Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

COMRADES posted:

How are universities radicalized when the only point of them anymore is to get a STEM degree or other such professional degree so you can sell your labor for more?

This is the only point if you're smart and make good decisions. I have some bad news for you about young people and their decision making skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
I mean you could make a better case for "SJW freaks" by just glancing at Anthony Burch :

-Got a job at Gearbox, a studio known for scamming Sega out of development money and using it to make Borderlands instead, and filled Borderlands 2 with horrible memes and plot holes and such
-Only got said job because of his work on Hey Ash Watchu Playing, which starred his sister (she is now a successful Voice Actor and apparently got a few writing credits more 'prestigious than her Brother) and him and has filled them trigger warnings about offensive jokes
-Pushed his wife into an open marriage when she was clearly uncomfortable with it.
-He was getting almost no sex out of that same open marriage setup, so he decided to declare that he was bisexual but post about how he was uncomfortable with men blowing on his ear or flirting with him
-His wife left him after a few months of this sort of poo poo and took the Wii U

-Framed a tweet and hung it on his wall
-Tweeted all this and more openly even though they all make him look like a huge retard

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

How are universities radicalized when the only point of them anymore is to get a STEM degree or other such professional degree so you can sell your labor for more?

X= Get degree learning about how terrible America is

Y= Get out of college to find no jobs + crippling debt + Anger + Frustration

X + Y = Death To America

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

COMRADES posted:

Oh yeah but I'm the misogynist.

No, you're the sexist who has crawled so far up his own rear end that he thinks his paternalistic dismissal of women's choices is some kind of progressive pose. Let me tell you, I'm absolutely floored by the revelation that you think there are no meaningful differences between the sexes. Beep boop, full communism now...GULAG...GULAG...

Suck my dick, Moridin, you're not fooling anyone.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

X= Get degree learning about how terrible America is

Y= Get out of college to find no jobs + crippling debt + Anger + Frustration

X + Y = Death To America

Sounds more like a problem with America than one with the university system

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
As you all know, I've been a big critic of President Donald J Trump, but after seeing his released tax forms I've changed my mind about him. No man who releases such immaculate forms could be bad and I look forward to voting for him in 2020.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Can you guys pretend you are not some 40 year old virgins in their basement who think they couldn't get laid because of feminism?

Like it's already hard to take this poo poo seriously but if you bring up SJWs in a real life case and act like they are the reason the world is gone to poo poo, maybe look outside your window in your life.

Or, I dunno, get an education because you obviously lack one...

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Red Minjo posted:

Sounds more like a problem with America than one with the university system

Yeah but it's the American University system, so...

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Bholder posted:

Can you guys pretend you are not some 40 year old virgins in their basement who think they couldn't get laid because of feminism?

Like it's already hard to take this poo poo seriously but if you bring up SJWs in a real life case and act like they are the reason the world is gone to poo poo, maybe look outside your window in your life.

Or, I dunno, get an education because you obviously lack one...

Yeah we could break up the banks, but how would that end racism?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

new phone who dis posted:

I actually think the groundwork has already been laid for stripping radicalization out of the University considering that most of the graduates holding degrees in those fields will still be busy paying them off while underemployed by the time their kids go to school.
See, I don't buy that the universities are intentionally radicalizing people. Although caveat here being that I didn't go to Rutgers (far from it). But in my experience it seemed that professors were under pains not to offend anybody. The one I remembered who did not do this fled his West African country just before the army shot a bunch of intellectuals. That guy was awesome and he hated political correctness in all forms, left and right. He'd torch all sides equally.

I would say it was a pretty alienating environment though. You take a bunch of confused young people from all over and cram them into a campus which is ballooning from this student-debt bubble. An environment that's constantly in flux like that does weird things to the brain. Everyone is stressed out. You feel persecuted but don't know why. The left-wing students who want to force all men to wear dresses or whatever: they think the university is persecuting them. Or alternatively, these purple-haired freaks are out to get me!

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nut to Butt posted:

No, you're the sexist who has crawled so far up his own rear end that he thinks his paternalistic dismissal of women's choices is some kind of progressive pose. Let me tell you, I'm absolutely floored by the revelation that you think there are no meaningful differences between the sexes. Beep boop, full communism now...GULAG...GULAG...

You literally said women's work is easier and requires less skill thus they get paid less while denying that the most lucrative fields are still very male dominated and not very inclusive.

quote:

Many of the "women things" are safe, not physically demanding, or require very little training.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Yeah but it's the American University system, so...

F A I R E N O U G H

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nut to Butt posted:

what cuz every time someone isn't a liberal capitalist dumbass it's gotta be moridin?

i just have like 10 different accounts on here i guess lmao i'm conquistador too and also nooner and dad gay so what and probably a misanthrope im just everywhere it's moridins all the way down

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Nut to Butt posted:

Wait I missed that post of his, he's basically disputing the fact that "men and women gravitate towards different jobs and interests, and even though there are exceptions to this, the former is true most of the time?"

Man look at all these female bricklayers and drywall/ceiling tile installers.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Comrade guy is way too chill to be Moridin

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
So when is the spite war going to happen to deflect media attention? We are on that step now right?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lovely Wizard posted:

Wait I missed that post of his, he's basically disputing the fact that "men and women gravitate towards different jobs and interests, and even though there are exceptions to this, the former is true most of the time?"

Man look at all these female bricklayers and drywall/ceiling tile installers.

Are you really this idiotic when the dems are nonstop bleating about how there need to be more women CEOs and engineers?

like REALLY you fuckin idiots no poo poo men and women can gravitate towards different things but loving LOL if you think paying teachers more won't attract more qualified people to the field that's BASIC SUPPLY AND DEMAND you morons

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Wikkheiser posted:

See, I don't buy that the universities are intentionally radicalizing people. Although caveat here being that I didn't go to Rutgers (far from it). But in my experience it seemed that professors were under pains not to offend anybody. The one I remembered who did not do this fled his West African country just before the army shot a bunch of intellectuals. That guy was awesome and he hated political correctness in all forms, left and right. He'd torch all sides equally.

I would say it was a pretty alienating environment though. You take a bunch of confused young people from all over and cram them into a campus which is ballooning from this student-debt bubble. An environment that's constantly in flux like that does weird things to the brain. Everyone is stressed out. You feel persecuted but don't know why. The left-wing students who want to force all men to wear dresses or whatever: they think the university is persecuting them. Or alternatively, these purple-haired freaks are out to get me!

When the Soviet Union fell and there was nowhere left cool to be a communist all the radicals fled to academia to regroup and rebrand into the dumb modern identity politics bullshit we're getting bombarded with these days. The irony is that they've completely lost any attempt to appeal to the average working class person even a little and it's pretty much elitist and bougie pricks using that cudgel to perpetrate class warfare.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So is there a wage gap or isn't there? You can't say "women just gravitate towards less lucrative fields naturally" and at the same time be mad about a wage gap.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

COMRADES posted:

So is there a wage gap or isn't there? You can't say "women just gravitate towards less lucrative fields naturally" and at the same time be mad about a wage gap.

Women should be paid the same for jobs with the same duties as men, yes. Nobody is disagreeing that women should be paid the same as men for the same job.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

COMRADES posted:

The wage gap is vastly overstated so white women can get in on being oppressed and their help is useful enough to their allies that the lie is perpetuated for it's utility.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

X= Get STEM degree, learn about how terrible American infrastructure is

Y= Get out of college, land auto engineer job, realize that the whole industry is based on dumb ideas, and the whole culture is based on venerating those ideas, and no one is actually going to fix anything, just try and get paid to whine about it

X + Y = Death To Americans

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

COMRADES posted:

Probably and it's so blindingly obvious that I'm amazed that wasn't their priority #1. After that they could ram whatever else through and it would be gravy. "Internet privacy?? Ok but did you see there are 10 million new construction jobs??????"

But you know, gotta buy more military hardware we don't need or even use.

Surely the Koch bros and those ten other billionaires swaying every election across the land could stand to profit from increased infrastructure spending and building a hearty base of voters reliant on the government for work.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

The wage gap is vastly overstated so white women can get in on being oppressed and their help is useful enough to their allies that the lie is perpetuated for it's utility.

I'm surprised rich white women can even function, going through the massive rape epidemic at college, only to be exploited by their employers for slave wages once they escape the rape camps

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

In no bourgeois republic (i.e., where there is private ownership of the land, factories, works, shares, etc.), be it even the most democratic republic, nowhere in the world, not even in the most advanced country, have women gained a position of complete equality.

In words, bourgeois democracy promises equality and liberty. In fact, not a single bourgeois republic, not even the most advanced one, has given the feminine half of the human race either full legal equality with men or freedom from the guardianship and oppression of men.

Bourgeois democracy is democracy of pompous phrases, solemn words, exuberant promises and the high-sounding slogans of freedom and equality. But, in fact, it screens the non-freedom and inferiority of women, the non-freedom and inferiority of the toilers and exploited.

In the course of two years Soviet power in one of the most backward countries of Europe did more to emancipate women and to make their status equal to that of the "strong" sex than all the advanced, enlightened, "democratic" republics of the world did in the course of 130 years.

Enlightenment, culture, civilisation, liberty--in all capitalist, bourgeois republics of the world all these fine words are combined with extremely infamous, disgustingly filthy and brutally coarse laws in which woman is treated as an inferior being, laws dealing with marriage rights and divorce, with the inferior status of a child born out of wedlock as compared with that of a "legitimate" child, laws granting privileges to men, laws that are humiliating and insulting to women.

The yoke of capital, the tyranny of "sacred private property", the despotism of philistine stupidity, the greed of petty proprietors --these are the things that prevented the most democratic bourgeois republics from infringing upon those filthy and infamous laws.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Comrade guy is way too chill to be Moridin

He registered 3 days ago, continued arguments Moridin was having before he was probated, posted in many of the same threads belaboring the same tired points Moridin loves, and has an eerily similar diction. Whatever, maybe it's not him, but they're equals in idiocy.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

lovely Wizard posted:

Women should be paid the same for jobs with the same duties as men, yes. Nobody is disagreeing that women should be paid the same as men for the same job.

Good news, they alteady are.

Except companies still hire less women in most non-female oriented jobs for whatever reason.
This, the culture and education also causes there to be less female workforce.

This poo poo is not as easy as to give women 10 more dollars or something

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So anyway, my last post about Gorsuch was pretty cool and on topic.

Nah lets do 10 pages about wages.

fake edit: derails always happen when Moridin is around HMMMM

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

*Looks at history of individuals and groups holding power in communist countries by gender and coughs uncomfortably*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nut to Butt posted:

He registered 3 days ago, continued arguments Moridin was having before he was probated, posted in many of the same threads belaboring the same tired points Moridin loves, and has an eerily similar diction. Whatever, maybe it's not him, but they're equals in idiocy.

fam don't you think that if i were gonna drop another 10 bones on SA I'd get rid of this ridiculous avatar first?

people are leftists get over it lol

Bholder posted:

Good news, they alteady are.

Except companies still hire less women in most non-female oriented jobs for whatever reason.
This, the culture and education also causes there to be less female workforce.

apparently it's sexist to point that out now lmao

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

When the Soviet Union fell and there was nowhere left cool to be a communist all the radicals fled to academia to regroup and rebrand into the dumb modern identity politics bullshit we're getting bombarded with these days. The irony is that they've completely lost any attempt to appeal to the average working class person even a little and it's pretty much elitist and bougie pricks using that cudgel to perpetrate class warfare.
I don't disagree. But your mistake is thinking the right is not doing that too. The right has -- very cleverly -- appropriated the same dumb modern identity politics. It's "we're downtrodden and oppressed against the privileged elite." And that's how they snagged you like a catfish eating a cheeseball hooked to a fishing line. The "average working class person" around my part of the country has a mustache, speaks Spanish, likes sports and thinks Trump is a dumbass, but otherwise doesn't think about politics very much.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm the bid dumb idiot posting about wages in the current events Trump thread.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Nut to Butt posted:

He's obviously someone's alt account, isn't the policy if caught for that permabanning the alt account and normal banning the main account unless its a really good gimmick (rip GameQuoter)?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the policy is no probation evading but it's not surprising whatsoever that you fuckstains can't even be bothered to take 2 moments to double check something simple before you post lmao

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Wikkheiser posted:

I don't disagree. But your mistake is thinking the right is not doing that too. The right has -- very cleverly -- appropriated the same dumb modern identity politics. It's "we're downtrodden and oppressed against the privileged elite." And that's how they snagged you like a catfish eating a cheeseball hooked to a fishing line. The "average working class person" around my part of the country has a mustache, speaks Spanish, likes sports and thinks Trump is a dumbass, but otherwise doesn't think about politics very much.

I never vote for the right and their importance to me extends only as far as their ability to expose the supposed left for the crooks they are. The demographics in my area are similar to yours. It's not surprising the right adopted identity politics, what's surprising is the people on the left whining about it like they didn't help create it.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Prorat posted:

So anyway, my last post about Gorsuch was pretty cool and on topic.

Nah lets do 10 pages about wages.

fake edit: derails always happen when Moridin is around HMMMM

if you want to bring up your own posts you should probably bring up the one where you tried to blame liberals liberals liberals!!!! for lying about coal jobs being on the decline, by citing a wikipedia graph of total coal production. i was honored to be a part of that sequence

Moridin920 posted:

the policy is no probation evading but it's not surprising whatsoever that you fuckstains can't even be bothered to take 2 moments to double check something simple before you post lmao

counterpoint: im you, don't deny it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

World War Mammories posted:

counterpoint: im you, don't deny it

i am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together

im lolling

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

apparently it's sexist to point that out now lmao

No, it's just nobody understands it because it's a complex issue with no real solution.
Shitheads say it's the womens fault.for not wanting real manly jobs, and idiots think men collectivly decided to give women less money in secret.

Prorat posted:

I'm the bid dumb idiot posting about wages in the current events Trump thread.

Nobody cares

Even the downright retarded argument that apparently communists have fled to universities in secret to take back the world has more meaning than your pathethic attempts of attention seeking.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Moridin920 posted:

You're familiar with the alt policy and the commie bear gimmick poster stopped posting once you started posting again.

Trap laid and set off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I never vote for the right and their importance to me extends only as far as their ability to expose the supposed left for the crooks they are. The demographics in my area are similar to yours. It's not surprising the right adopted identity politics, what's surprising is the people on the left whining about it like they didn't help create it.
That's not surprising either. But really all I can say is that, chances are, people will get sick of the right-version like they did the left-wing version, but also not-surprisingly the left-wing version will come back, and then people will get sick of that again. And that will happen because people are predictably dumb.

• Locked thread