Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:wtc::barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Boy do I hope Canada/the NHL cares more about sexual assault/rape than Americans appear to because that is loving disgusting

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Boy do I hope Canada/the NHL cares more about sexual assault/rape than Americans appear to because that is loving disgusting

Spoiler alert: they don't.

At least, not enough to matter. They'll be outraged for a week or two and then forget about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, that's also not sexual assault. I'm sure some of it's still illegal, though.

And of course a guy doesn't only try that once.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

lol this is going to end with Sobotka being injured most of the time, I imagine.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah gently caress Katz but that's harassment at most so far, maybe soliciting too

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Doctor Butts posted:

That view probably literally stank.

Could not smell, but following the on-ice action did indeed stink.

I will happily return to the upper bowl slums for the playoffs so I can actually watch the action instead of throwing suggestive looks at Nick Backstrom all game.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

That Sobotka deal seems really loving bad but maybe he matured into more than just a solid 3rd line center with good defensive awareness in his time in the KHL.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Chad Sexington posted:

Could not smell, but following the on-ice action did indeed stink.

I will happily return to the upper bowl slums for the playoffs so I can actually watch the action instead of throwing suggestive looks at Nick Backstrom all game.

Lower bowl seats below about 10 rows from the top of the section are the most overrated seats in sports. You get some combination of the benches, penalty boxes, and/or curved glass which kinda gives that weird fish bowl effect to the rink. I once had to watch the finish of a Canes/CBJ game on the jumbotron because I couldn't actually see the action.

For that matter, Row A in the upper bowl at Nationwide (and probably your barn) sucks too because the protective glass creates a line right through your line of sight. I got Row A in 215 for the last Panthers game at Nationwide and had to move up to the empty seats in B behind because I was getting a headache watching the CBJ defend through glass but attack with my own eyes.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

Lower bowl seats below about 10 rows from the top of the section are the most overrated seats in sports. You get some combination of the benches, penalty boxes, and/or curved glass which kinda gives that weird fish bowl effect to the rink. I once had to watch the finish of a Canes/CBJ game on the jumbotron because I couldn't actually see the action.

For that matter, Row A in the upper bowl at Nationwide (and probably your barn) sucks too because the protective glass creates a line right through your line of sight. I got Row A in 215 for the last Panthers game at Nationwide and had to move up to the empty seats in B behind because I was getting a headache watching the CBJ defend through glass but attack with my own eyes.

You've just got to go into it expecting a different experience. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but when you're in the row behind the bench, spend a lot of time watching how they change and all the interactions on the bench. It's cool to get right up close and see stuff you never see on TV, like being able to read the coaches Xs and Os diagrams. or the emotions between players. It's pretty cool if you just don't stress about how much of the actual game you won't see.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

2nd row coyotes seats are like $50 right now. $30 for upper deck first row

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I wish the NHL could force out Katz over this a la Sterling

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

hifi posted:

2nd row coyotes seats are like $50 right now. $30 for upper deck first row

Yeah, but you have to watch the Coyotes

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Gio posted:

the red wings signed some ugly kid. possibly a ginger.

we're back, baby

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

grack posted:

Yeah, but you have to watch the Coyotes

go yotes

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/icemancometh/status/850165067828023296

:rip:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Too bad it wasn't Kesler.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
:siren: Brayden point is straight up balls daddy :siren:

Wrong thread, but that doesn't make it any less true

Wonderllama fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 7, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

glynnenstein posted:

Toronto only has like a 2.3% chance to miss the playoffs at this point.

Hmm... That's about as unlikely as a 3 goal 3rd period comeback...

Hey bud, about that......

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Not an empty quote.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Stretch Marx posted:

Not an empty quote.

Four home games to close the season needing just two points to clinch a playoff spot, and they're gonna blow it. loving Leafs...

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Final spot in the East down to Toronto, Tampa, and NYI. All teams have 2 games left.

Toronto - 93 points, 38 ROW - vs PIT, vs CBJ
NYI - 90 points, 37 ROW - @ NJD, vs OTT
Tampa - 90 points, 36 ROW - @ MTL, vs BUF

Toronto needs to do more than just pick up 1 point if the Isles get 2 ROW in their final two games as the Isles would own the tiebreaker in that case. Still very unlikely Toronto misses but they've certainly made things interesting.

(come on and win a few more games you metro fuckers)

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Go Bolts
Go Isles

:)

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
The only bright spot on missing the playoffs is the fact that we came from 30th last year to almost do so. I'm super impressed with the rookies for the most part and can't wait for the dead weight of the older management groups to be finally shed for picks or something.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pittsburgh are probably going to rest some of their better players, so the leafs might be able to lose one in overtime.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
News: SENS CLINCH

Views: I'M HAPPY

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Stretch Marx posted:

The only bright spot on missing the playoffs is the fact that we came from 30th last year to almost do so. I'm super impressed with the rookies for the most part and can't wait for the dead weight of the older management groups to be finally shed for picks or something.

The oilers were only 1 point ahead last season, clinched in march, and are fighting for 1st in the division.

Also interesting: The 15-16 30th place leafs had 22 more points than the 16-17 avs have right now. Maybe not a fair comparison because the avs could win their last 3 games and aaaahahahahaha.

The worst goal differential last year was -52 for the canucks, the Avs are currently at -109.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Someone save us from Calamity Hunlak.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Pittsburgh are probably going to rest some of their better players, so the leafs might be able to lose one in overtime.

I wouldn't be sure about that. Crosby might want to play to keep atop the goals race, and Malkin is likely to play in one or both of the Pens' final two games as a tune up if he's able to go.

Wouldn't be surprised to see other guys rested though, and you might see the Mafster.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Iodised QQ posted:

It just went from being like a 1/27 chance to being a 1/12 chance

C'MON LEAFS, YOU CAN DO THIS. I BELIEVE IN YOU AND YOUR ABILITY TO MAKE YOUR FANS FEEL LIKE ABSOLUTE loving RETARDS.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 7, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Iodised QQ posted:

Final spot in the East down to Toronto, Tampa, and NYI. All teams have 2 games left.

Toronto - 93 points, 38 ROW - vs PIT, vs CBJ
NYI - 90 points, 37 ROW - @ NJD, vs OTT
Tampa - 90 points, 36 ROW - @ MTL, vs BUF

Toronto needs to do more than just pick up 1 point if the Isles get 2 ROW in their final two games as the Isles would own the tiebreaker in that case. Still very unlikely Toronto misses but they've certainly made things interesting.

Bolts/Isles winning and the Leafs losing their next game would make for an exciting Sunday finale, which means the Leafs will win on Saturday because the most fun option never happens.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Stretch Marx posted:

Schlesische posted:

It just went from being like a 1/27 chance to being a 1/12 chance

C'MON LEAFS, YOU CAN DO THIS. I BELIEVE IN YOU AND YOUR ABILITY TO MAKE YOUR FANS FEEL LIKE ABSOLUTE loving RETARDS.

Definitely the Leaf fans looking like the crazies here.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

how many third line centers do the blues need to pay 3 mill a year to

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I read an article today that quoted both Sedins as saying they won't play for another team other than Vancouver, so RIP their cup chances.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HookShot posted:

I read an article today that quoted both Sedins as saying they won't play for another team other than Vancouver, so RIP their cup chances.

Not surprising, they're barely playing for Vancouver at this point :smug:

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

lol

he does looks like hes 12 tho

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gio posted:

lol

he does looks like hes 12 tho

He's 19

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
jacob chychrun on the other hand looks like a grown rear end man

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

im not going to see the LAST GAME AT THE JOE. because i have a beer league game at 6. dont think ill bother to watch the replay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Disappointed with the game tonight. That third period was really awful. But I'm proud of the rookies (and some of the other guys) no matter what happens so that's cool. I think their only hope is beating the (if they're still injured?) Pens because the Leafs are brutal on back to backs this year.

• Locked thread