Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Guy Mann why you so stupid tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ImpAtom posted:

They claimed it was because of spoilers. Seriously.

http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/

They're afraid that people will watch the stream, feel like they've experienced the story, and not buy it. It's not really about spoilers, they're not doing this so their customers aren't spoiled on major plot details.

In reality we know that people watching a streamed game are generally more likely to buy the game.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
It is pathetic that you have to spell that out for people

Cmon yall nobody cares about your weird nerdy vendettas against nerds and how they choose to spend their free time vs your free time, this is just a misguided corporate tactic that has nothing to do with spoilers

It's not a good precedent you corporate cock gobblers

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFRF1I4Elw

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PslLAK67vSM

On one hand Hotline Miami with cleaner graphics and superpowers sounds like it could be a good time, on the other hand lol at how shameless that trailer music is.

Dr Cheeto posted:

They're afraid that people will watch the stream, feel like they've experienced the story, and not buy it. It's not really about spoilers, they're not doing this so their customers aren't spoiled on major plot details.

In reality we know that people watching a streamed game are generally more likely to buy the game.

"this has nothing to do with spoilers"

"they're afraid that people will be less likely in experiencing the story themselves if it's been spoiled to them in a stream"

e. Also the actual data from real studies done by publishers has shown that when people can experience a game for free they're less likely to buy it themselves, which is why demos all but died out long before streaming was really a thing.

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 7, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't care how much people rag on the translation of Persona 5 anymore, they nailed the only two lines that matter: "I don't make a habit of putting men's numbers in my phone" and "We hate the cops"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The way Atlus is going about the streaming spoiler thing is dumb as hell. If they had simply asked people not to stream or upload videos of certain things because of spoilers I don't think many people would've had much of an issue. I mean it would've happened still, but I think a lot of the bigger streamers and youtubers who are playing it would've obliged. That happens literally all the time. Instead they went right to "if you do this we will DMCA claim your video and your channel WILL get a copyright strike" and it ends up being instead of "hey can you not do this?" it's "DO NOT do this". And you can't just tell the internet to not do something.

I mean it backfired on them on twitter pretty badly because people instantly started posting huge spoilers of the game on there, in reply to Atlus, so everyone could see. The way they went about this nonsense is awful.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Beat Specter Knight, yay

But now I'm bored again, boo :(

Try new game plus for a nice surprise >:]

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Do you have STAIRS in your HOUSE?!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Small thing in Persona 5 that is good as hell: the characters calling out their personas when you open the skills menu. I dunno, I like that immediate response to player input in a turn-based game, even if it's purely visual. It makes everything feel really smooth.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I want to play Specter Knight on my Nintendo 3DS :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

PantsBandit posted:

Hard same. 3DS is the superior Shovel Knight format imo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

FirstAidKite posted:

Try new game plus for a nice surprise >:]

By nice you mean inspired if a bit cruel for my sanity/reflexes, I suppose

With the amount of relying on the heal curio I did there's no way NG+ is in the cards for me :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

PantsBandit posted:

This but for the WiiU. Seriously what's the holdup here? It's out on 3DS and WiiU in Japan! :confused:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am reading that ranged weapons are not that great in this game... but I want to build this S-Link anyway

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
(△) HATE COPS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am reading that ranged weapons are not that great in this game... but I want to build this S-Link anyway

It takes a while because you need drat near maximum Guts to ask that guy to sell you a real gun

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rodney is good.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

My cat just tipped over an unattended glass of water and spilled water over my sidetable and I rescued everything but my psp is wet and ugh if this thing breaks -

... I mean I won't be too sad because I've played most of what I want to play on it, but also, ughhhh cat! Do not touch my water! Do not tip my glasses over!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

StrixNebulosa posted:

My cat just tipped over an unattended glass of water and spilled water over my sidetable and I rescued everything but my psp is wet and ugh if this thing breaks -

... I mean I won't be too sad because I've played most of what I want to play on it, but also, ughhhh cat! Do not touch my water! Do not tip my glasses over!

Tipping stuff over is the cat's natural state, though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Specter of Torment review: Pretty fun as always for Shovel Knight, the new mechanics are enjoyable, but it feels like there's an excess of gotcha one-hit kills and other annoying design compared to the base game, perhaps as a way to compensate for or help showcase Specter knight's abilities. G5F4

StrixNebulosa posted:

The cat only punishes sinners, what have you been doing?

ImpAtom posted:

They claimed it was because of spoilers. Seriously.

http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/

Pretend I posted your favorite confused face meme here.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Lurdiak posted:

The cat only punishes sinners, what have you been doing?

Playing Hitman!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoUEQYjYgf4

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I played Parappa The Rapper Remastered and that poo poo is beatable in under an hour. Also the plot is for literal babies and Parappa's sad sack clown father is amazing. I am going to Platinum it I think.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
today i felt mostly crappy after work due to too much coffee probably and didn't play any persona 5

hosed up i know

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I played a little bit of Persona 5 when I got home from work but then took a 3 hour nap.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I played Majora's Mask because I don't even own Persona 5 :twisted:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I have persona 5 on my shelf taunting me but because I'm going out of town next week for 5 - 7 days I decided not to play it until I get back :tif:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
To be honest part of me cant get over how uncomfortable it is to play such an involved and lengthy jrpg on a console

Then again i played p3p and p4g rather than the console releases, and my ps2 dq8 playthrough was abandoned 6 hours in vs the 3ds version, where I am currently at 30 hours

I shan't abandon p5 though it's too good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

KingSlime posted:

today i felt mostly crappy after work due to too much coffee probably and didn't play any persona 5

hosed up i know

Ironic, actually.

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 7, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I played Parappa The Rapper Remastered and that poo poo is beatable in under an hour. Also the plot is for literal babies and Parappa's sad sack clown father is amazing. I am going to Platinum it I think.

Did you check the toilets on the left?

Did you check the toilets on the right?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I am stunned that a repeatable crafting grind quest had this much thought put into it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I thought I was looking at a corn in the bible post for a minute.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I thought I was looking at a corn in the bible post for a minute.

That is frightening.

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

ASK ME ABOUT MY OPINIONS ON CANCEL CULTURE

Avian Pneumonia posted:

Hey what's the going price for a regular PS4 these days?

I gave mine to a friend a while back and he is saying at this point he'd just like to buy it from me because he plays it all the time and I forgot I even gave it to him.

It's the original style and has one normal controller.
As far as games it has bloodborne and until dawn and maybe a few smaller titles.

Craigslist and amazon are giving me wildly different numbers so I have no idea what to charge him.

is $150 a reasonable friend-price?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Avian Pneumonia posted:

is $150 a reasonable friend-price?

It's a decent friend price. I sold my launch PS4 for $180 on Craigslist back in November. If it's a slim or they're giving you any extras like games or extra controllers, 150 is especially nice.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

StrixNebulosa posted:

As someone with cats, here's a tip; buy a big earthenware mug of some sort that's too heavy for the cat to push around and use that as a place to set your actual drinking glass.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Sippy cups, my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
For anyone here who has played the talos principle, I just got to the "one free question" bit. Is there a script or anything I can look at to see what the other answers would have been? I haven't had much luck looking it up online.

• Locked thread