Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

For a moment I though he was LA Beast but this guy actually has friends to help him

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

nerdz posted:

For a moment I though he was LA Beast but this guy actually has friends to help him

:laffo:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

"Johnny's on fire! Quick, hit him with your cellphones!"

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

This can't be true, can it?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/05/entertainment/shia-labeouf-man-down-ticket/index.html

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

It can be, because it was probably in 6 theatres and notice it was also available on demand. Limited release in the US means less than 200 theatres. UK would be substantially less.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Well, CNN IS fake news.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Avenging_Mikon posted:

It can be, because it was probably in 6 theatres and notice it was also available on demand. Limited release in the US means less than 200 theatres. UK would be substantially less.

Says in the article it was in one theater.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

KingSlime posted:

that's just the portable version

Porta-Platy :haw:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I wish I knew what he said

Also why is a news crew in the bathroom

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

I wish I knew what he said

Also why is a news crew in the bathroom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-OYM7AhW7Q

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

They probably released it in such a limited fashion to satisfy a contract or regulation. There's a movie called Zyzzx Road that took $30* at the US box office, because they needed to release it to stay good with the Screen Actors Guild. They only showed it at one cinema, at midday, on a Thursday, and charged $5 a ticket.

*It took $30 but two of those tickets were bought by the makeup artist and a friend of hers, and one of the actors refunded them out of his own pocket.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Wonderful.

Also whatever language they were speaking, apparently "urinal" is "pissbock" which is awesome.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/3dCy4sZ.gifv

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

Wonderful.

Also whatever language they were speaking, apparently "urinal" is "pissbock" which is awesome.

Dutch, so it's "pisbak". "Bak" as a noun can be understood here as "box", made out of plastic or steel. (cardboard boxes are called "doos").

There is also a term "pisbakkenstaal" which is used to refer to cheap flimsy metal plating.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I've seen this clip many times and the woman's total absence of upper-body strength always amazes me. Like the rope swing doesn't even slow her down or change her trajectory at all, just *blam* straight into the ground.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sagebrush posted:

I've seen this clip many times and the woman's total absence of upper-body strength always amazes me. Like the rope swing doesn't even slow her down or change her trajectory at all, just *blam* straight into the ground.

This was always my favourite but it's loving brutal.

http://imgur.com/a/d7QVN

Sir Joseph Banksy
May 9, 2009

boing...boing...boing...boing...
https://youtu.be/LKR5X2lfcTk

Australian journalist who has for a considerable time pursued paedophiles and the like.

*ahem. Suck poo poo, fuckwit.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

It's like real life Art Frahm

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Apparently Nivea is giving Pepsi a run for their money in their "what the gently caress" stupid ad campaigns with their White Is Purity deodorant commercial.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article142997254.html

:psyduck: :psyboom:

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
I don't get it, they focus test movies to oblivion and this just gets released. Who thought this was a good idea?

Almost as bad as the garagedoor company bricking their device because a customer left a negative review.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
when was the last time you were talking on the internet about a Nivea advert?

they got what they wanted

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

10 Beers posted:

Apparently Nivea is giving Pepsi a run for their money in their "what the gently caress" stupid ad campaigns with their White Is Purity deodorant commercial.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article142997254.html

:psyduck: :psyboom:

article posted:

This is not the first time Nivea has attracted controversy with its marketing campaigns.

In 2011, an ad for "Nivea for Men" products came under fire for depicting a clean-shaven black man holding a disembodied head with an Afro — presumably his former self — and getting ready to toss it away.

The slogan on that ad? "RE-CIVILIZE YOURSELF."

Adweek noted there was a corresponding "Nivea for Men" ad that showed a white man holding his own disembodied head, but that one didn't include the "re-civilize yourself" slogan. Outrage over the campaign forced Nivea to publicly apologize on its Facebook page.

:downsbravo:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
When was the last time anybody was talking about Adolf Hitler prior to 1933? He got what he wanted.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Jesus Christ, I actually used to know her. Really cool, really sharp woman but yeah, not the most graceful.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wasn't she on Tosh? I vaguely remember him interviewing her about that one.

I don't know how him and that MTV show are still on. You can just jump on YouTube and drink from the people-eating-poo poo firehose.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Jeff Sichoe posted:

when was the last time you were talking on the internet about a Nivea advert?

they got what they wanted

hoo boy here we go!

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

I don't get it, they focus test movies to oblivion and this just gets released. Who thought this was a good idea?

Almost as bad as the garagedoor company bricking their device because a customer left a negative review.

Advertising people are idiots.
Nobody focus tests ads unless the ad agency preselects a heavily biased sample to get the outcome they want so the client buys into it.
Source: I have worked in advertising for over 10 years.

Also the show Madmen is the worst thing to happen to advertising because it encourages people working in it to get high off their own farts even more.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Steve Bannon removed from National Security Council

Haha, get hosed you immutable poo poo stain.

quote:

President Trump on Wednesday removed controversial White House chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon from the National Security Council, part of a sweeping staff reshuffling that elevated key military and intelligence officials to greater roles on the council and left Bannon far less involved in shaping the administration’s day-to-day national security policy.

Good. Motherfucker had no business there in the first place. Back to Breitbart's bullshit, Steve :byewhore:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Zipperelli. posted:

Steve Bannon removed from National Security Council

Haha, get hosed you immutable poo poo stain.

Good. Motherfucker had no business there in the first place. Back to Breitbart's bullshit, Steve :byewhore:

This is a good one. Bannon put out a statement claiming that he was only on it to "keep an eye on Flynn" and "de-operationalize" the council from the influence of The Sinister Susan Rice, and now Mission Accomplished and he's stepping down, because he didn't even want those stupid grapes anyway. Meanwhile, there's chatter, even on Fox, that Trump did it and/or let it happen because he was pissy about all the President Bannon jokes.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

World War Mammories posted:

This is a good one. Bannon put out a statement claiming that he was only on it to "keep an eye on Flynn" and "de-operationalize" the council from the influence of The Sinister Susan Rice, and now Mission Accomplished and he's stepping down, because he didn't even want those stupid grapes anyway. Meanwhile, there's chatter, even on Fox, that Trump did it and/or let it happen because he was pissy about all the President Bannon jokes.

The story that's been going around since last night is that General McMaster went to Trump and basically said get this guy the F out of my face, he has no business being on the Security Council. McMaster actually has a decent amount of leverage when you think about it, if Trump were to lose two National Security Advisors within a few months that would be a pretty bad look. He can threaten to resign and Trump might be forced to side with him.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Woman falls 60ft off a bridge taking a selfie, air in her head slows her down so much she survives with minor injuries.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Remember that woman who voted for Trump and was shocked to find out her illegal immigrant husband was going to be deported?

On Tuesday, ICE agents grabbed the husband in the middle of the night and shipped him to Mexico.

Undocumented Man Whose Wife Voted For Trump Has Been Deported

:sad:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Well he's been deported, so therefore he must have been a bad hombre. Ipso facto.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Can't have loved him that much if they were married, not that hard to get papers for a spouse

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

Doggles posted:

Remember that woman who voted for Trump and was shocked to find out her illegal immigrant husband was going to be deported?

On Tuesday, ICE agents grabbed the husband in the middle of the night and shipped him to Mexico.

Undocumented Man Whose Wife Voted For Trump Has Been Deported

:sad:

Does anyone else remember this guys name being Beristein? :tinfoil:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Azhais posted:

Can't have loved him that much if they were married, not that hard to get papers for a spouse
The guy had a deportation order from way before they got married, no way he's getting papers with that, married or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

Does anyone else remember this guys name being Beristein? :tinfoil:

Wasn't he in a movie where he played a genie?