Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Eugene's location doesn't strike me as a glaring error. He was outside, so *shrug*.

It's true that our reaction to stuff would depend on whether we generally like or dislike the show. Something we handwave on a show we like, we blow it up on a show we dislike, no matter how insignificant. A character in danger on a show we like is tense, but it's laughable on a show we dislike, even if the situation is exactly the same. Breaking Bad had it's share of logical problems, but I ignore them because I loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but was there really only one zombie in this entire episode?

On the Talking Dead, there was a little factoid pop-up stating this was the first episode to feature only one walker since the episode with Dale's death.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
my favourite part was the ridiculous contrivances just to set up sasha being a zombie and i guess distracting people for a couple of seconds. like when she chooses to take the trip in the fuckin coffin cause shes sleepy and negans like 'YEAH THATS MY GIRL'.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Nah, if you're relying on viewers to create drama for you you aren't doing a very good job of writing material. The reason the walking dead doesn't get any slack is because every episode is a hack job.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

JossiRossi posted:

That's absolutely amazing.

Also, didn't Eugene start reading a history book when trapped in a garage during like the Wolves attack or something. So, you know he knows his poo poo on this.

Oh and, lame request, have Rick give the signal to Rosita, who hits the button, and then cut to the Zombie explosion from Terminus.

http://i.imgur.com/khZMcUe.gifv

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Making Eugene into a legit traitor shows me again that they have no idea how to utilize what could be the best character in the show.

Eugene megaphoning some dumb Eugene-code that only Tara could interpret would be funny to me.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Apr 6, 2017

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Haha, thank you so much!

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Can you imagine how long it would take to turn that ARMORED escape truck around? That's a scene I would like to have seen

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

Making Eugene into a legit traitor shows me again that they have no idea how to utilize what could be the best character in the show.

Agreed. Though I would find it hilarious if it was all still an act, that he committed to wholeheartedly, but no they hosed it all up.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Markorjoshua posted:

Can you imagine how long it would take to turn that ARMORED escape truck around? That's a scene I would like to have seen

A four-point turn in the middle of a gunfight would be awesome

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah that'd actually add tension but walking dead isn't in the business of that

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

So, assuming most of the shots weren't head hots how many zombos now roam alexandria?

Or are they of such little threat now it dint matter?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lycus posted:

Eugene megaphoning some dumb Eugene-code that only Tara could interpret would be funny to me.
Honestly I like the idea that he is a big coward and is only working with Negan because he's afraid. They will do something to redeem him I'm sure. We already saw that with how he gave Sasha the pill, and it appears Negan thinks he is responsible for that.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Honestly I like the idea that he is a big coward and is only working with Negan because he's afraid. They will do something to redeem him I'm sure. We already saw that with how he gave Sasha the pill, and it appears Negan thinks he is responsible for that.

The whole reason Eugene is ok with Negan is because he didn't have to be afraid of dying to a bat all the time.

Negan just made it clear he thinks Eugene is responsible for Sasha's death, so now Eugene will be afraid of dying to a bat.

That's the set up for his betrayal next season.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Or are they of such little threat now it dint matter?

They are exactly as much of a threat as the director feels like.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Take a sip whenever Tara looks concerned.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Acacia REI posted:

Hey remember that really long image sequence parody of the "Sing Me A Song" episode someone made a while back? The one with the protractors on Negan? Did any more of those ever get made?

One or two people make a series for each episode on the wAlking Dead subreddit.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Do you honestly think a gunfight of PTSD suffering ex Walgreens employees would even look half as cool as what we saw?

Firing a gun (well) is loving hard. I've always enjoyed the level of detail the set armourer does with weaponry but laugh a little when I see Darrell using a rifle with a barrel shroud that I didn't even know existed. Which means it was probably made very recently.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Captain Log posted:

Do you honestly think a gunfight of PTSD suffering ex Walgreens employees would even look half as cool as what we saw?

Firing a gun (well) is loving hard. I've always enjoyed the level of detail the set armourer does with weaponry but laugh a little when I see Darrell using a rifle with a barrel shroud that I didn't even know existed. Which means it was probably made very recently.

If Honda kept making new models after the apocalypse I don't see why arms manufacturers can't get in on the game.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Captain Log posted:

The fact that you used the term "barrel shroud" cracks me up.

Dude, it was just a handguard that was as long as the barrel. You should be more concerned that an obvious civilian built full auto rifle made it's way into the hands of our heroes.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 6, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

I guess. I just think Eugene Poor-Man's-MacGuyering a distraction would've been way better than Sad Sasha.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Haven't watched this season. Anything happen?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

There weren't any walkers drawn to the gunfight because the Saviors are actually the good guys, doing a competent job of wiping out the dead to create a safer world.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Das Boo posted:

Haven't watched this season. Anything happen?

Eugene got a stuffed sloth.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

vyst posted:

No Negan is legitimately the best character on the show. That doesn't say much since most of the characters are insufferable and/or retarded but yea

They need to take the best characters from both shows and put them together. What I'm saying here is Negan/Strand Buddy Show. :colbert:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fog Tripper posted:

The fact that you used the term "barrel shroud" cracks me up.

Dude, it was just a handguard that was as long as the barrel. You should be more concerned that an obvious civilian built full auto rifle made it's way into the hands of our heroes.

That's the biggest issue I have with the weapons. Everything is full auto. Hell I'd almost swear some of the bolties were too. And it's not like "Oh, well people modified them after the collapse" because they've had full access to full auto weaponry since the start with a seemingly unending supply of various ammo. The only real gun I saw was that M44 Glenn/Magie used with the bonus folding baby skewer. The only downsides to it are it's loud as gently caress and spits a goddamned fireball. I know this because I own one and two of it's big brothers

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 7, 2017

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Eugene got a stuffed sloth.

Is this a euphemism? Or-
Oh, no, wait. Eugene.

Xenopax
Sep 27, 2002

Get pregnant using Xenopax® brand bottled semen. Trust no substitutes.
I assume Gregory tipped of Neegan, which means he knows Rick was organizing all the towns, what the gently caress does Rick have to do before Neegan decides to punt on ruling through fear with him? Would have made more sense to shoot Carl and Rick and tell everyone else that's what happens to traitors.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Firing a gun (well) is loving hard.

Maybe Maggie should have taught her people to take aimed shots instead of throwing knives.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Why do people think TV seasons change based on audience reactions? The whole season was in the can before we even saw the first episode.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TOOT BOOT posted:

Why do people think TV seasons change based on audience reactions? The whole season was in the can before we even saw the first episode.

If you want peak insanity go read the live-airing of the Westworld thread where people were convinced the show was being modified based on audience reaction every other episode, which is super ludicrous given it runs on a TWO year wind up schedule.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

What made them believe such a thing?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Goons are dunning Kruger as hell

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Serial authors back in the 1800s were heavily suspected of bowing to public pressure and changing stories in between releases. I'm pretty sure some admitted to it, but I'm not gonna go digging. So yea, Chuck Dickens was a hack.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

What made them believe such a thing?
An inflated sense of importance.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I just watched the classic film Starship Troopers.

Father Gabriel is in it and he's a bad rear end motherfucker. He detonates the nuke in a selfless act and kills the bugs .

Seth Gilliam for the win.

I think the chick from Requim For A Dream was in it too. (rear end 2 rear end)

And that gay dude from How I Met Your Mother. Patrick something ...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Stickarts posted:

totally-not-cannibals melt downs

I wish we got an argument like that every season finale.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Morgan is in lost in space. At least the beginning, could not watch that poo poo.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

SocketWrench posted:

That's the biggest issue I have with the weapons. Everything is full auto. Hell I'd almost swear some of the bolties were too. And it's not like "Oh, well people modified them after the collapse" because they've had full access to full auto weaponry since the start with a seemingly unending supply of various ammo. The only real gun I saw was that M44 Glenn/Magie used with the bonus folding baby skewer. The only downsides to it are it's loud as gently caress and spits a goddamned fireball. I know this because I own one and two of it's big brothers

Well the casing Rosita had Eugene reload for her 9mm(?) was a .50 cal from the deagle. Harry Potter ammo.

In defense of the full auto bot guns, maybe Pederson Devices are plentiful in the HP/TWD universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Not sure why Neegan was impressed at Eugene's construction of a round that failed to pierce a baseball bat a few feet away, even a 9mm.