Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Das Boo posted:

Things got weird in this thread while I was gone.
Also, Zim was good and cel-shaded. Y'all eat turds.

Show's not bad, it's just the fanbase - I'd say even the creator hates them, but he's kind of a massive misanthrope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Selachian posted:

I can hardly wait until my daughter is grown up and the theaters are filled with edgy, adult reboots of Paw Patrol and The Amazing World of Gumball.

Keep hoping for this.

You have NO idea how much I would pay to see an edgy reboot of Gumball. ahaha

Also Hedrigall..holy poo poo, man.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hed this still ain't a chat thread.

Anyway, Zim was a cool show but it sort of makes me nostalgic in a bad way. That kind of goth is extinct.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I mean, the alternative, right now, is to either talk about TV shows (as we have been doing) or to talk about Boss Baby, as if anyone in here is going to go see Boss Baby.

Then again, I think Your Name is having a limited release sometime this weekend, so I guess that's a potential topic.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Who wants to do a Boss Baby tonteen?

We all go see Boss Baby and the last one to die of Boss Baby exposure gets plat

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

No thanks, I'd rather live never having watched Boss Baby.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So what going to happen to Mr Potato Head in Toy Story 4 now that Don Rickle is gone?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Falls out of a moving box to be crushed by an oncoming car.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Either they find a soundalike like they did with Slinky Dog, or they Bo Peep 'im.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pick posted:

Hed this still ain't a chat thread.

Anyway, Zim was a cool show but it sort of makes me nostalgic in a bad way. That kind of goth is extinct.

They're due for a comeback, imo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Oxxidation posted:

They're due for a comeback, imo

Way overdue. People need to be reminded that they're going to die.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh drat. I always thought Jerry Stiller was Mr. Potato Head until now.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Pick posted:

Way overdue. People need to be reminded that they're going to die.
These days we have politics for this

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh drat. I always thought Jerry Stiller was Mr. Potato Head until now.

:psyduck: They sound nothing alike

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Macaluso posted:

:psyduck: They sound nothing alike

This may be true, but it's also been a long time since I watched any of those movies.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I read a top 5 things that happened in Boss Baby and defientaly deserves a Pick style breakdown

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Shadow Hog posted:

Then again, I think Your Name is having a limited release sometime this weekend, so I guess that's a potential topic.

That's really good, it was out here in the UK for ages recently. Looked stunning, good story, funny in the right places. Highly recommended.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Im never seeing Boss Baby. Even if it becomes the only Dreamworks film I haven't seen.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What if Baby Boss is actually super excellent? Why are you so biased against babies and bosses?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

You can't justify having seen Bee Movie but refusing to watch Boss Baby

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I will watch Boss Baby if and only if somebody overdubs every one of the baby's lines with Jack Donaghy quotes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I read a top 5 things that happened in Boss Baby and defientaly deserves a Pick style breakdown

I checked this out and though it says the movie isn't as bad as you'd expect, just kind of meh but also super weird, this comment on the article is loving genius in a bad parenting kind of way:

quote:

My nine-year-old randomly asked about this movie the other day. I told him they canceled it, but it might show up on Netflix in a year or so (when I won’t have to endure it). I got out of the Minions and Angry Birds movies the same way.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Shadow Hog posted:

I mean, the alternative, right now, is to either talk about TV shows (as we have been doing) or

I have so much to say about Buddy Thunderstruck if we are idling in the TV animation zone.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hedrigall posted:

I will watch Boss Baby if and only if somebody overdubs every one of the baby's lines with Jack Donaghy quotes.

Apparently his character is entirely Jack Donaghy Jr, so I'm vaguely interested.

LoseHound
Nov 10, 2012

LeJackal posted:

I have so much to say about Buddy Thunderstruck

If there's not much of interest in the feature animation department, I don't see what's so wrong about this. Unless someone has some hot Cars 3 or Shrek 5 fan theories they just NEED to post.

Macaluso posted:

You can't justify having seen Bee Movie but refusing to watch Boss Baby

Bee Movie is a cultural touchstone, a ground-breaking tour de force that explores explores issues of identity and self-actualization in a timeless manner.

also the lady wants to shove a bee up her vee.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Would a bee up the vee make you pee bee?

Mass Effect crossover confirmed.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
...and this is why TV chat should be encouraged during movie droughts

(No seriously I like this little community we have and I trust all y'all's opinion on animation more than just about anyone else so I want to chat about all animated things here if that's ok :kiddo:)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Everyone state their top 10 family-friendly animated films (that stipulation because I think stuff like A Scanner Darkly aren't really in that niche of didactic entertainment).

PICK's LIIIIST:

1. Beauty and the Beast
2. Princess Mononoke
3. Tangled
4. Fantasia
5. ParaNorman
6. Rango
7. My Neighbor Totoro
8. Kung Fu Panda
9. Toy Story
10. Lilo & Stitch

It will probably need revision since I'm doing this off-the-cuff.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Putting them in order is too much thinking for this current work day I'm trapped in. So, also off the cuff:

Hedrigall's Hits
Lion King (probably #1, come on, it's me)
Beauty and the Beast
Princess and the Frog
Zootopia
Ratatouille (favourite Pixar)
Wall-E OR The Incredibles OR Inside Out (can't decide a second Pixar)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (if that counts)
Rango
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle (probably #10)

I hesitate to put Moana there yet, and push out Howl's. I love it to bits but ask me again in a year just to be sure.

If I could do top 10 franchises I'd put in Kung Fu Panda but I couldn't pick a single movie out of the three to stand alone.

Madagascar 1 is also way up there for me.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

Putting them in order is too much thinking for this current work day I'm trapped in. So, also off the cuff:

Hedrigall's Hits
Lion King (probably #1, come on, it's me)
Beauty and the Beast
Princess and the Frog
Zootopia
Ratatouille (favourite Pixar)
Wall-E OR The Incredibles OR Inside Out (can't decide a second Pixar)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (if that counts)
Rango
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle (probably #10)

I hesitate to put Moana there yet, and push out Howl's. I love it to bits but ask me again in a year just to be sure.

If I could do top 10 franchises I'd put in Kung Fu Panda but I couldn't pick a single movie out of the three to stand alone.

Madagascar 1 is also way up there for me.

How is Zootopia not #1 for you?

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I would do a top 10 list but I saw Wizards for the first time the other day and it blew my mind with its terrible, awful weirdness. I can't stop thinking about it. What the hell was it all about? Why did the wizard shoot the other wizard with a luger, why nazis, why elves, what the hell happened

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
PS: it's me, the dude who put nothing prior to the year he was born on his list

ThermoPhysical posted:

How is Zootopia not #1 for you?

IT'S PROBABLY #2 OK (Lion King is first based purely on the lions:screentime ratio)

Also:
I'm only half joking when I ask this, is Rock & Rule family-friendly enough to count? :shepface:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

In order, pretty much.

Zootopia
Lion King
Emperor's New Groove
Road to El Dorado
Mulan
Prince of Egypt
Lilo and Stitch
Iron Giant
Beauty and the Beast
Bug's Life

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God, I haven't actually watched enough animated movies recently to make a top ten.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Martytoof posted:

In order, pretty much.

Zootopia
Lion King
Emperor's New Groove
Road to El Dorado
Mulan
Prince of Egypt
Lilo and Stitch
Iron Giant
Beauty and the Beast
Bug's Life

I like your list, wanna come over and watch movies? :3:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

1.Cat's Don't Dance
2.Toy Story
3.Who framed roger rabbit
4.The iron giant
5.Hercules
6.Wreck it ralph
7.LEGO Batman movie
8.American tale: fievel goes west
9.Aladdin
10.The emperors new groove

Honorable mentions: Spirited away, The incredibles, Inside out, and the LEGO movie.

I absolutely loved Cat's Don't Dance, its a great movie with good animation, catchy songs and stellar character design, I know the story ain't too hot but it's mostly nostalgia in why its #1 for me

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

God, I haven't actually watched enough animated movies recently to make a top ten.

Yeah like two of those are recent. This is reaching back maaaany years.

Hedrigall posted:

I like your list, wanna come over and watch movies? :3:

I'm down.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:confused:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

uh yeah, they asked for TOP ten which I assume meant good movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Martytoof posted:

uh yeah, they asked for TOP ten which I assume meant good movies.

What the gently caress