Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

You're not getting the full Souls experience until you spend 30 minutes on the creator tool lovingly crafting a new face, only to sleep in a coffin and wake up as a girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

exquisite tea posted:

You're not getting the full Souls experience until you spend 30 minutes on the creator tool lovingly crafting a new face, only to die repeatedly on the first gauntlet of the game and never touch that character again. wear a face covering helmet for the entire game.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I gave up after the second Destiny DLC. There's only so many times you can fight waves of enemies while your Ghost scans an object before it gets tiresome. Even if they only give me 50c I'll trade it in this weekend when I get my Pro.

I think the Surge looks interesting at least. I won't write it off just yet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love my tiny eyed dark souls man

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i play default character in dark souls cause of the behind the back perspective and helmets and stuff.

in mass effect or fallout where you have close ups of your face for extended convos then i bother to take the time and make something hideous

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I don't think I've ever customized my character in any game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I spent five hours in character creation in Oblivion, to the point of downloading FaceGen software to input data files into the game. And they all still looked like melted plastic.

I have spent less than two minutes in each and every character creation screen since then

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Being able to port your character from Saints Row 3 to Saints Row 4 was pretty much the best quality of life perk I've ever had in a game

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
ok I'm going to be in a leg cast for a month so I was thinking of picking up as PS4 to pass the time a bit. But I'm struggling to find value in the game library. It seems like the best games are PS3 remasters or games better on PC.

About the only game I'm genuinely interested in Horizon Zero Dawn.
Uncharted comes with the system, cool.
I have Bloodborne in my cart but I'm pretty sure I won't like it, I didn't play more than 2 hours of Demon Souls (or was it Dark Souls? Dont remember)
Shadow of Mordor, I remember playing it on PC and it was fun and it's cheap so.
Ratchet and Clank is a remake of the first game? Maybe. Did love those games though.
Titanfall 2 for the single player? Not a big fan of console FPS controls but the aesthetic looks good.

What am I missing here? I've gone through Last of Us, MGSV, GTAV, Witcher 3 on PC/PS3.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How do you feel about JRPGs

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Ammanas posted:

What am I missing here? I've gone through Last of Us, MGSV, GTAV, Witcher 3 on PC/PS3.

Ever heard of this game called Knack?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Nioh, Bloodborne, Yakuza 0, Hatsune Miku (if you like rhythm games), Infamous Second Son/First Light and Nier are all worth a look.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Ever heard of this game called Knack?

No! I would Like to Know More

CharlestheHammer posted:

How do you feel about JRPGs

I like good games, but the aesthetics and themes of jRPGs really lost me around, uh FF8

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Ammanas posted:

I'll let others fill in from here but man.. what a game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If you didn't like Dark Souls, I don't think Knack would be right for you, actually

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ammanas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLcG_9j8is

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I will spend absurd amounts of time customizing my character(s) before playing a game. It's a compulsion. I had a City of Heroes account for several years, never got a character past maybe level 13, but I spent days just making dumb characters because it had the best customization.

I'm fully aware that I just want to play dress-up with my electronic dollies.

I at least try to stick to one of a couple default names, if only so I don't spend even longer trying to think up a good (dumb) one every time.

My usual fallback is to make a lady named "Klamidya Byrnes." She's been a Jedi, a Dragonborn, several wanderers in a post-nuclear wasteland, dozens of fantasy adventurers, a few superheroes and supervillains, she's closed Oblivion gates, raced cats, and lit a buttload of bonfires and lanterns. Klamidya Shepard also saved the galaxy on a few occasions.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I never played Knack but everything I have seen about its visual design is aggressively unattractive and cheap looking.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Ammanas posted:

ok I'm going to be in a leg cast for a month so I was thinking of picking up as PS4 to pass the time a bit. But I'm struggling to find value in the game library. It seems like the best games are PS3 remasters or games better on PC.

I have Bloodborne in my cart but I'm pretty sure I won't like it, I didn't play more than 2 hours of Demon Souls (or was it Dark Souls? Dont remember)
Ratchet and Clank is a remake of the first game? Maybe. Did love those games though.
Titanfall 2 for the single player? Not a big fan of console FPS controls but the aesthetic looks good.

Ammanas posted:

I like good games, but the aesthetics and themes of jRPGs really lost me around, uh FF8

not sure exactly which part of it you don't like anymore, but if you don't mind a cute game with Pokemon-ish elements and a basic anime plot, World of Final Fantasy is real good. your enjoyment probability certainly increases the more games you've played in the series, but it's by no means necessary to have fun, and you'll still get most of the references if you've played through VIII and have even a vague idea about some of the others.

FFXV is hit/miss with people, but it's definitely a departure in a lot of ways from the previous entries in the series, both in battle system and world exploration.

the problem is both of those games have demos but they're not good demos, so trying the demos might actually put you off them if you're on the fence at all.

The Last Guardian is also missing from your list, and Until Dawn is good to rent for a night, especially if you have someone else to watch/play it with you

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I never played Knack but everything I have seen about its visual design is aggressively unattractive and cheap looking.

:thejoke: :)

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

it's almost as though it was pieced together with random knick-Knacks that Mark Cerny found around his home

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Truly the sort of marquee title that makes a system a must buy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Speaking of character customization, I was wracking my brain for a good name for the group in Persona 5. I finally settled on a good one, though

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Speaking of character customization, I was wracking my brain for a good name for the group in Persona 5. I finally settled on a good one, though

Good choice. Better than SEALDs anyway.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

This video is even better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McDXSxH3Sx8&t=47s

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ammanas posted:

Until Dawn would be a good one to relax with while you are laid up. Infamous is decently fun but others like it more than I do. Nier Automata is very popular but I haven't played enough for a proper recommendation. it seems good though.

Horizon and Bloodborne are the best exclusives. I'd also recommend Nioh to some degree, but if you don't like Souls maybe not. 2 hours isn't a lot of time to judge a whole series off of though because it really is the best.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bloodborne is the best game on PS4, and everyone should at least try a few hours of it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I will spend hours doing character customization. That dumb terrible game APB was huge for this back on PC because you could custom make just about any graphic for your clothes and car and apply dozens of them. The Barbie aspect was so much more fun than the main game that I think 60% of my time was spent making poo poo for my character and other goons.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

bloodychill posted:

I will spend hours doing character customization. That dumb terrible game APB was huge for this back on PC because you could custom make just about any graphic for your clothes and car and apply dozens of them. The Barbie aspect was so much more fun than the main game that I think 60% of my time was spent making poo poo for my character and other goons.

APB had the best character creator of all time and I loved it so much I played that stupid lovely game that was attached to it for way longer than I should have.

Need that tool in an actually good game. Like GTA.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ammanas posted:

In addition to what other people are saying, the first 3 missions of Dishonored 2 are F2P this weekend in case you missed it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Yes you should also play Titanfall 2

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Played Titanfall 2 again last night, still stupid fun even if you suck.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Samurai Sanders posted:

Played Titanfall 2 again last night, still stupid fun even if you suck.

I do! It is!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I get really mad in TF2 when I suck. Not super fun.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The titanfall 2 single player campaign is supposed to be good? How long is it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Like 4 or 5 hours.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Oh :(

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It definitely doesn't have any down time, as soon as you finish one mission in one environment you'll be in the next one fighting within seconds.

Your character is way slower in the single player game than multiplayer though which is weird to me.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
The Titanfall 2 campaign isn't long but it doesn't skip a beat. Marvellous stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome
I finished Horizon Zero Dawn the other day. The game was awesome and I'm sad it's over. There needs to be more.