Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Somehow this is just the least surprising thing in the world

Like, of course this would happen. The fact that Dems didn't do this in the YEAR Obama's nominee was stymied is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Clearly the key to victory is to write off MORE regions as a total loss and withdraw everything from them. That will show people Dems honestly care about them no matter where they are, and more money will be available for key battlegrounds like LA.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Grondoth posted:

Like, of course this would happen. The fact that Dems didn't do this in the YEAR Obama's nominee was stymied is insane.

can you imagine how bad it would have looked though????

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
final atomic filibuster

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

can you imagine how bad it would have looked though????

Yeah and it would've been insane to think the GOP would ever get rid of the filibuster. That's nuts.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

We need that $300 to pay for a single hour of consultant time

These lanyards dont pay for themselves!!!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Grondoth posted:

when they go low, we go high *court reinstates lochner*

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Grondoth posted:

Yeah and it would've been insane to think the GOP would ever get rid of the filibuster. That's nuts.

but think of all the political capital they've lost with their hard line constituents that will always vote for them no matter what

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

anime was right posted:

but think of all the political capital they've lost with their hard line constituents that will always vote for them no matter what

Also, have you guys considered that the republicans have no mandate?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

steinrokkan posted:

Clearly the key to victory is to write off MORE regions as a total loss and withdraw everything from them.

:agreed:

especially food and clean water

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
also, all regions

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

steinrokkan posted:

Clearly the key to victory is to write off MORE regions as a total loss and withdraw everything from them. That will show people Dems honestly care about them no matter where they are, and more money will be available for key battlegrounds like LA.

mt isn't a total loss. quist is a total loss. mt is a winnable state, but not with this candidate. and if quist wants a little bit of money for his campaign, maybe the first step would be to stop paying himself a salary out of his own campaign treasury?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

at least we have the moral high ground!!!

*moral high ground current getting stripped mines so a coal exec can give himself a 7 fig bonus before the company goes out of business*

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
He's right

https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/850031121924472834

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Grondoth posted:

the gop controlled the senate while obama's nominee was stymied, they could not deploy the nuclear option even if they wanted to

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

We need that $300 to pay for a single hour of consultant time

The consultant is Chelsea Clinton

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

the gop controlled the senate while obama's nominee was stymied, they could not deploy the nuclear option even if they wanted to

hey you're right for once

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm the republican controlled 114th senate

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

logikv9 posted:

i'm the republican controlled 114th senate

what about the 113th

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what about the 113th

i don't remember the 113th senate blocking any scotus nominees

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i don't remember the 113th senate blocking any scotus nominees

i'm sure there was some other stuff they could have passed that would have also been able to score a few GOP defections in the house

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm sure there was some other stuff they could have passed that would have also been able to score a few GOP defections in the house

what are you talking about

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i think those goblin chemtrails have gotten into your brain

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i mean it wouldn't have been anything huge but maybe congress could have passed more than the two dozen or so bills it did

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

agreed. however, the Dems didn't exactly make a campaign issue out of the Court either. Hillary barely mentioned it, and as late as October she was still pushing elderly centrist compromise candidate Garland at the same time that the Trump campaign was releasing lists of young reliable conservative judges he might pick

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Shoulda nuked the legislative filibuster in 2010 instead of letting Lieberman kill the public option (j/k if that was put on the table, I'm pretty sure at least ten other ThirdWay/Clintonite/DLC turds in the Senate would've voted no).

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i mean it wouldn't have been anything huge but maybe congress could have passed more than the two dozen or so bills it did

That's a different filibuster, the one that is actually staying and will probably stay forever because legislators love an automatic "look at me!!" attention button

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The democrats are bad at governing and bad at running campaigns

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

logikv9 posted:

That's a different filibuster, the one that is actually staying and will probably stay forever because legislators love an automatic "look at me!!" attention button

lol i thought it was all just under the same rule of course the senate has half a dozen different kinds of filibusters

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

The consultant is Chelsea Clinton

Then you're missing a couple of zeros.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tiler Kiwi posted:

lmao i'm listening to right wing radio and the dude is defending the Pepsi ad

the left is just so utterly humorless! so joyless. they get mad at such a trivial thing. they don't wanna bring people together of a nice and happy Pepsi commercial. virtue signaling!!

wut

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
was anyone actually mad at pepsi over that ad

seems like it was all people laughing at them for being clueless

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Grondoth posted:

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Btw Donnelly, Heitkamp, and Manchin voted for nuke cloture. Bennet voted for the 3/5 cloture but against nuke cloture. Looks like final vote will be 55-45, 3 bad Dems in favor.

But at least those bad Dems are in blood red states, Bennet went halfway--he's from loving Colorado AND not up for reelection.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Hey.

gently caress you too.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Here's a good writer's book review of a bad book about Hilary Clinton.

https://twitter.com/onesarahjones/status/849646723848749056

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Shear Modulus posted:

Here's a good writer's book review of a bad book about Hilary Clinton.

https://twitter.com/onesarahjones/status/849646723848749056

BUT EMAILS posts Sulk, 12 times a thread.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
*logikv9 voice*

No emails, no emails, you're the email

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol i thought it was all just under the same rule of course the senate has half a dozen different kinds of filibusters

just abolish the senate imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i recently became an email-heavy person and my God those things suck bigly

• Locked thread