Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Chokes McGee posted:

*fast forward six years, humor me and say there's a dem president/congress*

"well the 60 votes aren't there, even though the rules say it's ok I think we should restore a bit of decorum and tradition to this legislative body"

and fuckin lmao if you think the dems won't do it

hey man remember just a few pages ago when you were super pissed at dems for not blowing up the SC filibuster when they had a majority but also had no reason to blow up the SC filibuster?? I guess I'm saying your measure of the situation might be a bit off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Log082 posted:

Why are you writing dumb fanfic to justify being pissed at dems instead of the people who actually voted for this?

bad thread sending over bad posters

we need a wall to keep them out

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

so wait im seeing people say this is only for the scotus nomination and not a blanket filibuster repeal???

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

yeah i get the ventriloquist dummy vibe from him too and i dont know exactly what it is. head shape?

looks like a large child, blank expressionless face, hypernormalized wooden-textured epidermis

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
TRUMP

*clickclack

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

The Cucked Globalist posted:

cani sell my vote

Gotta be careful with those, visit your local certified corruption authority today

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ramadu posted:

so wait im seeing people say this is only for the scotus nomination and not a blanket filibuster repeal???

yes

that's why it's not that big a deal

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Weeping Wound posted:

hey, I don't see any nuclear hellfire, what gives <:mad:>

It happened, you died, this is your afterlife. Goondolences

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Ramadu posted:

correct

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Zikan posted:

bad thread sending over bad posters

we need a wall to keep them out

have u seen d&d? apparently you get probated/banned for not posting a fat dog now.

this is the future liberals want

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Ramadu posted:

Correct, legislative filibuster still exists.

Reid had already killed off the filibuster for all nominees judicial and executive except SCOTUS due to GOP fuckery.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ramadu posted:

Right

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

yeah i get the ventriloquist dummy vibe from him too and i dont know exactly what it is. head shape?

Lots of sharp angles, dead eyes, perfectly combed hair. His skin looks stretched on, like it's an optional fashion choice for his bones.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Weeping Wound posted:

hey, I don't see any nuclear hellfire, what gives <:mad:>

Turn on ur monitor

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Inspector Hound posted:

Lol his wife was paralyzed in a car accident while he was a pow and when he got back he divorced her because she had gotten fat

he calls his new wife a trollop and a oval office out loud while they're in public together

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

tacodaemon posted:

I think it's the hair, and maybe the chin and also his whole face.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Serf posted:

yes

still gonna call and yell at mccain and flake more than i already do i guess i got time to do that

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

I have been laughing out loud at this picture for a good 3 mins straight

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-w47wgdhso

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Pro Click

http://taskandpurpose.com/jared-kushner-iraq-storybook-pictures/

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Turn on ur monitor

My GOD it's full of posts

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

crazy cloud posted:

he calls his new wife a trollop and a oval office out loud while they're in public together

Also rumors of an affair in '08, iirc. McCain fucks

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The mid term elections should have a royal rumble and trump has to defend the presidency at the next ppv

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ramadu posted:

still gonna call and yell at mccain and flake more than i already do i guess i got time to do that

i approve of this

and it is a big deal in that we're gonna see a majority-conservative scotus that fucks over progress for at least a generation

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://s1.webmshare.com/8y3bz.webm

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Serf posted:

yes

Except there's nothing protecting the legislative filibuster the first time the GOP don't get their way

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Also rumors of an affair in '08, iirc. McCain fucks

up everything he touches, planes, votes, marriages, lindsay graham, everything he gets his hands on

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

Except there's nothing protecting the legislative filibuster the first time the GOP don't get their way

there was nothing protecting it before

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Log082 posted:

Why are you writing dumb fanfic to justify being pissed at dems instead of the people who actually voted for this?

why are you posting in cspam if you have to ask this

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Turn on ur monitor

*liquefied flesh drips from my face in chunks to type out "oh, now I see it :)" on my keyboard*

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

actual footage from the filibuster btw

Serf
May 5, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

if they did that then we'll see some serious poo poo

and who knows maybe they'll do it. anything's possible now

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

just gotta pray that RGB hangs on until dems take back the WH

:smith:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
kush-nerd

Serf
May 5, 2011

brugroffil posted:

:laffo:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Considering livestreaming my suicide in '21 (optimistic, it'll probably be '19) when gay marriage inevitably comes back to the Supreme Court and loses

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If the Dems were smart, they'd just walk out and go home. It's clear at this point that the Republicans do not care if there are any Democrats in the senate whatsoever, and the Dems have no power to stop them, so just go home to your families or mistresses.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

brugroffil posted:

Um

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Agean90 posted:

there was nothing protecting it before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ramadu posted:

Yeah, just like the previous removal of the filibuster for lower level judges. Removing the legislative filibuster is a whole other thing entirely and not something that Republican Senators are eager to do for short-term political gain (until/unless they are).

• Locked thread