Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Drewjitsu posted:

Do you have a link to the reference? Vinny rules.

Finding a specific link is hard (it seems to be the one anecdote Vinesauce fans haven't isolated in its own clip) but some guy he played Smash with on a lovely (black and white?) TV back in the day once had trouble reading Ganondorf's name and asked "Who is that guy? Who's Crenando?" which lead to Vinny calling Ganon 'Crenando' at random in pretty much all of his Zelda streams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hinox easy mode: climb a tree or taller structure, fire arrows at eyeball while taking no damage

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I called mine Dorfhorse.

I went for Ganonhors.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So if I want to fight the toughest, most gut-droppin'-est Hinox there is, where should I go?

I enjoyed my terrified fight on Eventide, where I primarily killed him by dropping boxes on his head and throwing bombs at him.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I named my giant horse Nightdick.

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!
Do the Hinoxes from the Three Brothers shrine quest respawn after Blood Moons? I haven't been back to check, but if they do, that's three Hinoxes in a relatively small area near a warp point.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

WingsOfSteel posted:

Do the Hinoxes from the Three Brothers shrine quest respawn after Blood Moons? I haven't been back to check, but if they do, that's three Hinoxes in a relatively small area near a warp point.

They do, I just killed them

And now I'm riding around the ruins of Lon Lon Ranch on a stalhorse.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Found that island that takes all your poo poo and dropped the first orb in that big mud puddle. Spent about an hour using stasis and bombs trying to get it out to just say gently caress it and start over. Then I died a bunch and left.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Unmature posted:

Found that island that takes all your poo poo and dropped the first orb in that big mud puddle. Spent about an hour using stasis and bombs trying to get it out to just say gently caress it and start over. Then I died a bunch and left.

Cryonis...

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

parallelodad posted:

I named mine Mackensie because I let my three year old name it and that is the girl he won't stop talking about and he named the horse after her.

Your three year old is smooth as fuckkk

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Use Cryonis

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Copper Vein posted:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Use Cryonis

The problem is that Cryonis is boring as hell compared to the other powers, so nobody cares and everybody forgets.

1. infinite bombs!
2. pick up and throw huge metal objects!
3. stop time!
4. selfie camera!
5. make some ice come out of water

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Very practical if you throw lots of parties...

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hinox easy mode: climb a tree or taller structure, fire arrows at eyeball while taking no damage

Uhm, you actually mean stasis+ w/ arrows

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
What would Cryonis+ even look like? :gasp: 5 blocks at a time!?

To all the rain-haters, Cryonis+ would be awesome if it could be used on merely "wet" surfaces rather than actual bodies of water. "Oh its raining! Time to climb!"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FooF posted:

What would Cryonis+ even look like? :gasp: 5 blocks at a time!?

To all the rain-haters, Cryonis+ would be awesome if it could be used on merely "wet" surfaces rather than actual bodies of water. "Oh its raining! Time to climb!"

Freeze enemies now that you can freeze the water inside them :getin:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cryonis+ freezes the rainclouds, causing them to fall to the earth and shatter, allowing you to climb freely.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I would want cryonis+ to create ice paths beneath my feet ala that one super hero from the Incredibles so I could ice skate around the world.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You slide your shield down a hill and into a lake and ice forms up under you so you can continue sliding.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Phantasium posted:

You slide your shield down a hill and into a lake and ice forms up under you so you can continue sliding.

This is the winner

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

El Burbo posted:

Maybe if there were silver hinoxes they would be hard. Probably not though

Ultimate DLC boss: Hinox with a helmet.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Internet Kraken posted:

Hinox with a monocle.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Runcible Cat posted:

Hinox with a monocle.

so a minion :crossarms:

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Internet Kraken posted:

You're making me think of Dragons Dogma now and drat it now I want Capcom to take this engine and make a new Dragons Dogma game.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

OSHA Hinox: Immortal

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mezzanine posted:

That's Ganon's Horse. I only have a Japanese WiiU to play on, so I named it Kokuouh-go (http://hokuto.wikia.com/wiki/Kokuo)

Sup, here's my Raoh cosplay.

https://twitter.com/digitaldiatribe/status/844487831150120962

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Does wearing the soldier's armor make me more vulnerable to electricity? I'm getting my rear end handed to me on the way to Zora's domain. I've already used up my electric resistance elixirs :(

Also, how many times can I summon amiibo items? I've been lazy and forgetting to try and get the twilight armor from the Smash Link one.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

seiferguy posted:

Does wearing the soldier's armor make me more vulnerable to electricity? I'm getting my rear end handed to me on the way to Zora's domain. I've already used up my electric resistance elixirs :(

Also, how many times can I summon amiibo items? I've been lazy and forgetting to try and get the twilight armor from the Smash Link one.

Armor only gives you bonus defense, never negative defense. Lightning attacks are just wickedly powerful when you're early on so save often, dodge arrows when you can, and avoid wizzrobes entirely.

You can scan amiibos once per day, however if you don't save then it doesn't count as a scan. So if you're determined then you can save scum to get what you want.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Nope, grind shrines or get gud.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Sorry for asking a question that is probably very old news at this point but is there a Grand Unified Theory of How to Farm Star Fragments yet?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shoren posted:

Armor only gives you bonus defense, never negative defense. Lightning attacks are just wickedly powerful when you're early on so save often, dodge arrows when you can, and avoid wizzrobes entirely.

You can scan amiibos once per day, however if you don't save then it doesn't count as a scan. So if you're determined then you can save scum to get what you want.

Yeah, and I'm too far to go back and try to collect rubber. I've already given the finger to wizzrobes.

I've save scummed in many other games so I can waste a little time to get what I want :v:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Go to the top of a mountain and save your game. Go to the home screen and exit BotW and relaunch it. Wait all night for a Star Fragment to show up. When it does, go get it, go back to the top of a mountain and repeat. Some people say they get star fragments on any kind of night, some say they only get them on full moons. I've done the full moon method by talking to the guy at the stable south of Kakariko and sleeping until a full moon. Then I just teleport to the top of dueling peaks and wait. Some people have said they have trouble actually getting to the star fragment, but I don't know why. Find where it lands, mark it on your map and teleport as close as you can and run over. I've even been out exploring and randomly see the light from a Star Fragment on the ground somewhere in the distance and I've been able to go get it. I haven't lost one yet.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Sorry for asking a question that is probably very old news at this point but is there a Grand Unified Theory of How to Farm Star Fragments yet?

Yes.

1. Go to the Shee Vaneer shrine on top of the Dueling Peaks.
2. Light a campfire and wait until night.
3. As soon as the game loads, save, and quit to the main Wii/Switch home menu.
4. Reload the game.
5. Look out over Hyrule Plains and don't move your controller.
6. Wait until a star fragment falls and mark its location with your Sheikah Scope.
7. Teleport to the closest shrine and go collect your fragment.
8. Repeat.

^^^ Moon phase does not affect appearance rate. I collected 13 straight using this method without a problem. Sometimes fragments will despawn if they land behind a hill or otherwise break initial line of sight, but it's rare. Usually you'll get a big yellow beacon to follow and they'll stick around even after teleporting.

Shoren fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 6, 2017

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Shoren posted:

Yes.

4. Reload the game.
6. Wait until a star fragment falls and mark its location with your Sheikah Scope.
8. Repeat.

Thanks!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shoren posted:

^^^ Moon phase does not affect appearance rate. I collected 13 straight using this method without a problem. Sometimes fragments will despawn if they land behind a hill or otherwise break initial line of sight, but it's rare. Usually you'll get a big yellow beacon to follow and they'll stick around even after teleporting.

I feel like if you don't actually mark them and then teleport that they actually despawn, unless they're capable of spawning on the complete rear end end of the map.

I know I've looked at where a star has fallen and it's behind some mountain or something so I can't mark it, and if I teleport closer to where it should be it doesn't show up anywhere, but I could just be missing them still.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Phantasium posted:

I feel like if you don't actually mark them and then teleport that they actually despawn, unless they're capable of spawning on the complete rear end end of the map.

I know I've looked at where a star has fallen and it's behind some mountain or something so I can't mark it, and if I teleport closer to where it should be it doesn't show up anywhere, but I could just be missing them still.

The bright light is where they IMPACT. But they can roll and such.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Shoren posted:

Yes.

4. Reload the game.
8. Repeat.

I'd also add from experience "make sure your POV doesn't include Lake Hylia otherwise it might land in there and vanish".

Phantasium posted:

It could have fallen in water, mud or malice - were you getting the beacon, or just following the track by eye?

Bombadilillo posted:

They don't seem to become physical objects until you get close, which explains how you get ones on narrow ledges that fall off as you approach. When you get near you see the light vanish and the spiky fragment appear.

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 6, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

I don't think they actually load in as an item until you're close but I also haven't personally seen them fall on the edges of anything, either.

But in the instances I was talking about I couldn't see the light pillar after teleporting at all.

Runcible Cat posted:

It could have fallen in water, mud or malice - were you getting the beacon, or just following the track by eye?

In those instances where I can't see it I've just marked the general direction of where it went on my map, teleport to a shrine close to it, and then look in that same direction. In those instances I've always just lost track of it, but if I mark it directly or don't teleport at all and just head towards it I can always find it (provided I make it there before morning).

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 6, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

They only roll when you get close. When you see the vertical shaft of light disappear, that's when the fragment actually spawns in. You should be able to see it, and if not, just follow any slopes. One thing that sucks is that you can't take a picture of it, so you can't track down any that have rolled off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Phantasium posted:

I don't think they actually load in as an item until you're close but I also haven't personally seen them fall on the edges of anything, either.

But in the instances I was talking about I couldn't see the light pillar after teleporting at all.

Ive seen them spawn then roll. Did you teleport in so close it spawned somewhere and you had no light to guide you? Its hard to lock in on the light pillar accurately in my experience.