Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/850118978588610563
USS Ross and USS Porter, saw some initial reporting about this hours ago from one outlet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

????????????????????????

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Chokes McGee posted:

Bannon stop posting

Every news site I went to today had a story about the all out feud between Bannon and Kushner and how Bannon may be on the way out.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

sexpig by night posted:

so what do you think we lose first, a plane or a destroyer

Neither. I'd say bombs start dropping on our soldiers deployed with the SDF.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mannerup posted:

USS Ross and USS Porter, saw some initial reporting about this hours ago

can't fuckin wait for war

actually wait, i can, because war is fuckin poo poo

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

mannerup posted:

USS Ross and USS Porter, saw some initial reporting about this hours ago from one outlet

trump is gonna hit the biggest reddest button that is brought before him and then immediately shift blame when the inevitable consequences roll in

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

triple sulk posted:

war is fuckin poo poo

counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLydq310_C4

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the darth vader scene in action is :discourse: as gently caress

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/850086285427576833

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Glad I'm not in the military anymore and I can be a degenerate nite poster

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

yea but if he goes with the 'use the destroyers to blast Russian defenses' you know 100% Russia is gonna sink one

The Russians won't engage the USN. Taking shots at aircraft has plausible deniability if they succeed in downing one (can say an SAA crew did it), but the Syrian state has no real capacity to engage an American warship.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mannerup posted:

how are they against anti ship missiles

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

Mustafar-a-Lago

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Does Trump have enough self-awareness to even being to try to comprehend the awesome power that comes with being the president, or is he just gonna half rear end it and play golf the whole time

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

triple sulk posted:

can't fuckin wait for war

actually wait, i can, because war is fuckin poo poo

at least we can put the "trump won't get us into a war" line to bed soon

sad :smith:

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

:trumppop:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
nuke assad, that'll learn 'im

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OhFunny posted:

Neither. I'd say bombs start dropping on our soldiers deployed with the SDF.

It's already like a circular firing squad in Syria; everybody shoots at anybody they don't know. Some guy over in the Middle East thread did a chart of the banners and flags of all the different militias and armies in Syria and the drat thing was huge; there's like a dozen Kurd groups alone.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Potato Salad posted:

at least we can put the "trump won't get us into a war" line to bed soon

sad :smith:

:chloe:

I dont think anyone has ever defended that Trump wouldn't get into war. This is like the least surprising development of his presidency ever.

I'm sorry but "We're gonna bomb the poo poo out of them." is a pretty clear mandate

Credit though, is to as how soon he was going to start it~

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Consummate Professional posted:

Glad I'm not in the military anymore and I can be a degenerate nite poster

I'm kind of nostalgic for it. I miss the adrenaline rushes. If a huge war broke out, I think I'd go back, But I'm a bit hosed in the head one might say. Also, I'm probably wearing some rose tinted glasses.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
trump in the copilot seat making YEEEEOOOOOUUUUUMMMMMM BWEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU noises while jizz plays in the background

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 43 minutes!

I did a thing posted:

I'm kind of nostalgic for it. I miss the adrenaline rushes. But I'm a bit hosed in the head one might say. Also, I'm probably wearing some rose tinted glasses.

Sounds like being from New Jersey

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbPGRndR0WE

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Only reason I can deduce Trump gives a gently caress so much is that he was probably told of the gas attack while golfing.

That and Ivanka's reaction.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This has the potential to cause quite a rift among the right if the evident sincerity of a lot of them not wanting to get involved in a war is sincere

My question would be, why did you support 54 billion extra defense spending? Where do you think that money goes if not to killing people in wars?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mormonpartyboat posted:

nvm. my reading comprehension sucks today.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

haljordan posted:

Does Trump have enough self-awareness to even being to try to comprehend the awesome power that comes with being the president, or is he just gonna half rear end it and play golf the whole time

the answer to "does trump know/understand/have self awareness" is always no

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Citizen Tayne posted:

Sounds like being from New Jersey

I'd rather go back in than go to New Jersey and I'm only like 10 minutes from South Jersey.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

radical meme posted:

What movie is playing on the screen behind him?

boss baby

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

How much more months until even the people saying "well, at least he won't bring back the draft" are left saying welp

I'm thinking O/U 6, definitely within the year at the latest

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

This has the potential to cause quite a rift among the right if the evident sincerity of a lot of them not wanting to get involved in a war is sincere

My question would be, why did you support 54 billion extra defense spending? Where do you think that money goes if not to killing people in wars?

Is he starting a new ship program, or is it the same one in place since Obama?

Chris James 2 posted:

How much more months until even the people saying "well, at least he won't bring back the draft" are left saying welp

I'm thinking O/U 6, definitely within the year at the latest

Considering how active efforts are to penalize the <$50,000k crowd of citizens, it seems sooo dumb, but likely he'd draft a buncha poor people he doesn't give a gently caress about.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

trump in the copilot seat making YEEEEOOOOOUUUUUMMMMMM BWEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU noises while jizz plays in the background

Trump to Assad: That FuFu Lame poo poo I Aint With It. I'll Send Some Shots At Your Fitted. Gratata

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

I dont think anyone has ever defended that Trump wouldn't get into war.
"Destroy ISIS bing bang boom" doesn't count as war, "remove Assad from Syria" does.
Edit: This is what people who voted for Trump based on his isolationism actually believes.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/850055898408136704

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Lastgirl posted:

:chloe:

I dont think anyone has ever defended that Trump wouldn't get into war. This is like the least surprising development of his presidency ever.

I'm sorry but "We're gonna bomb the poo poo out of them." is a pretty clear mandate

Credit though, is to as how soon he was going to start it~

An acquaintance of mine went Bernie to Trump because his fiancee has family in Syria, so noooooo he needed to vote Trump so we don't go to war.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

This thread is generally better anyway and I'm not kidding at all when I say that

More links to news stories, more commentary, less trolling, it's only negative is that it has more anime

I think the anime robot smashing through the door combined all of the above good sir

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

haljordan posted:

lamao

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

prediction (probably wrong):

trumps own statements will already have boxed him in, so he will feel compelled to do something

he is too weak and ineffectual to decide to do anything that would truly be impactful

so he will launch a few cruise missiles, destroy some property, be perceived as acting only politically and and delivering a slap on the wrist; and hence wind up looking weaker and more ineffectual than before

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

"Destroy ISIS bing bang boom" doesn't count as war, "remove Assad from Syria" does.

*At the Hague, Trump leans into the mic*

"It didn't count."

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

haljordan posted:

are you lost???

• Locked thread