Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

The Bloop posted:

They taste better than Switch carts

edit: and some fajitas

I think my taste buds are incapable of tasting the chemical they put on switch carts because it doesn't taste like anything to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Invalid Validation posted:

It's ok you'll never make enough to retire on or buy a house anyways.

:same:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ohtsam posted:

I think my taste buds are incapable of tasting the chemical they put on switch carts because it doesn't taste like anything to me

It's cilantro

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Empress Brosephine posted:

I just timed it PS4 to persona: 10.9 seconds
switch to lego: 6.06

Wow four seconds oh whatever will u do

You seem a tad arithmetically challenged friend, why not take a breather and argue in non-bad faith for once?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is there a link to where I can start the process of getting my left joycon replaced?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Spacebump posted:

Is there a link to where I can start the process of getting my left joycon replaced?

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22513/p/897

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If the Switch was Super Saiyan Goku what level Super Saiyan would it be?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

420/69

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Now I'm imagining some sixth grader drawing the switch with 15 rows of abs and bulging muscles.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

SSJ Sephiroth

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
Hey Random Question - does anyone know up to what size micro SD card switches accept? Also, do they do SDXC? I'm worried I'll eat up 32 gigs pretty quickly with nice games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah xc is supported after the day one patch.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

switch like yamcha tier. post facial scar yamcha tier obviously

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Freakbox posted:

Hey Random Question - does anyone know up to what size micro SD card switches accept? Also, do they do SDXC? I'm worried I'll eat up 32 gigs pretty quickly with nice games.

Up to whatever the maximum for SDXC is, which I think is 2tb.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Up to two terabyte microsdxc. Those don't exist yet, but that's what's supported when they are eventually in the market.

Most people here have a 64 or 128 gig because they have very reasonable prices currently.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

switch like yamcha tier. post facial scar yamcha tier obviously

:frogout:

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Hammer Bro. posted:

Do you know if there's any way to influence which type of hero is unlocked?

I've beaten it three or four times now, and it's always the Rogue who unlocks the crystal and never a new 3-hit champion which is unlocked.

I like the Rogue, but I worry something about my play style is limiting my variety.

Pretty sure the unlock progression is set. I'm guessing you unlock a new rogue once you move to the second row of heroes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Freakbox posted:

They say they fully support SDXC which means that whenever 2TB cards come out, you'll be able to dig out your old Switch and put one in. For now, it supports up to 256GB which is the most you can buy as far as I can tell.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Spacebump posted:

Someone had a good post in the thread earlier... let me find it and edit

Here it is:

enojy posted:

1 (800) 255-3700 is Nintendo's repair/customer service number. Call them and tell them you'd like to submit a faulty Joy-Con under warranty. If they tell you to send in the entire system, make some loud coughing/sneezing noise while hanging up, and keep calling back until someone says yea go ahead and send the Joy-Con in.

You should get a postage paid label emailed to you, put that poo poo in a box and send it off.

They automatically upgraded mine to next day UPS shipping both ways. Put it in the mail Friday, got it back today.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 6, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I just crammed in a 200GB card, system sees it and says it has to reboot to deal with it then off it goes.

The silly thing is right now you can't move data between the two storage locations. Not a rushed system at all :ninja:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Requesting an update from those who bought Graceful Explosion Machine.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jose Otero likes it. I asked him if he has trouble distinguishing foes from explosions and your own character, he said he did in videos of the game but not when actually playing.

I bought it earlier and would like to play but between Xamarin being a piece of poo poo and my own self impose deadlines I doubt I make it home before bedtime.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the joycons are like puar and oolong, cute little guys always at his side

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

LethalGeek posted:

The silly thing is right now you can't move data between the two storage locations. Not a rushed system at all :ninja:

You can move screenshots between microSD and internal storage but if I want to move Fast RMX to the microSD card I have to archive and redownload it

It's insanely Nintendo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Cartoon Man posted:

I loving love the Switch.

I wanted to play Zelda, so picked up the pro controller, hit the button and two seconds later the Switch fired up Zelda right where I left it and even switched my TV over to it. I know some have said that maybe that's a glitch with Samsung TV's, but I like it. I went from zero to Zelda in 3 loving seconds. No system boot up. No choosing Zelda from a menu. No game boot up loading screen. No selecting your save file.

I want to play Zelda and three seconds and one button push later I'm playing Zelda.

The future of gaming is Nintendo.

yeah thats called rest mode and everything has it whats your point

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It is very fast on Switch.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Beastie posted:

Requesting an update from those who bought Graceful Explosion Machine.

Haven't made it out of World 1 (6 levels in) but it's fun. A little easy to get "lost" in the commotion and take a bump, but I can't dock it to my TV for another day or so... I imagine it's easier to track there...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sleep mode crashes my switch running zelda every few days they gotta work on it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

parallelodad posted:

It is very fast on Switch.

its fast on everything that has it, thats the point of the mode

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Bloop posted:

It's cilantro

Wait- seriously?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Feenix posted:

Haven't made it out of World 1 (6 levels in) but it's fun. A little easy to get "lost" in the commotion and take a bump, but I can't dock it to my TV for another day or so... I imagine it's easier to track there...

Worth the $12 for something new or should I keep throwing myself at Master Blaster for something 2d and colorful?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
i mean unless we're talking better than the gold standard aka the vita i dont see why anyone should be impressed

and if it is better than vita sleep im impressed

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stux posted:

its fast on everything that has it, thats the point of the mode

Not 2-3 seconds fast. The difference between that and 10-11 seconds isn't that different in a practical sense but you really feel it. The wake up and get back to your program is way faster than say, my Linux PC.

I haven't played Vita, but in handheld mode it's basically instant, as fast as you can mash A to wake up and unlock. On TV it's a little slower since you have to wait for your controller to connect and for the system to HDMI handshake your tv.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

i mean unless we're talking better than the gold standard aka the vita i dont see why anyone should be impressed

and if it is better than vita sleep im impressed

it loses about .5% to 1% per hour and crashes sometimes so no its got a lot of work to be like vita

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mister Facetious posted:

Wait- seriously?

Yeah, I've been putting switch carts in my salsa and guacamole since release. Couldn't be happier!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

parallelodad posted:

Not 2-3 seconds fast. The difference between that and 10-11 seconds isn't that different in a practical sense but you really feel it. The wake up and get back to your program is way faster than say, my Linux PC.

i just timed it on my og ps4 running p5. it took two seconds for a p5 splash to come up, 5 seconds overall to load back into the game. is that slow now? i know its not vita fast but then again i dont think the switch is either is it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my tv starting up is the bottleneck for rest mode

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stux posted:

i just timed it on my og ps4 running p5. it took two seconds for a p5 splash to come up, 5 seconds overall to load back into the game. is that slow now? i know its not vita fast but then again i dont think the switch is either is it

Yeah the switch is instant in handheld mode. It doesn't keep it's charge like the Vita though. Because the switch is bigger so the battery has to go farther and cover a greater area of space it drains faster.(I kid)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Graceful Explosion Machine is really good and you all should buy it for your nintendo switches.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I'm glad that Switch can handle me logging into my office's protected wifi better than 3ds. It's just so much easier and faster.

That said, Graceful Explosion Machine ahoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

parallelodad posted:

Yeah the switch is instant in handheld mode. It doesn't keep it's charge like the Vita though. Because the switch is bigger so the battery has to go farther and cover a greater area of space it drains faster.(I kid)

thats not really surprising tho. i dont think there has been a device in history that can stay in sleep as long as the vita, i dont know how it manages it

• Locked thread