Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Batman is basically the least cool guy in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Lurdiak posted:

Batman is basically the least cool guy in the world.

There's a reason Batman dumps all of his social obligations on Bruce Wayne.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

What's great is that Batman follows this up with a speech about the unceasing darkness of the real world which Superman responds to in an appropriately Superman way. Batman is then a few pages later captured by an evil cow.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What issue is that, anyway?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Superman #20 that came out today.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

X-O posted:

What's great is that Batman follows this up with a speech about the unceasing darkness of the real world which Superman responds to in an appropriately Superman way. Batman is then a few pages later captured by an evil cow.

....does Batcow save them :pray:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jerusalem posted:

To be determined. Batman went to investigate the cow and milked it and then the milk turned into black goo and captured him.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Latest Spider-Man/Deadpool. Deadpool has roped Spider-Man and Van Helsing's descendant to find Dracula with the Van Helsing Dracula Finding Stick. So Deadpool can recruit Dracula to stop his wife from taking over Manhattan to make it a home for her monster subjects. It's not his best plan.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Is it good Dracula or Lame Dracula?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Is it good Dracula or Lame Dracula?

I don't want to spoil the issue (unless no one cares about current issues in here), but it's Not What You Expect Dracula. I leave it at that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

We can only pray.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Why are they all in costume? Don't they all know each other?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

John Dyne posted:

Why are they all in costume? Don't they all know each other?

After checking out the issue,

Batman first shows up, calls Superman to the barn and is all 'We need to talk'

Then Lois shows up, shines a flashlight in everybody's faces, and tells them to go inside, sit down, and discuss this like normal people instead of insane hobos.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

"would it kill you to say thanks to my wife when she pours you coffee"

He's trying to not hammer a nail up into the table.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

flosofl posted:

I don't want to spoil the issue (unless no one cares about current issues in here), but it's Not What You Expect Dracula. I leave it at that.

Without reading the issue, my money is on Kid Dracula

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm hoping that Superkid is just in his (her?) PJs while Damian refuses to wear anything else ever.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jerusalem posted:

I'm hoping that Superkid is just in his (her?) PJs while Damian refuses to wear anything else ever.

That's Jon's regular costume.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That doesnt mean they're not pyjamas

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Synthbuttrange posted:

That doesnt mean they're not pyjamas

They're not. It's a hoodie with a cape.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

X-O posted:

Superman #20 that came out today.

I really need to get caught up on this.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

X-O posted:

To be determined. Batman went to investigate the cow and milked it and then the milk turned into black goo and captured him.

This is why, whenever someone says Batman is too paranoid, he should give them the finger

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

And his pants are torn jeans. Not ideal for sleeping in.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

A hoodie Lois literally got him at a thrift store. The cape was originally Krypto's, wasn't it?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Amidst all this, I just noticed Lois has a perfect "Let Me Speak To Your Manager" haircut.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

Amidst all this, I just noticed Lois has a perfect "Let Me Speak To Your Manager" haircut.

According to the internet, every woman ever has that haircut.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
I never understood why people said Batman never sits.

What did they think he was doing in front of the Batcomputer?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tactical standing.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Choco1980 posted:

She definitely doesn't

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Samovar posted:

I never understood why people said Batman never sits.

What did they think he was doing in front of the Batcomputer?

Squats. Always Be Prepared

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

I love the thousand-yard stare Superman's got there. He's either watching whale's gently caress in the Pacific, or trying to think of what Kryptonian pie tasted like.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Achernar posted:

I love the thousand-yard stare Superman's got there. He's either watching whale's gently caress in the Pacific, or trying to think of what Kryptonian pie tasted like.

No, he's thinking "Dammit Lois, I actually kinda wanted to have that dramatic stare down in the barn with Batman."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TwoPair posted:

No, he's thinking "Dammit Lois, I actually kinda wanted to have that dramatic stare down in the barn with Batman."

This is original (well, Post-Crisis) Superman right, not the new rebooted version? He was probably really delighted he was gonna get to have a good old fashioned opposing philosophies-off with Batman again.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Batman totally trained in pie eating just in case lives depend on a pie eating contest.

That's Batman's tragic flaw. He can't rely on anyone because they'll inevitability let him down, just like his parents. They just weren't good enough. You have to be prepared for everything. Everything. Even nonsensical pie eating contests.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Jerusalem posted:

This is original (well, Post-Crisis) Superman right, not the new rebooted version? He was probably really delighted he was gonna get to have a good old fashioned opposing philosophies-off with Batman again.

"Boys and their games." :rolleyes:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Bar Crow posted:

Batman totally trained in pie eating just in case lives depend on a pie eating contest.

That's Batman's tragic flaw. He can't rely on anyone because they'll inevitability let him down, just like his parents. They just weren't good enough. You have to be prepared for everything. Everything. Even nonsensical pie eating contests.

He doesn't want to eat the pie in case there will be a pie-based emergency any moment now, and he'll have lost his edge from eating some pie just for fun.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Batman is clearly just grossed out by Superboy letting the dog eat out of his hand.

Choco1980 posted:

That's Lois? Is she black/Asian now? I want to slap the "burn" tool right out of the colorist's hand

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Duke Igthorn posted:

That's Lois? Is she black/Asian now? I want to slap the "burn" tool right out of the colorist's hand

You might want to see an optometrist.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
It looks like she borrowed Lex Luthor's hoodie.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

McCloud posted:

This is why, whenever someone says Batman is too paranoid, he should give them the finger

It's actually the second time in a year that he's visited the Kents and gotten captured while investigating a barn in the area.

Jerusalem posted:

This is original (well, Post-Crisis) Superman right, not the new rebooted version?

Actually, now he's both.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's actually the second time in a year that he's visited the Kents and gotten captured while investigating a barn in the area.

Wasn't the first time in superman's own barn?