Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
She's younger and cooler than him and not """""""girly"""""" enough. It's only a three year difference but in your 20s that's some big developmental time. socially speaking. I'm under 30 but at the point where it's getting weird to see people still obsessed with party culture but he's definitely being a ninny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Me (39M) and ArbitraryC(??) Disagree about stuff on SA, now i have erectile dysfunction

It's the only definition he used for functioning well as an adult. If he said she isn't able to hold down a job due to her lifestyle, I could see that being a problem.

TLDR: It's the closest I've got to "functioning as an adult".

I mean maybe it's a rare experience but I graduated with a lucrative masters and was still a bit immature when I came out of college, I earn more than my gf who has a phd and is a prof at a local uni but I don't consider that a barganing chip in our relationship. Believe you me I've done a shitton of drugs and am mostly criticizing the girl in this story based on my own experiences. I'm not gauging her against my ex'es mistakes or w/e, I'm doing it against my own.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

54 40 or gently caress posted:

She's younger and cooler than him and not """""""girly"""""" enough. It's only a three year difference but in your 20s that's some big developmental time. socially speaking. I'm under 30 but at the point where it's getting weird to see people still obsessed with party culture but he's definitely being a ninny

Yeah but she's 24. When you're 24 you're still supposed to be a dumbass, and wishing she were a Stepford wife is a dark vision of what he thinks growing up is for a woman

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

I earn more than my gf who has a phd and is a prof at a local uni

so do most janitors

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
harsh truths being laid out itt

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Pick posted:

so do most janitors

so she shouldnt be able to complain about me being a manchild as per this thread. them just the rules

I make more money so I am more mature, it's how things work

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
have you tried developing yourself emotionally instead of spending 12 hours a day glued to your screen getting overwatch loot crates or whatever it is goons are doing these days? 10/10 men find that's the best most effective solution to stop the complaining about your manchildishness

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean maybe it's a rare experience but I graduated with a lucrative masters and was still a bit immature when I came out of college, I earn more than my gf who has a phd and is a prof at a local uni but I don't consider that a barganing chip in our relationship. Believe you me I've done a shitton of drugs and am mostly criticizing the girl in this story based on my own experiences. I'm not gauging her against my ex'es mistakes or w/e, I'm doing it against my own.

I agree with you, I don't see it as a bargaining chip either. I did phrase it badly. I was just looking for any indication he thinks she's not functioning as an adult, but he doesn't think it's worth mentioning beyond she earns more. So I'm assuming she's fine.

I didn't like the not ladylike thing.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 7, 2017

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
"help my 24 year old wife acts like a 24 year old and I'm a stuffy uncool elmer and it constantly reminds me of that fact and makes me insecure that she might leave me for someone way cooler" is how that post reads, if I'm being honest.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Nothing concrete he said gives any indication of her being immature or obsessed with staying a college kid but he definitely comes off as one of those immature people obsessed with a kid's version of Being An Adult, which mainly revolves around wearing clothes from the 50s and sneering at anyone around him who attempts anything more fun than stamp collecting.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

SpaceClown posted:

"help my 24 year old wife acts like a 24 year old and I'm a stuffy uncool elmer and it constantly reminds me of that fact and makes me insecure that she might leave me for someone way cooler" is how that post reads, if I'm being honest.

She smokes weed even, I used to love it but now I don't, so she should stop having a medical condition that has it prescribed because it's immature.

quote:

I make more money so I am more mature, it's how things work

: dead horse :

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 7, 2017

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Nothing concrete he said gives any indication of her being immature or obsessed with staying a college kid but he definitely comes off as one of those immature people obsessed with a kid's version of Being An Adult, which mainly revolves around wearing clothes from the 50s and sneering at anyone around him who attempts anything more fun than stamp collecting.

where the gently caress does that kid version of adulthood even come from? do people really grow up thinking that life is anything but extreme freeform ad libbing? and that there's a wrong way to go about that other than "don't give others too much grief"? i refuse to believe that, just like i refuse to believe kids think adults esp. their parents are infallible. no, i dont think you were actually that big of a moron.

She smokes weed even, I used to love it but now I don't, so she should stop having a medical condition that has it prescribed because it's immature.

i will say somewhere in the 75% range of medical marijuana prescriptions are loving horsehockey and the guy's description of the girl opens the plausibility that she's not in that slim 25%.

that being said, there are worse habits for a 24 year old to have other than to rip a bowl every now and then.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Outside of saying loud parties (which I think is a p big tell) i agree there isn't a lot of concrete evidence, I just am maybe giving too much credit to the op cause I was p much the gf he was complaining about in my own relationships.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
you must be at least this unfun to date this man.

ladies... :wiggle:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

SpaceClown posted:

where the gently caress does that kid version of adulthood even come from? do people really grow up thinking that life is anything but extreme freeform ad libbing? and that there's a wrong way to go about that other than "don't give others too much grief"?

Yes, many many many people have ideas like "You must own a home, have a job, and have a family" to be considered a "real" adult. Society's expectations are a hell of a drug.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i'll never find it not amusing that despite being a druggie fuckup uni dropout i maintain leaps and bounds of self-actualization over the straight-edge no-demerit american dream rear end in a top hat.

like, i really want you to think on that and appreciate the 5 trillion tonnes of irony.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Just imagine I didn't post an article about someone trying to come to terms with their gf's love of dragon dildos.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 7, 2017

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

:sever: :sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Yes, many many many people have ideas like "You must own a home, have a job, and have a family" to be considered a "real" adult. Society's expectations are a hell of a drug.

It wasn't the life I wanted, but I lost that fight to the blonde-haired marine fair and square.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I spoilered it so it's safe for anyone up to 30 now.

E- Article bad. This never happened. Move along.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 7, 2017

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
im not even 26

furries are just a bridge too far for me, and im not exactly vanilla if you catch my drift.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Improbable Lobster posted:

Unless the boyfriend has a collection of falcons and hawks I don't think it's that big a deal

This is a minor thing from a few pages ago; but a lot of prey species like Guinea Pigs etc will not show outward signs of illness or discomfort to avoid being targets. So while your dog might limp or mope about, the guinea pig will soldier on until it's about to die. Meaning the owner needs to be very attentive. Also as already said it's mostly just that who the gently caress impulse buys pets in under 24hrs ugh.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Imagine that woman seeing The Desolation of Smaug in theaters.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SpaceClown posted:

im not even 26

furries are just a bridge too far for me, and im not exactly vanilla if you catch my drift.

aw poo poo how dare you pretend to know things, you're friggin 25

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Panfilo posted:

Imagine that woman seeing The Desolation of Smaug in theaters.

Truly, tales and songs fall utterly short of your enormity, O Smaug

They'd need new seats.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 7, 2017

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

aw poo poo how dare you pretend to know things, you're friggin 25

shut up grandma, 25 is practically middle aged.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

You're just a fetus with a terrible attitude

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

You're just a fetus with a terrible attitude

something like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGqdE1NdMTg

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

SpaceClown posted:

where the gently caress does that kid version of adulthood even come from? do people really grow up thinking that life is anything but extreme freeform ad libbing? and that there's a wrong way to go about that other than "don't give others too much grief"? i refuse to believe that, just like i refuse to believe kids think adults esp. their parents are infallible. no, i dont think you were actually that big of a moron.

i will say somewhere in the 75% range of medical marijuana prescriptions are loving horsehockey and the guy's description of the girl opens the plausibility that she's not in that slim 25%.

that being said, there are worse habits for a 24 year old to have other than to rip a bowl every now and then.

I don't think we have any information on the "validity" of her medical marijuana prescription. The description didn't seem to contain any information about that, it's a bunch of things her partner wishes were different about her. Seems like that has the same likelihood as when I had no information at all about her.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 7, 2017

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
im gonna go out on a limb and say someone who goes to and throws loud parties is more likely to have a bogus medical marijuana prescription.

just speculation though.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I found a gem but the iOS Reddit app doesn't seem want to let me copy/paste the text

(Or maybe I am dumb 🙃)

Not linking since I'm unclear if that falls afoul of the invasion rule

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pm me the link if you like.

E - if you find it in your browser that should let you copy/paste.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 7, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
gonna go out on a limb and say all medical marijuana prescriptions are bogus because it's not actually medicinal

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i was going to go there but im reminded that cbd is effective as an anti-seizure agent in rare cases so not ALL are bogus

in reality 99.9% are i just didn't want the "BUT ITS SO HEALING DUDE IT'S HEALTHY ANTICANCER DECALCIFY YOUR PINEAL GLAND" people to start freaking out like they always do

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
also i dont really care but it's sometimes a viable option for an anti-anxiety med, and it's objectively better for your body to be hosed up on thc than benzos so if we're approaching this from a public health perspective, there's that.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SpaceClown posted:

shut up grandma, 25 is practically middle aged.

25 is the very last year of childhood imo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boner confessor posted:

25 is the very last year of childhood imo

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

wait a sec arent you like 28 or something and you're coming on here like you can throw shade? gently caress on girl.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
as i see it you gain 4% adulthood per year, and lose 4% childness, so by 12 and a half you are half child and half adult, and as you approach your mid 20's you are aware of and trying to preserve every last drop of childhood within you as the raw sun blasted desert of being an adult beckons you into its fearsome welcome. at which point you become an adult, but you have been a full adult for basically no years, so you still suck really bad at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SpaceClown posted:

wait a sec arent you like 28 or something and you're coming on here like you can throw shade? gently caress on girl.

yeah but i spent 10 years in a loveless non-relationship which most people don't hit til 35