Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

HPanda posted:

I've gotta figure they still have a ludicrous number of costumes to release, so they could just start basing events around those at some point. Even just V alone...

Looks like they're starting to tap further into the villains, also.

Hell, at some point, they could just start back in on the FFRK story and make up new poo poo. That's not why people play, but it could definitely be used to spread out the still super vast amount of stuff they have left to use. Worst case, they crack open more Square Enix properties. I would legitimately be okay with the Dragon Quest universe becoming a permanent realm. They could even make crossover synergy realms with the main FF titles, where characters start getting soul breaks with all-star team-ups. The content can last as long as they want it to.

I think the problem with other Square Enix properties is a licensing issue, not a want issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Oh my god I had to spend some mythril to retry twice but I managed to beat Beatrix's level 160 event and got that +700hp acc. So nice.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

They still have mystic quest

Come on dena, square, whoever

Add mystic quest

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hogama posted:

Yes, this does mean that Ninja has better physical Dark abilities now than Darkness.
incidentally, Sanguine Cross is getting a buff, and will... take less of your HP to use :v:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

UHD posted:

Add mystic quest

Have they used some of the music? I thought I heard some over the anniversary, but it could be that other FF games had themes very similar to some of the FFMQ boss battle music.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

UHD posted:

Add mystic quest

There were actually a ton of requests for Mystic Quest (aka FF USA) in the most recent NicoNico livestream, so there's a decent chance they'll listen and do at least an event for it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what the heck is the point of gogo's mimic if it can't do soul breaks or burst commands, sheesh

Andy Waltfeld
Dec 18, 2009
I'm not seeing FF6 become a breakout boost-oriented mage meta realm but two MAG+30% Valigarmandas is still two boosted Valigarmandas

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

what the heck is the point of gogo's mimic if it can't do soul breaks or burst commands, sheesh

free casts of Curada, Meltdown and Tritoch?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Cowcaster posted:

I'm assuming you bring (maybe both) Gogo and go on a Meltdown/Valigarmanda chain. Not accepting Burst commands is actually a good thing in that way so your 6* ability won't be overwritten as the last ability used, so you can still heal and support with the Burst commands without Gogo trying to copy them. It sucks you can't copy some of the really great BSB commands, but free casts of 6* abilities are nice.

Gogo (VI) is launching with his Legend Dive that boosts the power of his Mimic Commands and his LM relic adds Quickcast to them, which lets him get decent damage out of spamming 6*s, or maybe just speed healing with Curada or something.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Oh my god those commands. I already have shadow's bsb, so if I rw his usb then that will be loving nuts. Then all I have to do is run the physical blink ninja abilities and drat son, shadow is my newest best physical fighter! Is the whole blink stacking 4* and 5* ninja combo even good, actually?

And a lot of those relics rock. I'd love another chance at setzer's bsb, and an sb for gau to use when he runs out of chain full charge uses is nice too I guess. And Umaro is a beast, I can't wait to see what lovely ability​ set dena gave him.

Us getting a 5* samurai skill that applies retaliate means I can probably destroy my copy of the samurai's 6*. Though it's still good aoe at least. I still really want to see the skipped ice ability released despite these new abities, the stacking attack buff would be quite nice.

Edit:

Nihilarian posted:

incidentally, Sanguine Cross is getting a buff, and will... take less of your HP to use :v:

Yeah, 13.5% health drain instead of 25%. Alongside the new physical darkness double drain strike ability, it will actually be a very decent combo. I think I'll start honing it, since I have at least one endark bsb physical darkness user.

That can be upkept by a healer bsb spaming the aoe cura while they wait for something better to do. It's a good buff.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 7, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Sprite141 posted:

Oh my god those commands. I already have shadow's bsb, so if I rw his usb then that will be loving nuts. Then all I have to do is run the physical blink ninja abilities and drat son, shadow is my newest best physical fighter! Is the whole blink stacking 4* and 5* ninja combo even good, actually?

It is extremely good. An example, using Edge's presumably-equivalent USB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy3TirLfAFc (also features Tidus's water chain, for chain haters ;))

I haven't seen a hardcore math breakdown of all the permutations yet, but I believe that Edge USB + full legend dive + Water Mirage and Torrent Seal is the single best physical DPS combo in the game. Shadow with the Dark equivalents should be just about as good. Better in some ways, worse in others.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 7, 2017

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I have edge's ssb. Does that stack with the blink stacking thing, or is it like a different type of blink.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Can someone tell me, can you get multiple onion knight seals for record sphere unlocks by repeating the world of darkness dungeon thats currently active?

I did it once and got an OK token, tried a second time and did not ... dont want to keep wasting time and mithril on it if its a rare or one time only drop

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Sprite141 posted:

I have edge's ssb. Does that stack with the blink stacking thing, or is it like a different type of blink.

It stacks, although you don't really want to use a SB on a character with no Lifesiphon/Wrath access instead of just using an ability if your goal is just to get a blink stack.

Hi posted:

Can someone tell me, can you get multiple onion knight seals for record sphere unlocks by repeating the world of darkness dungeon thats currently active?

I did it once and got an OK token, tried a second time and did not ... dont want to keep wasting time and mithril on it if its a rare or one time only drop

Yes, you can get all the OK motes you need from the Mote Dungeon Ahriman. They aren't guaranteed drops, but they aren't super rare either. Probably somewhere between 25% and 50%, I'd say.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Hi posted:

Ahriman does drop OK motes, yes. I'm not sure what the drop rate is. You do not get them from completion rewards.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Tried an ill-advised pull on the WoFF Banners to try and grab the cute BSBs.

4/11: Lann SSB x 2, Reynn SSB, Lightning SSB2.

A little disappointing, but the double up on Lightning boosting armor is nice. Shame Garnet can't use either of them though. Lann's SSB is garbage though.

If I had Refia or Edea's BSBs I might try another pull for the element boosting BSBs, but now I have too many dupes on a Banner that wasn't great to begin with.

It wasn't the-meant to be.

Edit:

Hi posted:

Everyone else covered it, but I don't think it's worth spending Mythril on to get you through the boss battle.

The FF3 event in two weeks will have an EXP Dungeon which is much easier to go through and get Onion Motes.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 7, 2017

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Why the hell won't clouds RM just drop already? I'm so tired of using him...

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

Which one are you trying to get? Mako might?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

MarcusSA posted:

On the off chance you don't know/missed it, if you don't have his RM2 yet, the one before mako might, you can only get it in one specific elite dungeon. The Cargo Ship, to be specific.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mithross posted:

On the off chance you don't know/missed it, if you don't have his RM2 yet, the one before mako might, you can only get it in one specific elite dungeon. The Cargo Ship, to be specific.

Wait wtf I Have to get that one first?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

MarcusSA posted:

You have to go in order with RMs. RM1 for first level cap break, RM2 by doing whatever, RM3... etc. You can't get them out of order. Cloud is one of the more annoying examples, though.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

yep. They eventually stopped doing that but a few of the earlier ones have odd requirements. Make sure to check the requirements in-app, the wiki isn't always accurate.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

MarcusSA posted:

A requirement for every Record Materia is getting the previous Record Materia. So yes, you need to use Cloud's MC2 & get Soldier Counter before Mako Might will have the chance to drop.

I think Kain, Cloud, Black Mage and White Mage have specific battles you need to bring them in for their Materia to drop. There's also a lot of people who only drop their RM in their home realm (eg. Tidus will only drop High Scorer in an FFX stage). The in-game Record Materia list is pretty good at indicating requirements for Materia to drop.

Edit: not at my computer right now, but I used to use this to help me keep track of the RMs with special conditions. Not sure if that core list is accurate though.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 7, 2017

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

pichupal posted:

Everyone else covered it, but I don't think it's worth spending Mythril on to get you through the boss battle.

The FF3 event in two weeks will have an EXP Dungeon which is much easier to go through and get Onion Motes.

Yea that woulda been my next question is , is it worth it.

Im not wasting a ton of mithril on world of darkness, but theres literally no reward for repeating it if the OK mote doesnt drop... usually 1 or 2 mithril to build up and unleash my triple enholy beatrix minfilia agrias BSB/BSB/OSB steamroll of constant 9999x2 attacks that debuff his damage capabilities but if theres a better alternative Id rather just wait

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh well poo poo. Thanks for that I'll go get his RM1 then. Guess that solves that problem

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Hi posted:

Yea that woulda been my next question is , is it worth it.

Im not wasting a ton of mithril on world of darkness, but theres literally no reward for repeating it if the OK mote doesnt drop... usually 1 or 2 mithril to build up and unleash my triple enholy beatrix minfilia agrias BSB/BSB/OSB steamroll of constant 9999x2 attacks that debuff his damage capabilities but if theres a better alternative Id rather just wait

Absolutely do not use mithril trying to farm Onion Motes. He's worthwhile as a character without any motes if you have his BSB, and you'll probably have better options available to you if you don't have it.

But yeah, III event coming up with mote farming available and much easier, plus with experience bonus. The Ahriman method of farming motes should really only be a thing if you have stamina to spare and can do it without mithril.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Sprite141 posted:

Yeah, 13.5% health drain instead of 25%. Alongside the new physical darkness double drain strike ability, it will actually be a very decent combo. I think I'll start honing it, since I have at least one endark bsb physical darkness user.

That can be upkept by a healer bsb spaming the aoe cura while they wait for something better to do. It's a good buff.
my main problem with Sanguine Cross is that the damage you do to yourself counts against medals. If they fixed that I'd consider making it again.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

HPanda posted:

Absolutely do not use mithril trying to farm Onion Motes. He's worthwhile as a character without any motes if you have his BSB, and you'll probably have better options available to you if you don't have it.

But yeah, III event coming up with mote farming available and much easier, plus with experience bonus. The Ahriman method of farming motes should really only be a thing if you have stamina to spare and can do it without mithril.

If you can beat Ahriman without using revives it would be much more stamina efficient for farming motes if that's all you need. The drop rate for the motes in the FF3 exp dungeons is not very high. There were people (myself included) who used every spare stamina available short of mythril refreshes last time the FF3 exp dungeons were available and still did not get all the motes they needed.

flowinprose fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 7, 2017

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

flowinprose posted:

If you can beat Ahriman without using revives it would be much more stamina efficient for farming motes if that's all you need. The drop rate for the motes in the FF3 exp dungeons is not very high. There were people (myself included) who used every spare stamina available short of mythril refreshes last time the FF3 exp dungeons were available and still did not get all the motes they needed.

I used every bit of stamina and ended up with more motes than I needed. :confused:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Just wait for the next FF3 event. If it's anything like the OK's event you'll be able to farm 3x more than you need just by running the xp level casually.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Alxprit posted:

I used every bit of stamina and ended up with more motes than I needed. :confused:

Such is whimsy of RNG. Even completing all the cid missions for motes and using tons of stamina on the dungeons, I ended up short by either 1 or 2 motes, if I remember correctly. I definitely know I had to kill Ahriman to finish it out, but I don't remember how many times.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Alternately, roll Agrias and Cloud OSB and just gently caress Ahriman's poo poo in because you're bored. Finished farming my last motes earlier today, only real issue now is that I need 28 more 4* Vitality motes to finish Onion Knight up.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

my main problem with Sanguine Cross is that the damage you do to yourself counts against medals. If they fixed that I'd consider making it again.

At this point in the game's lifespan, the only thing you generally need to even consider as far as medal requirements is making sure you hit all the special medals for a fight. It's very rare for there to be a consequential fight with fewer than 3 medal losses allowed, and that means you can afford to lose 1 medal for actions taken and 2 for damage taken. You cannot lose more than 2 for damage taken regardless of how much damage you take, and I have never seen 2 actions taken medals lost since the last time they tweaked the medal requirements.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I'm 3/3 on dollar pulls, the odds are ever in my favor. Too bad 2/3 dupes.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, after not playing this for months, the notifications on my phone caught my attention, particularly the new FFIX one, and I decided to start drawing. Between the free draw and one pull on each IX banner over the past few days, I got the following results:

I am, as you might expect, pretty happy; when I saw that last banner I was hoping for either Beatrix's sword or something good for Vivi (my two favorite characters), and I also have Kuja's glove (plus some nice things for non-IX people from before), so, I think I'm really well off. I guess I should get back into this and put all this to use.

Also I still have 50 mithril; anything worth throwing it at now?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Roland Jones posted:

Also I still have 50 mithril; anything worth throwing it at now?

IMO save it, the first of the upcoming FF3 banners seemed pretty good at a glance (and has stuff for a new character as well as some old ones), as does the FFT one a bit after that (which has two new characters).

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

At this point in the game's lifespan, the only thing you generally need to even consider as far as medal requirements is making sure you hit all the special medals for a fight. It's very rare for there to be a consequential fight with fewer than 3 medal losses allowed, and that means you can afford to lose 1 medal for actions taken and 2 for damage taken. You cannot lose more than 2 for damage taken regardless of how much damage you take, and I have never seen 2 actions taken medals lost since the last time they tweaked the medal requirements.

I have, but only on Torments as somebody who didn't have any BSBs and had to rely on lesser (unstacked) boostgas.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prism posted:

IMO save it, the first of the upcoming FF3 banners seemed pretty good at a glance (and has stuff for a new character as well as some old ones), as does the FFT one a bit after that (which has two new characters).

Alright, thanks.

By the way, when I stopped playing before, OSBs were just becoming a thing. How are they? Like, is it worth using Cloud solely for his? I mean, his in particular seems a bit lackluster compared to others that have more effects, I suppose, but, yeah.

Also, has the meta/general strategy shifted much, or is it still Wall, Hastega, and maybe Boostga for all the toughest stuff? Anything important I should know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Roland Jones posted:

Alright, thanks.

By the way, when I stopped playing before, OSBs were just becoming a thing. How are they? Like, is it worth using Cloud solely for his? I mean, his in particular seems a bit lackluster compared to others that have more effects, I suppose, but, yeah.

Also, has the meta/general strategy shifted much, or is it still Wall, Hastega, and maybe Boostga for all the toughest stuff? Anything important I should know?

Most OSBs are just raw damage (Orlandu's is the one exception I can think of), and Cloud's is actually pretty good since he has a BSB with an enelement now (his BSB2, C. Motorcycle Cloud Cycle) and Wind's a pretty common imperil.

They're good, but they're generally not good enough to bring a character solely for. BSBs and USBs (Ultra Soul Bursts, the other 6* Relic bursts) are much more make-or-break.

Wall isn't nearly as necessary as it used to be, with the prevalence of DEF/RES-ignoring moves on higher content, but it can be nice to have, especially if you lack enough debuffs to stack on bosses. Hastega is also pretty nice but if you have a full team of people with BSBs, you don't need it since all BSBs give the user haste. Stat buffs, though, are definitely the way to go for harder stuff - a +50% Boostga and +30% Faithga have about the same returns on damage done before softcap, and there's a lot more stacking buffs than there used to be if you get lucky with relics; ATK/MAG doublebuffs in particular are pretty common nowdays.

Really, the absolute Most Important Thing I feel you should have are a strong healer SB (either a BSB with a weak command medica or an instant-cast USB); the best offense and defense are survival.

• Locked thread