Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

AngryBooch posted:

No fuckin way

It's real.

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/06/patch-1-05-multiplayer-balance-updates/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Interrupt melee how? Do they just stagger you back?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

And for the record, it'll mostly just mean people switching over to the Black Widow, if they have it. It was only a mark or two behind the Vanquisher.

But at least the Widow is something like double the weight of the Vanq so the opportunity cost of lugging it is a little more balanced.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

Considering how bad the soft cover system is I figured Barricade would suck but then I played Sentinel and surprise it's great.

It's good for locking down Berserkers, drop one in a doorway and watch the dumb Krogan who can't jump sit there like a dumbass.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Adaptive War Amp is in the Store now. 70 mission funds, +15% biotic power. Should be fun with AssDept

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Did the patch fix anyone of the network issues at least?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

RBA Starblade posted:

Did the patch fix anyone of the network issues at least?

It feels a little better, but I've only played two games so far.

Of course Vanquisher was bugged, it was a rare that was objectively better by a wide margin than its UR counterpart.

Every enemy so far has felt like they took an across the board 20% health nerf in the two Bronze Apex Missions I've done. I'm going to do the silver and gold ones and see if I'm just imagining things.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
The Kroguard's rage effect seems to be blue now?

Bronze did feel a bit easier. Enemies seemed to die quicker even if I didnt feel any more powerful

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
If I'm reading these balance changes right the Predator pistol is better than a Mattock in terms of damage and fire rate. And only weighs 3 lbs. compared to 19 lbs.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Zikan posted:

lol that explains quite a bit

It explains why my goddamn damage modeling couldn't explain why the vanquisher was 1 shotting gold raiders with a head shot.

It's still super competitive to the black widow, and should pull ahead with 25% gun damage bonus. The next breakpoint on the black Widow is like 80% gun damage bonus, so great for turbocharged soldiers who want to 1 hit bodyshot kill a Chosen.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

AngryBooch posted:

If I'm reading these balance changes right the Predator pistol is better than a Mattock in terms of damage and fire rate. And only weighs 3 lbs. compared to 19 lbs.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

AngryBooch posted:

Um... yeah. Some other benefits to the Mattock, but yeah, less damage and fire rate.

Going from Predator to Mattock, both at X:

66 (-10) Damage
405 (-45) RoF
16 (+1) Max mag size
350 (+121) Max ammo
75 (+10) Accuracy
13 (+10) Weight

E: Note this is on a human adept with 5% weapon damage bonus, so numbers aren't completely stock.

E2: Accurate damage numbers are 63 (-9)

Av027 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 6, 2017

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Whatever they did to the reload animations made the Charger reload substantially quicker.

I'm also almost certain enemies have less health, Silver also felt significantly easier than it did pre-patch. Kett are still cancer tho.

Edit: pre-patch Ruzad IV made level 20 novaguard very slightly overweight. Now it's just under par.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Some of the mp patch notes made me double check if today was April 1st again.

quote:

The hydra’s sync attack is now lethal.
To keep the identity of the Mattock as an assault rifle that fires as quickly as you can pull the trigger, we left the rate of fire unchanged and lowered the damage per round.
Enemy attacks can now interrupt a meleeing player, which means you’ll have to bring more than your fists to a gun fight.
Fixed a bug that caused the Vanquisher to have an extra 100% headshot bonus

:wtc:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

Whatever they did to the reload animations made the Charger reload substantially quicker.

I'm also almost certain enemies have less health, Silver also felt significantly easier than it did pre-patch. Kett are still cancer tho.

Edit: pre-patch Ruzad IV made level 20 novaguard very slightly overweight. Now it's just under par.

So is this going to be like vermintide where we have to test everything for two weeks after a patch just to scientifically uncover the actual patch notes

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Btw new map AND character out now: https://youtu.be/797fxxBj-mk

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Digirat posted:

Yeah because it's all the devs tested on. You'll just be getting less money. So do you want to have fun or do you want to get money? Based on an estimated ultra rare rate of 25% from expert packs and 180 unique instances of ultra rare items, you'll just need 72 million credits to max out everything, or 7.2 thousand bronze games where everyone makes it to the extraction! Up and at em, tiger!

at 13 minutes per match, a mere 65 continuous days of gameplay

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

MarshyMcFly posted:

Why in the gently caress is Kandros channeling Cave Johnson here? He doesn't act like that at all in the game.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Digirat posted:

So is this going to be like vermintide where we have to test everything for two weeks after a patch just to scientifically uncover the actual patch notes

I dunno. Gold didn't feel any different. The reload thing is in the patch notes.

None of the other weapons I've used seem to have different weights but I didn't check closely.

Also it's not a new map it's just the map they've been using for the special weekly missions. I really wish they'd put it in regular rotation. :(

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
So uh, is this worth getting just for the multiplayer

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
For $20 maybe

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Grondoth posted:

Not really at the moment,nope.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
I have 10 strike mission on the app. Never had more than 4 before.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Grondoth posted:

The 2-week balance patch hosed it up even more, so no, not really. I'd give it a few months then check back.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it didn't really 'gently caress it up even more', it was just extremely underwhelming.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

If all you want is the multiplayer, I'd just get me3 honestly. I think this game has the potential to be real good, and the higher mobility is lots of fun, but the MP isn't worth $60 when me3 is much cheaper. Not yet anyway.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Hopefully they did this by the end of May when I can actually play.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You can also safely cheatengine in millions of credits to give yourself everything in mass effect 3, if you just want to screw around while you wait for bioware to make the remaining 90% of the content be gold viable in andromeda

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Beat Gold on my first try! Human Vanguard level 14 with Bastion and a Charger VIII. Bastion is broken as gently caress. I punched out a destroyer and picked up comrades while three or four guys were shooting me in the face thanks to it.

I didn't even level up, despite using an xp booster. I don't like how slow leveling is now. Especially since it's per character and not per class.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RBA Starblade posted:

Beat Gold on my first try! Human Vanguard level 14 with Bastion and a Charger VIII. Bastion is broken as gently caress. I punched out a destroyer and picked up comrades while three or four guys were shooting me in the face thanks to it.

I didn't even level up, despite using an xp booster. I don't like how slow leveling is now. Especially since it's per character and not per class.

I think the leveling is fairly ok. The game has only been out a couple weeks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tsyni posted:

I think the leveling is fairly ok. The game has only been out a couple weeks

It didn't take all that many games to hit level 20 in ME3 though.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

RBA Starblade posted:

It didn't take all that many games to hit level 20 in ME3 though.

The assumption was people would keep hitting prestige for more war assets so the time to 20 was much lower.

Played three gold games post patch, human vanguard is still fine. Played with the new salarian and kept trying to charge the VI the first few waves.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
My friends and I just cleared gold on our first attempt. We're all level 15 ish with varying gear and skill levels so it got a bit hairy, but it was fun as hell. I'm really.loving the N7 Valiant sniper rifle, just sucks it's gonna take ages to rank up since it's an ultra rare.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Ambaire posted:

Some of the mp patch notes made me double check if today was April 1st again.

:wtc:

I like the "you'll have to bring more than your fists to a gun fight" line, people flocked to bringing their fists to a gun fight because the fists do damage and the guns don't

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it didn't really 'gently caress it up even more', it was just extremely underwhelming.
The two most effective things pre-patch (melee and the vanquisher) got slight nerfs. Biotic powers, combos, and shotguns got ignored despite desperately needing improvements. ARs got such a slight increase in damage that I'm not sure anyone would have noticed if they weren't called out in the patch. One of the worst pistols in the game got nerfed. Meanwhile they buffed a bunch of the AI units and actually added a sync kill for outlaws. That's a lot more than just 'underwhelming' to me.

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I don't know, I'd lean towards the hosed it up even more side considering everyone was like "melee is ok but guns and powers should be closer to on par as it" and they took it as "melee needs a nerf and guns barely need anything, also gently caress powers in general".

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Well now I've got an excuse to finish the singleplayer.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The difference really is incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_KwM2SyeM

Like it's still no Witcher 3/Horizon Zero Dawn but people are now recognizably human.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Alteisen posted:

Interrupt melee how? Do they just stagger you back?

Yeah basically. I have not yet had any enemy other than Nullifiers do it, but I imagine others can.

They can throw one melee out for every two of yours and because your melee animation locks you in you can't dash circle strafe around them in between hits. If you use Bastion you can just charge them when your shields break and then keep booping them tho. It just makes Nullifiers an unattractive melee target if they're around other enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

MarshyMcFly posted:

I hope Kandros gets drunker and drunker as new multiplayer content comes out over time.

• Locked thread