Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
aren't things like tomahawks terrible for cratering runways in any meaningful way? Especially considering most soviet era planes are pretty OK with non-pristine fields? Obviously not craters and poo poo, but those can be fixed easily enough.

Basically they made the Durandal bomb to be more effective at it? IDK just remembering something I read in the back of a huge Falcon 3.0 manual or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Doesn't this show the Trump has a conscience? Him merely recognizing the horrible effects of nerve agents on Syrian civilians and feeling compelled to do something about it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

gently caress man that just makes me more mad at trump's poo poo

good because if this poo poo ever gets normalised...

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

aren't things like tomahawks terrible for cratering runways in any meaningful way? Especially considering most soviet era planes are pretty OK with non-pristine fields? Obviously not craters and poo poo, but those can be fixed easily enough.

Basically they made the Durandal bomb to be more effective at it? IDK just remembering something I read in the back of a huge Falcon 3.0 manual or something.

According to red storm rising the tomahawk is very effective at shutting down aviation assets for periods of time.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
launch the F-19 flying saucers donnie. I shall give my life in the battle of Reykjavík

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

TLAM-D is the cluster bomb variant.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh cool I learn something new every day

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/850124602886037505

War was inevitable. Death is certain.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

IRR bros:hf::sadwave:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
someone post the stalingrad thing but with tricare

sorry I'm making so many demands

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

But if HIllary is pro thing, doesn't Donnie have to be anti thing because emails?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Maybe I should send that unqualified resignation letter.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Just checked my DD-214. Still out of the military and done with IRR.

HAVE AT IT TRUMP

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

cowboy elvis posted:

HAVE AT IT TRUMP

Owns

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

so i guess we know how trump is gonna handle his first crisis

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

It's okay, it'll mostly be remote controlled this time. So rather than having a bunch of ex-military people I'm friends with, with blown off limbs, a few nervous breakdowns, and alcoholism, it'll just be the nervous breakdowns and alcoholism this time.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
drat I should get on that IRR paperwork

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Zeris posted:

drat I should get on that IRR paperwork

man at this point I'd be nervous, they'll probably just deny it and move your record to the top of the pile for recall. You were a 13F or something right? Don't look directly at the blast, in lieu of digging a fortified underground fighting position underneath an Abrams is probably about as safe as you can be when the nukes hit. Good luck, god bless

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

launch the F-19 flying saucers donnie. I shall give my life in the battle of Reykjavík

you should flee and go save some hot icelandic chick from the russians

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hey guys cheer up. I'll be sure to buy a lot of tiny little American flags.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh man I want to make whatever is the yellow ribbon support our troops magnet this time around

keep an eye out for my kickstarter

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
A yellow drone

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

cowboy elvis posted:

HAVE AT IT TRUMP

Quoting because I'm in the club.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

man at this point I'd be nervous, they'll probably just deny it and move your record to the top of the pile for recall. You were a 13F or something right? Don't look directly at the blast, in lieu of digging a fortified underground fighting position underneath an Abrams is probably about as safe as you can be when the nukes hit. Good luck, god bless

I left as a 35D officer, meh. I can probably convince them I'm a communist or conscientious objector at this point.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Really pumped to see the next generation of lovely moto veteran shirts.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP864oBWxeM
here have a little patriotism troops

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I was a 13F buuut I've never gotten any letters from HRC so I guess I'm safe bitches. Have fun in Syria

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh yeah I knew one of you were the the 13F, I always forget zeris was a noble

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Genocide Tendency posted:

The difference is you aren't drowning from lake water. You are drowning in your own body fluids which means you have other organs failing and lots of bad poo poo happening. Thats probably the painful part. That and knowing you are drowning... Which is loving terrifying.

from a few pages ago, but I thought you all might be interested in how nerve agents kill people:

muscles contract and relax using a particular protein that gives nerves in your muscles the signal to contract and an enzyme that "dissolves" that protein and allows the muscle to relax. nerve agents block that enzyme from working (I can't remember if it stops you from making it or makes it so it doesn't break down the protein) so all of your muscles stay contracted until they eventually fail. once your diaphragm stops working you can no longer breathe and your thoracic cavity fills with liquid and you die. this is of course after other various bodily functions controlled by muscles begin to fail, and after the violent spasms stop. Happily, the part in the Rock about your skin melting off doesn't happen and was just added for the movie (though I think that was VX). that makes it worse, because if it WERE corrosive like that stuff, it wouldn't hang around on clothes for as long as it does and cause emergency personnel to become poisoned

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Getting separated early was the best decision I have ever made bar none.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I have a letter awarding me a functional area as long as I complete the career course so maybe I can fall back on that rather than eating artillery while attempting to breach a minefield.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

cowboy elvis posted:

Really pumped to see the next generation of lovely moto veteran shirts.
Donnie got all my friends killed and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Casimir Radon posted:

Donnie got all my friends killed and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

that would actually be really good

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

cowboy elvis posted:

Really pumped to see the next generation of jaded posters making GiP great again

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

that would actually be really good

lol if you think they wouldn't continue to be the poo poo they have right now like Donnie riding a tank with an American flag and a bald eagle and it says MAGA on it

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

FastestGunAlive posted:

lol if you think they wouldn't continue to be the poo poo they have right now like Donnie riding a tank with an American flag and a bald eagle and it says MAGA on it

well, time to google

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

well, time to google

Enjoy being domed by Spetznatz I guess

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
omfg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'm on a permanent profile that makes me so non-deployable I couldn't even go to Guam, which is still technically the US. I guess I'll find out how that goes for me when this whole poo poo storm reaches its climax.

Edit: ^ I've been saying for a while now that being straight, white, male and a veteran in America is pretty much the closest you can get to having superpowers. Anything less than those four? Just as hosed as you would be otherwise.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 7, 2017

• Locked thread