Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

kid sinister posted:

ITT people care more about internet lulz than actual humans in danger. lol

your concern trolling is creepy AF hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

OP GIS'd "infinity bathtub rocks" and called it a day

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!
Holy poo poo that bathroom is tacky as gently caress and probably literally tacky because you can't clean it properly.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bad Munki posted:

OP GIS'd "infinity bathtub rocks" and called it a day

Clearly not, since that drain basin isn't sunk into the floor.

edit: ^ seriously, that wall is gonna get gross real fast, since you can't really clean it with anything besides a feather duster and a toothbrush...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Snak posted:

Well I mean yeah, it clearly isn't the work of a DIY expert.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

kid sinister posted:

Nice try. There's no outlet in the picture.

I assure you, my "opinion" of you now is mostly based on you calling people idiots when you're the fuckhead who lets his wife sleep is the room next to this one, when you live in a major earthquake area. Also, I know how many bedrooms your house has. I'd be willing to bet that you have some kids too. If you were smart, you'd move them somewhere else for the time being. But no, you'd rather try to spin this into you not being a dumbass than protect your family.

What the gently caress does this have to do with laughing at this guy? What are his kids names KS? Doesn't DIY have a no stalk rule? If not, it should. Ban this chuckle gently caress.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
Fuckin' goons ruin everything. I was genuinely interested to see how this mess was gonna be fixed.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Snak posted:

edit: ^ seriously, that wall is gonna get gross real fast, since you can't really clean it with anything besides a feather duster and a toothbrush...

Thats for the cleaning lady to sort out :smug:

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

kid sinister posted:

I don't give a poo poo about recognition. I've tried to help this guy at least twice over the years, but he's still a shithead to me and everyone else trying to help him. Now he's put his family in danger and would rather argue about it on the internet instead.

Was looking up his linkedin and bragging about it part of your masterplan to help and support the OP. Maybe you should see if you can find his facebook profile to make sure he's not in any immediate danger

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Snak posted:

Uh, just chlorinate urinate in the water, duh.

This is more likely.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Shadowgate posted:

Fuckin' goons ruin everything. I was genuinely interested to see how this mess was gonna be fixed.

:same:

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Shadowgate posted:

Google "house collapse"

Oh poo poo, is this the OP's house as #1 result??

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah someone power-tripped and no we all lose. The mystery of this tub will never be solved, I feel incomplete.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

So, the idea of the tub is that it's like back before the days of indoor plumbing, when mom would fill up the big tub with water and haul it inside and everyone would take turns using it and water would slosh everywhere, only now we're so goddamn rich that the tub fills itself all the time and sloshes water around for you?

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Burt Sexual posted:

What the gently caress does this have to do with laughing at this guy? What are his kids names KS? Doesn't DIY have a no stalk rule? If not, it should. Ban this chuckle gently caress.

It shows that maybe more than his and his wife's lives are in danger. I'm not sure if he even has kids. I guessed that based on how big his house is and how old he looks. I'm not going to look up his kids. That's really loving creepy and it's not like anyone else sawed through his joists.

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Was looking up his linkedin and bragging about it part of your masterplan to help and support the OP. Maybe you should see if you can find his facebook profile to make sure he's not in any immediate danger

I posted that bit because it was hilarious.

kid sinister fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 6, 2017

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Azathoth posted:

So, the idea of the tub is that it's like back before the days of indoor plumbing, when mom would fill up the big tub with water and haul it inside and everyone would take turns using it and water would slosh everywhere, only now we're so goddamn rich that the tub fills itself all the time and sloshes water around for you?

who wants to slosh their own water? its 2017 we're not animals

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

SketchUp was a mistake

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Dave posted:

Yeah someone power-tripped and no we all lose. The mystery of this tub will never be solved, I feel incomplete.

There's a smaller tub inside

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Bloop posted:

Op lives in Dracula's castle?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

The Bloop posted:

What's the calculations on a load of water floating inside another load of water resting on top of sawn-off floor supports?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

kid sinister posted:

It shows that maybe more than his and his wife's lives are in danger. I'm not sure if he even has kids. I guessed that based on how big his house is and how old he looks. I'm not going to look up his kids. That's really loving creepy and it's not like anyone else sawed through his joists.

you hosed up in spectactular fashion and now you're doubling down on it, defending it on the basis of your intentions

this sounds awfully familiar

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Deprived of their primary source of entertainments, the goons now feed on each others.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Kid you even posted itt that you doxxed him due to a perceived slight that he didn't listen to you in the past.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

You fuckers scared off OP god drat it I wanted to see how this would end.

E: Whoever bought KS's new avatar, you're the hero we deserve

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Heck of a ride!

selva oscura
Dec 19, 2009

kid sinister posted:

It shows that maybe more than his and his wife's lives are in danger

lol get over yourself

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
on one hand, we're not going to see the final outcome.

on the other, this dude totally deserved having his retarded internet persona turned on him and get ratted out to the authorities.

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013

kid sinister posted:

Too late. I already archived them, just in case he deletes anything before the inspectors can see them.

I finally read all this. This is awesome.

I'm happy you enjoyed it. I see you obtained a nice avatar for your tireless efforts as an internet detective vigilante stalker building inspector. Pretty cool compared to your old one, I must say.

This doesn't quite look like a situation where the house is in imminent danger of total collapse. Also I haven't seen any kids running around like "Daddy, daddy! Look there's a big loving hole in the floor! And I'm gonna go jump on it and die horribly while you and mommy snort crushed up pills whilst complaining about strangers on the internet!" You can't say "it's for the kids!" like you've found pictures on his account of a black van full of candy and chloroform.

Somehow, this thread went from a stage-one goon well to pissing in such a short span*... That's not solely you, but it looks like your reaction had something to do with your history with the guy and his weird electrical-fire bed frame. You have some kind of complex about people not taking your advice, in addition to any legit frustrations you have with idiots harming others through negligence. You went ahead and dug your own well next to his, and started drilling holes in the wall to take pictures, piss, and make spooky ghost noises like a jackass.

Even if you're being honest about your motivations, I think you took it a bit far for your own satisfaction. If this guy manages to accomplish anything safely, it will only be in spite of your actions. Nobody has to baby the guy, and it is funny to point out how blindly he hosed up. But, you effectively building-department-swatted him because you didn't like his attitude. That's pretty hosed up.

*(Ha)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

on one hand, we're not going to see the final outcome.

on the other, this dude totally deserved having his retarded internet persona turned on him and get ratted out to the authorities.

I really don't think he did. He had hosed up bad but was bringing in actual professionals to fix things. doxxing is gross but trying to report this guy would only make sense if, after a bunch more updates, he made it clear none of these fancy engineers were talking nicely enough to him so he's just going to draw a solution in sketchup and that's that. He had stopped work and was in the process of making things right, there is no need to report him. That would have been the outcome too, he'd get a stop-work order and be told he needs to submit plans of the fix signed off by an engineer. All that's changed is now we don't get any updates.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Who takes a bath in 2017? Ain't got time for that poo poo.

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

I really don't think he did. He had hosed up bad but was bringing in actual professionals to fix things. doxxing is gross but trying to report this guy would only make sense if, after a bunch more updates, he made it clear none of these fancy engineers were talking nicely enough to him so he's just going to draw a solution in sketchup and that's that. He had stopped work and was in the process of making things right, there is no need to report him. That would have been the outcome too, he'd get a stop-work order and be told he needs to submit plans of the fix signed off by an engineer. All that's changed is now we don't get any updates.

Now all we need is for a goon to get all up in KS' poo poo and send photos of his posts as well as his last colonoscopy images to Lowtax while proudly announcing that they're doing so. Then another to do the same to that goon, and another, and another...

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Please don't let this be the end!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Holyshoot posted:

Who takes a bath in 2017? Ain't got time for that poo poo.

You can have my jacuzzi tub when you pry it from my cold, dead, bloated, water-logged hands.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

kid sinister posted:

hi, mod here, wow get hosed

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Effective-Disorder posted:

I'm happy you enjoyed it. I see you obtained a nice avatar for your tireless efforts as an internet detective vigilante stalker building inspector. Pretty cool compared to your old one, I must say.

This doesn't quite look like a situation where the house is in imminent danger of total collapse. Also I haven't seen any kids running around like "Daddy, daddy! Look there's a big loving hole in the floor! And I'm gonna go jump on it and die horribly while you and mommy snort crushed up pills whilst complaining about strangers on the internet!" You can't say "it's for the kids!" like you've found pictures on his account of a black van full of candy and chloroform.

Somehow, this thread went from a stage-one goon well to pissing in such a short span*... That's not solely you, but it looks like your reaction had something to do with your history with the guy and his weird electrical-fire bed frame. You have some kind of complex about people not taking your advice, in addition to any legit frustrations you have with idiots harming others through negligence. You went ahead and dug your own well next to his, and started drilling holes in the wall to take pictures, piss, and make spooky ghost noises like a jackass.

Even if you're being honest about your motivations, I think you took it a bit far for your own satisfaction. If this guy manages to accomplish anything safely, it will only be in spite of your actions. Nobody has to baby the guy, and it is funny to point out how blindly he hosed up. But, you effectively building-department-swatted him because you didn't like his attitude. That's pretty hosed up.

*(Ha)

Add the weight of a tub. Now add the weight of 50+ gallons of water. Now add 400 pounds for your average goon. Tell me how that wasn't going to collapse eventually.

You've never dealt with DIY types like this guy before, have you? The ones that are all gung-ho about tearing open walls and floors despite not really knowing what they're doing. He's not the first DIYer I've met like this, and he won't be the last. DIYers like him take personal affront to other people disapproving of their disasters, then go at them anyway. You're assuming that the engineers and contractors he talked to actually exist. All of his shenanigans would have been nipped in the bud if he had just done a project of this scope properly and got approved plans and permits. Then he would have heard "don't cut through your load bearing floor" and not get permits for it until he comes around and actually does it right. If he has to be dragged kicking and screaming into not hurting anyone, so be it. I honestly don't think he would have done it otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being an amateur DIYer. If you're not sure about a project, then post for help BEFORE you do anything dangerous. If you do mess up, actually take the advice and don't insist you're still right and everyone else is wrong when god and everyone can see you messed up.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SoundMonkey posted:

hi, mod here, wow get hosed

Why isn't he banned? Lowtax even made money off the new av

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

kid sinister posted:

Add the weight of a tub. Now add the weight of 50+ gallons of water. Now add 400 pounds for your average goon. Tell me how that wasn't going to collapse eventually.

You've never dealt with DIY types like this guy before, have you? The ones that are all gung-ho about tearing open walls and floors despite not really knowing what they're doing. He's not the first DIYer I've met like this, and he won't be the last. DIYers like him take personal affront to other people disapproving of their disasters, then go at them anyway. You're assuming that the engineers and contractors he talked to actually exist. All of his shenanigans would have been nipped in the bud if he had just done a project of this scope properly and got approved plans and permits. Then he would have heard "don't cut through your load bearing floor" and not get permits for it until he comes around and actually does it right. If he has to be dragged kicking and screaming into not hurting anyone, so be it. I honestly don't think he would have done it otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being an amateur DIYer. If you're not sure about a project, then post for help BEFORE you do anything dangerous. If you do mess up, actually take the advice and don't insist you're still right and everyone else is wrong when god and everyone can see you messed up.

But why did you look up how many bedrooms he has?

He has too big of a house to live with just his wife? Bigger than yours?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Burt Sexual posted:

Why isn't he banned? Lowtax even made money off the new av

i just woke up ok

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Burt Sexual posted:

But why did you look up how many bedrooms he has?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3813464&perpage=40&pagenumber=9#post471100820

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

So what information that's factual did you get by searching out his house? Did you google street view it too? What are the school districts?

E:do his kids live close enough to walk to school, or do they likely take the bus?

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 6, 2017

• Locked thread