Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Like you realize that he made the gently caress up just a little over a week ago said he was going to get professional help like four days ago, right? It's not like he's actually even had time to implement any of the help that the thread is trying to give him and he's had trouble getting in contact with professionals, which is very believable as many posts in this thread back up. Like it would be one thing if he hosed this up, people told him he was wrong and he just work of went forward, DIYing himself around the horrible mistakes he's made but the only evidence he's done anything else was a single unrelated bit of work he did. I mean, the situation here seems to be goons yelled at him to get a professional, he said he'd do that while still being defensive and you're pretty much going "NOT QUICK ENOUGH! I MUST INTERVENE OR EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

its loving creepy dude. Yeah dude was kinda dumb, but you are one smug jackass. but hey good job safety patrol, way to get all involved in other peoples lives without invitation.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

kid sinister posted:

three paragraphs of poo poo nobody cares about

:getout:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

RIP kid sinister

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Eh whatever, the dude is banned. My point still stands for the whole thread: it's been four days. If he's actually doing it right now, that will take time.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm glad that op made this thread so he could find out that he had seriously damaged his floor

it's a shame, though fairly funny, that some psycho with a years-old grudge got really creepy over it

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

glam rock hamhock posted:

Eh whatever, the dude is banned. My point still stands for the whole thread: it's been four days. If he's actually doing it right now, that will take time.

Yeah, I'm actually more interested in seeing what the OP does to fix the issue, which he clearly understands is an issue, than making GBS threads all over him for something he couldn't possibly have fixed yet.

Ease the gently caress up, folks.

OP, disregard that idiot gently caress kid sinister and PM a mod to remove his posts from the thread, you're not in danger of being reported or any such stupid poo poo, you haven't hosed up yet. In fact, this thread has likely saved you a TON of money down the road just by letting you know, so it might be a good idea to keep up posting - you are actually getting quality advice from this thread when you disregard all the crap.

Also is your black mould going to be load-bearing?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Hello OP, if nothing else please do share how the engineered beams get repaired, I'm genuinely curious.

thanks!

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Yes, the structural issues it sounds like you are dealing with and people are interested in that. I would like to discuss several design choices such as: window treatments, color of your towels, and what color gravel are you going to get? Is it going to be those soft "river stones" or even those plants that grow better when you step on them. Are you going to get "tub trees" like in the image linked above from GIS?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

i hope there's a lesson here about the relative wisdom of "hey, here's a really funny thread with a sorta goofy OP! better screw it up before it can get good."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SoundMonkey posted:

i hope there's a lesson here about the relative wisdom of "hey, here's a really funny thread with a sorta goofy OP! better screw it up before it can get good."

seriously goddamn. I was enjoying this one :smithfrog: come back OP we miss you

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's a little bit funny that a guy who got mad at someone for breaking the rules and reported him, got reported for breaking the rules and got banned.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Can we just pretend he was never here and move on.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Well poo poo, kid sinister was a good go-to for electrical advice. Now I'm gonna end up doing something even more disastrous then beatmaster.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Good thing he has a wife to bear his loads with him.

Loadbearing spouse.

:shobon:

I only know he has a wife because of that weird banned guy what the hell. Like think about just talking to some stranger and he goes
'I know your 2 storey house has 4 bedrooms, if you include your office with the foldable bed'
Wait, what ok?
'Furthermore I just cant figure out your outlets and junction boxes so I really feel you should relocate your wife and children'
Who are you again?
'Why wont you accept my advice!!! I report u!!' :grin:

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013

kid sinister posted:

Add the weight of a tub. Now add the weight of 50+ gallons of water. Now add 400 pounds for your average goon. Tell me how that wasn't going to collapse eventually.

You've never dealt with DIY types like this guy before, have you? The ones that are all gung-ho about tearing open walls and floors despite not really knowing what they're doing. He's not the first DIYer I've met like this, and he won't be the last. DIYers like him take personal affront to other people disapproving of their disasters, then go at them anyway. You're assuming that the engineers and contractors he talked to actually exist. All of his shenanigans would have been nipped in the bud if he had just done a project of this scope properly and got approved plans and permits. Then he would have heard "don't cut through your load bearing floor" and not get permits for it until he comes around and actually does it right. If he has to be dragged kicking and screaming into not hurting anyone, so be it. I honestly don't think he would have done it otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being an amateur DIYer. If you're not sure about a project, then post for help BEFORE you do anything dangerous. If you do mess up, actually take the advice and don't insist you're still right and everyone else is wrong when god and everyone can see you messed up.

Yeah, I did the math. All the actual technical documents for repairing far more minor gently caress-ups with headers and such only talk about a 20 PSF dead / 40 PSF live load at best. He didn't look like he weighted 200 lbs soaking wet, mind you. But, with water, tub, and all, it would likely brush up against any safety margin for an ideal repair case as proscribed, let alone what he did there. Obviously this requires an engineer to come up with a way to make it work, because no joist system is going to account for this kind of problem. If he actually is talking to engineers/contractors, the best he can hope for at this point is that room's flooring and the ceiling underneath going bye-bye, if only to inspect the true scope of how hosed he is for starters.

For future reference, you can say "Stop what you're doing! You have a dangerous situation there!" without taking on the airs of a psychotic ex-girlfriend and save yourself 10 dollars. I don't think you dragged him kicking and screaming so much as you dragged yourself, while kicking and screaming. Why does he have to show you proof that he took your advice on a separate issue to get you to leave him alone? Are you his wife? You seem to suspect that everything he tells you is wrapped up in deceit. I can't even begin to tell you how creepy and obsessive your behavior is. Anyway, just leave it alone, and go torture some small animals or something. Take it as a win that you're only out 10 dollars, while he's probably looking at 10 thousand, and walk it off.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

he is banned friend. took my sweet avatar with him even :smithfrog:

Lets talk about natural moss bathmats instead!

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

https://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/moss-bath-mat/

for starters.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 6, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
im just saying if you have a stupid overflowing bathtub why not some tasteful natural moss instead of black mold!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Is the idea to have a recirculator going all the time, and have the tub basically be a waterfall fountain when its not bathtime? That'd be kinda neat.

Also the trickling water sounds would help you pee :v:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Is the idea to have a recirculator going all the time, and have the tub basically be a waterfall fountain when its not bathtime? That'd be kinda neat.

Also the trickling water sounds would help you pee :v:

if you would recycle the water into either greywater or lawn or garden irrigation it could even in a weird planet be eco friendly

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I know that's probably a terrible idea for many reasons, but drat if it doesn't look comfortable to walk on.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Slugworth posted:

Jestery's boat arrives at the Deep Water Horizon, just days after the explosion. Surveying the scene, he's quiet for a moment. 'At this point would it just be easier to have drilled for oil on land?
if Mohammad can't get to the mountain....

I mean I guess I want to see the alternate universe where the floor was raised by a Diy Expert

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Slugworth posted:

Well poo poo, kid sinister was a good go-to for electrical advice. Now I'm gonna end up doing something even more disastrous then beatmaster.

pretty sure its just a "pay 10 bucks to get unbanned" ban.

voland
Oct 30, 2007

by sebmojo
i don't get this constant talk about the wife the op denies having in the first paragraph of the first post

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

You can buy kits to make your own on etsy: https://www.etsy.com/search?q=moss+bath+mat&order=most_relevant&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US

Here is a... tutorial (?) on HGTV:
http://www.hgtv.com/design/decorating/design-101/moss-and-stone-bath-mats-pictures

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

voland posted:

i don't get this constant talk about the wife the op denies having in the first paragraph of the first post

well he'll never get one after he rides his mold boat to the depths of hell!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The building code police showed up at the OP's house and fell through the floor which counts as murder so he's in jail now.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Proud Christian Mom posted:

well he'll never get one after he rides his mold boat to the depths of hell!

eh it can be unfucked here just gonna be a bit of work, and engineering, and maybe aquascaping and some horticulture maybe some mycology.. but doable

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

The building code police showed up at the OP's house and fell through the floor which counts as murder so he's in jail now.

they should've done a no-knock (on load-bearing beams). sometimes a small tap it all it takes

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013

sneakyfrog posted:

Yeah, you're right. Of course, if you want to give him a new avatar when he comes back, I already went through the trouble of making this:

gently caress, now I really want a natural moss bathmat. On the other hand, I find centipedes and other crawly things enjoy moss as well.

I am skeptical about how well that stuff will survive over time, though I do like the idea of plants in a bathroom.

http://www.homedit.com/best-plants-that-suit-your-bathroom/

Probably the bromeliads on suction cups are enough for me.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Effective-Disorder posted:

Yeah, you're right. Of course, if you want to give him a new avatar when he comes back, I already went through the trouble of making this:

gently caress, now I really want a natural moss bathmat. On the other hand, I find centipedes and other crawly things enjoy moss as well.

I am skeptical about how well that stuff will survive over time, though I do like the idea of plants in a bathroom.

dammit i should of thought of that instead of gis-ing "lovely loving cop"

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

sneakyfrog posted:

You dummy, sphagnum moss is nature's toilet paper, not nature's bathmat.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

OMG, these are beautiful!

your bromeliads:

Not sure how I feel about :

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 6, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Dillbag posted:

You dummy, sphagnum moss is nature's toilet paper, not nature's bathmat.

i use that for compost filler not a bathmat jeez.

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013

WrenP-Complete posted:

OMG, these are beautiful!

your bromeliads:

Right? I mean, why even worry about renovating when you can just cover stuff with plants? Plants don't need permits.

I think I'm going to have to go shopping for plants. If I have to poo poo and piss regularly, why am I not doing it in a garden?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Right? I mean, why even worry about renovating when you can just cover stuff with plants? Plants don't need permits.

I think I'm going to have to go shopping for plants. If I have to poo poo and piss regularly, why am I not doing it in a garden?

thats why I bought land.... just go piss IN the garden :colbert:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like my bathroom to be a very functional and sanitary place with nowhere for dirt to hide.

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.
Well with KS gone (hopefully longer than a day) I can tell you that I don't miss him.

I'm going to take the advice of some and not post for a while until I have something meaningful to post. I have contacted over 10 different contractors and as of yet not a single one has come over. And to that note, not a single one has called me an idiot or said it couldn't be fixed when I told them I cut my beams. So between my job and finding a contractor, things are going to be slow for a while.

On a side topic, I'm really not a private person. I'm fully aware of what can be found out about me on the google. So if you need to know details of my private life, like the concern for the safety of my non-existent wife and kids or the number of bedrooms in my house (5) just ask. Don't be creepy.

Also, i'm enjoying the speculation about what my bathtub pit is for so I'm not going to ruin it. Continue talking amongst yourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
This is truly the thread that keeps on giving.

• Locked thread