Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

NC sports talk radio this morning seemed to be unironically mad about people being racist against white running backs.

:heritage:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/850020468614725633

nonononononon

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Lol

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Wow. And here I was thinking "is this too high" when I was hoping the Eagles would take a hard look at him at 14

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Oh my god. I hope the panthers dont take McCaffrey. I had my heart set on Fournette.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh word?

https://twitter.com/andy_benoit/status/850050725996404737

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Hahahhahahahah

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Not sure why people don't think Mccaffery will be good

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FizFashizzle posted:

dont loving do it dave

Sounds like you guys need HAL

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

a neat cape posted:

I think the real concern among Panthers posters is that their O-line is a tire fire and drafting a RB (either Fournette or McCaffery, doesn't matter who) that high won't solve the underlying problem.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Benne posted:

I think the real concern among Panthers posters is that their O-line is a tire fire and drafting a RB (either Fournette or McCaffery, doesn't matter who) that high won't solve the underlying problem.

I dont think our O-line is as bad as all that. We had a lot of injuries last year.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

carolina no don't do it

Benne posted:

Run blocking isn't the line's problem. Just about everyone on that line is a good to great run blocker. The problem is that no one can stop Cam from getting killed every other play

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Does he break tackles/make people miss? Stanford is known for a really good zone blocking scheme iirc, and I looked at their RBs since Shaw came in, McCaffrey's stats are best but several guys had 5+ ypc. The couple times I saw him he seemed to benefit a lot from the scheme.

edit: his 10 reps on the bench press are 1st percentile :lol: an NFL RB probably should have a strong upper body

ragle fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 6, 2017

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Dave is obsessed with measurables, no way does he take an RB with none at 8th overall.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

zimbomonkey posted:

Dave is obsessed with measurables, no way does he take an RB with none at 8th overall.

Tattoos: 0
Skin Color: White

Good enough!

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
The Panthers have said their top priority is to protect Cam from getting hit as much this season. That means two things: improving pass protection and getting him help in the run game. No way we take a RB who projects to be a 10-12 carry guy who will come off the field in short yardage situations. Fournette could take 75% of those short yardage runs from Cam and we would still be effective.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
hot take central itt

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Id rather them draft oj howard too high

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the best players to draft are the ones who do well after signing With any of the teams and really just playing some good stinking football, or a different sport if thats what they wind up doing. hell i'm just speculating

edit It looks like i actually was thinking of 'free agency' instead of the draft. I dont know what the hell the other one is

edit 2 well i've figured things out and it even applies to the previous situation most likely.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 7, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

The Lombardi GM'd Browns had Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell and Brian Hoyer. Lombardi added Hoyer and Campbell. Yup should listen to ths.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Cavauro posted:

the best players to draft are the ones who do well after signing With any of the teams and really just playing some good stinking football, or a different sport if thats what they wind up doing. hell i'm just speculating

edit It looks like i actually was thinking of 'free agency' instead of the draft. I dont know what the hell the other one is

edit 2 well i've figured things out and it even applies to the previous situation most likely.

:wtc:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Cavauro posted:

Yeah this is about right for a Bengals fan

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think the first QB off the board this year is Kizer. Most NFL ready out of the big bodied QBs and a bunch of coaches probably believe they can mold him. Then probably Trubisky. I just don't see Watson going that high but watch me eat crow when some franchise is dumb as gently caress with him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Flikken posted:

The Lombardi GM'd Browns had Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell and Brian Hoyer. Lombardi added Hoyer and Campbell. Yup should listen to ths.

Weeden wasn't a 3 year starter and only proves Lombardi's methodology is sound. :colbert:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Weeden wasn't a 3 year starter and only proves Lombardi's methodology is sound. :colbert:

Or Weeden just...sucked?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah this is about right for a Bengals fan

andey!!!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
GOT HIM

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah maybe Mcaffery will be good, but taking any RB in the top 10 short of like a Peterson talent in TYOOL 2017 is a huge waste of resources.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just take Fournette ffs.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I think the concern is that fournette won't make it to 8.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Is this the year? In three weeks when the draft starts is it finally going to be the day TFF spontaneously combusts when three RBs are taken in the top 10?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Strobe posted:

Is this the year? In three weeks when the draft starts is it finally going to be the day TFF spontaneously combusts when three RBs are taken in the top 10?

Probably not, no.

It'll be the year I stay up way too late to watch the Chiefs first round selection, only for them to trade out of the first round.

Oh that was last year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

I think the concern is that fournette won't make it to 8.

Than you take cook.

Mccaffery would be good for someone like belichick or reid. Its retarded putting him in Shula's offense.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

BlindSite posted:

Than you take cook.

Mccaffery would be good for someone like belichick or reid. Its retarded putting him in Shula's offense.

Cook is a walking IR list attendee

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

howard or adams

Run a two tight end set and find some running back to follow up jonathan stewart, or set up your secondary for the next five years

bing bong so simple

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

howard or adams

Run a two tight end set and find some running back to follow up jonathan stewart, or set up your secondary for the next five years

bing bong so simple

That works for me too.

Or just try like gently caress to trade back.

That two tight end set we had with shockey and olsen when chud ran the offense gets my dick hard just thinking about it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yea but Cecil Lammey is a loving idiot though

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

FizFashizzle posted:

howard or adams

bing bong so simple

No way Adams falls to 8 after running a sub 4.4. He might not fall past 3. Fournette might not fall past 5-6 since he also had a good Pro Day.

I think realistically it's Fournette if he is there, or one of the corners or DEs.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

howard or adams

bing bong so simple

I don't think Adams would ever happen... DG doesn't seem to value safeties at all and we just signed Mike Adams so he's probably thinking "good enough."

But FUUUUUCKKKK I want Jamal Adams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Slowpoke! posted:

No way Adams falls to 8 after running a sub 4.4. He might not fall past 3. Fournette might not fall past 5-6 since he also had a good Pro Day.

I think realistically it's Fournette if he is there, or one of the corners or DEs.

Corners won't happen either, at least not at 8. They would want to let worley get the chance to develop into a number 2 for at least one more year before going back to that well. I could definitely see Barnett being the pick if Fournette isn't available.

Also Fiz, I'm loling at the idea that shula could effectively use a 2 TE set.

• Locked thread