Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

TIL Derek is the only person in Florida.

gently caress. Guys, I just moved to Florida. I guess I caught the Derek? Who am I? What am I? What is life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

D_Smart posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQLRvB9LAlo

I watched all 37 mins, in under 7 mins
Subscriber flair! Mannequin tech! Mess hall mocap and mess hall tech! Patcher music! Bug reporting!

A totally asinine method of pilot and copilot entering a two person ship involving both cockpits separately elevating and wasting a huge amount of space.

Sandi Gardiner acting as the Drake CEO in a sketch. :barf:

Twenty minutes of dudes talking about modular cargo containers with less variety than NMS' outposts.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
the first signs of derek smart syndrome are writing blogs and tweets rehashing information from dead gay comedy forums

please seek medical attention if your wildly inaccurate claims last longer than two weeks

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
just a reminder that the mess hall scene is for sq42 and they've been working on this 5 minute section of gameplay for almost a year

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I should be writing up reports and discussing new strategies in my flailing business, but instead I'm getting drunk by the ocean and talking about star citizen

someone please fix my broken elite hive mind, tia

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
LOL!!!

I have no further comment...

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

:lol: We know that isn't true.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TrustmeImLegit posted:

And I think Beet lives vaguely near me too. Is there a tyler durden thing going on?

I understand. In posting, a member of Project Stimpire has a name. His name is Derek Smart.

e:

Thronde posted:

gently caress. Guys, I just moved to Florida. I guess I caught the Derek? Who am I? What am I? What is life?

Jesus, there's more of us here than I thought.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

that seems unlikely

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It makes far too much sense that there is an inordinately high number of Floridians in this thread.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It makes far too much sense that there is an inordinately high number of Floridians in this thread.

It's a loving party down here goons. Get your asses down here. Derek will pick you all up at the airport in his swanky Tesla and let's get to drinking and fishing!

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

This post is the part in the movie where some nerd rushes into a meeting the president is having and while secret service is dragging him out the president goes "What's going on here?!"

"Sir! Derek Smart has no further comment on something"

the room freezes. Everyone looks stunned.

"My God."

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qVbR9ZjlGk

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Top post on that ATV video thread:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

peter gabriel posted:

The backers hate Spectrum, they have dubbed it 'wrectum' which sort of what they do I guess.

Still, not to worry, their collective minds have come up with a nice and simple solution to the layout issues, once more proving without a shadow of a doubt that they are not insane and going stir crazy - behold!

quote:

started by Annabelle 'Boo' Huxley

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
So they hired voice actors to do a lovely ATV skit. Noice. At least we know why they showed off all that fancy gear the other week.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Jesus, there's more of us here than I thought.

I just got stationed in Jax/Mayport so it wasn't entirely my choice. But so far Jacksonville kicks rear end. Like east coast San Diego.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Thronde posted:

I just got stationed in Jax/Mayport so it wasn't entirely my choice. But so far Jacksonville kicks rear end. Like east coast San Diego.

I love it here. Half my neighbors are navy.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

(vote up the first two and down on the last)

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I love it here. Half my neighbors are navy.

Same, and we got an absolutely kickass house near Five Points that allows us to walk to and stumble from the bars on King, and our yard for the doggos is big enough to drop a 4 unit apartment on. We really lucked out.

Now if only the Navy would hurry up and move my poo poo so I'm not sleeping on an air mattress. :argh:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo63PD5GVLw&t=58s

Spacefuel is in, and you really need it.
(I have no idea if this is actually caused by fuel being zero or if the ship is just stuck)

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 6, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Chris Roberts has a DIY post about remodeling his bathroom.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813464

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

This guy. I think I worked it out. Derek Smart, on some ancient BBS, completely owned this nerd when he tried to start poo poo. This event, it destroyed him. So vowed that one day, He would be the one to own Derek.

Or he is just an insane dog chasing imaginary cars.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

ummmmmmmmmmmmm hello I guess

This guy sounds like a 100% legitimate developer who is not only a developer but is also in the in-crowd of cig. Looks like you got lucky with this one! I can't wait for more 100% truth like this from genuine developers who know about game development.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Thronde posted:

You're infected. Derek Smart is The Thing (the alien from the John Carpenter movie, not the Marvel character). He reproduces by absorbing and imitating people. Florida is already doomed.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

are you guys writing to me now

This is loving glorious. :allears:

You should ask what happens to the guys who get the 2 T's of their acronym mixed up.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well I've just arrived at my new house in Florida, so far it seems pretty good. No inspections on cars so that's good and I found out it's a hot bed for scientology so it's win win so far.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Well I've just arrived at my new house in Florida, so far it seems pretty good. No inspections on cars so that's good and I found out it's a hot bed for scientology so it's win win so far.

You're lying, your ip address is still 127.0.0.1 :colbert:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

You're lying, your ip address is still 127.0.0.1 :colbert:

I kept my IP address when I moved

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Florida is fun, been here since 2003. Watch out for gators and meth-heads and gators on meth.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Space Crabs posted:

Writing tips.

You discovered me. It was I, the one who is writing these emails because I know the TRUTH must be said because We did not Start The War but we Will finish It. That war We Did not Start.

My unwavering faith in Roberts triples every second, and I am already planning out my adventures in 4.0 and then live, because 3.0 is so yesterday so say we All.

Cymellion PM me let's have make up sex asap.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

I changed my mind!!

Sandi appears in latest propaganda vid they made to sell ships, and backers are shredding her.

Oh how the mighty have fallen, and times have changed. maybe she'll quit again. scamming nerds will do that.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

D_Smart posted:

I changed my mind!!

I'm shocked I tell you. Utterly without words. I couldn't be more surprised than what I am typing right now. See how shocked I am

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

The Titanic posted:

You discovered me. It was I, the one who is writing these emails because I know the TRUTH must be said because We did not Start The War but we Will finish It. That war We Did not Start.

My unwavering faith in Roberts triples every second, and I am already planning out my adventures in 4.0 and then live, because 3.0 is so yesterday so say we All.

Cymellion PM me let's have make up sex asap.

PM sent :agesilaus:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Yeah, that's what we were all thinking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/63vxmt/this_needs_to_be_said/

quote:

Where is Squadron 42?

I'm not angry. I'm not raging. I'm just asking. Because quite frankly the decided muteness is kind of worrying.

And while RSI's behaviour on lots of its development has been truly amazing. It's behaviour with regards to SQ42 has been far from exemplary.

In the run up to CitizenCon it became increasingly clear that SQ42 was going to be delayed. And whenever people like me brought this up in groups or twitch we were always shouted down. We were fear monger etc.
But October came around and no official launch date had been set and the fact remains that you don't release a AAA game with only 2 months of advertising. SQ42 was not coming in 2016. It was obvious SQ42 was delayed and RSI said nothing.

Post CitizenCon RSI released a statement apologising and that's great and all. I genuinely appreciate RSI addressing the issue directly. But even in their apology something was implied that was also worrying.

Chris Roberts himself explained that they were working on a complete chapter build specifically for CitizenCon and just couldn't get it done in time. But what this also told us was that no single chapter of the game was complete. And this would mean that RSI knew well in advance of CitizenCon that SQ42 was delayed. After all, If in September 2016, you don't have 1 chapter of a 24 chapter game complete. You honestly can't expect to complete the entire game, host CitizenCon and release it all in just 3 months. Even after completing you'd expect at least 6 weeks of testing.

And you know what we're almost halfway through 2017 now. And SQ42 was meant to be something to tide us over until Star Citizen proper was completed. A game which itself is also severely delayed. Imagine you go to a restaurant and your meal takes forever to be prepared. The chef comes out and apologises and explains why there's a delay. He offers to prepare you an appetizer while you wait for your meal. But an hour later, you are still waiting for your meal. And the appetizer you were promised.

I get that game development isn't an exact science and delays should be expected. But with regards specifically to SQ42, the delay isn't the problem, it's the silence accompanying it that's worrying me.

EDIT Thankfully people have pointed out to me that I have completely misunderstood everything. SQ42 was the project and Star Citizen was the stretch goal. Sorry for my mistake. However with that being the case my concern would then be why it would appear that the majority of development energy is spent on Star Citizen. I think this is what lead me to believe SQ42 was the stretch goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

XK posted:

Chris Roberts has a DIY post about remodeling his bathroom.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813464

A dude even gets banned for doxxing the OP, nice