Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lovely Wizard posted:

You're familiar with the alt policy and the commie bear gimmick poster stopped posting once you started posting again.

Trap laid and set off.

every time i post you're not posting and every time you post i'm not posting!!!!

YOU'RE ME

excellent :synpa: getting back in form here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
familiar with the policy lol the rules are like 2 pages long haven't you read them once in the last 4 years?

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I am actually Mordin it's true.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

gently caress da rules no mods no masters

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

COMRADES posted:

I knew it!

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Moridin920 posted:

familiar with the policy lol the rules are like 2 pages long haven't you read them once in the last 4 years?

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

COMRADES posted:

No I'm Mordin.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I'd wager that Comrade is one of the dudes that caught a 100,000 probe, but whatever the case, I'm glad we can all be friends and engage in friendly back in forth and even sometimes agree

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

new phone who dis posted:

When the Soviet Union fell and there was nowhere left cool to be a communist all the radicals fled to academia to regroup and rebrand into the dumb modern identity politics bullshit we're getting bombarded with these days. The irony is that they've completely lost any attempt to appeal to the average working class person even a little and it's pretty much elitist and bougie pricks using that cudgel to perpetrate class warfare.
Campus P.C. leftism is also a broader cultural thing. It's Pomo politics. Identities are created by power relations and must be deconstructed. Language creates the world and "words have power." I mean that's basically "meme magic" for the right. We can remake our realities and change consciousness through manipulation of symbols and language.

Or in advertising:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8XUBPl_A84

But fixing structural racism, for the left ... is a lot harder. As it will be equally difficult for the right which seeks to return America to ... I dunno ... an Eisenhower-era golden age or something like that. I'm pessimistic.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 6, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Wikkheiser posted:

Campus P.C. leftism is also a broader cultural thing. It's Pomo politics. Identities are created by power relations and must be deconstructed. Language creates the world and "words have power." I mean that's basically "meme magic" for the right. We can remake our realities and change consciousness through manipulation of symbols and language.

Or in advertising:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8XUBPl_A84

But fixing structural racism, for the left ... is a lot harder. As it will be on the right which seeks to return America to ... I dunno ... an Eisenhower-era golden age or something like that. I'm pessimistic.

It's easy actually, end war on drugs, create tons of jobs through legalization

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

...b.b.b.b.b..BUT

*wrings hands*

*looks around*

think of the children!!!

*gets shitface drunk every weekend*

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

No that's an objective, reality-based thing that would work, which is why it won't happen.

Instead, we solved racism by electing a black president, who solved racism through sheer symbolic meme power, but since he was a racist against white people we elected an orange president who healed the racial divisions which bedeviled us by remaking our very consciousness, but in fact, the orange man is a racist. Therefore, we should

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nut to Butt posted:

Suck my dick, Moridin, you're not fooling anyone.

Ban for evading probation if true

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Uhm, excuse me but Hillary did win. It seems you guys forgot that reality has a liberal bias.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Moridin920 posted:

...b.b.b.b.b..BUT

*wrings hands*

*looks around*

think of the children!!!

*gets shitface drunk every weekend*

*See a group of college students smoking grass*
I can't believe you kids put that poison in your body!!! That money goes to back to Al Qaida!!!
*Takes a bite of a crunchwrap from Taco Bell then passes out from mixing alcohol with prescribed opiates again.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
lol what but im so mad!!!!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Trump will be America's Julius Caesar

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

a bone to pick posted:

What's the Rubicon moment?

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
think it was when all the rubes were conned into voting trump ayyyyyy

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Does Senator Tortimer have the grapes to be Brutus, though?

I don't really care, it's just that that nickname sprang into my head and I wanted to share.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

The Groper posted:

What's the Rubicon moment?

When Trump drives a Jeep Rubicon into the wall.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

a bone to pick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a5nfaPgExo

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
If you think this current political shitstorm is bad, watch what happens if Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
can lich's die?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

rezatahs posted:

think it was when all the rubes were conned into voting trump ayyyyyy

A rare genuine lol from the trump thread

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Waterbed Wendy posted:

can lich's die?

I'm pretty sure someone from the DNC stops by every morning to infuse her with a baby blood transfusion and run her on a treadmill like a hamster.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Weekend at Bernie's 3: Supreme Court Edition.

Zajajaja
Jan 10, 2008

Waterbed Wendy posted:

can lich's die?

Well that one Rockafeller died, so either they CAN die or somewhere someone hosed up a phylactry.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah but they killed that servant who dropped it while dusting and also his entire family so u kno

high stakes

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Man, I wanted to watch that white helmets documentary on netflix but apparently its just a bunch of jihadists cosplaying as aid workers, color me dissapointed :(

https://clarityofsignal.com/2017/02/27/massive-white-helmets-photo-cache-proves-hollywood-gave-oscar-to-terrorist-group/

more lol: https://web.archive.org/web/2013012...lame-Assad.html

ps: Trump good

pss: gently caress the mods

Gasbraai fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 6, 2017

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The No Agenda guys debunked the white helmets months ago, I thought it was common knowledge that they are frauds.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
there is still people that think they are aid workers and still some media outlets that push that

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lunixnerd posted:

Man, I wanted to watch that white helmets documentary on netflix but apparently its just a bunch of jihadists cosplaying as aid workers, color me dissapointed :(

https://clarityofsignal.com/2017/02/27/massive-white-helmets-photo-cache-proves-hollywood-gave-oscar-to-terrorist-group/

more lol: https://web.archive.org/web/2013012...lame-Assad.html

ps: Trump good

pss: gently caress the mods

Isn't the daily mail a Tabloid news site? The article says they got intel from infowars.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
and that article was deleted so unless you're assuming the shadow gov't told them to delete it, it was probably way too inaccurate/bullshit even for the daily mail

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

end war on drugs
About that....

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Moridin owes the white helmets absolutely nothing yet he is defending them.

They are frauds, they are actors and make up artists. It's been proven time and time again.

You are so easily fooled.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Moridin owes the white helmets absolutely nothing yet he is defending them.

They are frauds, they are actors and make up artists. It's been proven time and time again.

tfw i am agreeing with prorat instead of moridin

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Prorat posted:

I'm not surprised that White Helmets are mixed up with jihadis but this stuff is also pretty common in war zones.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/reporter-shoots-at-isis

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wikkheiser posted:

I'm not surprised that White Helmets are mixed up with jihadis but this stuff is also pretty common in war zones.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/reporter-shoots-at-isis

Are there any articles that aren't from sites with names like angrypatriot.com that connect them with bad people? I'm not saying it's not true, I'm just a bit overly cautious where I get news from now. It's pretty sad if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Scary! posted:

Are there any articles that aren't from sites with names like angrypatriot.com that connect them with bad people? I'm not saying it's not true, I'm just a bit overly cautious where I get news from now. It's pretty sad if so.

Those types of sites are more legitimate than Politico, Buzzfeed, MSNBC, NBC, CNN, CBS, Fox News, Snopes, ETC ETC.

• Locked thread