Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Rhyno posted:

Alternatively having children kind of cuts it off as well.

Confirmed. Can't wait for the wife to start back working, the heat has been 100% on me for about 10 years at this point and I've had enough. Youngest is 4 this year and starts reception class in September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I lost 10lbs by eating seeds for lunch

I'm constantly hungry tho

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I lost 10lbs by eating seeds for lunch

I'm constantly hungry tho

I'm eating dry shredded wheat for breakfast, a wrap for lunch and chicken for dinner right now.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm eating doritos

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I'm eating doritos

I don't miss chips. If anything I miss stuffing my face in the two hours before i sleep

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

i think the scale is going to say 195.something tomorrow which is a 10 lb loss and i will lose my poo poo

Losing your poo poo can be good for a pound.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

Losing your poo poo can be good for a pound.

Here's hoping.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Just finished my last day of driving at Ebisu. Had a dude taking photos and filming so I'll post some poo poo when we get back to Tokyo or home. It's a wild place, hitting the tracks for 8 days straight is tiring stuff but I have never had so much fun. 200L of fuel, 4 sets of rear tyres and I will be smelling tyre smoke for awhile yet.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I bet your cats love your non-standard riser death trap stairs, there.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

This is A Good Post

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Oh my god their little faces :kimchi:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

cakesmith handyman posted:

Confirmed. Can't wait for the wife to start back working, the heat has been 100% on me for about 10 years at this point and I've had enough. Youngest is 4 this year and starts reception class in September.

hahahahahahahahahahaha *sob*

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I dont like waffles so... eh. No biggie.

I don't feel like this got enough attention.
No avocados AND no waffles?!?

:getout:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Rhyno posted:

Here's hoping.

Drink more fruit smoothies! Maybe add some prunes for extra effect!

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Wait, we're posting cat photos?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
CAT PICTURESSSSSSS

Cat + Nerd =

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Have an appointment to look at another house this weekend. I'm not expecting much because it looks like it needs a bit of work from the pictures and it's been on the market a strangely long time compared to everything else in my area. That said it's on an acre lot and the best part:

Big rear end muthafuckin' detached garage. We'll see how it looks in person.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Ugh... cats. I can feel my allergies firing off just seeing them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Scale says 195! That's ten pounds lost in under a month!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rhyno posted:

But what does your heart say?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enourmo posted:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rhyno posted:

Make sure to eat protein and lift heavy things in order to preserve any muscle mass you may have. Muscle is the first to go when you start cutting calories.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Make sure to eat protein and lift heavy things in order to preserve any muscle mass you may have. Muscle is the first to go when you start cutting calories.

I've been ingesting many protein shakes and weight training starts Sunday. I'm gonna try to get on a proper schedule with my workouts but the only free time I have to do this ends up being 10pm nightly.

Also I'd need to have muscle to start with.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Cat pictures?

Geoj fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 6, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Enourmo posted:

Fat

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I've been ingesting many protein shakes and weight training starts Sunday. I'm gonna try to get on a proper schedule with my workouts but the only free time I have to do this ends up being 10pm nightly.

Also I'd need to have muscle to start with.

Muscle is denser than fat, so be ready for your weight loss to stall, or possibly even reverse if you start lifting seriously. Start measuring your progress by your pants/belt size in this case, as you could easily gain weight while actually losing fat and inches.

When I started lifting I was on the very last notch on my belt and weighed about 230. After 6 months I was 235'ish, but I was 4 notches in on the belt, so I was perfectly fine with that, although absolutely need to shed about 40 pounds long-term.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

:laugh:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

So after spending the first two months of the year scrambling to design a new machine, then finding a vendor willing to build the large parts in 6 weeks, then everything coming together on time, the loving freight company has lost my parts. Two three foot square plates, 1" thick, and a 4" stainless tube 6 feet long. If they got here on time I'd still be killing myself to build the machine by my deadline. Now they're a week overdue and still lost. If they don't get here by Monday we miss displaying the machine at a trade show which was the whole point of the mad scramble and tight deadlines.

The missing parts are the core of the machine, so I can't do anything like build the machine halfway and bolt them on later. I'm really screwed here.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Girlfriend's catte
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyRXXWg7ntU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The Locator posted:

Muscle is denser than fat, so be ready for your weight loss to stall, or possibly even reverse if you start lifting seriously. Start measuring your progress by your pants/belt size in this case, as you could easily gain weight while actually losing fat and inches.

When I started lifting I was on the very last notch on my belt and weighed about 230. After 6 months I was 235'ish, but I was 4 notches in on the belt, so I was perfectly fine with that, although absolutely need to shed about 40 pounds long-term.

Seriously, I've said it before but scales are a lovely sign of progress. A tailor's tape can't lie though.

When women lift heavy they can often end up weighing more whilst dropping dress sizes. I don't give a gently caress what I weigh, all I care about is staying roughly the same size for wardrobe purposes but getting a whole bunch stronger.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

cat and dog

I don't think the cat wants to play anymore....

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

I wear 36" waist jeans and that hasn't changed in a very long time despite various changes in weight. ALl my weight is in this beer gut and my face. I don't have any plan to bulk, I just want to get lean again. As advised, I'll be lifting to retain muscle mass, not to get bigger. The last time I was this weight I was using various fat burning supplements and not exercising at all. This time it's all on me.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

orange cats and black cats are the two best kind of cats

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

regal catte

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Water Catte loves water

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

The last time I was this weight I was using various fat burning supplements and not exercising at all. This time it's all on me.

Yeah don't use those, there's no actual scientific evidence they do poo poo other than give you a massive dose of caffeine and some spicy bits.

Current plan is better, just keep to it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PaintVagrant posted:

Water Catte loves water

your cat is broken

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

LloydDobler posted:

The missing parts are the core of the machine, so I can't do anything like build the machine halfway and bolt them on later. I'm really screwed here.

In times like these, go take a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

your cat is broken

He's a dog, basically

• Locked thread