Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hagie posted:

Holy Christ the gil needed to craft this poo poo

I only have 600k...

Exploration grinding gives a lot of gil. You can knock out two birds with one egg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
are enhancements out yet?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

If you already have like 5 dual wield/Genji Glove, is there any reason to grab Second Knife?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Peachfart posted:

If you already have like 5 dual wield/Genji Glove, is there any reason to grab Second Knife?

Arena shenanigans, breakers. Otherwise it's pretty meh. I'd pick it up anyway because it's a unique item.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Was Nox ever fixed? The current build of Memu I'm using (the one people say is the most stable) still crashes fairly often.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Skyridge posted:

Was Nox ever fixed? The current build of Memu I'm using (the one people say is the most stable) still crashes fairly often.

yeah it was fixed a while ago. I use it since memu always turned Aero off in windows for me.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

MohShuvuu posted:

Should be next week after maintenance we'll start seeing the enhancements. That's the info I've seen anyways.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I burned six tickets going for Xon. Gentlemen, it doesn't get much worse than this:

Aiden
Aiden
Shadow
Aiden
Cerius

And just to cement this as the worst sequence of pulls I've ever had, ticket number six could only be:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MohShuvuu posted:

2nd week of the egg event.
After eggs, Ariana should be back with a new tier of fights and new rewards.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

:drat:

The only way that pull could've been worse would be a troll Rakashaka rainbow crystal

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
I don't know if this is a bug, but "giving" the event staff to Aiden in the vortex doesn't actually remove it from your inventory, so be sure to visit him after crafting it for a free 5000 eggs

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I rage pulled. Never do this by the way.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

I'm trying to figure this even out but where do i get rainbow eggs? Do they drop like metal eggs but are just super rare?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Garth_Marenghi posted:

I'm trying to figure this even out but where do i get rainbow eggs? Do they drop like metal eggs but are just super rare?

Metal eggs are used to do the Egg Summon, which in turn drops rainbow, blue, and red eggs in addition to stuff like gil turtles and metal cactuars.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

Metal eggs are used to do the Egg Summon, which in turn drops rainbow, blue, and red eggs in addition to stuff like gil turtles and metal cactuars.

Thank you, so I've just been unlucky drop-wise.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Thank you, so I've just been unlucky drop-wise.

On a 5000 metal egg summon I typically get 1-5 rainbow eggs.

Krynn
Dec 12, 2005
Professional Lurker

Skyridge posted:

I'm not sure if this is just anecdotal or not but since I switched from the Nox launcher to the Nova launcher I haven't crashed yet.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

On a 5000 metal egg summon I typically get 1-5 rainbow eggs.

i've done around 10000 with none dropping.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Getting lots of megacites from egg summons. I'm liking this event so far. I threw Xon up as my friend unit to help.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Krynn posted:

I'm not sure if this is just anecdotal or not but since I switched from the Nox launcher to the Nova launcher I haven't crashed yet.

Does Nova take Nox macros or something?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Threw up my Locke with extra HP/MP and Thief's Bracer for the event, since I doubt I'll get Xon or any other easter units here. I'm afraid I blew all my luck getting Queen and Gilgamesh back to back during the PC banner. :smith:

Aw gently caress, I just realized that Xon steals gil along with items when you use Waylay. Now I have absolutely no idea how I'll keep my clears straight during explorations. :psyduck:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
guess I will collect as many materials as possible since i am not a gilzillionaire yet

Right now I am utilizing this event to clear back logged story quests that i didnt do "3 limit bursts" on just because i pressed auto and pile drove through it.

On that note, gently caress "Assault Style" required battles, as well as the one that requires Nichol to be fully leveled.

Krynn
Dec 12, 2005
Professional Lurker

Skyridge posted:

Does Nova take Nox macros or something?

It's still Nox, but it's not using the built in Nox launcher that always tries to install stuff and switch screens when it crashes. You can get the Nova launcher from the Play store. You have to rename the Nox launcher's apk or it will keep trying to take over though.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Threw up my Locke with extra HP/MP and Thief's Bracer for the event, since I doubt I'll get Xon or any other easter units here. I'm afraid I blew all my luck getting Queen and Gilgamesh back to back during the PC banner. :smith:

Aw gently caress, I just realized that Xon steals gil along with items when you use Waylay. Now I have absolutely no idea how I'll keep my clears straight during explorations. :psyduck:

The reason you can track via gil is because there's a set number of battles. If you're doing it manually, you can just check there.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Snowy_Woods/Exploration

For example, Snowy Woods. Zone 1 has 14 battles, Zone 2 has 7. Count your battles, and move on.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Xon's spell steal ability does work on bosses. Someone tested it against Gilgamesh's +300% stat buff and it worked:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/63wfzt/xons_twist_of_fate_works_on_bosses/

So.... I guess he's a must-pull unit now. :( (I wanted him anyway so I guess that's cool)

edit: In retrospect, I can't think of any super game-changing buffs you might be able to steal from bosses like Gilgamesh's 300%. And even then, I have no idea how long the buffs last.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 7, 2017

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well this chat made me blow my tix looking for Xon and my consolation prize was my first Noctis. As a bonus I didn't cash in my 100x cactaurs from Mog yet so it's an easy level to 100. I need to grind a second dual wield and blade mastery now, but that's first world problems. Once I get that DW I'm going to have 3 Lightnings gathering dust on the bench

My main share is an 1100 Olive, should I put my second best gear on TGC or Noctis?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Is Snowy Woods Exploration hosed? I am trying to get the 3 items in the North East corner and it will not let me on the ice regardless of the direction I approach.

Nargiddley
Jul 30, 2006

hagie posted:

Is Snowy Woods Exploration hosed? I am trying to get the 3 items in the North East corner and it will not let me on the ice regardless of the direction I approach.

That area is gated behind a quest

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Magi_Nation_Mysidia#Perfect_Forecast.3F

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Xon's spell steal ability does work on bosses. Someone tested it against Gilgamesh's +300% stat buff and it worked:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/63wfzt/xons_twist_of_fate_works_on_bosses/

So.... I guess he's a must-pull unit now. :( (I wanted him anyway so I guess that's cool)

edit: In retrospect, I can't think of any super game-changing buffs you might be able to steal from bosses like Gilgamesh's 300%. And even then, I have no idea how long the buffs last.

Lol this is either gonna be the most game broken ability that you'll wish you whaled for or Gumi will tweak boss fights in the future to account for it. Hex Strike 2.0, here we come!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Scrublord Prime posted:

The only way that pull could've been worse would be a troll Rakashaka rainbow crystal

I pulled my first Rakshasha today. :v:

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I'm sure some bosses can have "you dun hosed up" super buffs that last on them for 999 turns so if Xon copies the duration as well then.. yeah.

e: an 11 pull gave me 3 4* units and they were seven, luka, and another loving refia. And several more Aidens. Threw away 10 more tickets and got two gold crystals with garnet and loving soleil. I think I've seen 6 or 7 gold crystals in 20-30 pulls and none were Xon. :suicide:

I can tell that Xon will be another "gently caress you you can't have them" 4* unit like Ling was for me.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 7, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Well I pulled an Aiden.

Not really into this unit with a millennial name

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Decided to use 5 tickets to try for Xon.

Of course, I missed Xon. I did get a second Chizuru and then a second Orlandu.

Then I pulled 2 more and got Xon.

I think I'll be out of luck for a while.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I hate this event.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

It really isn't too bad, primarily because i am about to make some Hero Rings and get my Espers caught up because its been raining mats

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is everybody having fun playing Menu Navigation Simulator 2017...

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Grinding Fina's Psyche has given me almost enough eggs to make all the gear I want. After mogcakes and shining splendors, I think I can live with burning through content in a day.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I pulled my first Rakshasha today. :v:

I'm sure some bosses can have "you dun hosed up" super buffs that last on them for 999 turns so if Xon copies the duration as well then.. yeah.

e: an 11 pull gave me 3 4* units and they were seven, luka, and another loving refia. And several more Aidens. Threw away 10 more tickets and got two gold crystals with garnet and loving soleil. I think I've seen 6 or 7 gold crystals in 20-30 pulls and none were Xon. :suicide:

I can tell that Xon will be another "gently caress you you can't have them" 4* unit like Ling was for me.

there's a comment down the thread discussing why xon is overrated so dunno if he is a must have to chase

i'm getting the daily ticket bundles for sure and most likely doing all the daily pulls too

wish i had more lapis left after chasing orlandu heh

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Well I really just wanted a Xon but I'll take a triple rainbow 11-pull.
Daily, 16 tickets, and 2 11-pulls until Xon. First 11-pull was the triple rainbow and the second had Xon.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Fiss posted:

Daily, 16 tickets, and 2 11-pulls until Xon. First 11-pull was the triple rainbow and the second had Xon.

Meanwhile I'm doing an 11 pull and getting my 6th and 7th Mercedes and 7th Chizuru. No Xons.

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cry Havoc posted:

there's a comment down the thread discussing why xon is overrated so dunno if he is a must have to chase

i'm getting the daily ticket bundles for sure and most likely doing all the daily pulls too

wish i had more lapis left after chasing orlandu heh

I know, I just kinda wanted him but I went about 30 pulls (the 11 pull and some tickets) with only a bunch of aidens and other dupes to show for it so I'm just going to 1/2 pull and save for Rikku. Still sitting at 70 tickets and a bunch of lapis though. :shrug:

Fiss posted:

:staredog:

• Locked thread