Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

quit posting in gdts you post count inflating bitch

I only post in college football gdts so deal with it you salty gently caress hole

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:eyepop:

eonwe mk.II

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I don't shitpost in every game thread ever tho

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

But have you posted nearly 4k times in one thread?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

iospace posted:

But have you posted nearly 4k times in one thread?

I dunno I don't keep track I just post dawg

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

vyst posted:

I dunno I don't keep track I just post dawg

what the gently caress why aren't you doing detailed accounting on you are posting

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

what the gently caress why aren't you doing detailed accounting on you are posting

You son of a bitch nobody told me there was going to be a post audit

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

vyst posted:

You son of a bitch nobody told me there was going to be a post audit

the irs (internet recitation service) is gonna have your rear end boy :toughguy:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

EdEddnEddy posted:

Is EVE worth getting back into now or maybe in May? Haven't played in ages yet have 2 accounts ticking away at a even shrinking list of skills.

I'm just waiting for a war myself.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

go start one

g*d bless

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'm just waiting for a war myself.

i wouldnt hold your breath because fozzie sov 'wars' are a snoozefest

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

I only post in college football gdts so deal with it you salty gently caress hole

calm down

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Why bother with actually doing wars now?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
A campaign to retake Deklein. Yes it would take time and isk and effort but it would be something grand to do and it would unmake all the combined efforts of the former MBC members.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Well, there's a jabber channel called dekleinreclamation, so there's a start.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yea, because the new big blue donut would just loving HATE to have a bunch of fights show up at their door step.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

CainFortea posted:

Yea, because the new big blue donut would just loving HATE to have a bunch of fights show up at their door step.

Obviously the solution is to sit in Delve and mine forever. That will teach them a lesson they won't soon forget. Let them taste the true wrath of the Imperium.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Zephyrine posted:

A campaign to retake Deklein. Yes it would take time and isk and effort but it would be something grand to do and it would unmake all the combined efforts of the former MBC members.

Wouldn't non-goonswarm members like you be threatened by the return of GSF to the north?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
And I would advise you not to suggest that I'm a non-goonswarm member like you because lawl if you think either I or the alliance could be bothered to find and remove all my alts.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Endie posted:

And I would advise you not to suggest that I'm a non-goonswarm member like you because lawl if you think either I or the alliance could be bothered to find and remove all my alts.

I'd advise you to think very carefully in future before making statements like this in a public forum.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Zephyrine posted:

Obviously the solution is to sit in Delve and mine forever. That will teach them a lesson they won't soon forget. Let them taste the true wrath of the Imperium.

Everyone has moved south now, tons of local fights in Catch

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

hey

you suck, shut up

thank you

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I wake up after 4 hours of sleep to read this shitposting in the eve thread while literally taking a dump.

If you're not on the island of farts partaking in fanfest I don't know what to tell you.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Wibla posted:

If you're not on the island of farts partaking in fanfest I don't know what to tell you.

"Please don't laugh at me :( " ?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Endie posted:

Spymaster indeed.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Zephyrine posted:

Why would we want to go back to deklein now? :ccp: is dropping blood raider cap bpcs in our laps.

big parcheesi player fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Apr 7, 2017

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

I'd advise you to think very carefully in future before making statements like this in a public forum.

:golfclap:

Whatever happened to dominionix?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

This is a solid meme from the way back that made me chortle. Thank you

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Wibla posted:

I wake up after 4 hours of sleep to read this shitposting in the eve thread while literally taking a dump.

Can you film the alliance panel, or what ever shitshow they're claiming as the alliance panel.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

It's not a binary set solution. Right now there's no big reason to do it. We can go (get) kill(ed by) them when we want without having to slog through sov wanding everything for space we don't need.

I mean, why the gently caress would we? We already did the whole great war thing, and ti was great. PamFam aren't really a patch on BoB.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

hey

you suck, shut up

thank you

No. You shut up, Derptear.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Orange Red Bull posted:

i wouldnt hold your breath because fozzie sov 'wars' are a snoozefest

Fozzie is a great developer and Fozziesov a resounding success, thank you very much!

Fozziesov's prime warfare and the retaking of Deklein, pictured below:

https://i.imgur.com/wyOumrV.mp4

It's just that exciting!

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
what service is that

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

nex posted:

what service is that

"The Reconing"! It says it right there! :confused:

It's something I was playing around with, but, ultimately, I can't be bothered to deal with EVE anymore, so it just languishes on my harddrive. It's a semi-independent part of an adashboard-like recon suite. I've posted a bit more here.

Bonus :catdrugs: included for language of choice.

edit: vvvv ahahaha, as if anybody would ever want to actually work on that pile of crap.

edit2: Just above that snippet, it says ";; Embed valid JSON X-Auth header in every request for local testing or read from basic auth groups", and just below ";; Intermediate steps, then dispatch", so there are some comments ;)

Hollow Talk fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 7, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hollow Talk posted:

"The Reconing"! It says it right there! :confused:

It's something I was playing around with, but, ultimately, I can't be bothered to deal with EVE anymore, so it just languishes on my harddrive. It's a semi-independent part of an adashboard-like recon suite. I've posted a bit more here.

Bonus :catdrugs: included for language of choice.

For posting a code screenshot and not having a single comment in the code on that screenshot, you have failed.

COMMENT YOUR CODE.

Or else I stick James315 on you. :dadjoke:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Hollow Talk posted:

Fozzie is a great developer and Fozziesov a resounding success, thank you very much!

Fozziesov's prime warfare and the retaking of Deklein, pictured below:

https://i.imgur.com/wyOumrV.mp4

It's just that exciting!

<pos.jpg image with 50 reinforced towers to kill or repair, mostly unopposed>

IMO fozziesov isn't a bad system in principle. It just needs continuing evolution to make it more interesting, and to weed out the worst crap that people do with it. Personally I really think they should ditch the remote rep penalty for the entosis module, because that's the thing that pushes all sovwanding into the frigs-or-faxes mode we have now.

The real problems that people have with it can't be fixed by a sov system, because they're at the meta level of nullsec player groups and won't change no matter how sov works. 2006 is gone and resetting eve back to 2006 mechanics wouldn't bring it back.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Klyith posted:

<pos.jpg image with 50 reinforced towers to kill or repair, mostly unopposed>

IMO fozziesov isn't a bad system in principle. It just needs continuing evolution to make it more interesting, and to weed out the worst crap that people do with it. Personally I really think they should ditch the remote rep penalty for the entosis module, because that's the thing that pushes all sovwanding into the frigs-or-faxes mode we have now.

The real problems that people have with it can't be fixed by a sov system, because they're at the meta level of nullsec player groups and won't change no matter how sov works. 2006 is gone and resetting eve back to 2006 mechanics wouldn't bring it back.

It's still the most boring way of handling it. At least, shooting towers involved clear targets with distinct locations and timers, and it paid off to actually bring proper numbers. As I see it, Fozziesov is a fight of "orbit at n km + entosis" vs "warp in at 100 and jam". Best case? "Your" node disappears, but even if it was the last node, chances are it's going to be anticlimatic because a few systems over, a timer stopped or reset or started or something. Worst case? Somebody in a Griffin just stopped 10 minutes of "progress".

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What's the haps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Zephyrine posted:

Spymaster indeed.

Yes, being too lazy to log into all my accounts and the alliance not caring enough to hunt them down despite knowing full well that they're there spells high-level metagame to us all, you dumbo.

• Locked thread