Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Almost certainly part of the women's tournament

I would hope not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would hope not

she can be a first round jobber, or even the ring announcer.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

She's leaving the business behind to be my girlfriend

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Taler Hendrix randomly showing up and being 1000x hotter than I remembered almost made up for AJ Styles being hurt and not wrestling at the last RoH show I went to

Well, no, it didn't. But it was cool. Big loss for RoH

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nobody in the womens tournament has had a match as compelling as the taeler/mandy street fight

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
wow i got my red headed lady wrestlers mixed up and thought people were talking about Scarlett Bordeaux

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

wow i got my red headed lady wrestlers mixed up and thought people were talking about Scarlett Bordeaux

She's no longer a redhead which is a crime against humanity. :(

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is like to see Taelor vs Alexa in an 'only screwface' match where they just give each other stink-eye for five minutes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hopefully Taeler's fetish work won't freak out WWE.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

coconono posted:

Hopefully Taeler's fetish work won't freak out WWE.

They did just re-hire Mickie James, granted she has a work history with them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jonathan Gresham's signing with ROH is officially official. Solid get, completely underrated.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Jonathan Gresham's signing with ROH is officially official. Solid get, completely underrated.

Good news and happy he didn't go with TNA (he played Suicide a couple of tapings ago)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Good news and happy he didn't go with TNA (he played Suicide a couple of tapings ago)

I wonder if that was him at Wrestlecon as Suicide, then

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wonder if that was him at Wrestlecon as Suicide, then

No it was Caleb Konelly or however you spell it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

No it was Caleb Konelly or however you spell it

Yeah, Konley is playing the character now, though by the looks of the taping spoilers he's also working under his own name so I dunno.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

coconono posted:

That's a bummer because I've loved his work in Beyond the past year, but good for him getting paid. He's really good.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Ktik posted:

That's a bummer because I've loved his work in Beyond the past year, but good for him getting paid. He's really good.

Yeah it is bittersweet. But for the longest it seemed like he was allergic to getting a push or contract anywhere. People would float all these stories with little substance when pressed about him being difficult to deal with ranging from his attitude, his girlfriend's attitude or "demons". Gabe and him always had the weirdest relationship. Again there's been a lot of single source type stories. But I trust the story that Gabe seemed to hate his size/dimensions thus never gave him a sustained shot despite acknowledging he is really talented.

A ROH contract seems to be win/win situation these days - it is good money, guaranteed dates where either get utilised well and get more get exposure via their shows, TV and connections with other promotions (mainly NJPW) OR you get underutilised and fans/ex-ROH wrestler notice that and rally behind you get you into EVOLVE or WWE.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
how long until Delirious runs him off/doesn't care to use him right like ACH, Keith Lee, or Lio Rush?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Gresham wrestled as Hieracon as part of the Osisirian Portal, didn't he? He looked pretty impressive back then (around 2010/2011-ish) and I'm surprised it took this long for him to land a longer-term job with ROH (or god-forbid TNA).

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

KungFu Grip posted:

how long until Delirious runs him off/doesn't care to use him right like ACH, Keith Lee, or Lio Rush?

Isn't Cedric Alexander on that list too?

Looks like it's not a lizard under the mask, just Bill Watts.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Germansimp posted:

Gresham wrestled as Hieracon as part of the Osisirian Portal, didn't he? He looked pretty impressive back then (around 2010/2011-ish) and I'm surprised it took this long for him to land a longer-term job with ROH (or god-forbid TNA).

He did, he did, and I always assumed the issue was that he's a tiny person.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

Germansimp posted:

He's really, really short.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Isn't he like, 5'2? I could see that making people think twice about a push. Loved him as Hieracon, though. He's really, really loving good.

Mob posted:

Isn't Cedric Alexander on that list too?

Looks like it's not a lizard under the mask, just Bill Watts.

:golfclap:

drat, son.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Isn't he like, 5'2? I could see that making people think twice about a push. Loved him as Hieracon, though. He's really, really loving good.

Yeah Gresham is a fantastic wrestler but he is absolutely tiny. Lio Rush has like half a head on him. Rey Mysterio towers over the dude.

Here's him wrestling John Silver, who is another tiny but great guy

KungFu Grip posted:

They never really ran off/booked Keith Lee badly. He just kind of left because of the entire ROH/Floslam debacle.

To be hones they'll just throw him in the Will Ferrara/Cheeseburger pile of tiny jobbers.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mob posted:

Isn't Cedric Alexander on that list

I think Cedric's last ROH angle was actually with Gresham funny enough

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

They never really ran off/booked Keith Lee badly. He just kind of left because of the entire ROH/Floslam debacle.

Keith Lee they thought of only as a tag team wrestler, and then offered him the new standard ROH contract that forbid him from working in a lot of the indies that got him over as a single guy, so that's why he left.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I think Cedric's last ROH angle was actually with Gresham funny enough

his last angle was whacking Moose with a wrench and Caprice Coleman splitting with him

Ktik posted:

Keith Lee they thought of only as a tag team wrestler, and then offered him the new standard ROH contract that forbid him from working in a lot of the indies that got him over as a single guy, so that's why he left.

I love Lee as a singles guy, but his entire ROH stint was like 6 TV tag matches, 1 PPV tag match, and a dozen house shows which were in like a 4 month span. It didn't last long enough to be really bad booking or much of anything else.

It's not really the comparable to ACH or Cedric who were with the company for years and booked into oblivion.

It's not even the same as Lio Rush, who won their Top Prospect tournament over a 16 year vet (who retired 10 months later), and then had a year where his highlights were beating Caprice Coleman and Todd Gresham, losing his programs, going on a "training visit" to Europe instead of being in a title tournament, getting put back in the title tournament just because ACH left, just so he could do the job in the tournament to Matt Taven. Rush felt like he was getting thrown into the Cheeseburger/Will Ferrara job guy pile after starting the year really strong, and by comparison the Pretty Boy Killers were pretty good at winning and becoming a thing.

And yes, as I said before, he didn't resign with ROH, because ROH's new contract forbid people to work for indies that were affiliated with FloSlam, which is what I meant by "the entire ROH/FloSlam debacle".

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Delirious is still lovely for booking him for two Texas shows then taking him off his last one, in front of his home town, without telling him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I've totally turned the corner on WOH after the TV taping last night.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when did roh co-opt rovert

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Gresham's biggest strength is multi-man matches, and his biggest disadvantage is one on one matches. He's pretty smooth and entertaining in Trios or 4 ways but he's kinda lacking otherwise, I don't know what it is, but his entire moveset is pretty great for things like Trios, tag-team, or three-way matches but he's so mediocre otherwise

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
ROh turning the corner at their TV tapings Saturday with all their debuts, returns and challengers being lined up for Christopher Daniels. Oh, and Adam Cole was featured on a show that will air after May 1st.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Turning the corner and driving right into the Impact Zone

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Roque11 posted:

ROh turning the corner at their TV tapings Saturday with all their debuts, returns and challengers being lined up for Christopher Daniels. Oh, and Adam Cole was featured on a show that will air after May 1st.

I'm a big ROH supporter but nothing about those spoilers screams "we're in a good place" to me

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm a big ROH supporter but nothing about those spoilers screams "we're in a good place" to me

Are you suggesting ROH is not headed for happier, greener pastures now that they brought in the Spirit Squad?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

One wonders if Kenny will keep showing off his abs, knowing that Vince isn't watching

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Gresham's cool

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the spirit squad and jon gresham are the names behind the spoiler tags

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

oatgan no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011