Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Just starting this thing. I'm at the Amusement Park and I don't love the combat yet (still gradually unlocking stuff, so I'm hoping it grows on me), but I really
like the music / atmosphere so far.

e: oh and I love how they play with 2D / 3D.

Postmaster GBS fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Jumping into chipset talk from earlier, Taunt is the best chip. I only had a +4 but it was just so drat good I didn't feel the need to get a more powerful version. Combined with weapon attack up and charge attack up and my combos were basically melting bots. Think the toughest bot I found lasted maybe three hits.

Why bother with healing or defense when you can just kill everything? :black101:

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

Postmaster GBS posted:

Just starting this thing. I'm at the Amusement Park and I don't love the combat yet (still gradually unlocking stuff, so I'm hoping it grows on me), but I really
like the music / atmosphere so far.

e: oh and I love how they play with 2D / 3D.

I can tell you know the combat really doesn't have any secrets left to you as far as the sword stuff goes. I was pretty disappointed by how shallow it was.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Most of the combat depth comes from experimenting with weapon combinations. I found bracers and spear to be good fun.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok I'm on my first playthrough and I'm feeling a little burnt out. I did the mission where you have to go to the factory with Pascal, then I fought to big round robots, then my base was on fire, now I'm in the middle of a very dramatic fight... I feel like I've been railroaded for the last two hours and don't seem to be allowed to buy items anywhere. Am I close to being able to go grind up items & weapons yet?

I've been SSS ranking Bayonetta & DMC for years but turned it down to easy because all the boss fights in a row with no items is just an unfun slog.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok I'm on my first playthrough and I'm feeling a little burnt out. I did the mission where you have to go to the factory with Pascal, then I fought to big round robots, then my base was on fire, now I'm in the middle of a very dramatic fight... I feel like I've been railroaded for the last two hours and don't seem to be allowed to buy items anywhere. Am I close to being able to go grind up items & weapons yet?

I've been SSS ranking Bayonetta & DMC for years but turned it down to easy because all the boss fights in a row with no items is just an unfun slog.

you're in the end game (of that playthough)

like last or second last boss

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
You can buy 99 of all hp items for like 100k

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok I powered through. I just kept expecting, I dunno, a clearer indicator that it was time to grind up my pod and my weapons.

I guess that's what the 2nd playthrough is for?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok I powered through. I just kept expecting, I dunno, a clearer indicator that it was time to grind up my pod and my weapons.

I guess that's what the 2nd playthrough is for?

The first and second endings aren't so much endings as they are chapter conclusions anyway.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

yes but make sure you have fast travel first

and if you run into enemies that way outlevel you can come back later, that's fine

How/when do I get fast travel? Just keep doing story?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yup.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
theres basically zero reason to not just rush the story until you get fast travel. at least i havent noticed any quest disapearing up to that point.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

you get fast travel after you kill the dragon

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Iretep posted:

theres basically zero reason to not just rush the story until you get fast travel. at least i havent noticed any quest disapearing up to that point.

yeah i wish i had known this ahead of time because i was running back and forth for like every sidequest i could between story beats

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I want my save data back.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Tipme posted:

I want my save data back.
If dozens of hours of this game havent taught you to keep regular backups of stuff you value nothing will

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I finished A-E (plus K, by accident, and I hadn't saved..)

At least twenty people lost their save data to get me through the final bullet hell. I cannot believe that 1. A credit sequence brutalised me, over and over and 2. I cried over a credit sequence.

That was an incredible game, and always use overclock.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Can anyone tell me what level I should be at to fight the level 99 bonus bosses. I finished route e but 9s hacking dorsnt seem to doing any damage to him at level 60

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

imweasel09 posted:

Can anyone tell me what level I should be at to fight the level 99 bonus bosses. I finished route e but 9s hacking dorsnt seem to doing any damage to him at level 60

I had a reasonable time of it in the low 80s. You should go kill the golden bunny in the amusement park a few times, it'll get you where you need to be really fast, especially if you kill it by hacking it to death. To unlock the ability to target it, hack something in the area and kill all the other robots in the immediate vicinity.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

King of Solomon posted:

I had a reasonable time of it in the low 80s. You should go kill the golden bunny in the amusement park a few times, it'll get you where you need to be really fast, especially if you kill it by hacking it to death. To unlock the ability to target it, hack something in the area and kill all the other robots in the immediate vicinity.

I never in a million years would have figured that out. Thanks.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I want to do my part and help everyone, but the announcement that we'll see what's in the locked elevators soon is keeping me from doing so. Forgive me.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

RanKizama posted:

I want to do my part and help everyone, but the announcement that we'll see what's in the locked elevators soon is keeping me from doing so. Forgive me.

the ones with the apologetic machines??

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

THE loving MOON posted:

the ones with the apologetic machines??
Yeah. I'm holding out to see what comes of that.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

RanKizama posted:

Yeah. I'm holding out to see what comes of that.

I was just googling for it and couldnt find anything. Did yoko taro say something on his tiwtter?

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

imweasel09 posted:

I never in a million years would have figured that out. Thanks.
Keep in mind that you can still hit the bunny with your weapons and if you keep at it enough it'll aggro eventually, and then you can hack it easily. Just pointing this out because since patch 1.06 I've been unable to target it when hacking despite having done so successfully in the past.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
God is there an easy way to get Pure Water? I just want to upgrade my dang pod and I'm two short. :(

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Blaine the Train posted:

God is there an easy way to get Pure Water? I just want to upgrade my dang pod and I'm two short. :(

Grab the items near the Flooded City access point. If you got any, save. Load game and do it again until you're done.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

THE loving MOON posted:

I was just googling for it and couldnt find anything. Did yoko taro say something on his tiwtter?
Yosuke Saito did.

https://twitter.com/SaitoYosuke_Z/status/846983046146506752

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
That's why he's the final endboss.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Blaine the Train posted:

Don't worry, the Gadget grind is an order of magnitude worse.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So... something is up? google's japanese > english tool wasn't too clear.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Mindblast posted:

So... something is up? google's japanese > english tool wasn't too clear.

Supposedly it says something like "Just a little bit longer until we see what's behind the apologetic robot"

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Saagonsa posted:

Supposedly it says something like "Just a little bit longer until we see what's behind the apologetic robot"

all doors lead to the same cavern, and the cavern contains nowe, where he's been locked away and forgotten until now. and now you've let him loose. way to go, hero.

Tiriganiaq
Feb 21, 2012
Does hard mode change the hacking in any way?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I just had a long talk with a friend regarding Adam and it kinda threw me for a loop. Mostly what his motivation and reason for doing what he's doing through the game. Spoilers for route B and everything relating to Adam.

Basically her view was that Adam's only drive is his fascination with humans. He reads books, he imitates humans, going even so far as to die in the same way as them. The puppet show in route B that shows a lanky figure whose treasure is Hate represents either Eve or some other machine according to her. According to her during the entire 2nd fight Adam doesn't show a hint of hatred. She doesn't see Adam's actions as being driven by hatred at all, which is the polar opposite of my interpretation. His view of humanity's core being conflict, the puppet show mentioned before (Which I'm 100% sure is meant to represent Adam), his talk during the 2nd fight and how he lights up when 2B reveals her hatred for him... All those point to me that Adam is driven purely by hatred.

So who's more in the right here? This is kinda driving me crazy since I thought I had him figured out, but her views are just something I never contemplated.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Archer666 posted:

I just had a long talk with a friend regarding Adam and it kinda threw me for a loop. Mostly what his motivation and reason for doing what he's doing through the game. Spoilers for route B and everything relating to Adam.

Basically her view was that Adam's only drive is his fascination with humans. He reads books, he imitates humans, going even so far as to die in the same way as them. The puppet show in route B that shows a lanky figure whose treasure is Hate represents either Eve or some other machine according to her. According to her during the entire 2nd fight Adam doesn't show a hint of hatred. She doesn't see Adam's actions as being driven by hatred at all, which is the polar opposite of my interpretation. His view of humanity's core being conflict, the puppet show mentioned before (Which I'm 100% sure is meant to represent Adam), his talk during the 2nd fight and how he lights up when 2B reveals her hatred for him... All those point to me that Adam is driven purely by hatred.

So who's more in the right here? This is kinda driving me crazy since I thought I had him figured out, but her views are just something I never contemplated.

I think Adam really like the idea of hatred, but he had no real catalyst to experience it. He was fascinated by hatred. But his death allowed Eve to actually experience hatred in a way that Adam never did.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Archer666 posted:

I think he's driven by hatred in that he desires hatred, rather than him currently harboring hatred

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Archer666 posted:

I'd say that all of the machines are fascinated with humans, so in a way she is right. But each of them fixate on different things. It seems to me that Adam and Eve are basically about the duality of love and hate, which reflects the nature of their birth.

Adam is the hate side of the pair, I think, especially when you consider the dismissive way he treats his brother, the way he evolves as you attack him in This Cannot Continue (how he's completely passive to start with, also). Meanwhile, while Eve is maddened by Adam's death, I would call that a consequence of his love, his destructive rampage is too unfocused for hatred. I think the confusion is that Adam shows on the surface a very intellectual version of hatred. But he still tortures 9S just to make 2B feel bad.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Eve-talk actually reminds me, how exactly do the machines tie into the Drakengard poo poo? Is that ever actually explained in some document I missed, or is it Drakengard 3 flower levels of "just there, we won't explain it, deal with it"?

Specifically the fact that all of the collectors in C using angelic text, and Eve having the Watcher decal tattoo when he ends up going nuts. I only read TDI's LP of those games after the fact, but that three eyed sigil stood out even not knowing what it was representing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
How do you get Emil to change his inventory again? I've stopped him along all three of his usual routes but he never carries anything other than plug-in chips.

EDIT: Nevermind, Finally got him to carry something else.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 7, 2017