable to be a dev at CIG. i mean you can just sit there all day and mash together some code and submit it and even if its garbage and full of bugs it really doesn't matter because that's par for the course. get a paycheck go to bed and do the exact same poo poo the next day in your lush, well equipped office building

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

awhile back the leak email got leaked to the world wholesale, so anything I get can basically be from the internet at large

anyone I knew working there is long gone, I don't even have friends of friends of friends of friends there anymore

I remember you saying your contacts and sources have moved on. It pays to lurk.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Natron posted:

These are like art. Terrible, childish art. First an acrostic, now a weirdly poetic mis-capitalized rant. Check your mailbox, maybe they sent you a macaroni picture of derek smart.
if anyone wants to make that I'll paypal you $50

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i wonder if it is very comfortable to be a dev at CIG. i mean you can just sit there all day and mash together some code and submit it and even if its garbage and full of bugs it really doesn't matter because that's par for the course. get a paycheck go to bed and do the exact same poo poo the next day in your lush, well equipped office building

I have a theory that when the devs get ready to leave the office they have to check video surveillance in the parking lot to make sure none of the faithful are out there ready to ambush them.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

DONE!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I require only the highest level of fidelity from the macaroni

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Maybe its because im not scum but id be majorly stressed out and depressed working there. I would not want to know or hire anyone whose actually comfortable over there.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Get out of my house!!!

Bad Peter!!! :argh:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
yeah they've been in crunch hell for over a year at this point, no loving way I'd want to be a part of that project

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheAgent posted:

Best I could do at short notice

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

quote:

What we are rolling out now is a complete rewrite of core and branched systems. It has nothing to do with Lumberyard integration. Early 2016 the decision was made to scrap almost our entire codebase and start anew. Whilst this means years of potential new coding, our animation and art teams have continued to refine and refactor. What they produce now is purely and simply momentous. No other studio has the capacity for such amazing work. There has been thousands of custom animations and facial expressions that rival the top Hollywood computer graphics companies.

Then what is heading back to redesign? I used refactor the correct way, before I get poo poo for that. Everything you see currently is gone. 2.6 no longer exists. The beta we are getting out this year, and I mean this year, is a total rebuild -- not refactor, har -- of code. Flight models, first person feel, networking, persistence, items; all of what's in 2.6 is completely gone.

The foundations and creative tools for new content are in place are nearly complete. They are decades ahead of what other companies have, even AAA studios. Chris bet big on big ideas and now our entire team is starting to see that investment pay off.

I'm not afraid to say 2020 or later is release. I'm unafraid because our backers are unafraid; every single one of them continue to walk-the-walk and not just talk-the-talk. Chris made the right call to wipe out what was previously in place. Things were too fractured; now everything is under one house, one rule, one idea. No more outsourcing. No more wondering what company added or subtracted.

Beta is a turning point for the entire project. I won't comment on Amazon. The air here is different. The feel of the company is different. Progress, rapid progress, is being made now, more than ever before. Designers are putting in systems and testing them within the same week. If I can sum up in one word what we all feel: joy. To not only be a part of this project but to truly go where no one has gone before.

You don't post positives, not from what I've seen. Maybe this will be different.

TheAgent posted:

quote:

Nothing Derek is saying is true. I know this account is made up of multiple people trolling Derek and Reddit at the same time but come on guys. Really. You spooned him too much crack this time.

There's no investigation. Tony Z and all the executives you continue to claim are gone are still here. I talk to them daily. I get there's some laughs to be had but this account used to be at least somewhat accurate. Did all the crying little boys stop writing in because they couldn't handle the stress of real development? Look how wrong you idiots have been lately. How anyone buys your garbage at this point I don't know.

Beta is where a lot of the systems we have will start coming online - albeit in their first, smaller iterations. It's this year 100%. Cargo, mining, bounty hunting is in right now. Playable and testable with our internal QA. Not only that but we have several ships done and ready for release far ahead of schedule. Some of the systems - like CIC - are still in their infancy but are being worked on. Every piece of gameplay has to fit into a near infinite puzzle.

Next month Chris will be a lot more open with the schedule. The realistic schedule. It's still a long road ahead - no doubt about it. The backers will see important progress this year, with both Squadron 42 and the Star Citizen Beta. They know that even if it takes years we will do it right.

TheAgent posted:

Yeah this confirms what I thought, which is pretty funny. Some backers found your anonymous submission email for leaks.

People are writing you pretending to be developers but are obviously backers.

That first one has lines like
"What they produce now is purely and simply momentous. No other studio has the capacity for such amazing work. There has been thousands of custom animations and facial expressions that rival the top Hollywood computer graphics companies."
" I'm not afraid to say 2020 or later is release. I'm unafraid because our backers are unafraid; every single one of them continue to walk-the-walk and not just talk-the-talk."
" They are decades ahead of what other companies have, even AAA studios. "
"If I can sum up in one word what we all feel: joy. To not only be a part of this project but to truly go where no one has gone before."
"You don't post positives, not from what I've seen. Maybe this will be different."

The second one has lines like
"The backers will see important progress this year, with both Squadron 42 and the Star Citizen Beta. They know that even if it takes years we will do it right."
"Nothing Derek is saying is true. I know this account is made up of multiple people trolling Derek and Reddit at the same time but come on guys. Really. You spooned him too much crack this time."
"Look how wrong you idiots have been lately. How anyone buys your garbage at this point I don't know."
"Did all the crying little boys stop writing in because they couldn't handle the stress of real development?"

This is just buttsalt bitter people like Cymelion and Lethality. The third guy is some r/dereksmart poster probably.

Whoever is writing these you are probably lurking the thread to see if your messages are getting posted. You need to get better at composition, your writing is serving your opinion and putting a huge flashing neon sign on your motives and projections, instead of telling it's own narrative. If you guys really want I can come up with a plausible sounding set of "leaks" that paint a rosy picture of the biggest scam in gaming history to give you an idea of what you should be doing if you really want to try and make up some bullshit positive leaks to get them exposure.

Some helpful tips at least for faking this poo poo better
1- Throw in some more technical vocabulary. Not too much, but enough that a layman would be impressed. I'm sure you can find the relevant technical vocabulary and nomenclature to use to add a little credibility

2- Stop giving the backers sloppy blowjobs, most developers at CIG giving an honest appraisal of the development situation are not going to do that if they are honestly informing people of behind the scenes. It's obvious you can't even get through a fake paragraph without congratulating yourselves.

3- Remove the passive aggressive references to reading this thread or TheAgent's other leaks. Nobody knows how many actual devs even read the thread. Adding to that a mixture of salt toward Derek is baffling if you are trying to pretend to be some CIG dev giving the "real and positive truth" you are projecting hard on this one.

4- Stick to more concrete and grounded claims. Being in the realm of pure imagination like "Decades ahead of other AAA studios" seems like something no actual person involved in game development would say, and instead comes from someone who is dreaming the dream.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 6, 2017

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sabreseven posted:

Get out of my house!!!

Bad Peter!!!

Hello? Are you my printer?

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

TheAgent posted:

I require only the highest level of fidelity from the macaroni

This should be the next mod challenge. Create a highly fidelitous macaroni portrait of our Warlord and Saviour. Sparkles are allowed.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Best I could do at short notice

:lol::lol::lol:

add to OP please

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Hello? Are you my printer?

Yes?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

Hahaha. I've now unleashed a DDoS attack against you and will be victo

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Could you please be a bit more reliable in future thank you

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Did u use the same? NOT ARCHERED I SWEAR

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Space Crabs posted:

People are writing you pretending to be developers but are obviously backers.
well if the leak about them hiring backers to the dev team is true, then they can be both a backer and a developer

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Space Crabs posted:

This is just buttsalt bitter people like Cymelion and Lethality. The third guy is some r/dereksmart poster probably.

I guess my favorite line is the "there are 300-400 people working. How can this be a scam?"

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Could you please be a bit more reliable in future thank you

I will try :argh:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Space Crabs posted:

You spooned him too much crack this time."

The funny thing about language that you can tell from people that are not very bright is that they borrow words and phrases from those that they spend a lot of time with and integrate it into their own dialect. Sometimes they even expand on it to make it more of a homogenized nomenclature. Recently over on r/DS the "crack" term has been sprouting up in the past day or so and was a dead giveaway in the letter to The Agent.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hahaha. I've now unleashed a DDoS attack against you and will be victo

lol

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

biglads posted:

But PC gaming is under threat and needs to be saved

Wait... I am confused.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

Don't look out the window, and don't look at the white van.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

yeah they've been in crunch hell for over a year at this point, no loving way I'd want to be a part of that project

Four more years! Four more years!

More fun, apparently this is the first time the schedule has been planned and is going to be revealed. This was the schedule that they decided to come up with after the lackluster sales.

Most transparent development ever.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Bofast posted:

Did you put in the die-rear line just to see if people were actually reading your posts?

Nope, all real bug reports exactly as written, I just leave out some of the really boring ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
This thread is like some putrescent green time capsule, months and years whisk by but nothing truly changes.