Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

If you have a strong build and prefer to farm endgame content, it can be beneficial do every map's bonus objective for the map tier bonus chance and ignore meticulously crafting your atlas. There are a lot of benefits to shaping strand and being serious about your atlas but I always want to do the highest tier content I can, having all that extra map tier chance helps you swim in T15/T16s. The downside is that you can't stack sextant mods as easily and you end up running a wide variety of tilesets which are sometimes worse or straight up bad for your character but I appreciate the variety myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
This is the first league that I've shaped my atlas and I'm not sure I'm going to do it again. I like the variety, even if some maps are fuckers.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
if you keep running high tier maps you will make money no matter what

shaping your atlas is just making a tradeoff where you get to run the maps you like more often

e.g. clearing a shaped strand takes a lot less time than a crematorium, so if you want efficiency you try to run more shaped strands

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Even last league when I completed almost everything besides guardians/shaper/hogm, I still deliberately never completed Crematorium and Torture Chamber.

gently caress those maps.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Go to /global 1 and link it saying "thanks Hillock".
fixed

funmanguy posted:

Congrats on finding the rarest currency in the game. I would suggest selling it and using the 90+ exalts to do a crazy build or lots of less expensive crazy builds.
Can I interest you in a foil Vinktar, for example?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

theshim posted:

Even last league when I completed almost everything besides guardians/shaper/hogm, I still deliberately never completed Crematorium and Torture Chamber.

gently caress those maps.

fixed

Can I interest you in a foil Vinktar, for example?
Hillock would make it painfully obvious, fix my rear end.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Kuduku. Has to be Kuduku. He is lucky after all.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
You should post "wow, i didn't know that (mirror) dropping in twilight strand counted for the 'lucky' achievement"

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
So I noticed someone running around town with a really teeny tiny character and then it hit me: small characters have shorter footsteps. Abberath's Hooves. Has anyone tried Rat's Nest and a bunch of -1% character size corrupted jewels with Abberath's Hooves?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

McFrugal posted:

So I noticed someone running around town with a really teeny tiny character and then it hit me: small characters have shorter footsteps. Abberath's Hooves. Has anyone tried Rat's Nest and a bunch of -1% character size corrupted jewels with Abberath's Hooves?

Abberath's got nerfed pretty hard by the AE changes and isn't as popular anymore, it's possible this would work but don't think it would make a huge difference since you're already running around really fast and don't need it for bosses as you just VRF them.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

McFrugal posted:

The advantage here is your hitting more for the distance traveled my guess though is getting that -character size won't be worth it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
what if you just wanna be small

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
there is a tiny witch on std that just stands around Sarn, her stuff costs thousands of exalts and she looks super cute :3

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
So I am just now seeing how the economy in LSC is just ridiculous. Looking for some decent gear, not absurdly strong, and the prices are outrageous (at least to me). A vessel vinktar is 112c, helmets that have low rolls are 50-60c, gloves with medium rolls are 30-50c. Just crazy. I have no idea how to craft but I may look into it if it is cheaper to craft than anything. My budget cyclone char is looking a lot better. He can take some serious hits and clear faster than my HOWA char can atm.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I have a tiny scion on standard. Still missing like 10 jewels or something.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Fixit posted:

So I am just now seeing how the economy in LSC is just ridiculous. Looking for some decent gear, not absurdly strong, and the prices are outrageous (at least to me). A vessel vinktar is 112c, helmets that have low rolls are 50-60c, gloves with medium rolls are 30-50c. Just crazy. I have no idea how to craft but I may look into it if it is cheaper to craft than anything. My budget cyclone char is looking a lot better. He can take some serious hits and clear faster than my HOWA char can atm.

I can totally see how that can be a pain in the rear end. But your Meatball cyclone guy has more than 10 levels on your Howa dude. Also your Howa dude doesnt yet have stun immunity, and the meatball dude is a juggernaut.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
At level 68, I'm feeling very vulnerable to Merciless act 4, I died 3 times on the aquaduct, and 4 times on Dominus, so I'm thinking that I'm either underleveled, my build is rear end, or my gear is rear end. I'll fix the gear stuff eventually and idk whether I can salvage the passive build, but for now I'm curious as to the best place to keep running and leveling. Merciless ledge? Cruel dried lake? GhostofJohnCreasy is the character. Skills I'm using are multi-strike+dual-strike, fort-hit+frenzy, warlord's mark.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

scuz posted:

At level 68, I'm feeling very vulnerable to Merciless act 4, I died 3 times on the aquaduct, and 4 times on Dominus, so I'm thinking that I'm either underleveled, my build is rear end, or my gear is rear end. I'll fix the gear stuff eventually and idk whether I can salvage the passive build, but for now I'm curious as to the best place to keep running and leveling. Merciless ledge? Cruel dried lake? GhostofJohnCreasy is the character. Skills I'm using are multi-strike+dual-strike, fort-hit+frenzy, warlord's mark.

Just push to Merc dried lake, fix your resists, and run dried lake until you get enough currency and levels to map.

Do not farm ledge or cruel lake.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

scuz posted:

Why are you playing on standard though

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
As you know, we are working towards releasing a Beta test for our upcoming expansion, The Fall of Oriath. One of the ways to get a Beta key will be to purchase one of our new set of supporter packs. When these packs are launched, the Atlas of Worlds ones will go off sale, forever! We don't know an exact date yet, but are targeting a Beta release in May.

Please whale away and help to fix and balance the game during beta.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Jusupov posted:

Why are you playing on standard though
Cuz this character's ~4 years old, before act 4 even existed :shobon:

interrodactyl posted:

Just push to Merc dried lake, fix your resists, and run dried lake until you get enough currency and levels to map.

Do not farm ledge or cruel lake.
Gotcha. I've been swapping resist rings based on situations, but that's a pain in the rear end.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jusupov posted:

As you know, we are working towards releasing a Beta test for our upcoming expansion, The Fall of Oriath. One of the ways to get a Beta key will be to purchase one of our new set of supporter packs. When these packs are launched, the Atlas of Worlds ones will go off sale, forever! We don't know an exact date yet, but are targeting a Beta release in May.

Please whale away and help to fix and balance the game during beta.

Gonna get in the beta and name my guy "NerfCIandVinktarsAlready"

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

funmanguy posted:

I can totally see how that can be a pain in the rear end. But your Meatball cyclone guy has more than 10 levels on your Howa dude. Also your Howa dude doesnt yet have stun immunity, and the meatball dude is a juggernaut.

Yeah. I'm not going to give up on HOWA just yet. Once I get stun immunity I am hoping I can dish out damage while taking it and survive that way. Was looking at different gear while on break. Lowering the ES on poe.trade search results in cheaper items while still getting some good Int and Res rolls. The HOWA char also only has 4k ES with only one cluster of ES nodes. Maybe after getting stun immunity and some more ES nodes it will be better. Then will be able to farm maps and get currency for vessel vinktar.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Fixit posted:

Yeah. I'm not going to give up on HOWA just yet. Once I get stun immunity I am hoping I can dish out damage while taking it and survive that way. Was looking at different gear while on break. Lowering the ES on poe.trade search results in cheaper items while still getting some good Int and Res rolls. The HOWA char also only has 4k ES with only one cluster of ES nodes. Maybe after getting stun immunity and some more ES nodes it will be better. Then will be able to farm maps and get currency for vessel vinktar.

Post your character if you can, HOWA is one of the most insane builds in the game right now so you should be able to make it feel a-ok.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Mr. Despair posted:

Post your character if you can, HOWA is one of the most insane builds in the game right now so you should be able to make it feel a-ok.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

GGG posted a thing about how item descriptions look.

I really like how the tooltips in Diablo 3 look and wish that the PoE ones were more like it.

Small, but easily readable font, and each mod is bulletpointed and left-aligned.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm playing the first CI character I ever haven't had stun immunity on, but I got 55% stun recovery through hybrid rolls and haven't felt or died to a stun since. Getting them down from 1/3 second to less than 1/6 made them a non-issue and is probably the way I'll deal with it on all future characters, since having an extra open amulet/ring or the extra 40ex you would have spent on Skyforth is great.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Quick look on my phone at your gear (couldn't really look at the tree yet) but you should prioritize int way more. You got a lot of slots with no int on them, and a few slots with mediocre amounts. Int scales your damage and es, so it's a pretty big deal.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fixit posted:

ES gear is expensive. That chaos price is about normal for Vinktars. The staffs to make the map always run 15-20c each. So you're baseline price for a lovely flask would be at least 80c but usually more because people want a profit from running the map. Even more if the flask is good (light to spells, light pen).

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
I made my Witch CI (Vaal) Fireball Elementalist. For now, I really only want to speedfarm lake, but it's not going as fast as I hoped.
Does it require 3 Sac jewels to take off? I'm only having 1 so far.
I'm using the Brightbeak or something for fast shieldcharging.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

from what ive seen you definitely want 2 minimum and eventually 3

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Acht posted:

I made my Witch CI (Vaal) Fireball Elementalist. For now, I really only want to speedfarm lake, but it's not going as fast as I hoped.

In dried lake you can definitely get away with a chill and sac

What's your crit chance?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Acht posted:

3 sac harvests is ideal but I found it to be pretty fast and smooth with 2. Use haste aura to go faster and make sure you're using lightning golem as 1 of your golems. Also use the wise oak flask with your fire resist being highest. Long term you want to get an added lightning damage to spells vinktar, and then balance your fire and lightning resists to get the most out of it with wise oak. Use a diamond flask too. An essence of horror helmet will make your regular fireball into a pseudo 5 link. Increased effect of lightning golem buff enchant on helm is ideal but spendy. Also essence of insanity gloves for even faster shield charging.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/facepalmolive/characters
Gear has a lot of room for improvement because I hadn't finished upgrading out of my leveling set yet (ring + amulet, flasks, CWDT+IC setup).

I'm going melee life-based evasion purely because I've never done evasion before. This is also the first time I've tried making my own build. How do I stop my health from ping-ponging all over the place (or worse, getting one-shot)?

I'm running fortify on whirling blades and arctic armor. I could do some blasphemy-enfeeble setup, but it's the ranged mobs that are most dangerous for me. Should I maybe ditch the Jade flask for Stibnite? And maybe run a Basalt?

No Vaal Pact because this is largely Abyssal Cry-based for trash clearing (so no Cloaked in Savagery + Vaal Pact shenanigans either).

Peewi posted:

I really like how the tooltips in Diablo 3 look and wish that the PoE ones were more like it.

Small, but easily readable font, and each mod is bulletpointed and left-aligned.

Honestly, I think NOT using all-caps for everything alone will do wonders for readability.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 6, 2017

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Your gloves are terrible, your helmet doesn't have enough ES on it, you would be much better with good rare boots. Why are you taking so much mana leech?

Edit: Missed the Accuracy on the gloves so they aren't terrible. Still not great.

ShutteredIn fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 6, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

facepalmolive posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/facepalmolive/characters
Gear has a lot of room for improvement because I hadn't finished upgrading out of my leveling set yet (ring + amulet, flasks, CWDT+IC setup).

I'm going melee life-based evasion purely because I've never done evasion before. This is also the first time I've tried making my own build. How do I stop my health from ping-ponging all over the place (or worse, getting one-shot)?

I'm running fortify on whirling blades and arctic armor. I could do some blasphemy-enfeeble setup, but it's the ranged mobs that are most dangerous for me. Should I maybe ditch the Jade flask for Stibnite? And maybe run a Basalt?

No Vaal Pact because this is largely Abyssal Cry-based for trash clearing (so no Cloaked in Savagery + Vaal Pact shenanigans either).

Honestly, I think NOT using all-caps for everything alone will do wonders for readability.

I don't know why you're using Voidheart with Poison support but unless you're crit dagger Assassin you shouldn't really be using Voidheart for poison (because that's the only class that achieves 100% between tree + Voidheart). Also you really should buy some %chaos crafted jewelry and get a 5L at least.

Also I don't think you need the ascendancy to buff Abyssal Cry for trash clearing and at the very least I don't think you can excuse not getting Vaal Pact. The 1% life/mana leech ascendancy should be enough to sustain your mana and I'd go for this tree: https://www.poeurl.com/bfAs

Note I dropped Acro because it's really far away for you. Also, if you're not gonna care about what weapon type you're using then you should see about getting a 2.0+ aps sword with flat chaos roll or just use Mortem Morsu cause of free poison.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

ShutteredIn posted:

Your gloves are terrible, your helmet doesn't have enough ES on it, you would be much better with good rare boots. Why are you taking so much mana leech?

Edit: Missed the Accuracy on the gloves so they aren't terrible. Still not great.

so on gloves I am looking for Int, accuracy, and resistances? Do I need a certain ES amount on them? I have about 50c left and trying to budget gear wise.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Thanks! Very much appreciate the info and Making Me a Better Player.

I thought Voidheart lets you get an additional free poison stack? (i.e., each hit has a ~130(ish)% chance of applying 2 stacks of poison) Is this not true? On a similar note, if I'm running Mortem Morsu and also linking my attack gem to poison, will I get 2 stacks per hit? But yeah, after trying out Voidheart I'm not too sold on it either.

This was originally supposed to be an Abyssal Cry build but you're right; I think I've been forcing the skill too hard.

What about survivability though? I feel like I'm currently limited by my health spiking (just over 5k hp, 51% base evasion, + Acro dodge stuff) more so than my damage right now, so that's the more immediate issue I need to fix. Or will Vaal Pact just carry me through on the survivability front? poeurl seems to be down for me; will try again later tonight.

e: by 'survivability' I mean I get hit hard by Chayula breach bosses and Beyond bosses in around T7-T8 and I have to play super carefully. Trash survivability is no problem because they blow up instantly.

vvvvv: well gently caress

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 7, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

facepalmolive posted:

I thought Voidheart lets you get an additional free poison stack? (i.e., each hit has a ~130(ish)% chance of applying 2 stacks of poison) Is this not true? On a similar note, if I'm running Mortem Morsu and also linking my attack gem to poison, will I get 2 stacks per hit? But yeah, after trying out Voidheart I'm not too sold on it either.

Um....no. Unless something specifies otherwise, you can only apply 1 stack of something per hit (only thing I can think of that overrides that is Sudden Ignition giving you 2 ignite stacks for Burning Arrow). Having over 100% chance to Poison is just overkill. The only reason to have Poison support while using Mortem Morsu would be the increased poison damage property on the gem, but even then there are much better choices for that gem slot.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Thanks for the great advice re: fireball. Going to add a jewel and try to grab as many of the other things as possible. Any ideas for links on vaal + fireball?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

whypick1 posted:

Um....no. Unless something specifies otherwise, you can only apply 1 stack of something per hit (only thing I can think of that overrides that is Sudden Ignition giving you 2 ignite stacks for Burning Arrow). Having over 100% chance to Poison is just overkill. The only reason to have Poison support while using Mortem Morsu would be the increased poison damage property on the gem, but even then there are much better choices for that gem slot.

Doesn't Sudden Ignition just allow two ignites, while still requiring two hits?

• Locked thread